Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

HALLMARK CHANNEL'S "SUMMER NIGHTS" 2021 - New Movies in June!



Get out your sunnies and sun tan lotion... here comes the sun with Summer Nights coming in June on the Hallmark Channel! See Hallmark favorites... Pascale Hutton, Kavan Smith, Eloise Mumford, Brant Daugherty, Chad Michael Murray and more! Check out all of the movie details below...


"SUMMER NIGHTS" on the Hallmark Channel:

You Had Me at Aloha

Starring: Pascale Hutton and Kavan Smith

























"You Had Me at Aloha" Premieres: Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 9 p.m. PT/ET.

Storyline: When the host of a popular travel show resigns, the network enlists Paige (Hutton), to step in for the next season set in Hawaii. Unbeknownst to her, they have also hired Ben (Smith), who likes to push everything to the extreme. As these two new co-hosts clash over their opposing ideas for production, they grapple with the fact that not only do they need each other to further their careers, but they also balance each other on and off the screen.


Reviews:

"Their chemistry is spot on! At first I wasn’t into it, but the location really added to my interest in the story," ~Anonymous

"this wasn't my favorite Pascale and Kavan movie. it was good, but it didn't wow me." denise

"We watched You Had Me at Aloha this evening and, as expected, it was charming. Pascale and Kavan are one of. my favorite Hallmark couples and they were adorable in this movie. It didn't top my favorite P&K movie, The Perfect Bride, but it was light and fun and family friendly! .....and who could resist those Hawaiian landscapes!!" ~J.F. Hale

"I loved You Had Me at Aloha! Of course, it may be because they reminded me so much of me and my husband. I'm the planner, and he is all about fun. I like how neither one was shown as bad, just how they complemented each other and brought the best out of each other. These two actors have great chemistry and fantastic comedic timing in everything they do together. Also very family friendly. It does show alcohol being consumed, however, and at one point two minor characters seem to get a little tipsy on cocktails. Other than that, it was good, clean fun." ~melnewlife

"YOU HAD ME AT ALOHA I’ve seen mixed reviews on this, but honestly I really liked this one. Maybe because some of the recent Hallmark movies I’ve watched haven’t been impressive? Pascale and Kavan were both super charming, everything you could ask for in a Hallmark movie. I like the unique storyline. It was funny and entertaining. The chemistry was great. Love their cute banters and bickering. After the movie ended, I already “missed” it and wanted to watch it again. It was a delight. Some compared this to The Perfect Bride, but honestly I’m not a big fan of that due to the love triangle storyline. I much prefer this one than TPB." ~CH Mom

"You Had Me At Aloha was sooooo much fun and very family friendly! I was kinda unsure in the beginning, but the magic of Pascale and Kavan's chemistry pulled me right in. I think I was smiling for most of the movie... there's just something about those two together that brings me joy. Pascale Hutton's character, Paige, is a planner and Kavan Smith's character, Ben, prefers to be more carefree. It was interesting how they both opened up and revealed to one another their reasons for living the way they do. The setting was beautiful and the romance was extra sweet." ~Net, It's a Wonderful Movie

"I agree with everyone else... You Had Me at Aloha was a cute movie." ~~Jane

"Now that I've watched all the new summer movies, I have to say out of all of them, "You Had Me At Aloha" is my most favorite by a long mile. I can't wait to re-watch it again!" ~CH Mom




☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀




The Baker's Son

Starring: Eloise Mumford and Brant Daugherty







Premieres: Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 9 p.m. PT/ET.


Storyline: Matt’s (Daugherty) passion transforms his bread from bland to brilliant. But when his bread loses its magic, the island locals panic and turn to Annie (Mumford) –- Matt’s childhood friend and true love –- for help.




