Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, September 22, 2023

Let Your Hearts be Captured by a New "When Calls the Heart" and Fall Movies This Weekend... SEE HERE:




Happy weekend, everyone!

This Sunday night's episode of When Calls the Heart is sure to be filled with a lot of heart, emotion, and anticipation, as Nathan is kidnapped and the Governor comes to Hope Valley for a visit.

There are more new Fall-themed movie premieres on Great American Family and the Hallmark Channel this Saturday night and a new Hallmark Mystery on Friday. See all of the details below...



******************************



Friday, September 22, 2023:




Storyline: A new teacher at an Irish prep school is shocked to find a ghost haunting her house. She decides to help solve his murder in the hopes that it will allow him to move on.

Premieres Friday, September 22, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries



******************************



Saturday, September 23, 2023:




Storyline: Nicole Borden, the owner of a quaint arts and crafts store called The Crafty Companion, is faced with an ultimatum when the owner of Mitchell’s Art and Craft Supplies tells her she must either sell her store or be forced out of business.

Premieres Saturday, September 23, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family



******************************



Saturday, September 23, 2023:




Storyline: Abby and Sean were best friends in high school until they had a falling out at their graduation party. Years later, when Abby’s friend Rachel brings her to a wilderness retreat, she is shocked to run into Sean. This chance reconnection only results in the old friends butting heads even more. However, when the pair becomes separated from the group on a hiking trip, they must work together to find their way back to the campsite. As the walls come down, they'll face the reality of why their friendship and their lives fell apart and come to learn that maybe the way forward is together.

Premieres Saturday, September 23, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel



******************************



Sunday, September 24, 2023:




Storyline: Everyone helps Rosemary as the Governor visits early. Meanwhile, Nathan is called away to help with land trouble only to find himself in unexpected danger and with surprising intel.

Season 10 - Episode 9
airs Sunday, September 24, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel



******************************



 Programming Notes:


Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:

Saturday -
Mystery 101 Marathon

Sunday -
Murder, She Baked Marathon



INSP:

Sunday -
*The Warrant - encore airing at 2pm/1c. (*Please Note: "The Warrant" includes a lot of war-type violence, shootings, and death. This movie is NOT for young viewers.)

The sequel film, The Warrant: Breaker's Law - will premiere on October 1, 2023 on INSP.




 Christmas Movies are Coming Soon!πŸŽ„



We are now 4 WEEKS AWAY from Friday, October 20th, when Christmas movies begin airing on Great American Family, the Hallmark Channel, and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

And we are 6 WEEKS Away from UPtv Christmas movies, as their holiday season returns on Friday, November 3rd!




******************************



I hope you all have a fabulous Fall weekend. This looks like it will be the ideal time to visit the local pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Our weather is sunny and pleasant; we have drifted back into more Summer-like temps, which I love, as long as it's not humid.

As for the movies this weekend, the mystery movie Haunted Harmony Mysteries: Murder in G Major does have a character who obviously portrays a ghost. I'm not one for such movies, unless it's one of the multiple A Christmas Carol movies, but if you happen to watch, I would like to know your take on it. From the previews I've seen, the film's setting in Ireland looks incredible, with it's rugged coastlines, steep cliffs, and bountiful green fields.

Great American Family's new movie, Craft Me a Romance, has a true Fall feeling this weekend. I know some of you are planning to opt out, due to Jodie Sweetin's comments, while others will watch to support Great American Family. There has been some tension for a while between Jodie and Candace based on their differing beliefs, but I was delighted to see the two of them laughing together again (see picture below), like old times, during the recent 90's Con, which took place this last weekend, September 15th-17th. I pray they have been able to make amends and be friends again, in spite of their differences. It makes the little girl in me who grew up watching them on Full House - so happy to see them smiling and happy again!

Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber
attend the 90's Con for Full House


Hallmark Channel's next Fall movie premiere, Retreat to You, looks like it could be kinda cute, but I can't help from feeling like I've seen Emilie Ullerup do a similar story before in Nature of Love, with Christopher Russell. Anyway, that movie was sweet, so hopefully, this one will be fun, too.

