Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, January 4, 2021

2021 "Love Ever After" Movies on the Hallmark Channel - center around Love & Valentine's Day!


image: Hallmark Crown Media

Over the New Year holiday weekend and just before the Hallmark Channel premiered their first "2021 New Year New Movies" movie, Hallmark revealed on their web-site some NEW "Love Ever After" movies for February, plus a classic that will premiere on their channel for the first time.

*Please Note: There may be changes or additions, so please be sure to check back for updates!



"Love Ever After" Movies - 2021:
(formerly known as: Countdown to Valentine's Day)




Beverly Hills Wedding

Premieres: Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 9pm/8c

Starring: Brooke D'Orsay & Brendan Penny

Story-line via Hallmark: A meddling woman wins her sister an all-paid-for Beverly Hills Wedding, but is disappointed to learn her ex will be invited along to help plan.

"Beverly Hills Wedding" in depth story-line: When small-town wedding photographer Molly’s (Brooke D’Orsay, "A Godwink Christmas: Second Chance, Frst Love") baby sister gets engaged, she enters the budget-conscious couple in a contest and wins a dream wedding – an all-expenses paid, celeb-worthy event at an historic Beverly Hills hotel, thrown by “planner to the stars,” Terrence Roquefort (Matthew MacCaull, “Hailey Dean Mysteries”). It all seems perfect, but when the engaged couple seem uneasy with the new plans, and maid of honor duties bring Molly closer to the best man, her ex-boyfriend Cory (Brendan Penny, "A Little Christmas Charm"), she reconsiders whose dreams she is trying to fulfill.

Caution: The wedding planner in "Beverly Hills Wedding" appears to be gay based on promotional pictures and commercials. Stay tuned for details.

Reviews:

"The Wedding Planner in "Beverly Hills Wedding" is involved in a same sex relationship. We are introduced to his husband about an hour and a half into the movie. Due to that storyline this movie is not family friendly. Also, I watched the movie up until that point and to be honest, Brooke O’Orsay’s character Molly wasn’t very likeable. I typically love Brooke in all of her Hallmark movie roles, but this just didn't work for me. I could sense deep down Molly wanted the best for her sister and her wedding, but she was just way too pushy and domineering in choosing nearly every aspect of her Sister’s big day. If that had latest maybe 20 minutes it might have been okay, but this persists throughout much of the movie. For me, "Beverly Hills Wedding" was a disappointing start to the "Love Ever After" movies." ~Net

"I like Brendan Penny but with the gay couple, I deleted the movie from my DVR list. I won't be watching Mix Up in the Mediterranean." ~Namegirl

"When the couple getting married, the maid of honor and best man visited the wedding planners home a man opened the door and called him his husband. I don’t know if any thing else happened after that because I turned it. I couldn’t stand the story anyway." ~Anonymous

"Beverly Hills Wedding was horrible! A decades long Hallmark movie advocate, the role played by Brooke O’Orsay was over the top controlling-every scene, over every point, making decisions that weren’t hers-The movie was so emotionally, screechingly annoying-I barely got through it." ~Anonymous

"Beverly Hills Wedding - Dumped Beverly Hills Wedding at the 1 1/2 hour mark. Why the need to introduce homosexuality into your movies is beyond me. The best thing is I have an off button!!!" ~Anonymous

"Beverly Hills Wedding was one of the worst Hallmark movies I have ever seen. Even with out the gay couple I did not like this movie. Almost turned it off but kept thinking Brook'e character would improve, and it did. About 15 minutes before the end. I will not watch it again. And I love Brooke D'Orsay. So disappointing! Side note: Brendan Penny was great!" ~Joyce

"That whole storyline just didn't interest me in the first place. I wouldn't want a wedding in Beverly Hills anyway. Is it as a tourist destination like in the past?" Misty





❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤





Playing Cupid

Premieres: Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 9pm/8c

Starring: Laura Vandervoort and Nicholas Gonzales

Story-line via Hallmark: A modern-day EMMA, finds David Martinez being secretly set up with his daughter's teacher, when the young girl begins a matchmaking business for a school project.

