Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Great American Family reveals their "Great American Autumn" 2023 Fall Movie Lineup 🍁 SEE HERE:



Get ready to fall in love this Autumn on Great American Family with your favorite stars: Trevor Donovan, Jessica Lowndes, Danica McKellar, David Hayden-Jones, Corey Sevier, Merritt Patterson, and more!

Check out all of the movie details below. You'll want to be sure to note new movie titles for some of the movies, too!



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁








Love Can Surprise You

Also known as: 10 Truths About Love

Starring: Camilla Belle and David Lafontaine

Premieres: Saturday, September 9, 2023

Storyline: Hannah, a thriving romance columnist, thinks she’s got life and love figured out… until her longtime boyfriend unexpectedly breaks up with her. At the same time, Hannah’s editor hires a new writer, Liam, to work with her and give the column a male perspective. The two clash over their approach and sparks fly. To prove himself, Liam offers to help Hannah get her ex-boyfriend back. But, in the process of proving each other wrong, they begin to realize they may be right for each other.

Movie Review:

🍁 Love Can Surprise You – This movie surprised me by being even more entertaining than I thought it would be. The banter between the leads was fun to watch, and I especially loved the scene where they met and he used her office mug by mistake. It was cute how they brought that mug scene back again later in the movie. The chemistry between the leads was good, but my favorite relationship was actually the father and son relationship between Liam (David Lafontaine) and his Dad, Milton (played by one of my faves – Neil Crone, from When Hope Calls). They worked together in the father’s garden, and it was sweet to see the dad giving his son advice about love. Overall, it was an enjoyable movie, not a 10, but still a delightful watch. Maybe it will surprise you, too! ~Net



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁




Joshua Sasse, director Jo-Anne Brechin and Merritt Patterson.
Photo by Vince Valitutti.

One Perfect Match

Previous title: Haven't Met Yet

Starring: Merritt Patterson and Joshua Sasse

Premieres: Saturday, September 16, 2023

Storyline: A professional matchmaker must choose between her job and her heart when she falls for a client.

Movie Reviews:

One Perfect Match was fantastic! Loved this movie! Great premise, great acting and great chemistry! And a perfect ending! Jennifer R

❤ One Perfect Match is the only movie I watched this weekend. I loved it! The chemistry between Merritt Patterson and Joshua Sasse was amazing. I don't recall seeing Joshua in another movie. It was a sweet story with no stress. It has all the good feels I enjoy. This movie will stay on my DVR. ~kitkat

❤ GAF's "One Perfect Match" is a family-friendly story about a professional matchmaker, Lucy, (Merritt Patterson) who falls for one of her clients, Finn (Joshua Sasse). Their mutual attraction is dampened by Lucy's policy of not dating one of her clients, and Finn's desire to support Lucy's efforts to find him his perfect match. The story drags a little, but Merritt Patterson's performance was outstanding as usual. ~MPT

❤ One Pefect Match was the best movie of not only the night but the weekend. The chemistry between Merritt and Joshua was off the charts.The story was the best Ansley Gordon has another hit. Loved song in the beginning and the at the end. GAC movies are getting better and better. ~Anonymous

❤ One Perfect Match was so sweet! -Maria

❤ Review: One Perfect Match -
Family-friendly? Yes -
Keeper? No
It wasn't hard to figure out exactly where this movie was going after the first meeting between the two leads. And the story was draaaaged out - it could easily have been told in half the time! I mean, how many times did Merritt's character wonder what to do or say something like, "I can't tell him - it's not ethical"?! And how many times did Joshua's character stumble over his words in trying to tell Merritt's character how he feels?! (And maybe it was just this role, but Joshua is not exactly the most dynamic actor.) I love Merritt, but this is one of her weaker movies. (I'm thinking (hoping) "Twas the Text Before Christmas" will be better.) So, way too predictable and too stretched-out for me to recommend it. ~Mark 25


❤ I LOVED One Perfect Match! Was it predictable and the plot has been done many times before, yes, but they did it better than most. Merritt and Joshua's chemistry was off the charts in my opinion and the entire cast rounded out well. I'm not a fan of matchmaking/online dating plots (the real world is not like that and it can be dangerous), so I came into the movie thinking this will probably not go over well with me, but sure enough, it was GOOD. I was smiling during most of the movie and it kept my attention throughout, which is a good thing. :-) ~ Debbie


