Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, May 3, 2024

Make Special May Moments and Memories --- Details on NEW "When Calls the Heart," "Blue Ridge," and "Into the Wild Frontier" -- SEE HERE:


Happy Weekend, Friends!

This is one of those extremely rare weekends with NO NEW Movie Premieres. I know some of us will miss them, while others may enjoy this brief break. Hallmark will return with a new rom-com next week as the network begins *Countdown to Summer*.

The first Saturday in May is well-known for the iconic Kentucky Derby. This year is a monumental celebration, as it is the 150th run for the roses. Horse racing, I must say, isn't something I generally follow throughout the rest of the year, but the Derby and the state of Kentucky hold a special place in my heart due to family ties there, and hearing the song "My Old Kentucky Home" always brings a tear to my eye. (I sure miss hearing them sing the lyrics, though.)

Speaking of horses, even though there aren't any new movies this weekend, there are new episodes of When Calls the Heart, Blue Ridge, and the season finale of Into the Wild Frontier, and horses will likely be seen in all three.

See all of the details below...



********************



Sunday, May 5, 2024:

Into the Wild Frontier
Season 4 finale
“John Mullan: Roadbuilder of the West”

About the Episode via INSP: Young Army officer John Mullan heads west to help establish an important wagon route through the Northern Rockies. But, before he can build his road, Mullan must survive the hardships of the frontier and a dangerous encounter with Yakima warriors.


Into the Wild Frontier
Premieres Sunday, May 5, 2024
at 6pm/5c. on INSP


********************



Sunday, May 5, 2024:


Episode 5 - Land Grab:

A beloved local horse trainer is killed on the eve of her retirement, and when Justin's team discovers her will, it contains a last-minute change that may be the reason for her death.


airs Sunday, May 5, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on the Cowboy Way Channel


********************


Sunday, May 5, 2024:

When Calls the Heart images via Hallmark Media
edit via HeartiesTeamWCTH

With Anna returning to the show this week after being away at teacher's college, it's a special time for all of the young ladies in Hope Valley. The pictures above nostalgically depict the women of Hope Valley, along with the young women, "the next generation"! It's amazing to see how much these young girls have grown up before our eyes through their years on When Calls the Heart—in the past 11 seasons!

Of all the relationships on When Calls the Heart, the friendships of these ladies are truly among the most beautiful!

Episode 5 - “Stronger Together” :

Storyline: Hickam and Lee clash with the mayor of Benson Hills, and Gowen suggests a solution with huge implications for the town. Elizabeth and Nathan clear up a misunderstanding.

airs Sunday, May 5, 2024
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel


********************


Programming Notes:
(highlighting some of this weekend's classic movie stand-outs...)

When Calls the Heart Stars Movie Marathon

Watch your favorite stars from When Calls the Heart in back-to-back movies on Saturday, May 4, including the rom-coms: Feeling Butterflies, You Had Me at Aloha, Winter Castle, and It Was Always You.

*Please note: Three films during this marathon- Romance to the Rescue, A Lifelong Love, and A Tail of Love have side characters in a same-sex relationship. Click on their titles for reviews.




Hudson and Rex Season 5 Marathon Sunday on UPtv

*Please note: I haven't pre-screened these episodes, but I have heard while the earlier episodes are enjoyable and family-friendly, some of the season 5 episodes of this police drama may contain content that is not for children. Viewer discretion is advised.




Something's cooking up on Hallmark Mystery this weekend.

There's a marathon of Murder, She Baked and Hannah Swensen Mysteries movies on Saturday and Sunday, and a marathon of Curious Caterer Mysteries on Saturday, with an encore airing of their newest premiere: Curious Caterer: Foiled Plans.



********************


I hope you all have a lovely first weekend in May! What a beautiful time of year it is to see everything bloom and grow. "April Showers, bring May flowers!"

Please note: I haven't pre-screened the new episodes mentioned above. If you'd like to leave a review, please share in the comments below.

Have a pleasant and peaceful weekend, everyone!


Blessings to you all!
Net


SHINING HIS LIGHT:

"Keep your heart with all vigilance, 
for from it flow the springs of life."
~Proverbs 4:23


19 comments:

  1. I'll be rewatching stuff this weekend. Love having a really long watch list of various movies and shows! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing at all I want to see there but it will give me some time to work on a Christmas 2023 review - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Derby Day Net and Abigail! KY is my home and will always be my home. I am getting ready to watch the 150th running of the KY Derby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, So good to hear you were watching the Kentucky Derby, too. What an incredible photo finish, right? It was lovely to hear them actually sing "My Old Kentucky Home" this year. When I hear those words... my heart swells with emotion.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Hi Net,

      Oh my the race was so exciting! What a finish! I was so happy for the jockey. He seemed to be so moved by his victory. And, how exciting for the trainer who won both the Oaks and Derby! And yes, hearing "My Old Kentucky Home" feels me with so much emotion. I have family in Bardstown where the actual home is located. I so love this time of year in Louisville. Now we have the PGA coming up which is another feather in our cap. My heart is so full.

