Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

❄⛄ Happy January, Friends! Let's Leap into this New Year Together... ❄⛄ SEE HERE:




Hello Everyone!

Well, here we are 2 days into 2024! I hope you all had a very nice Christmas break.

As we welcome this new year, I'm acknowledging more and more, at a deeper level, what a blessing it is to have a full, clean slate ahead during this leap year - that we can fill up with all sorts of plans and dreams! I've been seeking The Lord and asking Him to guide all of my steps again this year. I'm excited to leap into 2024 and see what this year holds for me and my family! And for you, too!



Last night, as I'm sure many of you noticed, the Christmas movies stopped cold turkey on TV. It's always kind of sad to see them go. I watched "One Royal Holiday," starring Laura Osnes, until the Hallmark Channel left Christmas at 10pm EST. and went back to the 80's sitcom, "The Golden Girls." 

I turned it then to the last Christmas movie of the day and holiday season on Great American Family, "A Christmas Blessing," starring Lori Loughlin, James Tupper, and Jesse Hutch. Even though I've watched it numerous times since it premiered in mid-November, the inspiring message touched my heart anew. Otto, the Angel, played by Jesse Hutch, shares the well-known scripture from Ecclesiastes 3, which states, "To everything there is a season..." and the profound statement, "Time really has no meaning. Love. The Christmas spirit. That does." (see in the promo video above)

Those words stood out to me afresh as we are now embarking on a new season in life - after Christmas. We will cherish the holy Christmas season of 2023, remember it well, and hold onto the warm feeling, too, as we settle into the Winter season of January and all the newness each day has to offer us. Perhaps, we can still find ways to give to others, and that will be living out the true spirit of Christmas all year round.

Holiday Road - Hallmark Channel

I'm also still enjoying the Christmas movies I have recorded. Recently, I watched "Holiday Road," and I will write a complete review soon, but I just have to say briefly... Wow! That movie is truly touching, heartwarming, funny, and well, it simply has a mix of every emotion! I teared up more than once and laughed out loud, too. Definitely a keeper! It's the best movie I've seen Warren Christie in since "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!" Plus, the movie is a wonderful reminder that we never know what the road lies ahead!


Love on the Right Course - Hallmark Channel


And now... for a recap of the NEW movies coming in 2024...

The Hallmark Channel will be premiering new romantic comedies, and a new mystery is coming to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. I've updated the January Movie post with new images and key art. *See here*

Plus, the Hallmark Channel is already promoting their Loveuary movies, too, and if you missed my previous post regarding them, then you missed my gushing over the fact that the theme for them is Jane Austen! What a marvelous idea, I must say! Indeed, it is! *See details here*

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries also has a new mystery movie coming in February. *See Here*

UPtv also released their schedule of movies they will be premiering in 2024 for both January and February. A few of them have been on my must-see list for a while, so I'm glad to see UPtv will be airing them. *See details here*

As for Great American Family, I noticed a woman asked the network on their Facebook page, "Will you be showing new movies throughout the year? Maybe some new series? I look forward to whatever you have for us."

And Great American Family responded with, "Stay tuned for exciting announcements for 2024 and beyond!"

So, I guess we will have to wait for movie news, but if you've been watching Great American Family these past few weeks, you may have noticed the mention (at the bottom of the screen) of a new series coming in February to Great American Family, titled "County Rescue."


County Rescue - Great American Family


"County Rescue" stars Brett Varvel ("Mayberry Man," "Running the Bases"), Julia Reilly ("A Perfect Christmas Pairing"), Tanya Christiansen ("I Still Believe") and more, and includes an appearance from Christian singer, Colton Dixon, who portrays himself. The series is from the production company, Canyon Productions, whose mission statement is... "Canyon Productions creates movies and series that encourage and share the Good News. Our ambition is to create projects that are uplifting and point the audience to God’s love." Many (if not all) of the Canyon Productions' previous films and series can be seen on Great American Pure Flix.

Synopsis for "County Rescue" via Canyon Productions:
With one paramedic opening, Dani Miller must set aside her recent heartbreak and prove herself worthy of the job while competing against the mayor’s impulsive son and an over-qualified rookie.

I'm sure Great American Family will be sharing even more details soon.

Again, Happy 2024, Everyone! Let's leap into this New Year together and have a Happy One!!!

God's Blessings to You All!
Net ❄⛄

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Did you catch that HOLIDAY ROAD was inspired by a true story?

    https://www.fox5dc.com/news/strangers-rent-van-together-go-viral-canceled-flight-tennessee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I heard about that. There's another article that states that some of those travelers are upset that they weren't compensated for their story, even though Hallmark has stated the movie is based on fictional characters.

      I do wonder how close the movie resembles the viral version from TikTok last year.

      Happy New Year to you! Net

      Delete
    2. I never watched the tiktok videos of their trip, just saw the news reports. It's set in a different part of the US, and I think there are enough differences that they can't claim appropriation.