❤ Hello to all of my friends here! I haven't seen "Come Fly with Me" yet but based on the stellar reviews, it sounds like I will be in for a treat. :-) However, my husband and I did watch "One Perfect Match". Yes, it was a storyline that has been done many times before but there was something about that movie that was magic. Merritt and Joshua were utterly delightful! They has sweet believable chemistry. They both have such beautiful smiles and the camera loves them! Plus, every single supporting actor/actress added so much to the storyline. Everyone was likeable and I had a smile on my face the entire movie. And, to top it all off, there was some nice scenery. All in all, a winner in my book. Definite keeper! One of my favorites so far this year. ~Joan


❤ One Perfect Match – This is a delightful romantic-comedy starring Merritt Patterson as Lucy Marks, a highly sought after Matchmaker who, to her dismay, falls in love with her newest client, Finn Grayson, played by the handsome, Joshua Sasse. Lucy is determined not to cross the ethical line between work and love, which becomes harder and harder to do as she gets to know Finn even more. I liked this movie the first time I watched it, but after a second watch while busy one late afternoon – and the TV happened to be on this in the background, I was drawn instantly in and enjoyed the story even more on the second watch. I love how the intro of the movie led with Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” song. The quality of this movie and the acting is top-notch quality. If you haven’t met or rather watched this family-friendly movie, yet, I absolutely recommend it! ~Net


🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁





Craft Me A Romance

Starring: Jodie Sweetin and Brent Bailey

Premieres: Saturday, September 23, 2023

Storyline: Nicole Borden (Sweetin), the owner of a quaint arts and crafts store called The Crafty Companion, is faced with an ultimatum when the owner of Mitchell’s Art and Craft Supplies (Bailey) tells her she must either sell her store or be forced out of business.

Movie Reviews:

🍁 Craft me a Romance was so sweet! Plus, the 1st new Christmas movie to air on Oct 21 will be: Destined 2: Christmas Once Again! -Maria

🍁 I watched Craft Me A Romance. It was ok, but not something I would watch again. The acting was so flat to me.. Misty

🍁 Craft Me a Romance – This movie definitely gives off that cozy Fall feeling; it’s lighthearted and easygoing, a simple feel-good movie. It’s easy to see the attraction develop between the leads, Nicole and Matthew, but I was a bit surprised to see how quickly he was thinking of marriage, when they had only been on a few dates. It was nice to see some crafting in the movie, but I thought there would be a lot more. Overall, Craft Me a Romance is family-friendly and an enjoyable one-time watch, at least. ~Net



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁





A Harvest Homecoming

Previous title: Apples, Orchards, and Romance

Starring: Jessica Lowndes and Trevor Donovan

Premieres: Saturday, September 30, 2023

Storyline: In A Harvest Homecoming teacher Drew Granger (Donovan) accepts a temporary substitute job in his old hometown of Chestnut Hollow, Texas, where he meets Aiden, the proverbial new kid at school, desperate for a caring friend. While he would rather have taken a job anywhere else, Drew reconsiders Chestnut Hollow when he meets Lainie Abbott (Lowndes), the new manager of his parents' massive apple orchard and cider mill business, and more importantly, Aiden's mom.

Movie Reviews:

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming gets a perfect 5 stars from me! –Maria

🍁 I did watch "A Harvest Homecoming" all the way through. It was enjoyable but it will be a one-time watch for me. The music was lovely and I liked Trevor and Jessica together but I felt all of the fall decorations were over-the-top. It was too much. Finally, I got excited seeing a commercial for the upcoming Great American Family Christmas movie season. I can't believe it is only a few weeks away. Several of the holiday movies intrigue me. :-) ~Joan

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming - While the movie was lovely and the message was good, Trevor Donavan and Jessica Lowndes didn't seem to have the greatest chemistry. He was more invested in his son than her, which is good that he cared, but a little awkward. And while I loved the fall theme, the decorations were over the top. What 12 year old has fall decorations in their bedroom? The amount of fake leaves handing all over was a bit much. I have to say my favorite actor in the movie was Sarah Fisher. I hope to see more of her in the future! ~Jennifer R