"Playing Cupid" in depth story-line: Middle-school teacher, Kerri Fox (Laura Vandervoort), a favorite among her students, assigns a project in her class where each student must create and run his/her own small business. Thirteen year-old Clara Martinez (Mia Quaranta De La Rosa) decides to put her vast matchmaking skills to the test and becomes Cupid Clara, much to the chagrin of her newly single father, David (Nicholas Gonzalez). As the weeks progress and Cupid Clara begins to flourish, Kerri gets more than she bargained for when Clara sets her sights on her newly single teacher as a potential match for her divorced dad. Can these two opposites really attract, and will they become yet another successful match for Cupid Clara?


Reviews:

"I thought that Playing Cupid was absolutely terrible. It is one of the worst Hallmark movies in 2021." ~Chris

"Chris, I also thought "Playing Cupid" was not good. I deleted it from my DVR. So disappointed!" ~kitkat

"I absolutely enjoyed Playing Cupid. Very cute premise and leads were incredible together. It was very family friendly! Their were so many cute moments and it was funny!" ~Sarah

"Playing Cupid. I thought this one was really cute. I really liked the lead actor and actress. The sound was a bit wonky at times, but not enough to truly be annoying. Family friendly (the lead actor's character is divorced, but that's obvious from the promo). Skip commercials there are ads for the Mediterranean movie." ~~Jane


"Playing Cupid - While it was family friendly, something about it just didn't capture me. To me, it felt more like I was watching a movie on the Disney Channel instead of the Hallmark Channel. It seemed rather unrealistic that this young girl would be such a great matchmaker and all of these adults would let her set them up on dates. Also, there was very little relation to the Jane Austen Emma book, other than the name of the school being called Austen and the young girl was a matchmaker. Even though it was wholesome, it was not a keeper for me. ~Net





❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤




images: Hallmark Crown Media

Valentine's Again

Previous Title: Once Upon a Winter's Date


Note: This movie is actually from 2017 and has been available to watch through Hallmark's streaming service Hallmark Movies Now and other streaming sources. This is, however, the first time this movie will premiere on the Hallmark Channel.

Premieres on TV: Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 9pm/8c

Starring: Nicky Whelan and Greg Vaughan

Story-line via Hallmark: Katherine, a workaholic executive, endures the worst Valentine's Day date of her life. On her walk home, a gypsy weaves a magical spell on her and when she wakes up the next morning, she realizes it's Valentine's Day again.

Review:

"The storyline above does refer to a woman as a "gypsy;" however, in the actual movie the woman refers to herself as Katherine's fairy Godmother. I've seen bits and pieces of this movie (what I saw was family friendly) and to me it had a feel somewhat like "A Shoe Addict's Christmas" where Candace Cameron Bure's character Noelle was guided by her guardian angel Charlie to make the right decisions about her faith, career and love." ~Net




❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤



Mix Up in the Mediterranean

Premieres: Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 9pm/8c

Starring: Jeremy Jordan and Jessica Lowndes

Story-line via Hallmark: A small-town cook impersonates his estranged big city chef twin to compete in a culinary contest in Malta and falls for the woman in charge of the event, who thinks he is gay.

*Caution: Based on promos and the original storyline given above, we have learned there will be a same sex couple in "Mix Up in the Mediterranean." In the commercial for the "Love Ever After" movies one man is shown kissing another man on the cheek. I wanted to be certain you all were aware of this. I will not be promoting this movie.




❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤






set picture via: Erin Krakow's instagram


It Was Always You

Premieres: Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 9pm/8c

Starring: Erin Krakow and Tyler Hynes

Story-line: Elizabeth's engagement plans are thrown into disarray when her fiancรฉe's free-spirited brother David returns home. David's unexpected influence prompts Elizabeth to question her life decisions.