Review:

"The Baker's Son was a fun rom-com." ~Denise

"The Baker's Son is a fun movie. Loved it!" ~kitkat

"The Baker's Son was quirky and, at times, a bit ridiculous but that was all part of it's charm (along with the beautiful setting). I absolutely loved this fun movie and would consider buying the dvd. Great cast. Family friendly." ~~Jane

THE BAKER'S SON I have to admit the premise was kinda odd at the beginning. The movie turned out to be pretty cute and entertaining though. It's friends-to-lovers kind of story and more on the unique/quirky side of Hallmark than a typical Hallmark movie. The chemistry is definitely there. Eloise Mumford is such a good actress and she really shined here. I would love to watch more of her in Hallmark! ~CH Mom

"The Baker’s Son - I thought this movie was a bit quirky, but I loved the community on the island – and how everyone worked together. So many great characters! A fun little side note: The actor, who portrayed the mayor, Haig Sutherland, was also an actor on a short-lived family TV drama titled Hope Island. On that show, he was basically the island’s errand boy, so it was nice to see him back in an island setting, portraying the opposite side of that, with this mayor role. Back to The Baker’s Son – The one thing I personally could not get used to was Eloise Mumford’s new hair style. I tried. I really did. But I missed her hair being blonde. I guess that’s just what I’m used to from her previous Hallmark movies. Eloise was still fun, though, and Brant Daugherty was adorable, as always. This movie had such a charming feel to it - very family friendly and sweet." ~Net, It's a Wonderful Movie

"I enjoyed The Baker's Son. Brant and Eloise were great together. If the characters married one can only imagine the delicious baked good coming from that little shop." ~Namegirl

"Just watched The Baker's Son yesterday and adored it! The quirky town and the fun, silly premise were a nice summer escape. The lead actors had great chemistry, too. Did anyone else notice that Matt never kissed Nicole? (Or at least, they never showed it.) I liked the contrast of infatuation vs. real love." ~melnewlife

"The Baker's Son I'm afraid I'm going to be the odd one out here. I didn't really buy into this - I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it to a certain degree but there were a number of things off for me. First of all, I love both Brant Daugherty and Eloise Mumford and I thought they both played their parts well especially Eloise and I personally quite liked her new look. The secenery was lovely and there was some good interaction between them especially the scene in which they watched the movie. Also on the plus side there were a couple of interesting sub-plots among the secondary characters. I have always said that you have to make some allowances with Hallmark but I just could get my head around this plot. Sometimes they took the tiniest bite of the bread and went into raptures over it. Matt had spent the movie lusting after Nicole and his sudden "realisation" that he loved Annie just didn't ring true to me. I personally am not a fan of the whole declaring your love in public aspect with a crowd of interesting spectators looking on and I found this cringeworthy! Oh....and don't get me started on allowing a dog into the working area of a bread-making shop! Seems though that everyone else here really enjoyed it" - Florence




☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀




Her Pen Pal

Starring:
Mallory Jansen and Josh Sasse




Premieres: Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 9 p.m. PT/ET.


Storyline: Event planner Victoria (Jansen) can’t wait to attend –- and plan –- her best friend’s wedding in Paris. But when she finds out her ex is bringing a date, Victoria reconnects with her French childhood pen pal (Sasse).

Review:

"HER PEN PAL - I liked Mallory Jansen in the "12 Date of Christmas" so it was nice that she's back to Hallmark with another movie. Her Pen Pal is a typical Hallmark story with a special and beautiful backdrop. It was quite enjoyable. Each supporting characters have their own story and conflicts, which is nice. It's pretty nostalgic for me since I had snail mail pen pals too when I was a kid. Jacques' character was so sweet and just too good to be true. Joshua Sasse was super charming. Cameron...ughh I couldn't stand him, just so childish. Came with a new girlfriend but as soon as Victoria had Jacques by her side, he immediately wanted to claim her back. I did love Jen and Victoria having a conversation, I thought that was very mature of them and super refreshing to see. I would have preferred for the ending to be more concrete..like maybe with an epilogue of Victoria move to Paris and run the chateau with Jacques. Overall, Her Pen Pal was enjoyable and sweet. Family friendly, no issues I know of." ~CH Mom

