Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, February 23, 2024

πŸ’•More to Love?πŸ’• The Last Weekend in February has New TV Movies, a Mystery, and Marathons - SEE HERE:




Hello Movie Friends! If you're searching for new movies airing on TV this weekend, then search no further; I'll give you the scoop!

Hallmark has an all-new mystery Friday night and a new romantic-comedy on Saturday, while UPtv also has a new rom-com of their own (pictured above) on Sunday, The Soulmate Search.

Be sure to note, as Loveuary ends this weekend, the Hallmark Channel is taking a three-week break from new movie premieres during the height of March Madness. It's always been hard for networks to compete in ratings with basketball taking center court, but Hallmark hasn't completely conceded to defeat; instead of new premieres in their primetime Saturday night time slots in March, the network will instead air popular films from Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

And, as you are recording any of the new movies this weekend, you'll also want to be sure to set your DVR now for the Monday night TV premiere of Great American Family's new series: County Rescue. I'm already hearing such great feedback from those who have seen the first episode early. And for those of you who have Great American Pure Flix, the first episode drops on Friday, February 23rd.

See all of the details below...



*******************



Friday, February 23, 2024:




Storyline: Crime series actress Hadley Warner retires to a small town where she encounters her first real case. Using her TV crime knowledge, she teams up with Detective Caden to solve the case.

Premieres Friday, February 23, 2024
at 9pm/8c. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries


*******************



Saturday, February 24, 2024:




Storyline: After the death of their father the Dashwoods' entire world changes drastically. While one sister is torn between two men the other is holding out hope for the man who has her heart.

Premieres Saturday, February 24, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel


*******************



Sunday, February 25, 2024:




Storyline: When Lindsay gets the chance to sign up to the notoriously exclusive dating service Eternity, she clashes with Will, her first date. They mutually agree this dating service has been a complete bust and make a deal to get their money back.

Premieres Sunday, February 25, 2024
at 7pm/6c. on UPtv


*******************



Sunday, February 25, 2024:



It's no secret that on this Sunday, February 25th, we *Mark the 25th* with 10 months until Christmas!

If any of you plan to watch a Christmas movie this weekend, please be sure to share in comments below. There are three Christmas movies airing Friday night on the Hallmark Channel and one airing on Great American Family. See details in the programming notes below.




I'm personally hoping to catch on Friday night - The Royal Nanny (Hallmark Channel) and Twas the Text Before Christmas (Great American Family).

Then, to actually *Mark the 25th* on Sunday, I'll be watching my recording of The Christmas Secret, starring Bethany Joy Lenz, John Reardon, Susan Hogan, and Michael Hogan. I've loved this movie ever since the first moment I watched it. In fact, a dear friend who previously worked at Hallmark sent me a special DVD screener for this film before it premiered back in 2014 - 10 years ago! Wow! At that time, I did not have the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, but after watching this, I knew I had to have it, especially if this was the sort of programming they were creating.

Every time I watch The Christmas Secret, I'm always moved to tears. It's such an emotionally powerful, uplifting, heartwarming story!




If you'd like to join in and *Mark the 25th* with us, please share your Christmas movie pick (or picks) in comments below.



*******************



Monday, February 26, 2024:

Plus, Great American Family has a special Monday night premiere of their new series...




Series details: In “County Rescue,” Dani (Reilly) and the other EMTs in training are courageous, everyday heroes. But with only one opening for three trainees, Dani’s faith in herself is tested each and every call. Dani believes her calling is to save lives. Now, she has to prove it.

airs Monday, February 26, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family

*County Rescue will also be streaming on Great American Pure Flix beginning Friday, February 23rd.


*******************


Programming Notes:

Highlights of the movies airing this weekend...