Reviews:

"I just had to come back and say how fantastic “It Was Always You” was. Best Hallmark movie in a long time! Tyler Hynes and Erin Krakow were perfect together! And all of the supporting cast was great too." ~Jennifer Rumberger

"It Was Always You. Loved it! Loved Tyler & Erin. Loved the setting. Keeper. Will buy the dvd. Family friendly." ~~Jane

"I absolutely loved It Was Always You. One of the best Hallmark has done in a long time! It was a little off brand and definitely a different kind of story than they usually tell so it felt fresh and exciting and I actually wasn’t sure how it would end! Loved Erin and Tyler is my favorite male lead so of course he was amazing ๐Ÿ˜ Definitely saving this one on my DVR! Also, family friendly FYI!" ~J.F. Hale

"It Was Always You was great! It's funny, serious at times and best of all it's family friendly. Erin and Tyler have the "WOW" factor on chemistry. More chemistry than with Kevin or Chris on WCTH." ~Joyce in Carolina

"Agree with everyone else that this was a very good movie ' definitely one of Hallmark's best recently although I'm perhaps not just quite as overboard about it probably because I'm not a big fan of Erin Krakow (apart from Finding Father Christmas). Seems that one of the main talking points was Erin's wig/ hairstyle! (whichever it was) - I wasn't a big fan of it but it wasn't THAT important and I did think Ms Krakow gave an excellent performance here. Tyler Hynes is going from strength to strength - he always seems to mould himself into the part. I do have to admit that I found his character somewhat irritating in the first part of the movie when he seemed to interfere in matters which he had no business to. I found Giles Panton as Elizabeth's fiance very wooden although to some degree that was part of his character and surely if he had to be back on the island and the bridge was to be closed for 4 days he could have hired a boat or is this too simple?! The script flowed nicely and I particularly enjoyed the scene where Elizabeth managed to climb up to the treehouse for the very first time And then we come to the ending - David's declaration of love was wonderfully heartwarming and beautiful but what is it with Hallmark. We got a few almost undecipherable murmurings from Elizabeth. Surely she could just have said that 4 letter L word just once and left the fans happy?" ~Anonymous





❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤



First, I know Hearties are going to be thrilled to see Erin Krakow star in an all new original Hallmark movie and funny enough, her character's name is... Elizabeth! Thank goodness neither Kevin McGarry or Chris McNally are her co-stars for this one. Her co-star is another Hallmark fan-favorite, Tyler Hynes! As Erin and Tyler filmed "It Was Always You," they shared cute pictures from the set - so it was quite obvious the two had lots of fun making it. Tyler even teased it was a Christmas movie; I think he was trying to play a little with the fans.

In addition to "It Was Always You," I'm am looking forward to "Beverly Hills Wedding." (See my UPDATE on this movie below.) When this movie was in the early stages of development last summer, I remember talking about it with my friend, Sherry. At that time, Andrew Walker was originally the one believed to be starring with Brooke D'Orsay, but due to Andrew filming "Christmas Tree Lane," Brendan Penny got the role. Brooke D'Orsay will always be Annie Hayes from "How to Fall in Love" and "Miss Christmas" to me - I typically love all of her Hallmark movies!

UPDATE: The wedding planner in "Beverly Hills Wedding" did portray a gay man. Overall I did not enjoy this movie. See reviews above. Also, based on promos, we know there is a same sex couple in "Mix Up in the Mediterranean." In the commercial for the "Love Ever After" movies one man is shown kissing another man on the cheek. I wanted to be certain you all were aware of this. I will not be watching or promoting this movie.

Now, for another "Love Ever After" movie I'm looking forward to... As I've shared before, I am quite the Jane Austen enthusiast. The first of her works I instantly fell in love with as a young girl was Emma. I loved the novel and over the years many adaptations on film, first the theater version starring Gwyneth Paltrow and most of all, the PBS Masterpiece Theatre film version of Emma. The Emma story will always hold a special place in my heart. It's often interesting to see various films take on the well known Austen matchmaking scheme or rather, theme (*wink*); therefore, I'm very much looking forward to seeing this modern take on the classic story with Hallmark's all new movie, "Playing Cupid." Update: I personally wasn't exactly taken by this movie after all. There was really very little relation to the Jane Austen book, other than the name of the school being called Austen and the young girl was a matchmaker. It was family friendly, but not a keeper for me.

Which of these new "Love Ever After" movies are you looking forward to seeing? Please share in comments below...