🍁 GAF’s “A Harvest Homecoming” is family-friendly and a heartwarming film featuring a wonderful cast and over-the-top fall decorations. The chemistry between Trevor Donovan and Jessica Lowndes is genuine, and I especially liked the faith-based references throughout the story. I only wished Jessica and Trevor sang a duet together! ~MPT

🍁 I watched A Harvest Homecoming this weekend and it was a sweet movie. I loved all of the fall decor of course, the leaves, the amber colors, the pickup truck, the scenery, everything was beautiful. I think I liked the grandpa’s love story just as much as the main characters, he was so funny trying to impress that lady. Also loved the mom and dad, all the supporting characters were great. All in all great movie with a sweet relationship that blossomed. ~Paula
🍁 I absolutely loved "A Harvest Homecoming" it is family friendly and Trevor and Jessica were adorable! I loved the kid who played Jessica's son in the movie. Plenty of chemistry, and of course loved seeing all the fall foliage. I loved the storyline as well. ~Sarah

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming was okay. ~Namegirl

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming was a disaster. There was no chemistry between Trevor and Jessica. The story was missing something but not sure what. Jessica had a smile pasted on her face the entire time. I love both of these actors but they are not good together. As for the decorations, way too much! It was distracting. I love GAF, but this movie missed the mark for me. ~kitkat

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming was a one time watch for me. Chemistry was off between Jessica and Trevor. I like both actors but not together! And the decorations were hideous...way too many! Looked so fake! ~ Joyce in Carolina

🍁 A Harvest Homecoming – This Great American Family movie is family-friendly, faith-filled, and abundant with fall foliage! In fact, there are so many leaves (faux ones) hung about, that you may have to resist the urge to run to your garage to get your rake. Besides the leaves, which are (as others have mentioned) somewhat distracting, the story itself is sweet and heartwarming. I especially loved the Clark family, who not only ate meals together, but prayed together and sought God’s wisdom for their future. Those were beautiful, special spiritual touches to the film. The chemistry between teacher, Drew Clark (Trevor Donovan), and the mother of one of his students, Lainie (Jessica Lowndes), was a slow burn, but sweet enough for this family-friendly romantic comedy. It was nice to hear Trevor sing, but I wish Jessica, who also has a lovely voice, could’ve joined him. Overall, this is a lighthearted fall movie that I know I’ll enjoy watching again during the Autumn season. ~Net


🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁






Swing Into Romance

Starring: Danica McKellar, David Hayden-Jones and Gleb Savchenko

Premieres: Saturday, October 7, 2023

Storyline: When former dancer Christine Sims (McKellar) temporarily returns to her hometown in time for the town's fall festival, she discovers her family's general store is in trouble. In her efforts to save the business, Christine will need to dust off those dancing shoes one more time, face her ex-fiancΔ— and maybe find love in the process (Hayden-Jones).

Movie Reviews:

🍁 My mini review of Swing Into Romance. Family friendly, funny and fun! The dance scenes were great & David did a great job. The daughter was adorable & I liked how they were working together from the start & not on opposite sides. ~Misty

🍁 So far, the only movie I have watched was 'Swing into Romance'. I liked the movie but I didn't love it as much as I had hoped. David and Danica had great chemistry and the dancing was phenomenal, but for some reason, overall the movie left me feeling empty. I can't put my finger on it but something was missing. ~Joan

🍁 I watched Swing Into Romance tonight and all I can say is “The leaves are back!” I’m sure everyone who hated all the leaves hung from everything in A Harvest Homecoming will just get a kick out of these πŸ˜‚ looks like they recycled all those leaves for this movie….I was giggling throughout the movie as I saw them from scene to scene at the general store, the kitchen, his office, the dance practice, the bar, all throughout the town….Aside from the decor I thought the chemistry between Danica and David was nice and the daughter was cute. I’m not really into dancing movies so probably a one time watch for me. ~Paula