      Delete
    3. Net and Joan, yes, what a race! So exciting, with that unbelievable photo finish! And it's a good thing I didn't bet on this race - I thought Fierceness was easily going to win, and he ends up finishing in 15th! Although I admit, I always like to see a long shot win one of these big races!

      Delete
    4. Hi Mark 25,

      Yes, it is exciting when the long shot wins. It is good you didn't bet on that horse. I was shocked he did so poorly. I am never good at picking out winners. So, I don't bet. :-) My aunt, though, was great at picking winners. She lived in Lexington and would go to Keeneland. Her winnings funded some cool vacations. She has since passed but she loved horse racing. In fact, for many years we would travel to her home in Lexington for her Derby party. She would dress up in Jockey silks. Always smile thinking about her. I come from a very large Catholic family so the party was so much fun. I miss those times.

      Delete
    5. Joan and Mark...

      Joan, those Derby celebrations with your Aunt sound incredible. She sounded like such a fun Aunt; I'm glad you have such wonderful memories with her.

      By the way, my Aunt and Uncle used to live in the Lexington area, as well; I always enjoyed visiting them and seeing all of the gorgeous horse farms in Kentucky.

      Mark, My Derby pick lost, too. I chose Chasing Freedom, just because I liked the name mainly. As the race began the horse was in the middle but ended up in 4th. I didn't gamble, either, so no loss, but it's always fun to guess.

      Delete
    6. Yes, those Derby celebrations were a lot of fun and I will cherish the memories forever. :-)

      Delete
  4. We’ve been enjoying the Blue Ridge series since you introduced us to it at the beginning of April. It’s great to see Bruce Boxleitner is returning tonight. If they do a season 2, he really needs to be a regular. Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, Good to hear you are enjoying "Blue Ridge: The Series." I agree, Bruce Boxleitner has to come back if they do more. His episode is still my favorite of the entire first season. Hope you enjoy the finale Sunday night! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  5. Another great WCTH episode! Lee was finally made Mayor! Lucas remembered something about the shooting, the Canfield children scenes were so touching and the smile Nathan's face when Elizabeth answered his question was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, So good to hear your thoughts on the latest WCTH. I, too, just adore the Canfield children and this current storyline with Joseph and his brother is really drawing me in.

      I was really disappointed the Easter episode last week didn't have any story of faith. That was really sad to see, in my opinion. I think that's been missing somewhat this year, and I'm hoping we'll see more of it included in upcoming episodes.

      Was so wonderful to see Anna return to Hope Valley - she looks a little more grown up and stylish. I thought she represented that time period well with her hairstyles and hats.

      Looking forward to more next week - and unraveling the Lucas mystery!!!!

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  6. Lucas's character is really interesting this year. By showing his past like this, you see how far he's come and grown. I know they are going slow with him regarding his love life, but I hope to see someone paired with him sooner rather than later. Maybe Fiona will come back or someone like her would be perfect. Who's lived in the big cities and will have more in common with him. Maybe he'll meet someone involved in politics. But when I see him with little Jack, I can't help but be a little sad, but glad the two of the them together every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone in a GAF Facebook group got an email from the social media manager and event planner of Great American Media, it goes like this (and yes, that person gave permission for the message to be shared):

    "Hi, Great American Family has original movies through each season. 24/7 movies will be back soon on Great American Family. They are currently taking a break as we are filming new movies right now. Thank you for your patience as we grow our library".

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I caught that over the weekend, as well. That is interesting that she mentions the movies "will be back soon on Great American Family." I'm hoping this means they will have a Christmas in July movie event like last year.

      So sweet and thoughtful of you to make sure we all knew about this! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  8. Nikki DeLoach opened up to Us Magazine about her biggest Christmas wish and the reason why she would like to see a sequel to A Dream of Christmas with Andrew Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce in CarolinaThursday, May 09, 2024

    I know his is not the thread for "Family Practice Mysteries: Coming Home", but for some reason I couldn't find it so I am posting here. I saw this movie on streaming service. It's family friendly. Acting was good. Story is a little hard to follow. No real dynamics, but over all was a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net