Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, March 15, 2024

New Movies This Weekend Bring Suspense πŸ”Ž, Style πŸ‘ , and Sizzle 🍲



Great news for sleuthers and fashionistas: Hallmark has a new mystery premiering Friday night that is specifically for you! The all-new mystery stars the beloved Hallmark star, Brooke D'Orsay (Miss Christmas, How to Fall in Love, A Not So Royal Christmas).

UPtv steps into the kitchen Sunday night with an all-new romantic comedy starring Lanie McAuley of Country Hearts, Country Hearts Christmas, and Write Before Christmas.

See the movie details below...



**********************



Friday, March 15, 2024:




Storyline: An American psychologist, hired to coach a fashion designer, helps a guarded French detective unravel a list of fashionable suspects after a murder happens backstage of a Paris fashion show.

Premieres Friday, March 15, 2024
at 9/8c. on Hallmark Mystery


**********************



Sunday, March 17, 2024:




Storyline: Alison remains notoriously anonymous when critiquing restaurants. But when she accidentally goes viral for trashing a new restaurant, her editor insists she make amends by going undercover as a prep cook for the chef she maligned.

Premieres Sunday, March 17, 2024
at 7pm/6c. on UPtv


**********************



Programming Notes:

(This is a highlight of some of the best movies airing on TV this weekend.)


Great American Family:

Friday:
Romance at the Vineyard, Jingle Bell Princess

Saturday:
Murder, She Wrote marathon

Sunday:
Columbo marathon


Hallmark Channel:

Friday:
Window Wonderland, A Christmas Cookie Catastrophe, and Crown for Christmas

Saturday:
A Summer Romance, My Favorite Wedding, Very, Very, Valentine, Dating the Delaneys, and more...

NOTE: The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries movie premiering on the Hallmark Channel this Saturday night is The More Love Grows. If you haven't seen it, I must say, it is not a movie I can personally recommend, and I suggest reading the reviews here. (Be sure to scroll down to the end of the post to read the reviews.)

Sunday:
The Vows We Keep, The Wedding Veil Legacy, Raise a Glass to Love, Always Amore, and more...


Hallmark Mystery:

Friday:
Crimes of Fashion: Killer Clutch Premiere

Saturday:
Aurora Teagarden: A Bone to Pick, A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery, The Dancing Detective

Sunday:
Crossword Mysteries marathon, Crimes of Fashion: Killer Clutch Encore


Hallmark Family:

Friday:
Beyond the Blackboard

Saturday:
Love Under the Stars, Campfire Kiss

Sunday:
Duke, Walking the Dog, My Boyfriends' Dogs, Destination Wedding, Follow Your Heart


UPtv:

Sunday:
Mixed Baggage, The Single's Guidebook, The Secret Sauce




**********************



Whatever you watch or do... I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Reminder: Don't forget to get your votes in for the Jingle Bell Bracket on Great American Family's website! My goodness, it was challenging to decide between certain Christmas movies this year. I never know if I should vote for what I like best or what I think others will choose??? Do you have a certain strategy for playing this? I could hardly believe My Christmas Hero and A Paris Christmas Waltz were paired up against one another in the first round. I'm curious to see how this Christmas movie bracket will pan out - when Great American Family releases the results.

Please note: I haven't pre-screened the new movies listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether these films are family-friendly, please share in the comments below.

Blessings on your Weekend,
Net


*********************


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT: ☀️

"Let my teaching fall like rain
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."
~Deuteronomy 32:2

33 comments:

  1. If anyone hasn't seen Mixed Baggage before then I strongly recommend it - ingeniously scripted it was actually my very favourite movie of all last year -the acting and chemistry between the leads was superb and it was hilarious funny and warm- hearted - the first half particularly had me in stitches.

    There was one humdinger of a scene where the hero unburdened himself to a complete stranger in a shopping centre car park!

    I'm chuckling to myself even thinking about it.

    That's just my opinion anyway, other may think differently.

    Don't know what to expect from Crimes Of Fashion.

    Sweetly Salted

    MAY CONTAIN MILD SPOILERS

    A superior ROE movie.

    Quite surprised to see Lainie McAuley here I usually associate her in movies with a musical theme.

    The plot is a bit far-fetched - it's daft that someone would employ someone with apparently no experience to be a sous-chef but the acting is above par and and the chemistry between the two leads is excellent.

    The scenes in the restaurant kitchen are realistic and fun and overall it's an entertaining yarn even if movies with a food theme are too prevalent now.

    Well worth a watch though.

    Florence's rating 7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I thought of you as I added the movie, "Mixed Baggage," to the Programming Notes, as I remembered you saying how much you loved it. I, too, think it is such a delightful rom-com; the search for the lost luggage is intriguing and the rose napkin quite sweet. 🌹

      Thank you for also adding the review for Sweetly Salted! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. That's funny, Net. I thought of Florence last night when I noticed Mixed Baggage was playing again. I decided to tape it on FrndlyTv since it got deleted on my cable dvr. Totally agree with Florence - a very fun movie!
      ~~Jane

      Delete
  2. Will be recording Sweetly Salted. :) -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve always liked Brooke D’Orsay, so I’m looking forward to her new mystery, just hoping it’s not too worldly with the fashion side of it.

    Also, fun to see Window Wonderland playing. I can’t remember the last time that movie aired on the Hallmark Ch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie B, I agree, regarding the new mystery, and I also love "Window Wonderland"!!! It has always surprised me that Cameron Mathison plays such a small role in it, but I believe this was his first Hallmark movie. Such a good story and when they play the song "This Is Christmas" at the end and I hear those first lines of the song, "It's Christmas again and everybody's home. The fire's burning bright, outside the lights are glowing. We all gather 'round to celebrate and cheer..." my heart swells with emotion.