🍁 Swing into Romance is absolutely FANTASTIC! 😁 Absolutely highly recommend it! -Maria

🍁 Swing Into Romance was just okay for me. To be honest, I didn't like her co-star so this colors my opinion. Danica was fabulous and had more chemistry with Gleb than with David. I do think David was good with his dancing. Danica was better with Victor Webster on Matchmaker Mysteries than anyone else I have seen. ~kitkat

🍁 "Swing into Romance" was such a sweet and enjoyable movie. Leading actors were just great together and the girl playing a daughter was so adorable. I'm usually not into dance movies, but this one I liked very much. ~Oksanka~

🍁 I watched Swing into Romance too, it was pretty good. I didn't save it, but i love the fall feels and love Danica and DHJ together again. Only thing, it seemed hard to see DHJ character hurt, and it bothered me that he kept asking over and over if she wanted her old partner to dance instead. I get wanting to be sure she wins, but it was too much and made him look weak in my opinion. ~Sabrina

🍁 Swing into Romance – I just loved, loved, loved this lighthearted Fall movie from Great American Family! It was wonderful to see Danica McKellar and David Hadyn-Jones together in this. The script was phenomenal, and the way Danica and David brought these characters to life – was really something special! Spectacular!

I think I smiled the entire movie while watching. David, in particular, surprised me, by being so funny; several lines he delivered were mildly funny, but the way he said them, literally had me bursting with laughter.

And the little girl who played David’s daughter, I already adored her from When Hope Calls and A Merry Christmas Wish, but once again, she also shined in this! What a wonderful talent she is! She brought such a joyful sweet spirit to the movie; I loved watching the sweet back and forth bond between father and daughter.

Plus, Danica’s parents were wonderful, as well; several of their scenes together truly warmed my heart. I especially loved the moment when he grabbed her hand and they danced together in the middle of their store where they first met, not knowing if they would be able to keep it, but just glad they had each other. It was truly beautiful!

I can’t leave out in this review how fantastic Danica’s dancing was! She and David were an absolute joy to watch, but when she danced with Alex (played by Dancing with the Stars professional dancer, Gleb Savchenko), all I can say is WOW!!! Those two lit up the dance floor! And even though she and Gleb were awesome, the connection Danica and David had was even more beautiful to watch.

I wasn’t sure how Gleb would do with acting, since he’s a dancer and all, but he played Alex so naturally. He was truly great! I loved the way he and David were competitive with one another. It was really cute.

Swing into Romance is an absolute keeper for me! I loved it all! It truly got me in the spirit for Fall and dancing!

For me, Swing into Romance was the best Autumn movie premiere across all of the networks, and I look forward to watching it over and over again! ~Net


🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁



So many of the new Great American Family Autumn movies look great to me, including: A Harvest Homecoming, One Perfect Match, Swing into Romance, and Mystery By the Book! I'm still getting used to some of the new movie titles.

I was surprised to see that Jodie Sweetin would also be starring in one of the Fall movies. That is certainly interesting; I'm rather curious to know more about that. Based on the movie's poster, it looks like the perfect fall-themed movie with turning leaves, apples, and pumpkins.

Please share which of these movies you are looking forward to seeing this Autumn on Great American Family in the comments below!


Happy movie-watching!
Net


42 comments:

  1. Lovely looking lineup! I had a feeling some of those previous titles were probably just working titles.

    Like most on here, I was also quite surprised to see who the female lead in Craft me a Romance is. Now I'm wondering if it's just an older movie, because I really don't see Jodie ever deciding to do a movie for GAF, not after her actions these past few years anyway.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, My guess is - this was purchased after filming from the production company. Often times the actors have no idea where their movies will end up.

      Craft Me a Romance was filmed in April of 2022. Hope it's as cute as the poster. :) ~Net

      Delete
    2. that's exactly it. most movies on GAF are acquired and the actors have no say in which streamers or linear tv networks choose to air them.

      Delete
    3. If Sweeten is in it, definitely won’t be watched.

      Delete
    4. Just saw an article from Fox News. Sweetie says she is disappointed that the film was sold to GA network.