Joyous Blessings! Net



75 comments:

  1. Tyler Hynes has quickly become one of my favorite actors, so I'm looking forward to the movie with him and Erin Krakow (she's adorable!).
    Emma is my favorite Jane Austen book and I think the BBC film production with Romola Garai is probably my favorite version (although, I love watching all the different versions).
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, The Emma movie with Romola Garai is, indeed, my favorite adaptation, too! It's the one I was referring to from Masterpiece Theater. Romola was fantastic in that role... wouldn't she be fun to see on Hallmark?

      Delete
  2. What is your favorite Valentine's Day Hallmark movies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, Great question!

      The first "All of My Heart" movie premiered on Valentine's Day in 2015, and I still love that one so much! Lacey and Brennan are truly magical together and that movie started it all!

      As for a favorite Hallmark movie with an actual Valentine's day theme, my pick would be "My Secret Valentine," also starring Lacey Chabert, but with Andrew Walker this time. Those two were sooo cute together in this movie! I especially love the scene where Andrew does the fake accent! Adorable!

      Do you have a favorite Hallmark Valentine's Day movie? ❤

      Delete
    2. My favorite happens to be same as yours Net! I thought Andrew and Lacey had so much fun making this. When Andrew said Lacey was the most real, genuine person he had ever worked with, I was very surprised.

      Delete
    3. The only one I plan to watch is Playing Cupid. Love Tyler Hynes but not interested in It Was Always You or any of the others. I'm still watching Christmas movies. Not ready to let them go yet.

      Delete
    4. My favorite Valentine's Day Hallmark movies are My Secret Valentine and Very,Very Valentine. I Don't know if this counts as a Valentine's Day theme but The Lost Valentine.

      Delete
    5. kitkat, Same here! I'm also still making my way through the Christmas movies on my DVR! I'm in no rush to be done with them. Basically, I'm savoring each one, even the not-so-great ones that are still lighthearted and fun.

      In the meantime, I'm recording the New Year New Movies to watch later, but I might squeeze in "A New Year’s Resolution" since it's holiday related.

      Like you, I'm not ready to let go of Christmas, just yet!

      Delete
    6. Chris, I like your choices for favorite Valentine's Day Hallmark movies! And, yes... the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "The Lost Valentine" is another ideal movie pick to fit the theme.

      Delete
    7. Valentine Ever After, hands down. Loved the chemistry between Autumn Reeser and Eric Johnson.

      Delete
    8. Valentine Ever After is mine. I could watch that over and over, and I actually have lol!!

      Delete
  3. Today Is Not Your Day was originally title for It Was Always You

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's another that just wrapped, THE VALENTINE DAY COMPETITION, but not sure who it's for.

    Jon Cor
    Madison Smith
    Jennifer Higgin
    Ronald Patrick Thompson
    Brittany Palmer
    Tom Tassle

    It’s said Post Production

    I hope it’s for Hallmark for the weekends or next year’s Valentine’s Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this tip... we'll have to keep a look out for this one! :)

      Delete
    2. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13503476/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co

      says Hallmark under company credits

      Delete
    3. Great catch, Denise! I wouldn't be surprised at all if they added this in the schedule or moved things around. Or, could it possibly go to their streaming service? Anything's possible! I just hope they don't hold onto it until next year, like "A New Year's Resolution."

      Delete
    4. I just went to the IMDB site and it doesn't have any actress that I know from Hallmark in it. It has two guys that I have seen in previous ones.

      Misty

      Delete
    5. Misty, Actress Ashley Newbrough ("Small Town Christmas") is also starring in this movie. I've seen some pics while they were filming + IMDB has just now finally added her name to the top of the cast list! She & Jon Cor look cute together; so hopefully it's a good one and we will see it on Hallmark soon! :)

      Delete
    6. I don't really understand the position regarding this movie.

      Hallmark is listed as the Distributor but the film is credited to Sweet Pea Productions.