Hallmark Channel:

Friday:
The Royal Nanny ... Hallmark Channel ... 6pm
Christmas with a Kiss ... Hallmark Channel ... 8pm
The Sweetest Christmas ... Hallmark Channel ... 10pm

Saturday:
Royal Matchmaker, Love at First Dance, The Last Bridesmaid

Sunday:
Valentine Ever After, A Picture of Her


Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
(soon to be Hallmark Mystery on March 6)

Saturday:
Signed, Sealed, Delivered Mysteries Marathon

Sunday:
Hailey Dean Mysteries Marathon
CrimeTime: Freefall (encore)
Mystery 101: Dead Talk


Hallmark Drama:
(soon to be Hallmark Family on February 28)

Saturday:
14 Love Letters, Unexpected Grace

Sunday:
A Gift of Miracles, Love Takes Flight, Love Under the Stars


Great American Family:

Friday:
Stepping into Love - 4pm
Passport to Love - 6pm
Twas the Text Before Christmas - 8pm

Saturday:
Murder She Wrote marathon

Sunday:
Columbo marathon


UPtv:

Saturday:
Love on the Vines, Romance in Hawaii (encore), Sweet on You

Sunday:
Back to You and Me, Planning on Forever, Love by Accident



*******************



Happy weekend, everyone!

My movie pick for this weekend is the UPtv movie, The Soulmate Search. I'm hoping this movie is just as cute as the poster! Plus, even though I wasn't exactly taken by Christmas at an Amish Bakery, I still found Alexandra Harris to be a delightful actress in it, and I'm looking forward to seeing her with Jonathan Stoddard, who was ever so much fun recently in Baked with a Kiss.

As for the new Hallmark mystery, I haven't made my mind up yet on watching this one. The promos just haven't captivated me, thus far. Plus, I'm not sure I'm game for yet another NEW Hallmark mystery that will surely be canceled before it's truly finished.

And while I'm typically interested in various film adaptations of Sense & Sensibility, I am rather disappointed that the Hallmark Channel has made this one historically inaccurate (much like the recent
Gilded Newport Mystery: Murder at the Breakers). History is what history is; whether we like it or not, that is completely irrelevant. We can't change it or rewrite it, as I feel they are attempting to do here. Unfortunately, this new Sense & Sensibility movie is not an accurate depiction of South West England, London, and Sussex, between 1792 and 1797. Even though this film is fictional, Jane Austen's works are conventionally known to be set in the Regency era, and this movie intentionally does not accurately reflect that time period.

If any of you plan to watch either one of these new Hallmark movies, I am curious to know your thoughts on them.

As for the movie classics airing this weekend, I'm always thrilled to see a Signed, Sealed, Delivered marathon in the schedule! In fact, the SSD line-up airing this Saturday on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries includes several of my personal favorite films from the series. Oh, who am I kidding? I love them all! By the way, you'll also find the exact SSD movie marathon that is airing this Saturday - repeated on Hallmark Family (formerly Hallmark Drama, by that time) on Easter Sunday!

Please note: I haven't pre-screened the movies listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in the comments.

Blessings on your weekend,
Net


*********************


SHARING HIS LOVE:
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; 
knock and the door will be opened to you. 
For everyone who asks receives; 
the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, 
the door will be opened."
~Matthew 7:7-8


37 comments:

  1. Giving new movies a break this weekend. County rescue looks amazing.

    Loved The Christmas Secret, and so cool of you to have gotten a screener! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I agree; I can't wait to see the premiere of "County Rescue" on Monday! I've already heard such great reviews for the first episode!

      Glad you also love "The Christmas Secret!" :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  2. Hallmark's decision not to show any new Rom.Coms for three weeks has really taken me surprise - I was sure there would be more reveals.

    As Net has revealed sadly the lead male in The Soulmate Search is a single father so that's off my list.

    However there is one silver lining - it will give me a chance to catch up on more Christmas movies - we are definitely well ahead of were we were last year although I still have many movies from October, January and February still to watch - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I'm somewhat surprised regarding the three week movie hiatus, as well. I don't think Hallmark has had this long of gap between new movies since maybe 2020 during the height of the virus, but I'd have to go back through schedules to be sure.