      Delete
    5. I read an article in which Jodi Sweeten stated she was upset when she found out her movie would be aired on GAF. "Jodie Sweetin wants the record to reflect that she is not happy her new film Craft Me A Romance has found a home at the ‘traditional‘ Great American Family channel." "I am disappointed, but in keeping with my mission of supporting the LGBTQ+ family, any potential or future money made from this sale will be donated to LGBTQ+ organizations.” I won't be watching this movie. IMO GAF should investigate the political leanings of the stars of movies that they choose to air.

      Delete
    6. JoCo and DeborahC, I saw that article too. It is very disappointing, but not surprising. I wondered if Jodie would have something to say about her movie airing on GAF, but thought she might not be allowed to speak on it due to the actor's strike. I guess this sort of statement is fine by Hollywood's standards.

      Delete
  2. I wonder about 10 Steps to Love & Sister Dating Swap on GAFAM

    They’re part of Autumn Harvest movies for Great American Autumn on GAFAM

    They’re part of Weeknight Night movies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m guessing Jodie’s movie is a case of she didn’t know it would be on GAFAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallmark isn’t doing Fall Harvest Movies anymore - Only Fall into Love

      Delete
  4. I know it's not a real mystery, but it's a step in the right direction. Looking good, maybe one day we'll have some good series the way we used to!!

    Kinda surprised to see Jodie Sweetin here at GAF. Especially since she's really liberal. But, I still enjoy her films. She's a good actress. She'll always be Stephanie to me.(How Rude!) I couldn't resist that quote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I feel the same way! She's always Stephanie to me, too! Love how you included her adorable quote from "Full House." :) ~Net

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to ALL of these! lol....I too am surprised that Jodi Sweetin will be in a GAF movie. But I think these all look great! Really looking forward to all that GAF is bringing out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised to see Jodie Sweetin too. She posted on Instagram that she was excited to be filming this movie on April 7, 2022. I looked into the movie on IMDB and saw that it has no release date at all. Now the production company Fade To Black is very interesting they have had movies on Lifetime before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to all the new fall movies on GAF. I think it was smart of GAF to move up the release dates of the two big heavy hitters, Swing into Romance and A Harvest Homecoming. Does anyone know why GAF keeps changing the titles of movies after they have already advertised them with a different title? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blessedgigi23, that is such a good question regarding title changes. Not sure of the reason either. There are probably different reasons for each movie.

      Delete
  8. Net, I found out 10 Steps to Love will gonna start airing on on August 28, 2023 on GAFAM


    10 Steps to Love
    Premieres Monday, August 28 at 8/7c
    Sophie Michaels (Ella Cannon) has had great success by using her 10 step plans, but when she decides to use a 10 step approach to find love, she will discover that you can’t make a list when it comes to the heart.

    Starring Ella Cannon & Britton Webb

    ReplyDelete
  9. They changed the movie title from Summertime Soulmates to Stepping into Love will premiere on August 19, 2023

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to hear this; I liked the original title better anyway.

      Delete
  10. No surprise here: Jodie just commented on how 'disappointed' she is that Craft me a Romance will air on GAF, and how any money she gets from the movie will go to any person that supports the alphabet mafia.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also read an article on Sweetin and her objection to GAF purchasing the movie she is in. Will chose to not watch.
      That being said- the other movies sound wonderful and hope to catch them all.
      Take care.
      -Gabe Mom

      Delete
  11. Some other news that probably wasn't noticed by anyone: Lifetime's head of programming just left after 3 years. Whether or not it'll impact how many Christmas movies they air this year remains to be said, but her replacement is someone who has worked in the reality section. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently Lifetime's ratings have been falling dramatically and there is a rumour that they might cut back on their Christmas output this year - which actually might not be such a bad thing - Florence

      Delete
  12. I just read that Jodie Sweetin was "very surprised" and "disappointed" that GAF bought this movie. To me, the bigger surprise and question is, why did Bill Abbott even buy this movie, know Jodie's stance and her feelings toward Candace?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark 25, I read that, too. So sad. I had hoped there might have been some sort of private reconciliation between Candace and Jodie, and that's why the movie was purchased, but apparently, that's not the case here.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm - it's a difficult one.