      Delete
  5. That Mix Up movie sounds horrible! I don't get what Hallmark is doing, but this is such a let down after the great Taking A Shot At Love movie. It just makes me not want to watch any of them. Sorry, I also hate the movies where someone is dating or engaged to someone else and falls for some liberal type dude. Why can't it be the opposite for once?

    Sorry, but I am not interested in any of them and think it's odd that they are sticking in a lame movie from 2017. So disappointed in Hallmark.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, I absolutely agree!

      So, you liked "Taking A Shot At Love?" I recorded it, but haven't watched yet. I'm still catching up on Christmas! Was it family friendly?

      Delete
    2. We loved it! Definitely family friendly. Alexa and Luke are two of our Hallmark favorites.

      Delete
    3. I am watching my DVRd "A Winter Getaway" which I like so far. The Love Ever After ad has a fourth movie Mix Up In the Mediterranean? showing a man kissing another on the cheek. Maybe more info on this movie will be revealed as time goes on.

      Delete
    4. I also caught the promo you saw over the weekend - advertising the February "Love Ever After" movies.

      The movie where the man kisses the other man on the cheek is "Mix Up in the Mediterranean." In the original storyline Hallmark sent out, the twin brother was said to be gay. It appears now that is true.

      Also, the wedding planner in "Beverly Hills Wedding" may also be gay based on promotional pictures and commercials. I wanted to be certain you all are aware.

      I will be adding this information above.

      Delete
    5. I like Brendan Penny but with the gay couple, I deleted the movie from my DVR list. I won't be watching Mix Up in the Mediterranean.

      Delete
    6. Namegirl, I understand completely. I turned the movie off after I saw that. Thank you for standing with us here. I shared your comment above in the reviews. ^

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to Mix Up In the Mediterranean because a case of mistaken identity is always fun. And Jeremy Jordan was awesome on Supergirl. I'm also looking forward to It's Always Been You, because it's Erin Krakow and Tyler Hines and they're good in just about everything they do. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Playing Cupid” follows Clara Martinez, who has a knack for knowing when two people are right for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eclectic selection here.

    I'll reserve judgement on some of these pairings but will be watching Brooke D'Orsay and Brendan Penny and Erin Krakow and Tyler Hynes with some interest.

    There's been a few movies with Jessica Lowndes mentioned as in the pipeline but this one with Jeremy Jordan seems to have come out of the blue - I think they'll make a good couple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The movie with Erin and Tyler looks cute, I think it was supposed to be titled Today is not your day, and I was hoping they would change the title as that doesn't really seem very Hallmark. Initially when I saw that title show up in filming, I thought it was Lifetime, til I saw Tyler promoting it. Giles Panton is also in this movie.

    I love Andrew walker, but also LOVE Brendan Penny so excited for his movie, and Brooke D'Orsay is just so beautiful, adorable, so witty.

    I am guessing it will be an erin Krakow weekend since they are also playing Sense sensibility and snowman on that Christmas Friday the 26th.

    I didn't even notice the gay theme, but I don't know, I wasn't that thrilled with Jeremy Jordan in what small parts I saw of Holly and Ivy.

    I LOVED Nicholas Gonzalez on Christmas on the Range so happy to see him coming to hallmark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, Totally agree on all of your choices! Brendan & Brooke are sure to be a cute match up. You're so right - she's always "adorable and witty."

      Good catch on the Erin Krakow weekend - I'm kinda surprised it's not the weekend before to push the launch of "When Calls the Heart" Season 8, which is Sunday, Feb 21st. However, I'm sure there will be several promos for Erin's movie during the first episode of WCTH.

      I was also pleasantly surprised to see Nicholas Gonzalez's name attached to a new Hallmark movie, along with Laura Vandervoort. Since there is such a long list of Hallmark regulars, it's always interesting to see new names pop up.

      Delete
  10. Yes, it was family friendly and cute movie. I liked the tone it had and the chemistry between the leads was great!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this, Misty! I added your review to the *New Year New Movies* page - in case others were interested to know.

      So appreciate your quick reply! :)

      Delete
    2. I too wondered if it was family friendly. after watching Christmas by starlight and feeling they were very sneaky with the same sex couple in that, I just don't really trust the HM movies. I am looking forward to jen Lilley in snowkissed.

