![]() |
| Movie images: Great American Media / Hallmark Media Edit: It's a Wonderful Movie ( click here to enlarge image ) |
Happy Christmas Movie Weekend, Friends!!!✨π
I'm ecstatic that this is our very first weekend of the holiday season with a NEW Christmas movie premiere and classics airing 24/7!
Great American Family jumps right into the Christmas movie season with a new movie, A Second Chance Christmas, starring Candace Cameron Bure and Jonathan Scarfe! Will these exes find love again while being stranded together in a snowstorm?
And Hallmark Channel's last Fall into Love movie premiere, The Spirit of Halloween, starring Meghan Ory and Kevin McGarry, has the legendary A Christmas Carol story woven into it. I'm not typically one to watch a Halloween movie, but since this film follows the familiar Ebenezer Scrooge Christmas story we all know so well, I'm willing to give it a try. I'm just hoping it doesn't get overly spooky or dark.
See all of the details for the NEW MOVIES and MORE below...
Friday, October 9, 2026:

Beginning Friday, October 9th, watch classic Christmas movies 24/7 on Great American Family!
Movies included in the lineup: Twas the Text Before Christmas, A Cinderella Christmas Ball, Let it Snow, A Little Women's Christmas, Destined at Christmas, A Christmas Prayer, and more!


Click here to see the new Great American Family Christmas movies premiering throughout the holiday season!
Friday, October 9, 2026:
Hallmark Channel Friday Night:
Winter Castle ... 4pm
My Grown-Up Christmas List ... 6pm
Checkin' it Twice ... 8pm
Saturday, October 10, 2026:

Storyline: After five years, divorced parents Anna and James reunite with their adult children for Christmas, only to find an unexpected ice storm may give their love story a second chance.
Saturday, October 10, 2026:

Storyline: Brilliant bridal designer Everly Stone (Ory) has no patience for Halloween, especially the beloved fire-station bash that once left her heartbroken in front of everyone she knew. But when her late mentor appears with a glamorous warning, Everly Stone is swept through one unforgettable night by three mischievous spirits who reveal the joy she lost, the people she’s pushing away, and the future she might miss if she keeps hiding behind work and fear. With a loyal assistant ready for more, a town waiting to welcome her back, and longtime friend Beau Madison (McGarry) still carrying a spark from their past, Everly Stone must decide whether Halloween is the night that broke her heart or the one that can finally help it heal.
Saturday, October 10, 2026:

Saturday:
Pumpkin Pie Wars ... 10am
Love Struck Cafe ... 12pm
Sweet Autumn ... 2pm
A Harvest Wedding ... 4pm
Haul Out the Halloween ... 6pm
The Spirit of Halloween ... 8pm *NEW
Pumpkin Regatta Romance ... 10pm
Sunday:
Fourth Down and Love ... 10am
Under the Autumn Moon ... 2pm
Harvest Moon ... 4pm
The Spirit of Halloween ... 6pm *ENCORE
A Knight to Remember ... 10pm
I hope you all have the most wonderful weekend as we soak up these first little joys of the Christmas movie season! π✨
I’m especially excited for Candace’s brand-new Christmas premiere and, of course, curling up with some of my favorite holiday classics along the way. There’s just something so special about this time of year when the Christmas movies begin again!!!!
One little viewing note: Since The Spirit of Halloween follows the familiar A Christmas Carol storyline, there may be a few moments that could feel a little spooky or intense for younger viewers. We all know the standard Scrooge story... so the movie will have the Ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future, and I must say - nearly all of those older Scrooge movies when I was little always scared me with the creepy ghost of Christmas future - and even now, they still creep me out a little. (IYKYK!!!) I haven’t seen the new Hallmark movie yet, so I can’t say for certain how scary or dark it may be; however, if you’re watching with little ones, please use your own discretion or you may want to preview it first.
I'm currently watching the Great American Family Christmas movies as I finish writing this post this morning, and it's so beautiful to once again see so many movies I love, plus the commercials in between highlighting the Great American Family Christmas movies with the Christmas carols: Joy to the World and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing! What a blessing it is - to celebrate this upcoming Christmas season with you all and the True Joy of Christmas!











Also wanted to add - that I’m praying for all of our friends down south in the path of Hurricane Isaias. Please be safe, everyone. ππ»
ReplyDeletePraying, too. Christie
DeleteDitto, Net!
DeleteSame here! Praying for safety and that if there are power outages, it will be brief.