      Lifetime had some thrillers back in October, and one very closely resembled a true story that happened in my hometown in the 80s, but they changed some things, and there was enough of a difference you couldn't say it was for certain. I couldn't watch it, though, too close to the truth for what I know happened and how it impacted people I knew, plus I have a hard time watching thrillers.

      Delete
  2. I saw County Rescue at the bottom of the screen on GAFAM while I was watching Christmas movie called; “12 Games of Christmas” when I posted too many times so, I posted County Rescue
    New.Original TV Series
    Premiere February 12, 2024 on GAFAM

    Since I posted this
    County Rescue
    TV Series
    February 12, 2024
    GAFAM

    By saying Failed Sent Comment. Try Again Later - I sent it on Christmas when the comment sent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallmark Channel Book Club

    What’s more, the network is launching an all-new, virtual Hallmark Channel Book Club led by Hallmark Channel’s Chief Fan Officer, Jenny Forwark (@chieffanofficerhmk), where fans will discuss this season’s Loveuary premieres, the legacy of Jane Austen, and the importance of female-focused storytelling. To drum up excitement for the stunt’s all-new original films, the network invites viewers and book lovers everywhere to read two Jane Austen classics, “Pride & Prejudice” and “Sense and Sensibility”, to prepare for the club’s first meetings on January 25 (“Pride & Prejudice” discussion) and February 15 (“Sense and Sensibility” discussion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh at this. Great American Fsmily has had a book club since February of last year where fans read books and participated in meetings. Each month a different book was read and discuss. The first four books that were read were Jane Austen books with two of the books being Pride & Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. The first book of the book club was Emma. They were showing a movie called Happily Ever Emma that was inspired by Jane Austen Emma book.

      Delete
    2. Wow Gac has had a book club since last year. Book lovers were encouraged to read and discuss the book at the book club meeting. The first four books that they reviewed and discussed were Jane Austen books the including the two that are a part of hallmark book club.

      Delete
  4. We were watching last night too. When I saw the Golden Girls come on I yelled NOOOOO at the TV, but thankfully GAF got me through until midnight. Now I'm having bigtime withdrawal. I haven't seen Holiday Road yet. I think I watch that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy to see GAF has their 1st original show coming! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check following when I read
    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at the Beaker is coming to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

    Gilded Newport Mysteries Series by Alyssa Maxwell

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at the Beakers - book 1

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Marble House - book 2

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Beechwood - book 3

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Rough Point - book 4

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Chateau Sur Mer - book 5

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Ochre Court - book 6

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Crossways - book 7

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Kingscote - book 8

    Gilded Newport Mysteries:
    Murder at Wakehurst - Book #9 of the Gilded Newport Mysteries
    Murder at Wakehurst - book 9

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Beacon Rock - book 10

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at the Elma - book 11

    Gilded Newport Mysteries: Murder at Vinland - book 12

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a little late but Happy New Year everyone! I believe 2024 will be a great year.

    Net, I ordered the ruby crustal blessing bracelet and the gingerbread slippers for my daughter's Jan. birthday. She loves the bracelet and the slippers. She lives in FL and the slippers are perfect for a warmer climate. She can't stop raving about the bracelet. Thanks for displaying these Net!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat,

      Oh, that makes me sooo happy that your daughter liked the ruby blessing bracelet; I also purchased blessing bracelets for the ladies in my family and they loved them, too! They make such great gifts, and of course, the meaning behind them is so special.

      And, I'm also glad she loves the gingerbread slippers, as well. Those are so cute!

      I'll link both items below - just in case anyone else is interested.

      Also, you may have noticed most of the products are gone in the left column. Well, Amazon decided to remove images from their affiliate program, so I'm trying to see about fixing this. It's quite a mess since I have many pages in my archives with Amazon products.

      Anyway, I'll get something figured out, but I wanted you to know that's why the products are mostly gone - for now.

      Links:
      Ruby Blessing Bracelet:
      https://amzn.to/3vniTFt

      Gingerbread Slippers:
      https://amzn.to/3S5tQo0

      God's Blessings & Happy New Year
      to you and your family! Net

      Delete
  8. Net,
    We have watched Hudson and Rex since the first season. They had one episode that feature prominently a gay character as the main character on the case they were on. But having said that, although there is a little "wokeness" here and there, it is very family friendly. They do not show graphic violence or graphic dead bodies. Just kind of a "who done it" mystery including a police dog that is very fun to watch as he partners with the main character.

    We have Up Streaming and have been able to stream them all up to a point. We found that although additional seasons are available in Canada where the series originally airs, we haven't found a streaming service up there to watch the most current episodes.

    Having said that, Up does add episodes to their streaming service 1 season at a time. Usually they add one episode a week for the season they are adding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary J, I really appreciate the detailed information you shared on "Hudson and Rex." I'm glad to know that most episodes are family-friendly cozy sort of mysteries. It is rare to find decent series to watch these days, so I'm glad this one is mostly good for family viewing.

      Thank you, again, for sharing with us!
      Blessings to you, Net

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net