      I too still have so many Christmas movies to watch. I watched almost all the Lifetime movies that I recorded, didn't record them all though cause some just weren't my cup of tea. then I have the hallmark movies that I wanted to really sit and watch like USS Christmas, Waltz, Charm, Godwink 3, Time for us, so I am waiting til I have time to dedicate.

      I watched If I only Had Christmas, and it wasn't terrible (that is sometimes the only compliment I can give things, that it wasn't terrible). But it also wasn't anything spectacular. My sisters and I watched Wizard of Oz so many times over the years growing up that I know almost the entire thing by heart. so some of the references like the flying monkeys comment just seemed annoying, clichรฉ, and made me kind of mad. I mean just leave the wizard of oz alone. and while it was nice that "Darcy Gale" had all those friends that would come and she knew exactly when they would walk in the door, it got annoying too. And I did not at all feel the love with Darcy and "William" at all. I did like some of her friends but just wasn't into the wizard of oz theme, it also didn't feel to me like Darcy missed home at all like Dorothy did. Dorothy did everything so she could go home, so there really was no place like home, but for Darcy, I don't know. I am sad to say that the last good CCB Christmas movie was Switched for Christmas in 2017. And some of my favorite movies of all are hers like Let it Snow and Christmas under wraps (aka Garland). Wait, I take it back, I did like Christmas town although it is not one I watch over and over.

      Delete
    3. Sabrina, I'm with you! It wasn't terrible, but I'm still not sure how I feel about "If I Only Had Christmas." For some reason I thought it was hard to get into - as the story jumped around and the Wizard of Oz connection seemed really loosely based, it just didn't seem to fit the overall story. I think I need to re-watch it when it encores Thursday night on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Maybe that will help???

      Delete
  11. Mix Up in the Mediterranean because I saw a lot of BTS from Jessica.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallmark has taken all the fun out of their new movies for me. I'm looking forward to When Calls the Heart, but as far as movies go, I'm over it. They are trying to push an agenda and I'm not okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just only hope for the sake of the Hearties, there is no agenda slid into WCTH. I really don't trust them anymore, they are sneaky about it too.

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way. I worry that they’re going to eventually bring those storylines to Hope Valley, and if they do, even slightly, I won’t watch any longer. It’s bad enough now having to pick and choose which movies are safe to view. I’ll be very disappointed if they do that with WCTH.

      Delete
    3. While we're on the subject of When Calls the Heart, there is one clip from the Season 8 On Location sneak peek I wanted to mention. When Erin Krakow is talking about how the show will see new characters that are "so refreshing and exciting for the town", there is a clip of two women who are seen hugging Lee and Rosemary at a train station. I'm not sure what this means, but, as I said before, I wanted to bring it up with Net and her readers. It should also be noted that this same video was shown during the Christmas Day presentation of When Calls the Heart: Home for Christmas.

      Delete
    4. Unless you are against diversity in your TV shows, you should be ok. When Calls the Heart will have a little more color when they come back. But I personally like Viv Leacock and liked his daughter in her Christmas movie, so I'm excited about it. And change isn't always bad. Can't wait to see who Elizabeth picks!

      Delete
    5. I think "When Calls the Heart" will remain a family friendly show, they know their audience. I'm so looking forward to the new season coming, along with new characters. Viv Leacock is always such an interesting, charming character, he's great in the "Hailey Dean Mysteries" and various romantic comedies. I'm interested to see if he adds a more serious or lighthearted role to the series.

      Delete
    6. After watching the preview, it looks like the one women in the train station is Lee's sister who was introduced last season. And perhaps the other is her daughter?

      Delete
  13. Tyler and Erin are too cute next to that old pick up truck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A small-town cook (Jeremy Jordan) impersonates his estranged big city chef twin to compete in a culinary contest in Malta and falls for the woman (Jessica Lowndes) in charge of the event, who thinks he is the brother who is married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also saw this update in story-line for "Mix Up in the Mediterranean" on the Hallmark Channel's web-site. I wonder if this changes anything in the actual movie?