      Quite often actors don't know which channel will pick up any movie they might film.

      However I would hope to judge any movie on its own merits.

      In the circumstances I was not happy with A Christmas Inn but don't blame Ms Sweetin for it - she was just doing her job.

      I blame TPTB for even considering making it and it was disgraceful that Hallmark chose to air it. - Florence

      Delete
    3. Her movie as made over a year ago. In that time if Hallmark or Lifetime wanted the movie they would have aired it so obviously neither one wanted her movie. Instead of her being grateful that a network is airing it she comes out with her ridiculous statement. We never heard a peek out of her when both Full House and Fuller House were on Great American Family. All of us need to boycott.

      Delete
  13. I am looking forward to all the same movies you mentioned Net! I am so ready for fall, here where we live in CA it’s been triple digits for so long I am looking forward to cooler days and comfy leggings and sweaters.

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, Oh, my! Triple Digits! Yikes! The Fall will be a welcome change for you for certain. It's been pretty intense heat for us, too, in the Midwest, but not triple digits. I sure hope cooler days come your way soon. :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. When you go to Great American Family website and scroll down the page. Craft Me a Romance is no longer listed. There is a movie on September 9 Love Can Surprise You, and then on September 23 Haven’t Met Yet is listed. But nothing for September 19. Perhaps the movie was pulled because Jodie was ranting about it airing on GAF.

      Delete
    3. Bebe, I think it just wasn't updated at that point since it's on their website now.

      Delete
  14. This is a great lineup except for on movie. As much as I support Great American Family I can not watch Craft Me a Romance. Especially since Jodie Sweetin expressed are hatred towards this channel when she discovered that they are showing her movie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Weeknight Movies on GAFAM

    I wonder what’s new movies every Mondays

    New Movies every Mondays

    September 4, 11, 18, 25
    October 2, 9, 16

    Just before GAC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Net, so there are no new Monday night movies on GAC during September and October? - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, So far, there aren't any new Monday movies listed then, but I'm keeping a look out in case they decide to add them to the schedule. ~Net

      Delete
  17. Anything with Jodie Sweetin is a big no.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Movie Reviews of Great American Family Fall movies...

    Craft Me a Romance – This movie definitely gives off that cozy Fall feeling; it’s lighthearted and easygoing, a simple feel-good movie. It’s easy to see the attraction develop between the leads, Nicole and Matthew, but I was a bit surprised to see how quickly he was thinking of marriage, when they had only been on a few dates. It was nice to see some crafting in the movie, but I thought there would be a lot more. Overall, Craft Me a Romance is family-friendly and an enjoyable one-time watch, at least. ~Net

    Love Can Surprise You – This movie surprised me by being even more entertaining than I thought it would be. The banter between the leads was fun to watch, and I especially loved the scene where they met and he used her office mug by mistake. It was cute how they brought that mug scene back again later in the movie. The chemistry between the leads was good, but my favorite relationship was actually the father and son relationship between Liam (David Lafontaine) and his Dad, Milton (played by one of my faves – Neil Crone, from When Hope Calls). They worked together in the father’s garden, and it was sweet to see the dad giving his son advice about love. Overall, it was an enjoyable movie, not a 10, but still a delightful watch. Maybe it will surprise you, too! ~Net


    One Perfect Match – This is a delightful romantic-comedy starring Merritt Patterson as Lucy Marks, a highly sought after Matchmaker who, to her dismay, falls in love with her newest client, Finn Grayson, played by the handsome, Joshua Sasse. Lucy is determined not to cross the ethical line between work and love, which becomes harder and harder to do as she gets to know Finn even more. I liked this movie the first time I watched it, but after a second watch while busy one late afternoon – and the TV happened to be on this in the background, I was drawn instantly in and enjoyed the story even more on the second watch. I love how the intro of the movie led with Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” song. The quality of this movie and the acting is top-notch quality. If you haven’t met or rather watched this family-friendly movie, yet, I absolutely recommend it! ~Net