      Since the beginning of the year, I've noticed subtle changes at the network. Hallmark has not been sending out the usual end of month movie updates for upcoming premieres. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the lay-offs that occurred in January? Anyway, the flow of information has definitely been different.

      I'm also still catching up on some Christmas movies, too, which are quickly dwindling, and some from October, January & February, also. In fact, I just watched "The Cowboy and the Movie Star" this week. It's a cute movie, but just so you know, they do casually drink whiskey, here and there. And... by the way, he is a widower. We learn that about mid-way into the movie.

      Happy watching from your DVR...

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  3. What really surprises me, is that with the hundreds, probably 1000 Christmas movies hallmark has, they continue to replay the same movies on Christmas fridays. Not only have they already played Royal Nanny on HMM, but i think they have already played it twice on Hallmark channel. It is only end of Feb, and they have played it 3 times between 2 channels. Not sure why they cannot play one of the many other movies they have. Like The Christmas Secret, or many others. They have played the Mystery on Mistletoe Ln like 3 times as well between both channels. I just wish we got one of the many other movies they never play like Let it Snow, A Very Merry Mixup, Northpole, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Getaway, etc.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sabrina, when they do play those older ones it’s such a nice surprise but wish they would mix it up!
      ~Paula

      Delete
    2. Sabrina, you and I definitely have similar Hallmark Christmas movie tastes! I've never put a "my top 10 all-time favorite Hallmark Christmas movies" list together - maybe someday I will - but I know that 4 of the movies you list above would make it: The Christmas Secret, Let It Snow, A Very Merry Mix-up and Christmas Getaway. Such oldies but goodies!

      Delete
    3. I agree with you 100%. And, in fact, as I felt low key “stress” during the Christmas season to try and see ALL the new movies coming on, I wondered why they cannot spread those evenly through the year, so that if we miss it in Nov/Dec, we’ll just catch it when it is shown through the year.🀷‍♀️ It would be nice to know there’s a chance after 1January.

      Delete
    4. Sabrina, Oh, you know I, too, would love to see them play more of the good ole Hallmark Christmas movie classics, but they just keep pushing a lot of the new stuff. As for "The Royal Nanny," I think they just squeezed that in at 6pm - since Dan Jeannotte stars in "Sense & Sensibility" this weekend. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't have aired.

      Not sure why they can't ever play some great ones on Friday night, like the ones you mentioned. Plus, I would love to see "Signed, Sealed, Delivered: For Christmas," too! They have other crossovers from HMM, so they could play that, too, if they wanted to.

      Thank goodness we have our DVD's and recordings! :) ~Net

      Delete
    5. The problem is everyone thinks because they aired the movie that they own it when they do not. The production company are the ones who do. Many also think that hallmark produces their own movies when they do not. For example Christmas List may have aired on hallmark they were not involve in the production of the movie,they acquired the movie so that means the production company is allowing them to air the movie for so long. Also some of the older movies like Mrs Miracle, Call Me Mrs Miracle, A Boyfriend from Christmas and others have been sold to Uptv, Great American Family and etc.

      Delete
  4. Think I will take a page out of Florence’s book and visit my favorite 2023 Christmas movies. Speaking of pages and books- sorry to read Hallmark appears to be rewriting a classic. As a teacher and also a docent at an early 19th century historic site, you study the era and discover there is much to learn (both good and bad) in order to understand the time period.
    Take care All.
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabe's Mom, Well said. There is certainly much to be learned from our history. I do fear many young people today will learn from Hollywood's version, instead of reading factual books.

