Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, June 7, 2024

Savor The Weekend With New TV Movies, Favorite Movie Classics (including Christmas!), "When Calls The Heart," And More ►►




.Happy Weekend, Movie Friends!

I hope many of you will have sunny skies, without the blistering heat, on this second weekend in June! Although it's not officially Summer, yet, we've certainly had several days this Spring that have felt like it already with high humidity. Thankfully, the dew point has dropped some for us, and we can enjoy a more pleasant feel outside. Hopefully, you are experiencing much of the same!

If you're going to be keeping cool inside, however, or enjoying some downtime in the evenings, then I have TWO NEW MOVIES to share with you, plus some movie classics you might also enjoy rewatching listed in the Programming Notes section near the end of this post.

See all of the details on these movies, plus the all-new episode of When Calls The Heart, below...



*********************



Friday, June 7, 2024:




Storyline: A cryptic call about a planned jewelry heist draws a Detroit Free Press tipline operator, Maddie Moore, into a dangerous homicide case alongside a newly promoted detective.

Premieres Friday, June 7, 2024
at 9pm/8c. on Hallmark Mystery

Movie Reviews:

πŸ”Ž Tipline Mysteries: Dial 1 for Murder Review... This was a very clean and family-friendly mystery I am happy to say!! I had fun watching it. I loved the beginning scene when she switches the hotel room numbers because the customer was VERY insistent on that room even though they are duplicates.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I would have liked it better if Maddie's character could down play a bit. I could see why the police thought her annoying, but she did grow on me. Chris(I almost typed Lucas ;) did a great job as the detective! He's a good actor.

I hope to see more, it was fun. I love it when the police let the amateur detective help out! ~Abigail

πŸ”Ž Tipline Mysteries Dial 1 For Murder is family friendly. I had trouble understanding Holland's dialogue. Speaks real fast. No problem with any of the other actors. Lots of twists and Holland's character takes some really crazy risks as the movie moves along. Fair chemistry between Holland and Chris. Chris does make a good detective. ~Joyce in Carolina


*********************



Saturday, June 8, 2024:




Storyline: Disillusioned with her life, Ella embarks on a soul-searching journey to Paris where she navigates love, self-discovery and cheese amidst the enchanting backdrop of The City of Love.

Premieres Saturday, June 8, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel



*********************


Sunday, June 9, 2024:





Episode 10 - “What Goes Around” :

Storyline:
Allie makes a daring decision and Nathan and Elizabeth rush to intervene. Uncovered memories shift Lucas’ plans. Faith takes a big step. Mei cooks for Hickam’s family.


Premieres Sunday, June 9, 2024
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel



*********************


.Programming Notes:
(highlighting some of this weekend's classic movie stand-outs...)



Great American Family:

Friday:
Love Can Surprise You - 8pm
Catering Christmas - 10pm





Hallmark Channel:

Friday: *Fa-La-La Friday*

The Christmas Secret - 7pm
A Biltmore Christmas - 9pm

Saturday: Just My Type, All of My Heart: The Wedding, Paging Mr. Darcy, Autumn Dreams, Savoring Paris (Premiere), As Luck Would Have It

Sunday: Love at First Dance, A Little Daytime Drama, Moonlight in Vermont, Romance in Style


Hallmark Family:

Saturday: High Flying Romance, Love on the Air

Sunday: Campfire Kiss, Forever in My Heart, Walking the Dog


Hallmark Mystery:

Saturday: Hailey Dean Mysteries movie marathon

Sunday: Gourmet Detective Mysteries movie marathon


Merit Street:

See encores of these movies from Great American Family.

Saturday: The Winter Palace, An Unlikely Angel

Sunday: A Harvest Homecoming, Fall into Winter


UPtv:

Saturday: Mr. Write, Secret Millionaire, and more

Sunday: UPtv is premiering NEW Wedding-Themed Movies in June. Sunday night's premiere is The Wedding Rule. Please be sure to read reviews from Alicia and Florence - here.