DeleteAnyone else have an issue finding A Second Chance Christmas on Amazon Prime? I had to type it out to find it. When I clicked on the picture, it didn't take me directly to the movie.
ReplyDeleteMisty
Misty, I'll have to check that out. Thank you for alerting us to this! :)
DeleteI’m so excited Christmas movies are finally here! I’ve been watching all morning, too, and I can’t wait to see Candace’s new movie! I actually have her movie Let It Snow on right now! Christie
ReplyDeleteChristie, Enjoy! Enjoy! I caught some of Let It Snow this morning, too! I'll be recording lots more throughout today and tonight while I'm out.
DeleteThere’s Kevin McGarry’s weekly movies just before The Spirit of Halloween @ 8pm ET/5pm PT
ReplyDeleteYesterday was Villa Amore
Wednesday was Thinkin’ Twice
Thank you for sharing! It's always fun that Hallmark plays extra movies with whoever is starring in the new movies.
DeleteOh, by gosh, by golly, I’m getting excited!! I’ve got my hot apple cider, my marshmallows for toasting and I’m ready to kick my snowman slippers up and watch some cozy new Christmas movies!!
ReplyDeleteAlso… just wondering if anyone here has tried Philo and what they think of it (or any other good streaming platforms that let you record all of our good movie channels like GAF, UpTv, Hallmark, etc.). I’m considering ditching my annual FrndlyTv premium plan since they’ve recently become so clunky and cumbersome to record and delete. There are lots of problems but here is just one example: If I go to the Guide and choose a movie and click the Record button, it does not give me any special options but simply asks me to Confirm that I am recording that movie. This is fine, it’s the exact same recording set-up they’ve had for years. However, what happens now is that Frndly records EVERY SINGLE SUBSEQUENT airing of that particular movie into the future (there is no option to ONLY record that ONE particular airing). Why would anyone want to record 5-30 copies of the exact same movie?!!?!?? If you go under My Stuff and look in your Scheduled Recordings you will see that it is recording multiple copies of that one movie (and, if that movie re-airs in the weeks and months to come, it will continue to record those airings without you realizing it). There is an option under Scheduled Recordings to cancel subsequent airings of that movie BUT you have to remember to let it record the first airing BEFORE you choose one of those options to cancel ALL the subsequent airings --- so what is the benefit of that option?!!? (And two of those option buttons to cancel essentially do the exact same thing -- it’s as if FrndlyTv hired a clueless middle school preteen to program their new platform!) Imagine how cumbersome and time consuming this will be when you try to preplan a week ahead of time and set your dvr to record more than one movie in a day or week! Imagine trying to record JUST the upcoming NEW 4-8 Christmas movies each weekend and each one of them records many, many, times over!! As an example, I currently have the GAF movie “A Second Chance Christmas” set to record on Saturday night and, yet, FrndlyTv is showing that it is going to record SIX airings of that movie within the next ten days (it will continue to record more than six airings of that particular movie all throughout October, November, and December, but their schedule only indicates the most current ten days!). And here’s another new unwelcome “upgrade” with Frndly: If I go to My Stuff and choose a movie under Just Recorded, there is a trashcan button to delete that recording (this is helpful). However, if I do the exact same thing under Recorded Movies A-Z, there is NO OPTION to delete the exact same movie, there is only an option to record that movie – why would I want to record a movie that I already have recorded?!?! Absolutely ridiculous “improvement” to Frndly!! I have Verizon premium cable but I like to save cable space and, in the past, I had used Frndly premium plan to have lots of recorded movies available to watch whenever I was in the mood (or traveling). I have plenty of space on my cable dvr and I have lots of dvds to watch but I really liked the added convenience/luxury of having FrndlyTv; but it’s now just become too clunky and I’m looking for other options and suggestions. Of course, it’s entirely possible that I’M the clueless one and just completely missing something important!! π€£ Maybe it’s just me and no one else here at IAWM is having issues. Maybe I record too many movies?? Let me know if anyone has ideas or suggestions. ~~Jane
So, here’s a really odd coincidence, FrndlyTv finally sent me a return email just after I posted here on IAWM. Their response is almost as clunky as their platform. But, a portion of their explanation did make a limited amount of sense, but part of it is still not helpful, and I feel like they need to fix some parts of their platform to make their ideas work seamlessly instead of clumsily. As pertains to the multiple recordings of the same movie: essentially, they have taken it upon themselves to decide to record for me every future airing of every movie I’ve ever chosen to record. It’s as if they’re layering the new recordings on top of the old ones, yet, all the old copies of the same movie are still in there (I guess until they expire in 9 months?); which all seems like a waste of cloud space to me(?). In some ways I can see the “idea” behind their plan could be helpful but I feel like they have executed it poorly. Helpful, because let’s say I recorded “Let It Snow” in July and it’s a movie I would like to keep on my dvr. Previously I would have had to go in and delete the July recording and schedule to re-record in, say, December. Frndly has just taken it upon themselves to re-record it for me (every single time it airs!) so that it will always be on my dvr (assuming the movie continues to re-air in the future). It’s helpful, but it’s also clunky and a bit of a pain if I didn’t really want that movie on my dvr forever. It would have been more helpful if they gave me an option button on the front end to choose to record either one airing only, or all subsequent airings; instead, they only give you those options on the back end if you choose to cancel all those recordings. And their explanation for the deleting function is still just wonky. Ugh! Why have I spent so much time with this craziness?? Surely, I must have something better to do with my time?? π€£ For now, I suppose my OCD self will just try to deal with the FrndlyTv mess, but I still want to consider Philo or any other good options. ~~Jane
DeleteJane, We've been thinking of switching up some of our streaming services, too!