      Delete
    2. Mix Up in the Mediterranean

      Jeremy Jordan’s dual role as Twin Brothers, 1 Brother is married & 1 Brother isn’t married

      His Twin Brother is married who has Wife

      Other Twin Brother isn’t married

      One Twin Brother enters Big City Chef Twin Culinary Competition who poses as his Twin when he falls for a woman at the event; who thinks he’s married

      Delete
    3. I think the twin is the one married to another man, not woman.

      Misty

      Delete
    4. Misty, I think that's exactly right. This is one I know I'll be skipping.

      Delete
    5. nNever thought Hallmark would push these types of movies where they actually have them kissing thought if they go in that direction it be nonchalant were you know they are without them actually showing it. But Christmas House should have never been Hallmark movie it should been Lifetime. And what so sad I thought Hallmark would stay are safe place never thought they do this so now cant leave it on and walk way if kids in room and so very sad that they went far left. I miss my safe happy hallmark were had no worries of seeing 2 dudes actually kissing. Need to go back to they just say it but dont show it

      Delete
    6. YouTube has a preview of Mix Up in the Mediterranean; it clearly states the twin brother is married to a man. FYI

      Delete
    7. I so appreciate you sharing that news for "Mix Up in the Mediterranean." I've decided I definitely will not be promoting this movie.

      Delete
    8. You’re welcome. I’ve also just confirmed that the wedding planner in Beverly Hills Wedding is in a same-sex marriage.

      Delete
  15. Speaking of Erin Krakow, does anyone know who sings that beautiful promo song for season 8 of when calls the heart? I can't find info on that anywhere.....it's such a beautiful song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you referring to the WCTH promo with the song Breakaway? If so, that is sung by Kelly Clarkson. You can Listen or Download at Amazon - Click Here. It is such a pretty song.

      Delete
    2. No, it's another song that they have been showing the promo with more recently. It's on the hallmark channel website with the video for the promo. It's such a beautiful song but I don't recognize the singer and I don't know where to find the info....I even tried to google the lyrics to see if anything came up and nothing :(
      Thank you though!

      Delete
    3. The other SONG in the When Calls the Heart promo commercial is "Look At Me Now" by Victoria F. Beaumont. I love the feel of that song, too - it beautifully suits the series.

      You can listen to it or download it at Amazon - Click Here. Hope you enjoy it! :)

      You can also listen to the song on YouTube, plus the lyrics are listed there, as well.

      Delete
  16. OMG! Thank you so much!!! That is the song!!! I could not find it no matter how hard I tried. You have so much knowledge when it comes to Hallmark so I thought I'd ask. Thank you again so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help you find the WCTH promo song! It has such a beautiful melody. Hope you enjoy listening to it - over & over! :)

      Delete
  17. Are there any Hallmark Movies either on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and Hallmark Channel where babies are born?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, You ask very interesting questions.

      I gave this some quick thought and remembered some movies that have babies born in them...

      Signed, Sealed, Delivered: For Christmas

      Murder, She Baked: A Deadly Recipe

      Small Town Christmas

      When Calls the Heart: The Greatest Christmas Blessing

      Baby's First Christmas

      Love Comes Softly

      There are women expecting in The Beach House and Operation Christmas and there are precious newborn babies in Hearts of Christmas.

      I'm sure there are other Hallmark movies with expecting Mothers, but these are the ones I thought of.

      Delete
  18. MIX UP IN THE MEDITERRANEAN

    I wonder Josh & Julian are one the same person. If they’re Twin Brothers. It’s complicated. Josh pretends to be his Twin Brother to enter cooking competition

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where are the 2021 Love ever After Hallmark movies filmed in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe most of the "Love Ever After" Hallmark movies were filmed in Canada, most likely around the Vancouver area.