*********************



I hope you all enjoy the new movies airing this weekend. I'm especially looking forward to the new mystery, Tipline Mysteries: Dial 1 for Murder. Thank you so much, Abigail and Joyce, for your wonderful reviews (included above)! I so appreciate both of you taking the time to share with us!

Also, I want to include a special thank you to Alicia and Florence for providing your thoughts on the UPtv premiere, The Wedding Rule (see here). I'm rather curious to know if this movie will be edited on UPtv, as it is on UP Faith & Family.

Please Note: Although I am looking forward to seeing it, I haven't screened the new movie, Savoring Paris. If you'd like to share a review after it airs, please do so in comments below...


Blessings to you all,
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT: ☀️

"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun."
~Ecclesiastes 11:7

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
~Psalm 34:8


*************************



Bethany Joy Lenz movies available on DVD:

(NOTE: Unfortunately, The Christmas Secret DVD is sold out, and I'm hoping A Biltmore Christmas will be available on DVD soon - stay tuned!)






(Click on the movie titles below for details)
Bottled with Love
Five Star Christmas
Royal Matchmaker
Snowed-Inn Christmas



35 comments:

  1. Hi Net,

    I am so excited "The Christmas Secret" is playing today. I have never seen it so I have it set to record. :-) And, I am looking forward to both new movies especially the mystery. As I stated in another post, it has amazing reviews on IMDB. All five reviewers gave it a 10 rating. And, both of our friends on here enjoyed it. I hope "Savoring Paris" is good. I went to Paris at 16 and it was amazing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, You are in for such a wonderful treat with “The Christmas Secret”! I just know you are going to love this movie. It is one of my all-time favorites! Enjoy! Enjoy! πŸŽ„

      And happy watching the new movies, too!!!

      Delete
    2. Net,
      I can't wait to watch this movie! :-)

      Delete
    3. Hi Net,

      Oh my gosh! My hubby and I watched "The Christmas Gift", last night and you were right. What a moving and lovely film! It moved us both to tears. I consider movies like this one as treasures and keepsakes. I was absolutely blown away by this gem! So thank you so much for the recommendation. :-) Hallmark just doesn't make movies like this one as often as I wish they would.

      Delete
    4. Joan, You are sooo right! "The Christmas Secret" is an absolute Christmas movie treasure! I'm delighted to hear how much you both enjoyed it!

      Even though I've seen it numerous times, every time I watch it again, I'm glued as if it's the first. So few movies pull me in like this one does.

      Hopefully, you can catch it again when it airs during Christmas in July! I know I'll be watching!!! :)

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful creative collage Net...very chic, mysterious, and sweet! I especially love little Jack with his pony...how adorable!

    I always look forward to getting updates about family friendly movies and series here!

    I have been following you from the beginning and really count on you for what is good and clean to watch.

    Thank you for all you do!!! K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, Awww... Thank you! That little Jack is such a cutie. As soon as I saw this picture with his adorable pony, named Pal, I just knew I had to highlight him in the weekend post.

      I sooo appreciate your sweet, thoughtful comment! Thank you for being such a devoted follower here. I'm so grateful for this wonderful community of friends who enjoy family-friendly movies. :)

      God bless you, Net

      Delete
  3. great weekend for movie watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to all the episodes of WCTH, but this one looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We finally get to see the fallout of Allie searching for her father. Knowing the probable pain ahead, I can’t help but feel sorry for her, even if she goes against Nathan wishes.

      Delete
    2. She did a great job acting in the last episode. She even got her voice to crack(stressed with emotion) during that conversation she had with Nathan. I'm excited to see her interview next week on Heart to Hearties.

      I am also glad to see the four of them together. If Nathan and Elizabeth are interested in each other, you have to include the kids. It effects them too!

      Delete
    3. Allie won’t listen to Nathan about her biological Father; Dylan. What’s kind a guy he is? Her real Dad abandon her at young age. Her Grandma was misunderstood who told her Granddaughter; Allie that her Father left with broken heart after her own Mother passed away but Allie’s birth Father gave up on her about years ago who wasn’t around much because of extort money that wasn’t his. If Nathan could tell Allie the stories about her real
      Dad & decreased Mother.