DeleteAnd yes.... I just noticed the same issue you mentioned with FrndlyTV recording a movie over & over again. I was recording a few movies this week and noticed A Country Wedding and Love in Bloom were already set to record. In the case of those movies, that was fine, but like you - not everything I record do I want another or endless recordings of!!!! But - I still love the ability to go back in the schedule to record something I've missed. In addition to FrndlyTV, I also have DirecTV streaming, and you can't do that. I dropped my DirecTV satellite last month - so I'm still figuring out some channels that were available there - but not available through streaming. So... that's been an adjustment.
Would love to know about Philo, too, or any other good streaming choices from others!!!!
Anyway... love that you've got out your snowman slippers to watch the Christmas movies! I pulled out my Old Navy Christmas jammies!!!!!πππ
Hi Jane, I was just getting ready to sign back up with Frndly. I haven't had it since January. After reading your reply here I went and chatted with a customer service rep to confirm what you are saying and to see if there is a way around the problem you see. She said this is a new thing since I had it last year. The bad part is as you said, in "scheduled recordings" it will show ALL copies of the movie scheduled to be recorded. I like the idea of it recording all copies and I will explain why in a minute. However, it should just record those future recordings in the background, so you don't have them muddling up the queue. Unfortunately, it does not. She said that they are looking into that so it could change. The good news is that ALL those recordings don't show up in "my recordings" area. Only ONE shows. That would bother me even more if I had to filter through 20 copies of one movie to find the new ones I want to watch. So, that part is good. You will only see one instance of that movie you recorded. Now, if you were to delete that one movie the next in line will show up in that queue. So, beware of that but again only one at a time will show. This is unless you Cancel ALL future recordings and delete all of them which you mentioned. You can do this from multiple places according to the rep. But yes, if you don't want to have all those recordings happen for a movie you will have to Cancel all future recordings after you let it record the first one. Now, the reason why I like that it keeps recording all showings is because for someone like me who may take up to more than 9 months to watch a movie (I just finished watching 2025 new Christmas movies this week) I don't have to worry about the movie expiring like I used to. I remember having to find the LATEST showing of all the new Christmas movies as close to January as possible so that I would get a full 9 months (into September) before it expired. That was annoying. Now, once I record say like this Saturday's new Christmas movie I am done. It will keep recording and maybe even record all year if the movie shows on Friday nights during 2027, so I do love that part. Basically, have a recording all year that will never expire. However, I don't like as you don't to have the "scheduled queue" muddled up with all instances of same movie, but I will have to see how much that annoys me or not lol. I haven't signed up yet but am planning on it. I need that Christmas music channel with the interlude music lol. I know I am a weirdo. I also have cable like you and get Frndly TV for mostly the same reason as you.
DeleteHi again Jane, I see that you replied again after I sent my long reply so the email you received probably answered mostly of what I said. I wanted to let you know that there is a customer service chat option under the Help Center in Frndly TV. They are wonderful and kind reps that you can chat with in real time and bombard them with OCD question after question until they are exhausted lol. Like you I have OCD tendencies and I destroy them with questions but in a kind sweet way of course haha. I MUST know every detail. My OCD would go nuts when Frndly would mis-categorize a Christmas movie like as a documentary for example. That would drive me NUTS! Because a whole EXTRA line would show up in My Stuff just because of that one mis-categorized movie. I even contacted them multiple times to fix the meta setting so it would be categorized correctly and that line would go away aaaahhhhh I can let it go now but NOOOO the next weekend rolls around and it does it AGAIN lol. I do love Frndly TV though. It just gives me this good feeling. Hard to explain. Oh, and Net, I love the 72 hour look back feature. That feature alone makes the $15 a month worth it. Going back in time for mistakes made or forgotten things or someone will say, hey did you see that movie, and I can go back 3 days to record it.
