Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, August 11, 2023

🎬 It's a BIG WEEKEND with Numerous Premieres, from Montana🐎 to the Safari🐾 to Hope Valley❤️ and More - SEE HERE:




This Friday through Monday, it's a busy, full weekend with NEW TV Movies! Plus, an all-new episode of When Calls the Heart airs Sunday night.

There's something for everyone... 
a safari, a wedding, a baby shower, and more! 

"Lions, tigers, and teddy bears... oh, my!"

See all of the details below...


*********************



Friday, August 11, 2023:




Tara (Emmanuelle Vaugier), now settled in Montana and dating Cowboy Boone (Kavan Smith), works to bring their family lives together but tensions arise, as blending their families will be more of a challenge than anticipated.

Premieres Friday, August 11, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

*Note: The original Big Sky River movie will air before this sequel, Friday, August 11th at 7pm/6c.

*Note 2: Big Sky River: The Bridal Path will encore Sunday night, August 13th at 7/6c.




*********************



Saturday, August 12, 2023:




The movie is about Janie, a workaholic who is falling apart at the thought of becoming a first-time mom. She whispers a small prayer for help and it’s answered in a very unlikely way when an angel intervenes and fast forwards her life. Janie is lucky enough to be given a second chance, but will she change before it’s too late?

Saturday, August 12, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family



*********************


Saturday, August 12, 2023:




Megan (Brittany Bristow) is a research scientist living her dream in South Africa pursuing a Ph.D. in Ethology, while working as a ranger on a nature reserve. When Tim (Andrew Walker), an American theme park designer arrives to capture footage for an immersive, safari-themed attraction, Megan serves as his guide. As they spend time together exploring the savanna to observe giraffes, elephants and lions in their natural habitats, romance develops. Knowing that Tim will soon return home, Megan is afraid of giving her heart to someone who lives half a world away.

Premieres Saturday, August 12, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel


*********************



Sunday, August 13, 2023:

Season 10 - Episode 3




Tourists start arriving, including the St. Johns, who may prove to be trouble for Bill (Jack Wagner). Meanwhile, Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) rallies all Rosemary’s (Pascale Hutton) friends to plan the perfect baby shower.

Season 10 - Episode 3
airs Sunday, August 13, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel


*********************



Monday, August 14, 2023:




As a young girl, Carrie Watson (Donna Benedicto) placed a piece of wedding cake under her pillow because her mother told her the tradition would make her love dream come true. Two decades later, Carrie is shocked to discover the man she dreamed about is at her younger sister’s wedding.

Airs Monday, August 14, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family

*Note: This movie previously premiered/aired on BYUtv. You can read reviews - here.


*********************



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the new movies!

I'm looking forward to recording them all and catching them when I can. If I get the chance, I'll be watching An Unlikely Angel. I love that Great American Family is airing these faith-based films; we really need more inspirational films like this on TV these days.

For me, When Calls the Heart is an absolute must-see! It looks like it will be a sweet and comical episode centered around Rosemary's surprise(?) baby shower.

Plus, I'm sure the animals will be amazing and cute in A Safari Romance. As much as I like Brittany Bristow and Andrew Walker (they are both great!), the animals just might still the show! Hope this is a good one!

For you Heartland watchers, episode 3 from Season 16 airs Sunday night on UPtv. The network is also airing some fun rom-com movie classics that day, as well, including Love in Translation, starring Michelle Argyris and Corey Sevier, and The Engagement Plot, starring Rachel Boston and Trevor Donovan. New episodes of Heartland will continue to air on UPtv on Sunday nights in August, September, and October.

If you haven't seen Wedding Cake Dreams, which airs Monday night on Great American Family, you can read my review of the movie - here.

Please note: I haven't pre-screened all of the new movies listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in the comments below.

Have a Blessed Weekend, Everyone!
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT ☀️

"I know the plans I have for you,"
says the Lord,
"plans... to give you a future and a hope."
~Jeremiah 29:11 NLT



My DVD Picks:




Stream "When Calls the Heart" Season 10 via Amazon Prime Video:


*** Click here for details! ***



33 comments:

  1. Weekend picks for me are GAF and WCTH! I'll also record A Safari Romance, but it remains to be said if I'll actually watch it. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. WCTH is definitely on my top list! I am really enjoying Rosemary this season, more so than ever! Can't wait!

    The Safari one with Andrew and Brittany looks good as well. Funny, since she already had a African theme with Lacey Chabert. I wonder if she'll have that sweet accent again. I love it when she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to Safari Romance this weekend! And I love the scripture you posted Net! Whatever situation we are in we can always rest assured that God is working it all out for the good.

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, Amen! That's what I believe, too. I'm glad this scripture touched you.

      Have a blessed weekend, Net

      Delete
  4. The only one of these which really appeals is A Safari Romance.

    It will be interesting to see how Brittany Bristow and Andrew Castle pair up together.

    Brittany was good as the sister in Love On Safari and I hope there will be some nice shots of the wildlife.

    Wedding Cake Dreams is okay but nothing special however good enough for a one time watch.

    As for UPtv I'm disgusted with them.