"Her Pen Pal - I loved-loved-loved all of the references to the Audrey Hepburn movie, Sabrina! Awwww.... so sweet! It was definitely a modern movie, with an old-fashioned feel. Paris was lovely, of course, and Jacques (Victoria's first love and childhood pen pal) was handsome and charming. I liked the little tease of a potential love triangle, but it was nice to see Victoria did not waiver on her true feelings, unlike her best friend, the bride-to-be. Her indecisiveness was somewhat annoying, at times. Minus that, it was a beautiful love story in a gorgeous setting. Plus, Mallory Jansen was spectacular, quite Audrey Hepburn-esque! Beyond the kiss, however... I agree, I would've loved just a little more at the end. Family friendly, a delightful watch!" ~Net, It's a Wonderful Movie




☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀




Sand Dollar Cove

Starring: Chad Michael Murray and Aly Michalka




Premieres: Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 9 p.m. PT/ET.


Storyline: Real estate development project manager Elli (Michalka) is sent by her company to the quaint, seaside Connecticut town of Sand Dollar Cove to acquire the beachfront property they’ve chosen as the site of their new resort. Brody (Murray), the charming local who holds the deed, wants to make sure the town’s beloved pier -- where many memories have been made over the years -- remains intact. Elli and Brody spend time together while she tries to figure out a way to make the deal work and the undeniable connection between them grows. Based on the book by Nancy Naigle.

Reviews:

"I love the movie: “Sand Dollar Cove”, is fun to watch Elli, Brody, & Millie to build sand castle competition by adding castle, moat, & drawbridge unless the Mayor Holden announces the winner of Sand Castle Competition is Millicent “Milly” Johnson so, she gets the prize until they win sand castle competition when Brody’s Grandma named Sandy (They called her Nana) whose owns her Sol-Mates Bed & Breakfast when Elli arrived att Bed &’Breakfast & she gonna make clambake near her house with townspeople with Elli. Townspeople prepare clambake & backyard supplies for backyard party night. Elli is never eaten clambake before in the middle of the night but it’s her first time." ~Anonymous

"SAND DOLLAR COVE - Is this Aly Michalka's first movie in Hallmark? I have to say she doesn't "feel" like the typical Hallmark actress but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She is so pretty and I LOVE all the outfit she was wearing. The premise of the story is super typical Hallmark, but the way the story flow (friendly negotiating with each other, instead of getting upset/arguing) was quite nice. It was probably on the border of forgettable but it was a nice and easy watch. I didn't see any issues and everything seemed family friendly to me. Now that i've watched all the new summer movies, I have to say out of all of them, "You Had Me At Aloha" is my most favorite by a long mile. I can't wait to re-watch it again!" ~CH Mom

"Sand Dollar Cove - I enjoyed this lighthearted, easy-breezy summer movie. Chad Michael Murray portrays laid back, Brody Bradshaw, a local Sand Dollar Cove native, who has extensive ties there to his families’ roots, the town’s history and the people, especially his grandmother, who he calls Nan, his sister, Pam, and adorable niece, Lily. Elli Everson, portrayed by Aly Michalka, arrives in town for business; however, she instantly begins to fall for this coastal town and perhaps, Brody Bradshaw, too. This family friendly film sometimes moves at a slower pace, but it is still an entertaining, pleasant movie overall. I was personally taken by many of the lovely dresses Aly Michalka wore throughout the movie, and Chad Michael Murray was as charming as ever. I look forward to "sea"-ing this movie again!" ~ Net, It's a Wonderful Movie




☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀



Please note: If you'd like to share a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please leave your thoughts in comments below and I'll post your review above.

I thought You Had Me at Aloha was especially cute with Pascale Hutton and Kavan Smith. See my reviews and others above. Sand Dollar Cove sounds very familiar; in fact, the storyline appears to mirror the movie, As Luck Would Have It.

Which of these new movies are you looking forward to seeing? Please share in comments below...