      Delete
  20. The Wedding Planner in "Beverly Hills Wedding" is involved in a same sex relationship. We are introduced to his husband about an hour and a half into the movie. Due to that storyline this movie is not family friendly. Also, I watched the movie up until that point and to be honest, Brooke O’Orsay’s character Molly wasn’t very likeable. I typically love Brooke in all of her Hallmark movie roles, but this just didn't work for me. I could sense deep down Molly wanted the best for her sister and her wedding, but she was just way too pushy and domineering in choosing nearly every aspect of her Sister’s big day. If that had latest maybe 20 minutes it might have been okay, but this persists throughout much of the movie. For me, "Beverly Hills Wedding" was a disappointing start to the "Love Ever After" movies.

    (Please note: I added this review above, along with others.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for all your comments here, and I was saved 2 hours by not watching BHW, which, just from the promos, I knew I wouldn't like. I don't want to see a HM movie set in Beverly Hills. Also, watch out for the new movie about the twins--another family unfriendly film. I'd love to know the ratings for HM's non-family friendly movies. I can't even stand to have the channel on as you never know what kind of commercial will pop up. With the exception of Two for the Win, which I really, really liked, there's nothing for me any more. Oh, how I long for the Hallmark of pre-2020--seems like that's the year everything went downhill, including HM. Thanks again Net for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savvy Girl, So glad the reviews here were helpful to you. It was disappointing to see this in this movie. I turned it off.

      I know just how you feel about the commercials; I was just watching the Hallmark Channel and had to change the channel when another promo came on. Ugh!

      I, too, wish we could go back. So many things were better pre-2020 in our world.

      Bless you, Savvy Girl... thank you for your visits here and movie reviews!

      Delete
    2. On par to even better than the ones without the storyline. So, it won't change. Plus, it's not like they really can track what people really watch. I don't know or trust how ratings are done.

      I think people need to keep trying to get movies that they want made, like SSD.

      Misty

      Delete
    3. Misty, I agree - we need to keep voicing our opinion. I also wonder how ratings are calculated - and WHO actually releases this information. They can surely skew the numbers any way they like to make people believe anything. If the people who release the numbers have an agenda like most companies do these days then they will want the numbers to be high for these types of movies.

      I'm hoping "When Calls the Heart," which is typically very family friendly, will receive a huge response this season - which will show how much viewers crave wholesome programming.

      We definitely need more shows like WCTH! I know many would love to see more "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" (like you & I), plus the period-drama series, "When Hope Calls!"

      Delete
  22. Last night, while watching Andrew and Lacey in "My Secret Valentine", Hallmark ran a promo for "Mix Up In The Mediterranean", and two men were embracing and one said "my husband". Sounds much like "Beverly Hills Wedding" which I totally skipped after reading your reviews Net. Made me nauseous! Another movie to skip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat, Thank you so much for sharing that - I had not caught that promo. Lately, I've been recording and just fast forwarding quickly through them, but when you watch something live it's definitely hard to avoid it. I usually like to watch The Waltons on Hallmark Drama and as often as they play commercials there, I'm sure I'll (unfortunately) see it. I'm most definitely going to be skipping "Mix Up In The Mediterranean" when it premieres or repeats. Unfortunately, it will have an encore airing just before the first episode of "When Calls the Heart." When I saw that, I thought that was a terrible idea. It may turn away viewers who typically tune in for WCTH.

      I actually wish we were in-the-know all of the time like this one, so we just knew which ones were movies we'd like to see and which ones are not.

      Again, thanks so much for sharing! By the way, I love the movie you were watching - "My Secret Valentine!" Such a sweet one! Love when Andrew Walker does the fake accent - too cute! :)

      Delete
  23. Playing Cupid. I thought this one was really cute. I really liked the lead actor and actress. The sound was a bit wonky at times, but not enough to truly be annoying. Family friendly (the lead actor's character is divorced, but that's obvious from the promo). Skip commercials there are ads for the Mediterranean movie.
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Great to hear you enjoyed Playing Cupid - I've seen mixed reviews on it everywhere. I almost watched it last night, but chose Romance Retreat from UPtv instead. Bad choice on my part. Loved the actors, but not the story. I posted my review - here.

      Thanks so much for sharing! I posted your review above ^ :)

      Delete
  24. It Was Always You. Loved it! Loved Tyler & Erin. Loved the setting. Keeper. Will buy the dvd. Family friendly.
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net