    They'll set their own schedule fair enough but to just abandon the Sunday night Rom.Com premieres without so much as advising their viewers is a low blow (from what Net has said above Heartland will be on right through to October).

    It's a nonsense about caring for the viewers if this is the way they treat us - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense, but I don't feel disgusted at all. If they're having trouble buying rom coms and don't want to bring it up, then that's their own business. Besides, we know they will already have a Christmas line up, so at least you have those new movies to look forward to! Not everyone has time to watch 3 new rom coms each new weekend. -Maria

      Delete
    2. You may have misunderstood me - I'm not disgusted because they're not showing the Premiere Rom.Com anymore on Sunday nights.

      I'm disappointed but as you say they don't have to give reasons.

      HOWEVER my problem is that considering they still advertise "Watch exclusive movies including Romantic Premiere Movies Sunday at 7 ET" the viewers deserve to know that they have discontinued these (even if it is temporary).

      All they needed to say was that there would be none showing in the near future - remaining silen tis disrespectful and ill-mannered to those viewers who watched them - Florence

      Delete
  5. Big Sky River. Was it just me or did they slip in two men at the parent teacher conference. Other than that it was ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoCo, I so appreciate you taking the time to share this detail on Big Sky River. Perhaps, someone else who watched can share their thoughts on that scene.

      I shared your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/06/hallmark-announces-august-2023-movie.html

      Blessings on your weekend, Net

      Delete
    2. Big Sky River: The Bridal Path was fine, but why did they have to insert such an unnecessary scene where Tara talks to two men about a girl, who I presume is their daughter. The scene lasts about 30seconds to a minute, if that. Tara is talking to the men, whose faces are never really seen front on and I don’t recall either one even saying anything. Tara keeps getting text messages as they talk and she walks away looking at her phone. The men are in the background and you can see one guy put his hand on the other guys shoulder. Then, that’s it. Totally unnecessary.

      Delete
  6. It’s WCTH for me this weekend too! I can’t wait to see Rosemary and Lee’s baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! Woohoo!! Although, this might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind if the baby came later. I love seeing this pregnancy, softer and happy side of Rosemary. She's always been special, but even more so now and it's been a treat!

      Delete
  7. I was not all that thrilled with the A Safari Romance movie. It lagged a lot.
    Big Sky River was one that I wanted to see as well. Yes, there was a same sex couple at the parent teacher meeting.
    It is Hallmark trying too much to dump their tried-and-true viewer and try and get an audience that is not true to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Safari Romance is clean, enjoyable, beautifully scenic, and that's about all there is to say. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely loved An Unlikely Angel! And for those looking for quick advertisements, Jillian has a new Christmas movie coming for GAF this year! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, Thank you for spotting and mentioning Jillian's upcoming Christmas movie. I kept an eye out for those details while I finished the movie last night, and I caught the little blurb mentioning Jillian's GAF Christmas movie at the bottom of the screen. So glad you shared that! Thank you! :) ~Net

      Delete
  10. Review: An Unlikely Angel -
    Family-friendly? Yes -
    Keeper? Maybe a One-Timer.-

    Well, this movie was...interesting. I will say, though, that unlike so many other movies, this was had me guessing all the way through. I had no idea where it was going.

    Unfortunately, I didn't like where it ended up. MAJOR SPOILER ALERTS! I like the premise - God shows a new mother how her life will be in six years unless she changes to focus on her family. But the storyline??! Okay, so if I understand this correctly, what you think happened to her down the road never happened - it was all a dream (or rather, God's message to her in a dream) right after she gave birth. That I can live with. But in this dream: she gets in a car accident (on purpose in a car driven by an angel), goes into a 6-year coma, awakens to find among other things a neighbor hitting on her husband, realizes at the very end she needs to put her family first, gets in another car accident (again, on purpose and driven by that same angel), and then awakens from her dream. Umm, somehow I think God would get his message across in a much better way (or even in a much better dream)!

    And this angel (who looks nothing like any angel I would picture) - if you think about it, there was really no need to have an angel involved in this dream/movie. Also, if it was all a dream, how does that angel show up the last scene?! And wouldn't you think that an angel who is in the movie's title would be a major character and have more than 10-15 minutes of screen time?

    Okay, I know we need to stretch credibility a bit for these kind of movies. But this one stretches way too much for me. A one-timer at the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark 25, Janis Caswell is awoken 7 years in coma - she driven by Angel named Gabe in car accident. She has 6-7 years old Daughter named Sam.

      So, Janis gets in taxi is driven an Angel named GABE, she gets in accident to go back where she belongs, she’s awoken in coma & she’s with her Husband; David. she’s holds her infant Daughter.

      6 years later, Janis, David, Sam, infant Son are taken picture by the guy with camera.

      An Angel; Gabe is with Goliath the dog

      Delete
    2. Mark 25, Thank you for this review! You shared exactly what I was feeling as I watched this.

      I remember you mentioned before that you prefer a movie where the characters are likeable, or as least the lead character, and I couldn't help from thinking about that as I watched this. As much as I like Jillian Murray, her character in the first 30min. or so wasn't likable at all. Anyway, I'll write a separate review, but I just had to say that.