Blessings! Net



52 comments:

  1. Eloise Mumford looks like Kate Bosworth


    She dyed her hair auburn or wars a wig for her role

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Eloise Mumford changed her hair. I miss the longer, lighter hair on her.

      Delete
    2. She cut it to play astronaut Gordo Cooper's wife in the recently cancelled Disney + show The Right Stuff (not recommending - it isn't family friendly and portrays the Godly man of character, John Glenn, as the jerk of the group of astronauts). Anyways, that's why her hair is different.

      Delete
  2. I wonder what the dancing has to do with The Baker's Son? I loved The Nut race movie, so the ballet has me interested.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty... Yeah, I thought the dancing was interesting, too!

      I found some extra information on the movie at Monday Magazine. Here's an excerpt from their article:

      The Baker’s Son stars Brant Daughtery in the lead role as Matt. Eloise Mumford portrays Annie. Daughtery, born in Mason, Ohio, and Mumford from Olympia, Washington are the two better-known U.S. cast members.

      Maude Green is Nicole and Haig Sutherland as Walter Rasmussen, the mayor of Windward, Washington, the fictional town that Chemainus and the other Island communities combine to portray, are the other main characters.

      The plot revolves around Matt and Annie, who grew up together in the small island town, but he doesn’t realize he loves her. When Nicole arrives on the scene with a practicing ballet company, Matt falls for her.

      Matt and his father own the local bakery in town.


      There's also a Pioneer type day in the movie and it looks like many people get dressed up for it. Should be interesting.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that Monday Magazine link, Net. I like to read about the production of the movie.

      Delete
  3. I really like both Eloise Mumford and Brant Daugherty but can't even begin to think how this movie is going to pan out.

    The plot summary really tells you nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one sounds interesting. I think the business is struggling and Brant's character will have to save it, all while falling in love, of course!

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed The Baker's Son. Brant and Eloise were great together. If the characters married one can only imagine the
      delicious baked good coming from that little shop.

      Delete
    3. Namegirl - What a sweet thought - imagining the future for Matt and Annie. I kept wondering afterwards what Annie might do after she made her decision with her shop. (I'm trying not to add any spoilers here for those who haven't seen it.) Maybe they went into business together! :)

      Also, I posted your review above. ^

      Delete
  4. Sand Dollar Cove and The Baker's Son are the ones I plan to watch. Looking forward to these new Brant Daugherty and Chad Michael Murray movies. Is Aly Michalka the one who sings and made that Christian movie with James Denton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat, Yes, Aly Michalka is a singer and an actress. Aly has been in Disney movies/shows, music videos, various sitcoms, dramas like CSI: NY and MacGyver, etc...

      Her sister, AJ Michalka, was the one in Grace Unplugged with James Denton. I would love to see her on Hallmark one day, too! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Net! Me too! AJ was awesome in Grace Unplugged.

      Delete
    3. I hope Aly & her Sister; AJ will do mystery movies: Reading Digest Mysteries for HMM

      Scientific
      History
      Mathematics
      Etc....

      Delete
    4. I wonder if Aly & AJ will have Christmas movie with James Denton called; “A Kiss for Christmas”

      Delete
  5. I barely recognized Eloise Mumford -to be honest I like her hair better in Christmas with Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I truly looked at the picture and didn't realize it was even her for a few seconds. It's a huge change. She's pretty either way, but... I'm with you, I liked it better in Christmas with Holly or A Veteran's Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I liked A Veteran's Christmas with Eloise Mumford. I think that she has a great role playing a Veteran with A Rescue Mission.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound like nice movies.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought Eloise Mumford was Katherine McPhee. She looks completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to "You Had Me at Aloha.

    Looking forward to seeing "You Had Me at Aloha." Having been to Hawaii twice (Oahu, Hawaii(2), Maui) I am excited to see the scenery and locations in the movie. Pascale and Kavan have incredible chemistry which makes any movie they make is high on my list tp view. should be fun.













    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DentureDude - hope you enjoyed the premiere of "You Had Me at Aloha" and it brought back to mind many wonderful memories of your trips there in Hawaii! I thought the setting was quite beautiful!