Then, there's When Calls the Heart Sunday night, which has quite the dramatic preview with Nathan being kidnapped and Elizabeth expressing emotionally through heavy tears, "I can't do this again!" It's hard for me to guess what the writers are doing, but I feel like Elizabeth is still grieving over Jack. All the old memories of losing him keep flooding in. As much as I really like Nathan (I've always been strongly Team Nathan!), I still feel like Elizabeth has made her choice with Lucas. It would be awfully nice, though, for Nathan to move on and find true love, instead of teasing us relentlessly with the possible love triangle again. Regardless, I'm still all-in for the new WCTH episode on Sunday night; I can't wait to see what happens next!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Please note: I have not pre-screened the new movies listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in comments.

Blessings to you all,
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT: ☀️

"The light shines in the darkness, 
and the darkness has not overcome it." 
~John 1:5

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, 
patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 
gentleness, self-control; 
against such things there is no law."
~Galatians 5:22-23


images via: Great American Media/Hallmark Media

30 comments:

  1. I have my issues with Jodie too, but GAF chose her movie because they thought it was a good movie to air, and I feel it's best to watch it to support the network.

    Looking forward to WCTH as well (I have the same feelings too, Net. Hope it all works out for the best). -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on pins and needles over WCTH, Net! Why are they doing this to Nathan fans? It's like they are dangling the carrot in front of us all over again. I've seen some Nathan fans on SM say they've returned to watch because they think he's actually got a shot with Elizabeth, but I think you're right, they're just teasing us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAF only bought the movie. They don't have a contract with her, so I will give it a shot. The storyline sounds good.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I’ll only be tuning in to Retreat to you. I don’t believe in ghosts so that murder mystery is out and I don’t feel I can support Jodi so I think I’ll pass on that one as well.
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t wait to watch WCTH tomorrow night. Elizabeth is so confused her feelings for Nathan that she’s so worried about him if anything happens to him is same things since she’s so worried about what happens to Constable Jack Thornton. Elizabeth worried about Nathan’s safety by saying she can’t do it again. Constable has been taken hostage by who?

    Since Nathan told Elizabeth that when he came to Hope Valley & he looks after Elizabeth & her Son; Jack Thornton Jr., if anything will happen to them

    They’re going be rollercoaster & full circle from previous seasons

    I wonder what happened to Constable Jack Thornton offscreen at Fort Clay for assistance - he passed away from landslide at the end of WCTH: Seasons 5

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish they had gone a different route with this particular WCTH storyline. For me personally it’s a little strange to see her so shook up over a man who she supposedly is not in love with. Concerned, yes, but emotional and tearful? It may be related to Jack but it’s a bit tiring to go through this again. She’s engaged to Lucas and seeing her treatment of him in episode 5 or 6 hasn’t made for enjoyable viewing and now we’re topping it off with this. Hopefully things get better or things simply aren’t what they appear to be.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m watching Craft Me Romance

      Destined 2: Christmas Once More
      October 21, 2023
      8pm ET/5pm PT

      Starring Casey Elliott & Shae Robins

      Christmas proposal

      Troy will proposes to Kim by showing his Brother; an engagement ring

      Delete
  7. My mom, teen daughter, and I loved “Murder in G Major” (Haunted Harmony Mysteries). It was family-friendly and humorous and featured beautiful Irish scenery. To me, the haunting is not meant to be taken literally, so I tend to view it more as a creative and literary plot device. I hope there are more movies in this series as I like how it incorporates music and a different type of setting than the other Hallmark mystery movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did there Net...Let your hearts be "captured." 😊

    I am can't for this new WCTH. I agree, with little Jack asking about his father, the wedding coming up and seeing Nathan everyday in his red serge, I'm sure she's grieving Jack again. Now seeing Nathan in harm's way will definitely bring back some past. That would be hard.