      Happy watching!!! Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Cameron Marhisom’s first movie was Window Wonderland

      Delete
  4. Net, since you mentioned the Jingle Bell Brackets, I was wondering if you knew who won last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be tuning in to this new mystery movie! We have a busy weekend, we are taking our 2 year old to monster jam for the first time, but plan to watch it in the evening when everyone is in bed. The Up tv I’ll record and watch once I can hear some reviews about it. Have a great weekend everyone!

    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, Have a great weekend with the family! I hope your 2 year old enjoys the monster jam - how fun and loud! I'm sure your little one will love it! :)

      And I hope you enjoy the new mystery! By the way, Florence added a review (above) for the new UPtv movie, "Sweetly Salted."

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  6. I’m just really curious what is up w Hallmark movies. They’ve done this before. They feature a movie that came out last year (and therefore played it quite a bit) in a commercial and then says “premiers this Saturday.” And it’s not that it’s the first time on THAT channel. It was on the same channel less than a year ago. How can they call them premiers? Do they know what that word means? Just curious if anyone knows what is going on with that. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, they believe if they call it a premiere, then it will draw in more viewers. That's just my guess.

      Delete
  7. What movies are you looking forward seeing this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crimes of Fashion is family friendly about an American psychologist named Lauren helps French detective named Andre investigate a murder that happened backstage at Paris Fashion Show

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, not family-friendly!!!

      Delete
    2. Didn’t see that coming πŸ‘€πŸ«‘

      Delete
  9. Crime of Fashion: NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY!!!! We watched based on Anonymous’ review and it was uncomfortable to see all the strange fashion things. Very strange!! There was a moment early on where two men air kissed as they do in France. Then, just over an hour mark there is mention of the deceased man preferring men. This was very disturbing and upsetting! We NEVER watch a movie unless before knowledge of its cleanliness. I hate we made the mistake of trusting one person’s review and not waiting until more posted. -Anonymous1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m just tired of want to be crime solvers taking chances that most sane people don’t. I’ve said before, if you want to be a crime solver, get qualified. The end of this one could have easily gone the other way. I also agree no where close to family friendly. Looks like I can cross off Hallmarks new direction with so called mystery movies.

      Delete
    2. Forgot today that we stopped watching as soon as that moment happened. So I don’t know how the rest of the movie was. - Anonymous1

      Delete
    3. Anonymous 1, I so appreciate you sharing this review, and I'm sorry the previous Anonymous viewer steered you wrong. Thank you for providing great detail on what was included in this movie. I'm truly grateful you shared this with us, as I'm sure others skipped this movie based on your feedback. I don't blame you one but for turning it off - I would've done the same.

      Blessings to you! Net

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Net! I fully rely on your blog for the movies I watch. My family was just so eager to watch a new mystery we didn’t remember word for word that we went ahead based on one person’s review. We are big into the mysteries and have most of them on DVD. I do hate the fact that they’re finally giving us new ones but, in reality, are dangling them in front of our faces (like a dog and a bone) because a they’re not family friendly and watchable. -Anonymous1

      Delete
  10. Hudson & Rex Marathon
    March 16, 2024
    Seasons 5: Episode 1-11
    UPTV

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallmark’s “Crimes of Fashion: Killer Clutch” is not family friendly. First, each murder victim is graphically shown lying dead in a pool of blood. Second, two of the male characters are referenced as having preference for homosexual behavior, which apparently is commonplace in the world of high fashion. Although I thought the concept of a fashion psychologist was a bit far-fetched, Brooke D’Orsay did a decent job in that role.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crime of Fashion: We found this movie to be incredibly boring so had it on in the background as we were doing other things. I did hear part way through that a guy couldn't have had a romantic relationship with a girl who "committed suicide" because he preferred men. Between homosexuality being mentioned and the fact that were not enjoying the movie, we turned it off. I'm not sure if there were any other comments or physical homosexual scenes in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crimes of Fashion Review:

    I wasn't too sure about this one before I watched. I try to stay away from anything "fashion." Normally immodest and worldly. And I did see some of that in this film. It did feature a gay man unfortunately, and I thought the cast was weak. Brooke of course is a great actress , but lacked in supporting cast. I did like that the detective saw value in her and appreciated her help. I love those kind of detectives. And I knew who the killer was in the very beginning. The beginning flash foward scene gave it away.... But Brooke deserves a medal for that rat on her shoulder scene!!!

    Anybody here watch I Love Lucy??Some of the fashion dresses kinda reminded me of the Paris episode when Lucy and Ethel want that Jacque Marcell dress and Ricky and Fred make dresses out of potato sacks and horse feeder bags. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail I agree! The rats oh my goodness, I was getting squeamish and itchy just watching that 😳

      ~Paula

      Delete
    2. Same here!! I was going "ehhh" and then she grabbed it with her bare hand. Oh, no, no, no! ;)

      Delete
  14. Sweetly Salted was pretty good. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crimes Of Fashion was an utter disaster for Hallmark with a paltry 430k overnight viewers - I think this might be the lowest rating ever - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband and I enjoyed "Sweetly Salted" but the same can't be said for "Crimes of Fashion"! Seriously the story line was absurd. Yes, Brooke's career choice is actually a real job and yes I looked it up because I thought there was no way it was real. Anyway, we thought the movie was absolutely atrocious. I was extremely disappointed. We ended up turning the movie off early so I am glad we missed the rat scene. EW!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net