      If you happen to catch this comment, I would love to hear your thoughts! :)

      Delete
  10. My favourite Hallmark couple by far!!๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosemary looks so cute and summery in that dress.๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved You Had Me at Aloha! Of course, it may be because they reminded me so much of me and my husband. I'm the planner, and he is all about fun. I like how neither one was shown as bad, just how they complemented each other and brought the best out of each other. These two actors have great chemistry and fantastic comedic timing in everything they do together. Also very family friendly. It does show alcohol being consumed, however, and at one point two minor characters seem to get a little tipsy on cocktails. Other than that, it was good, clean fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melnewlife, Thank you for sharing this great review for "You Had Me at Aloha!" You and your husband must be soooo cute together. It sounds like your relationship has a wonderful balance.

      I appreciate your review so much, and the small caution on alcohol in the movie. Hope you will share more reviews with us in the future!

      Have a blessed weekend! :)

      Delete
  13. Sand Dollar Cove looks interesting - someone's child, dog, and of course love that changes lives. Chad Michael Murray is a Christian so I'll definitely watch this movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree, Namegirl... I'm also looking forward to "Sand Dollar Cove." Chad Michael Murray is one of my faves. I love his laid-back personality on screen and like you, knowing he is a Christ follower!

      Delete
  14. You Had Me At Aloha was sooooo much fun and very family friendly! I was kinda unsure in the beginning, but the magic of Pascale and Kavan's chemistry pulled me right in. I think I was smiling for most of the movie... there's just something about those two together that brings me joy. Pascale's character, Paige, is a planner and Kavan Smith's character, Ben, prefers to be more carefree. It was interesting how they both opened up and revealed to one another their reasons for living the way they do. The setting was beautiful and the romance was extra sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I finally got a chance to watch You Had Me At Aloha tonight. Fun movie with lots of great scenery. I do have a question though. My husband mentioned that he really liked a couple of the Hawaiian shirts Kavan wore. Do you know how to find out where they can be purchased? Also, weren’t Pascale’s dresses so cute? Linda

      Delete
    2. Hello, Linda! So glad to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed "You Had Me At Aloha!"

      I've also been on the hunt for Pascale's dresses, especially the pink/coral one. (depending on the color on your TV.) I thought it was soooo pretty.

      Also, I'm not sure where they picked up Kavan's cool Hawaiian Shirts, but I'll give you some fun suggestions that look similar...

      Tan Scenic Palm Trees - Amazon

      Quiksilver Men's Floral Feelings Shirt - Macys

      Men's Winslow Tropical Print Graphic Shirt - Created for Macy's

      Men's Digital Palms Camp Shirt - Created for Macy's

      I wish I knew exactly where to find Kavan's shirts; if I happen to learn more information, I'll be sure to share it. I'll keep looking. Until then, I hope you like the ones I listed here. Macy's has quite a bit of options - at various price points, and some great deals for Father's Day weekend.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Net! Checking out these websites right now.
      Linda

      Delete
  15. I agree with everyone else... You Had Me at Aloha was a cute movie.
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Baker's Son was quirky and, at times, a bit ridiculous but that was all part of it's charm (along with the beautiful setting). I absolutely loved this fun movie and would consider buying the dvd. Great cast. Family friendly.
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Thank you so much for sharing these reviews and several others! Glad you enjoyed these two.

      I also posted them above ^

      Delete
  17. THE BAKER'S SON
    I have to admit the premise was kinda odd at the beginning. The movie turned out to be pretty cute and entertaining though. It's friends-to-lovers kind of story and more on the unique/quirky side of Hallmark than a typical Hallmark movie. The chemistry is definitely there. Eloise Mumford is such a good actress and she really shined here. I would love to watch more of her in Hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CH Mom, I appreciate you sharing this review for THE BAKER'S SON. It is always an interesting angle when friends fall in love.