DeleteJane, Philo is about the closest to Frndly TV that you will find in the price range that is. It is about $10 more a month. I had it a few years ago and it was good overall, but I went back to Frndly TV. Something about Frndly TV made me feel better. I remember there being some recording issues with Philo, but it was quite a while ago, so I don't remember exactly what they were. Just same annoying type stuff that you will find with Frndly TV if you have OCD tendencies. Philo will give you a bunch of other channels that Frndly TV doesn't have. I didn't need all those channels as I always had a regular cable or full TV streaming app of some sort though, so it felt like I was paying more for what I didn't need. Frndly filled the holes of what my Streaming app didn't have.
Deletei watched A Second Chance Christmas last night on Pure Flix with Candance and Jonathan. They were great together and I had my reservations about this pairing. As the title says, it's about second chances in love and more importunely the chances God gives us by just simply asking and truly meaning it. He's always just a prayer away! There's lots of praying in this movie and that's all I will give away! It's good! It's a keeper!
ReplyDeleteOh, Joyce, thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to watching. ~~Jane
DeleteJoyce, Yay, glad you loved Candace's movie! Thank you for sharing!!! So excited to watch! Love that prayer has a key role in this movie. That is wonderful to hear!!! :)
DeleteKevin McGarry's Weekly Movies
ReplyDeleteVilla Amore
October 8, 2026
8pm ET/5pm PT
Liara goes to Italy and impulsively buys the villa where her parents met. She soon learns she is in way over
Check the Hallmark Channel Schedule to see today's lineup featuring Kevin McGarry.
Today's Lineup (Friday, October 9, 2026)
The Wedding Veil – 10:00 AM Eastern/7pm PT
When Jenny attends a wedding at a magical ice hotel, she is surprised when she connects with the best
... LESS
Love at First Bark – 12:00 PM Eastern
Taylor, a journalist, and Luke, in the military, share a special bond that grows between them over the
... LESS
Winter Love Story – 2:00 PM Eastern
Checkin' It Twice
8pm ET/5pm PT
A journeyman hockey player falls for a real estate agent in a career crisis when he's traded to her
... LESS
Upcoming Premiere
The Spirit of Halloween (starring Kevin McGarry and Meghan Ory) premieres tomorrow, Saturday, October 10 at 8/7c on the Hallmark Channel and streams the next day on Hallmark
Net, You oughta watch The Spirit of Halloween.
ReplyDeleteEverly has been missing in her lives when the spirit of Halloween from the past, present, & future
I wonder about Jo Cameron Brown as Anna or someone else is Everly’s late mentor.
Beau & Everly do Charleston dance at fire station
Everly visits 3 spirit of Halloween from the past, present, & future
Derek McGarth as the spirit of Halloween past
Shiela McCarthy as the spirit of Christmas present
Lachlan Quarmby as the Spirit of Halloween Future
Net, It’s not scary or spooky movie at all
ReplyDeleteThe Spirit of Halloween is a fun, lighthearted romantic comedy rather than a scary horror movie.
Starring Meghan Ory & Kevin McGarry, the Hallmark Channel movie is a seasonal spin on A Christmas Carol. Ory plays Everly Stone, a bridal designer and Halloween-hating "Scrooge" who is visited by three friendly, whimsical spirits on Halloween night to help her heal from past heartbreak & reconnect with a longtime friend (McGarry).
The Hallmark movie The Spirit of Halloween starring Meghan Ory is a fun & lighthearted romantic comedy with a spooky/whimsical twist, rather than a dark or scary film.
ReplyDeleteKey Vibe and Tone
• Fun & Romantic: It is a Hallmark romance-comedy that puts a seasonal twist on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, focusing on second chances, love, and community spirit.
• Spooky (in a light, family-friendly way): It features three spirits (past, present, and future) who guide the main character, Everly Stone (played by Meghan Ory), through a strange Halloween night. The spirits are described as friendly & playful rather than frightening.
• Not Dark: There is no genuine horror, gore, or heavy dread; it follows the warm, comforting formula typical of a Hallmark seasonal movie.