      With your wealth of knowledge in history, I appreciate any insight you can share with us on this.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  5. I wish I had The Christmas Secret on dvd, it’s such a sweet movie; hopefully I can remember to dvr it the next time it plays. Last weekend we re-watched ‘Twas the Text Before Christmas – love Nana!! This weekend I’m leaning towards something light and fun such as Three Wise Men and a Baby, or A Big Fat Family Christmas, or Haul out the Holly. Of course, there’s still about five new Christmas movies waiting on the dvr, and I always save the best for last, so maybe this weekend will be A Biltmore Christmas, or My Christmas Hero, or Miracle in Bethlehem, PA (I’m sure it’s a good movie but I’m dragging my feet because I’m not a fan of Ben Ayres’ untamed, Lyle Lovett-style hairdo…. 🀣🀣)

    The only one I’m dvr-ing this weekend is The Soulmate Search. The two new Hallmark movies are not at all enticing. I’m in total agreement with Net about this weekend’s “Sense & Sensibility” movie (and others!) rewriting history -- it’s just wrong; and the same goes with rewriting books by deceased authors in order to fit with the current social and political climate. I’m a total Jane Austen nut and a bit of a purist so it’s hard to turn off my critical side while watching these very loose adaptations. Even so, I quite enjoyed Paging Mr. Darcy which turned out to be a fun movie, with or without the Austen connection. But I couldn’t stomach the next two so-called “Austen” movies (Love & Jane and An American in Austen) and deleted them rather quickly.

    {Btw, for any staunch Jane Austen fans I highly recommend the versions of her books that have been annotated by David Shapard. The wealth of historical notes and explanations and illustrations in these books is fantastic. The books are twice as thick as the normal ones and it will take twice as long to read them because it’s hard to resist reading all the relevant side notes, therefore, I think those new to Austen should just read her stories straight through without the distraction of so many annotations. These books are more expensive to buy but perhaps local libraries would have them. Here’s an amazon link to one of them where they give samples of some of the annotations, just in case interested. https://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Persuasion-Jane-Austen/dp/0307390780/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl_2/137-2315932-5055108?pd_rd_i=0307390780&psc=1

    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Wonderful to hear from you! I also have around 6 or so Christmas movies from 2023 left to watch and 2 are ones you mentioned - "A Biltmore Christmas" and "Miracle in Bethlehem, PA." It looks like we are both attempting to leave the best for last, based on other's reviews.

      Also, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the new Jane Austen Hallmark movies. I've only seen "Paging Mr. Darcy," thus far, and I had the exact same feel on it as you. It's a very sweet film, and I feel that adorable, handsome Will Kemp did Mr. Darcy proud.

      Thank you also for the extra details and link for the Jane Austen annotated book versions. That sounds like an incredible book to have; I will definitely look into those.

      By the way, I noticed you linked the book, Persuasion. I adore that book, which I feel is often over-looked in Jane Austen works, while P&P gets all the attention, which is also well-deserved because it, too, is phenomenal, but in any case, it was lovely to see you share this delightful story!

      Blessings to you! Net


      Delete
  6. I’m a history buff, and I feel these Jane Austen Hallmark movies have mostly been a mockery. If I didn’t already have an appreciation for Austen’s work, these movies would not have instilled an interest in me to look further. I’m not sure who the audience is for these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your take on this. It's nice to hear from someone, like yourself, who appreciates the accurate side of history. ~Net

      Delete
    2. I have watched & DVR'd all four Hallmark Jane Austen movies. My favorites were the first two, Paging Mr. Darcy and Love & Jane, which was so sweet. I laughed when Jane and Lilly Thorpe (Sweeney) were throwing popcorn at each other. An American in Austen was a horrible idea. A outspoken modern American woman in a time of gentility? Happily it was only a dream.
      Sense and Sensibility was okay I guess; The settings were beautiful. Even the Barton Cottage was a bit too elegant for the Dashwoods. I was comparing that movie to the Emma Thompson's production. There were times it seems that the dialogue was quite close to the Thompson's movie with several changes. I'm keeping that dvr'd movie.

      Delete
  7. Net, based on our earlier discussion, you know that I will be joining you watching The Christmas Secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I thought of our chat as I posted this. Happy watching and Happy *Mark the 25th* !!!! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Joyce in CarolonaSunday, February 25, 2024

      Net and Mark 25....joining you guys with The Christmas Secret for the 25th! Love that movie! Been a Bethany Joy fan ever since it first aired! Happy 25th to all!