      I shared your review above ^

      Delete
  18. HER PEN PAL - I liked Mallory Jansen in the "12 Date of Christmas" so it was nice that she's back to Hallmark with another movie. Her Pen Pal is a typical Hallmark story with a special and beautiful backdrop. It was quite enjoyable. Each supporting characters have their own story and conflicts, which is nice. It's pretty nostalgic for me since I had snail mail pen pals too when I was a kid. Jacques' character was so sweet and just too good to be true. Joshua Sasse was super charming. Cameron...ughh I couldn't stand him, just so childish. Came with a new girlfriend but as soon as Victoria had Jacques by her side, he immediately wanted to claim her back. I did love Jen and Victoria having a conversation, I thought that was very mature of them and super refreshing to see. I would have preferred for the ending to be more concrete..like maybe with an epilogue of Victoria move to Paris and run the chateau with Jacques. Overall, Her Pen Pal was enjoyable and sweet. Family friendly, no issues I know of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CH Mom, Thank you for being the first to share that Her Pen Pal is family friendly.

      How sweet that you had pen pals growing up. I used to write to a cousin and a friend, who lived in another state, but I always thought it would've been neat to have an anonymous pen pal, too.

      Looking forward to watching this one! And, I posted your review above for others to see! Thank you, again! :)

      Delete
  19. Just watched The Baker's Son yesterday and adored it! The quirky town and the fun, silly premise were a nice summer escape. The lead actors had great chemistry, too. Did anyone else notice that Matt never kissed Nicole? (Or at least, they never showed it.) I liked the contrast of infatuation vs. real love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melnewlife, Yeah, you're right, I don't recall a kiss between Matt and Nicole, either, just the missed kiss when he spilled his drink. I guess they were saving the kiss for the end. Plus, with all the rules around the virus and filming these days, maybe that's another reason why it never happened.

      Delete
  20. SAND DOLLAR COVE - Is this Aly Michalka's first movie in Hallmark? I have to say she doesn't "feel" like the typical Hallmark actress but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She is so pretty and I LOVE all the outfit she was wearing. The premise of the story is super typical Hallmark, but the way the story flow (friendly negotiating with each other, instead of getting upset/arguing) was quite nice. It was probably on the border of forgettable but it was a nice and easy watch. I didn't see any issues and everything seemed family friendly to me.


    Now that i've watched all the new summer movies, I have to say out of all of them, "You Had Me At Aloha" is my most favorite by a long mile. I can't wait to re-watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CH Mom, I so appreciate you sharing this review; I'm always glad to hear a movie is family-friendly, especially from someone I trust.

      By the way... Yes, this is Aly Michalka's first Hallmark movie. I think many of us were wondering the same thing, at first, since we've seen her in several other random things. But yeah, I saw an interview where she said it was her first.

      Also, I really loved "You Had Me At Aloha," too!!!

      Delete
  21. Movie Review:

    Her Pen Pal - I loved-loved-loved all of the references to the Audrey Hepburn movie, Sabrina! Awwwwe.... so sweet! It was definitely a modern movie, with an old-fashioned feel. Paris was lovely, of course, and Jacques (Victoria's first love and childhood pen pal) was handsome and charming. I liked the little tease of a potential love triangle, but it was nice to see Victoria did not waiver on her true feelings, unlike her best friend, the bride-to-be. Her indecisiveness was somewhat annoying, at times. Minus that, it was a beautiful love story in a gorgeous setting. Plus, Mallory Jansen was spectacular, quite Audrey Hepburn-esque! Beyond the kiss, however... I agree, I would've loved just a little more at the end. Family friendly, a delightful watch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you're looking for a cautionary tail this is it. Now you know what happens when you cheat on your significant other with your co-worker and some guy in another country. "When Harry Met Sally" is a thing, you can't be friends with the opposite sex when you are in a relationship. It tares your relationship apart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Worrying times for Hallmark.

    I think the move towards less family-friendly movies has hurt them and a considerable number of people have ceased watching the channel.