      Although, Allie could ask for forgiveness her adopted Father; who owes him an apologize when he was right about her biological Father

      Delete
    4. Allie’s Grandpa Archie had told Allie that take easy on her Uncle Nathan, so do what he says

      It’s really emotional in WCTH S11 Episodes 9-10

      Delete
    5. Allie is too stubborn for not listening to Nathan by telling her the truth about her biological Father; Dylan until she’ll gonna find out the true nature of her birth Father

      Delete
    6. We love Allie! She’s a great girl who is determined to know more about her father. She loves Nathan and all, but with her mother gone, she has to take this chance to meet her biological Dad while she can.

      Delete
    7. Yes, I think we can all agree she is stubborn. But, she's really grown into a beautiful and respectful young lady in the last few years, every year more so. This hearing about her father just through her into a loop, the poor thing. I can understand why it would be frustrating to her when she doesn't know how bad her biological father is. As hard as it is for Nathan, he just needs to be truthful with her, even though it will hurt to hear. That would to a hard spot to be in. But it will cause Allie to love her Dad Nathan even more!😊

      Delete
  5. Tipline Mysteries was good. I especially liked seeing Holland again. The first time I saw her was Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas, and she blew that one away just like this. Chris was also great, it was nice to see him play someone besides Lucas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to say, we enjoyed having the movies back on Great American Family this week. It’s nice to turn to a channel you can trust in the evening and no matter what’s on, it’s decent for the whole family. Catering Christmas was especially good last night. And, lucky for us, we just discovered this week we have the Merit channel. Christie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recording both of these new movies this weekend & will relax and watch them Sunday night hopefully….we have a graduation party to attend and we have reached triple digits here in central Ca, it was 103 yesterday πŸ₯΅ Have a blessed weekend everyone!
    ~-Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just returned home from church and read your comment. Yikes, 103! Keep cool out there, if you can. We have mild temps in the 70s, but I hear our heat is coming next week.

      I can’t tell you anything about the movies, but my wife and I will watch When Calls the Heart tonight. Rob

      Delete
  8. Savoring Paris is clean and superb! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this info, Maria. We are planning to watch Savoring Paris tonight.

      Delete
  9. The first episode of WCTH When Stars Align aired around the same week as the solar eclipse and now the very next episode mainly about Nathan and his daughter is close to Father's Day. I wonder if the planned it to go that way....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both Christmas movies from this weekend! Bethany Joy Lenz is so funny in all her movies! Hearties fans need to watch The Christmas Secret, especially to see Allie when she was the cute little actress missing her teeth! She starred in so many of my favorites when she was a little girl! It is still hard for me to see her all grown up. -Anonymous1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1, I know just what you mean! It is hard to believe how grown up Jaeda is now. She is such a little cutie in "The Christmas Secret" as Hayley.

      We happened to play "The Christmas Secret" again yesterday as we were popping popcorn before watching "When Calls the Heart," and she smiles real big and you can see all of her missing teeth. What a little doll she is with all of her big expressions!

      And her performance last night in "When Calls the Heart" was truly spectacular - as she had to come to terms with her biological father not wanting to see her. The emotion between her and Nathan was so beautiful and moving, it brought tears to my eyes.

      Wouldn't it be fun to see Jaeda and Bethany do a movie with one another again? I sure would love to see it.

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
    2. I would love to see the two of them again in a movie! It would be different see Jaeda in a comedic role as Bethany usually does. I don’t think I’d like to see them in a serious movie. There’s too much of that in real life, so I usually am pulled towards the funnier ones. ;) -Anonymous1

      Delete
  11. Tipline Mysteries….I enjoyed this family-friendly movie only not as much as I hoped to. I liked the first half more than the last half. Unfortunately, Maddie got a little annoying. Especially when she kept interrupting the detective’s interviews. She creative and funny, but it was hard to understand her sometimes. I didn’t really understand why she became Beeks’ shadow. It would’ve been better if he could do a few scenes on his own while she went back to her ‘real life’. She totally forgot about the tip line office and almost abandoned the hotel. Still, I would like to see more of these. But I stopped hoping for mysteries to become a legit series long ago. -Anonymous1

    ReplyDelete
  12. WCTH- Heard Lucas remembered who was responsible for shotting him.