    A Harvest Homecoming – This Great American Family movie is family-friendly, faith-filled, and abundant with fall foliage! In fact, there are so many leaves (faux ones) hung about, that you may have to resist the urge to run to your garage to get your rake. Besides the leaves, which are (as others have mentioned) somewhat distracting, the story itself is sweet and heartwarming. I especially loved the Clark family, who not only ate meals together, but prayed together and sought God’s wisdom for their future. Those were beautiful, special spiritual touches to the film. The chemistry between teacher, Drew Clark (Trevor Donovan), and the mother of one of his students, Lainie (Jessica Lowndes), was a slow burn, but sweet enough for this family-friendly romantic comedy. It was nice to hear Trevor sing, but I wish Jessica, who also has a lovely voice, could’ve joined him. Overall, this is a lighthearted movie that I know I’ll enjoy watching again during the Autumn season. ~Net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Swing into Romance – I just loved, loved, loved this lighthearted Fall movie from Great American Family!

    It was wonderful to see Danica McKellar and David Hadyn-Jones together in this. The script was phenomenal, and the way Danica and David brought these characters to life – was really something special! Spectacular!

    I think I smiled the entire movie while watching. David, in particular, surprised me, by being so funny; several lines he delivered were mildly funny, but the way he said them, literally had me bursting with laughter.

    And the little girl who played David’s daughter, I already adored her from When Hope Calls and A Merry Christmas Wish, but once again, she also shined in this! What a wonderful talent she is! She brought such a joyful sweet spirit to the movie; I loved watching the sweet back and forth bond between father and daughter.

    Plus, Danica’s parents were wonderful, as well; several of their scenes together truly warmed my heart. I especially loved the moment when he grabbed her hand and they danced together in the middle of their store where they first met, not knowing if they would be able to keep it, but just glad they had each other. It was truly beautiful!

    I can’t leave out in this review how fantastic Danica’s dancing was! She and David were an absolute joy to watch, but when she danced with Alex (played by Dancing with the Stars professional dancer, Gleb Savchenko), all I can say is WOW!!! Those two lit up the dance floor! And even though she and Gleb were awesome, the connection Danica and David had was even more beautiful to watch.

    I wasn’t sure how Gleb would do with acting, since he’s a dancer and all, but he played Alex so naturally. He was truly great! I loved the way he and David were competitive with one another. It was really cute.

    Swing into Romance is an absolute keeper for me! I loved it all! It truly got me in the spirit for Fall and dancing!

    For me, Swing into Romance was the best Autumn movie premiere across all of the networks, and I look forward to watching it over and over again! ~Net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Can Surprise You (aka 10 Truths About Love). A little bland, but, overall, this was a sweet little movie to enjoy and then delete. Family friendly. ~~Jane

    One Perfect Match. Very cute movie. Borderline keeper for me. Family friendly. ~~Jane

    A Harvest Homecoming. All the fake leaves!!! Ugh! Please, GAF, stop copying Hallmark and all their phony set designs! I’m going to have to agree with KitKat on this one. It was just missing something, including any chemistry between the leads. And why didn’t Jessica sing?!? She’s a much better singer than actor, so just let the beautiful girl sing already! And Trevor’s a cutie patootie but I just wasn’t buying anything this movie was selling. Except… I did appreciate the nod to faith and family. I suppose this was cute enough for a one-time watch to get the Autumn “feels”, but it won’t be on my re-watch list. ~~Jane

    Swing Into Romance. Oh, blech, the leaves are back!! And Danica is going to singlehandedly ramrod the saving of another failing business! Oh, yippee!, I guess she had so much success with the drive-in that it’s only natural to move on to defunct and dusty old country general stores. Meh. I’m sure lots of others will love this movie, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea. I love movies with dancing or singing and this one had its good moments but, for the most part, to me, it just felt kinda hokey and blah. The lead actor was not all that swoon-worthy but he grew on me as the movie progressed and I came to really appreciate his lack of cookie-cutter swooniness (😊) and his love for his daughter. I’m not always a huge fan of Danica’s movies but I will agree with KitKat that I enjoyed her in the Matchmaker Mysteries and felt she perhaps had her best chemistry with Viktor Webster. This movie was family friendly and it was cute enough for a one-time watch, but will not be on my re-watch list. ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wonder if they will end up airing mystery by the book at a later date

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net