    None of these movies managed to reach 2m viewers surprising indeed in the case of Pascale and Kavan.

    The tragedy is that these were a very good set of movies, well up to their former standard.

    It may be hard for them to reverse the trend. - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I think your comment is spot on, plus I'm thinking the "When Calls the Heart" finale has caused a lot more damage to the network than they realize. Some fans were not only disappointed about the ending, many have also been hurt through social media afterwards. Sure, I wasn't thrilled with the way the season went for a number of reasons, but I've tried to keep it all in perspective and not judge other movies on Hallmark based upon that. Feelings, however, with some are still understandably very raw over this, so I'm not surprised it also carried over to "You Had Me at Aloha."

      Delete
  24. The Baker's Son

    I'm afraid I'm going to be the odd one out here.

    I didn't really buy into this - I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it to a certain degree but there were a number of things off for me.

    First of all, I love both Brant Daugherty and Eloise Mumford and I thought they both played their parts well especially Eloise and I personally quite liked her new look.

    The secenery was lovely and there was some good interaction between them especially the scene in which they watched the movie.

    Also on the plus side there were a couple of interesting sub-plots among the secondary characters.

    I have always said that you have to make some allowances with Hallmark but I just could get my head around this plot.

    Sometimes they took the tiniest bite of the bread and went into raptures over it.

    Matt had spent the movie lusting after Nicole and his sudden "realisation" that he loved Annie just didn't ring true to me.

    I personally am not a fan of the whole declaring your love in public aspect with a crowd of interesting spectators looking on and I found this cringeworthy!

    Oh....and don't get me started on allowing a dog into the working area of a bread-making shop!

    Seems though that everyone else here really enjoyed it - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I always love getting your honest take on these movies - thank you!!!

      I had forgotten about the dog in the bread shop - that was a major no-no. I'm sure that would break millions of health codes! haha!

      For me, this was one I enjoyed for a one time watch, but not sure it's one I'll watch repeatedly.

      Thank you, again, for sharing with us! I posted your review above ^

      Delete
  25. Movie Review: "Sand Dollar Cove" –

    I enjoyed this lighthearted, easy-breezy summer movie. Chad Michael Murray portrays laid back, Brody Bradshaw, a local Sand Dollar Cove native, who has extensive ties there to his families’ roots, the town’s history and the people, especially his grandmother, who he calls Nan, his sister, Pam, and adorable niece, Lily. Elli Everson, portrayed by Aly Michalka, arrives in town for business; however, she instantly begins to fall for this coastal town and perhaps, Brody Bradshaw, too. This family friendly film sometimes moves at a slower pace, but it is still an entertaining, pleasant movie overall. I was personally taken by many of the lovely dresses Aly Michalka wore throughout the movie, and Chad Michael Murray was as charming as ever. I look forward to "sea"-ing this movie again! ~ Net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sand Dollar Cove

    Overall this was a pleasant enough movie but I am getting a bit concerned about the new "norm" - there seems to be a tendency towards gentle, lighthearted movies but this really needed to move along at a faster pace.

    I thought Aly Michalka and Chad Murray made a good enough couple but they were comfortable rather than that there was any great passion between them.

    Right from the start they both seemed to want to compromise but I feel it could have set the movie up much better if they had clashed before beginning to see things from each other's point of view.

    Maybe this is what the majority of Hallmark viewers want now but personally I do like a bit of spice.

    I thought Aly Michalka was okay but on reflection perhaps another actress might have been better suited to the role.

    The secondary cast all did a stellar job in their roles and there were some nice entertaining scenes.

    I was a bit dubious about the ending - the mention that Elli would be in Sand Dollar Cove overseeing the building project for two years seemed to me to be suggesting that this was the time limit on their relationship.

    A fair enough movie which I feel had the potential to be so much better.

    I don't think it was anywhere as good as Chad's other recent movie Colors Of Love which unfortunately doesn't seem to be coming to television - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  27. Recently rewatched Sand Dollar Cove on DVD, still a beautiful movie. -Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net