      Net, I saw you still have not watched A Biltmore Christmas! Girl, you are in for a real treat! Would love to see Bethany Joy and Kris Polaha together again!

      Blessings my friends!

      Delete
    3. Joyce, I'm sooo glad you mentioned that about "Biltmore"! It's been hard to wait, but each year I try to save something *I think* will be good for last. I'm so glad to know the movie has your endorsement!!! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  8. looking forward to Sense & Sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I would love to know your thoughts on it after you watch.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. I really enjoyed it. It stayed pretty true to the book. The costuming was exquisite. They used an historian for accuracy. She happens to also write historical fiction.

      While it's not talked about a lot, there were a few Black families in the aristocracy. Jane wrote about them, most notably in her Sanditon. Jane was known for writing about real people--mostly changing names, family, and taking on social matters.

      As a Janeite, I have studied Jane, her writing, and her life.

      While some were not happy with the other movies, I found them very entertaining. Having written in the world of JAFF and traditional romance, there are so many books that don't stick to canon and have similar parallels to the HC movies.

      Delete
  9. While watching CrimeTime: Freefall when I saw botttom of screen by saying

    Crimes of Fashion: Killer Clutch
    March 15, 2024
    9pm ET/6pm PT
    Hallmark Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Dan so i might give a chance to Sense &Sensibility. I'm not a fan of dating app/agency plotlines so probably won't be watching The soulmate search, despite the fact that poster and actors looks good. Wasnt planning to watch County rescue but i'm furious so i'll watch at least the first episode.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said, Net, on the lack on Hallmark’s part for creating a movie that is historically inaccurate. We know it’s not real, sure, but there will be others who will have no clue.

    My wife and I decided to watch the Signed, Sealed, Delivered movies instead, which remains Hallmark’s best, as far as I’m concerned. Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, You certainly can never go wrong with the SSD movies. Glad to hear you both enjoyed the marathon on Saturday.

      God bless, Net

      Delete
  12. S&S - beautiful costumes and sets, but couldn’t get past the fact that I was being lied to. This was not a correct depiction of society behavior from the Regency time period. It just wouldn’t have happened then and been acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched ‘Twas the Text Before Christmas Friday night. It is so sweet! I love the angel reference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris Gauthier passed away at age 48 last 2/23/2024

    He starred in Hallmark movie(s)

    He starred as William Smee in Once Upon on a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was such sad news over the weekend to hear of Chris Gauthier's passing.

      He was certainly well-loved in many Hallmark movies, including Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Christmas Cookies, Aurora Teagarden: Heist and Seek, Three Wise Men and a Baby, and many more!

      My prayers and sympathy go out to his family and friends...

      Delete
  15. Joyce in CarolinaMonday, February 26, 2024

    Tried to watch CrimeTime .....couldn't get into it! So silly in the beginning to the point of ridiculous. I did flip back several times but still couldn't get into this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce in Carolina, I so appreciate you sharing this, as I value your opinion.

      Thank you! Blessings, Net

      Delete
  16. Sense & Sensibility is family friendly about Following the loss of their family patriarch, the Dashwood women’s financial circumstances drastically change and they are forced to leave their home for a modest cottage in Devonshire. Soon, practical eldest Daughter named Elinor Dashwood falls for the equally pragmatic gentleman named Edward Ferrars. Her passionate sister named Marianne meanwhile spurns the advances of their steadfast new neighbor named Colonel Brandon for the much more exciting John Willoughby. When Elinor and Marianne’s romantic prospects do not turn out as hoped, each sister learns to embrace the other’s approach to matters of the heart. Colonel Brandon & Marianne are at Danifolk Brandon lives next to Edward Ferraris’ Cottage. Edward goes to Daahwood Mansion. He tells them that they’re haven’t heard that his Brother named Robert Ferraris who married to Lucy Steele. Edward & Elinor are now married

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net