    Can someone please give him a hug already? Or even just wake up from this dream AU so we can go back to how things were before Season 10? -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cameron Mathison is hosting a new game show called; “Beat the Bridge”, at 3pm on GSN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in April, it was revealed that General Hospital’s Cameron Mathison (Drew) would be hosting a new game show and now we have more details surrounding his latest gig. Beat the Bridge will premiere today, June 10, and airs at 6:00 pm weeknights on Game Show Network.

      The show is based on the hit BBC one of the same name and features an enormous interactive bridge that dares players to cross it. In order to do so, they must step on the answers to challenging trivia questions. With each step forward, the team earns cash that’s deposited into their bank. However, the only way they get to keep their winnings is if the team can “beat the bridge” by getting one of their players back across before the time expires, which makes for an exciting end game.

      Delete
  14. I love honey and cheese, but these last 2 Hallmark movies were so boring. I should have turned them off after 5 minutes but I didn’t. Andrew and Bethany could not save them. Let’s hope they don’t ruined ice cream for me too next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This honey and cheese comment made me laugh! Lol
      But I agree, the love and honey one was very slow, I continued to watch it because of Andrew and how much I love his acting, but I didn’t feel he had much chemistry with the lead….Now as for the Paris one I recorded it and will be watching tonight so I’ll report back on that. But my friend told me she loved it so much, she’s already watched it 2 times I believe….I love Bethany so I’ll give it a watch for sure.
      ~Paula

      Delete
  15. Ok...I have some WCTH things to say.....

    This was my favorite episode from the season!!! The father/daughter moments brought tears to my eyes. As most of you know, my biological father abandoned my family when I was 13. My mom remarried a wonderful godly man who is my father now in everyway. And who I celebrate Father's Day with. Anyway back to WCTH, the scene when Nathan says "His loss, my gain," my dad says the same!😊

    I was happy to see Faith and Lilly stay together, but was sad for the grandma to be alone. I hope we see more of her so we know she's close by.

    I was so excited to see Mike's family. The mother was sweet. "Call me mom!" So great!! But no one thanked Mae for cooking the large meal. I at least would have liked to see the sisters come in and hug her right way. I hoped for more.

    The relaxing dinner scene with the Thornton's and Grant's was nice to see. Jack is growing up and having more and more lines and Allie looked happy and grateful for the people around her.

    We found out who the shooter is!!! Chris did a great job acting during his memory scenes! I can't wait till the next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I'm so glad you shared this! I thought about you after the Allie and Nathan segment. I'm sure it touched many hearts who have a similar situation like yours. I agree with you... it really was one of the best, most heartwarming moments of the season!

      And yes, poor Lilly's Grandma. I felt sooo bad for her. I thought it would've been nice if they could've all lived together.

      Also, the whole Mei & Mike thing I thought was kinda thrown in half-baked. I think it was just another step with meeting the family... leading to a potential wedding with the two in the finale. That's my hunch, anyway.

      Overall, beautiful episode of WCTH - truly because of Allie and Nathan. The door is still open for her to meet her biological father one day; I liked how Nathan gave Allie rational reasons for why Dylan Parks said no to meeting her, such as him being ashamed or embarrassed for being in prison and not wanting for her to see him there. I think this made both Nathan and Allie see Dylan in a different light and perhaps, feel sorry for him. In the end, it was wonderful to see that special connection between Allie and Nathan, as daughter and father.

      Blessings to you, Abigail, & your sweet family! Net

      Delete
  16. My hubby and I enjoyed both "Tipline" and "Saving Paris". I highly recommend both movies. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net