      Again, thank you for reviewing this! You made such excellent points.

      I posted your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/07/great-american-family-august-summer-movies-schedule-2023.html

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  11. A Safari Romance was family friendly. I can't, however, say that I especially liked it. Seeing the animals was fun, but I don't know, I was kind of bored. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe because we've had a safari themed movie already? At least it was clean, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looked more like a travel add for the location.

      Delete
    2. melnewlife, Thank you for this review. It's sounding like everyone who has reviewed this, so far, has had that same feeling about this one. Good to know it is wholesome, though.

      I shared your review here...
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/06/hallmark-announces-august-2023-movie.html

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  12. An Unlikely Angel was exactly what I needed to watch this weekend. What a beautiful lesson in the love of our Father! Prayer changes everything. This movie gave me a spiritual boost. Thank you GAF!

    ReplyDelete

  13. This was a really special episode! Sorry, this is gonna be long. So much happened!!

    All the ladies planning that thoughtful surprise for Rosemary was so touching. Elizabeth knew Rosemary was concerned and got everybody at the baby shower to help lift her up and to know she's not alone. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a town like that, with so much love for each other.

    Lee's gift to Rosemary was sweet. Those two are my favorite couple!

    Poor Nathan, he often has trouble with words around Faith. I am really liking them together. He went all that way to only find a squirrel...so funny, and Faith handled it well. (They almost remind me of how Jack and Elizabeth, without the arguing.)

    I thought it was very thoughtful what Lucas did for Henry, and later spoke to Henry with respect.

    That cake looked yummy!!! Minus the Lavender. ;) His teasing Elizabeth had me laughing! Five tiers and gold leaves...

    And lastly, what did you think of the new lady in town?? The way she was dressed reminded me of the classic Nancy Drew books. A very 1920's look. What do you think the threat is???

    Speaking of 1920's... You don't think they would have flapper dressed women do you?? It was the time. Hopefully Hope Valley is behind on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thoroughly enjoyed WCTH last night too. Starting at 9pm makes it kind of late, but at least it’s something the whole family can watch together.

      That new woman is interesting, but I think she’s trouble.

      Delete
  14. A SAFARI ROMANCE (family friendly)

    First of all, the backdrop of the movie was beyond beautiful (of course), and the message of conservation and all the wonderful African culture purposely  showcased was great.  The writing was not so great though. My first impression of the movie was a bit flat. I kept hoping it would get better. The chemistry between Andrew Walker and Brittany was just... meh. I liked them both individually, but together, I'm not sure. The conflict with Tim's friend-turned-boss showing up in the resort all of a sudden felt a bit awkward to me. She was really really annoying and obnoxious, and honestly made me want to turn off the TV altogether. I did finish it and fast-forwarded some. The romance was quite cheesy and predictable, nothing special to it. The only good thing about it to me was Andrew Walker. And the setting/backdrop with all the safari animals. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. As far as sequels go, I thought "Big Sky River: The Bridal Path" was excellent and I really enjoyed it. There were several interesting subplots to complement the emotional exchanges between the two leads trying to blend their families and plan their wedding. I did not find the 30-second scene with two men meeting with Tara (a teacher) offensive because given the context of the story and taking place in a small town in Montana, the two could just as easily have been brothers or friends, and not a same-sex couple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so loving WCTH this season! It just gets better each week!!

    I see some good and some not so good reviews of A Safari Romance. It is family friendly with beautiful scenery and love seeing all the animals but the story is a little slow. Nothing fantastic about it. The leads did their parts good with what they had to work with. It's worth watching to see the scenery and the animals at last once.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Review: A Safari Romance -
    Family-friendly? Yes -
    Keeper? Nah -

    If you want to watch a movie that has some gorgeous scenes of a safari, with close-ups of various animals and beautiful landscapes, then this one is for you. Otherwise, skip it. The plot is very cookie-cutter (one person is going back home in a little while - what will happen to their romance?) with nothing original. I have always enjoyed the two leads, but they have been in much better movies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn’t record Big Sky River: The Bridal Path, I’m not so sure about this movie since I hadn’t watched Big Sky River neither

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the film “An Unlikely Angel”, which aired on GAF, is a wonderful story that kept me engaged from start to finish. Jillian Murray was amazing in portraying a woman who is confused, over-worked, and with upside-down priorities. Throughout the time she spends after waking up from a 6-year coma, the viewer senses something is awry regarding her relationships with her daughter and husband, but we’re left to imagine how it’s going to work out. I really liked the quirky nature of the angel, her coworkers, and neighbor; but the moral of the story really hit home for me. God gave her a glimpse of where her life was going, and her faith in Him allowed her to chose the better path.

    ReplyDelete
  20. An Unlikely Angel

    Life isn’t about titles, accolades, & breaking the glass ceiling as we’ve been taught. Life is about family, relationships, love, and becoming more like Christ, and this family-friendly film will hit Pure Flix on August 26th. I for one, cannot wait to watch it. We hope this video piques your interest too!

    2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net