    I can't wait to see Henry. I want to see him smiling and knowing the past is over, new and fresh days ahead!! I think about that Anne of Green Gables Ms. Stacy quote... "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail - Thanks for catching my title reference to this WCTH episode. I wondered if anyone would catch that. So happy you did! :)

      Also, I love that quote from Anne of GG! We repeat many quotes from those wonderful movies. :)

      Delete
  9. Craft me a Romance was so sweet!

    Plus, the 1st new Christmas movie to air on Oct 21 will be: Destined 2: Christmas Once Again!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed the Haunted Harmony Mystery. It was interesting and funny at parts. It felt like the older HMM mysteries from five years ago. Definitely my favorite HMM mystery in a long time. For once, I actually want them to do another one of these. It’s been a long time since I had that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched Craft Me A Romance. It was ok, but not something I would watch again. The acting was so flat to me.. However, I did really enjoy the Hallmark Mystery movie! I just don't get why only make one movie! At least make 4 or 5 and see how it goes to create more. Great chemistry and a solid mystery.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breaking: The WGA has reached a deal with the AMPTP to end their strike!! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. RETREAT TO YOU (*SPOILERS AHEAD*) - clean

    I think this had a lot of potential, but honestly not very well written. So many cheesy and cringey things and so many flaws in the detail that was annoying.
    - Abby is a very confusing character. One moment, Abby said she is upset with Sean, then next she was not. The whole thing about Abby “rescuing” Sean in the high rope course was a bit ridiculous, especially after the instructor said the course could only support 1 person. Right before, she said she doesn’t do high ropes? One day she kissed Sean, the next day she said “no long distance”. Then, Abby and Sean were just arguing and fighting too much when they were lost. In the beginning, Abby told Rachel that “Sean left her at the bus stop and she never heard from him again”, and then we found out that Sean actually called and wrote but Abby chose to ignore him. I thought that was odd.
    - The married couple were quite grumpy and showed hostility towards each other in the beginning, which made it uncomfortable to watch.
    - The chef bailing out from his job to go with the search party. How is that okay?
    Ugh, I’m sorry. I know this is all too nitpicky. I just remember feeling annoyed when I was watching this. The chemistry was pretty good, so there is that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite the intriguing episode of WCTH tonight. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Retreat to You was just a one time watch for me. Story is a little slow and some of the "arguing" between the leads was either too dramatic or in some moments just silly. Her best friend was way too dramatic in some scenes. It is family friendly as far being "woke" but there is a moment when they think the leads could have spent the night together in his room and go to check and see if they're there. Of course they're not, but the suggestion is insinuated! I would say PG13 on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WTCH is driving me crazy! If they let Elizabeth break up with Lucas that's going to make her look so wishy washy! Not to mention divide the fans again!! I can't handle that! Hallmark does some really dumb stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn’t agree more! Even if it’s just a misdirect, it’s ridiculous that they even went this route. Apparently the powers that be are running out of original ideas.

      Rebecca

      Delete
  17. I loved Henry in this last episode. He handled that conversation with Elizabeth with respect and wisdom. She could use a father figure, since her's is far away.

    It's sad to see how much Elizabeth is hurting. I truly believe she is grieving of Jack and all the mountie issues just bring back bad memories. I don't think she's changing her mind I know she loves Lucas, but I wish she would talk and be open to him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So I watched Retreat to You over the weekend & it was family friendly from what I recall, I liked the supporting characters, but I don’t know something about the main characters wasn’t drawing me in enough….like I started folding laundry and only half watching at times. Emilie seemed exhausted throughout the movie…,a one time watch for me.

    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure when the movie was filmed, but Emilie does have 2 young children, one is under a year now. She might very well be tired. I think she looked wonderful and very much like she does in most movies.

      Sabrina

      Delete
    2. Oh no now I feel bad for saying she looked exhausted, I am in the same boat as her and I am very much exhausted most days πŸ˜‚
      I love her in everything Iv seen her in as well, idk something about this one just seemed a little off but maybe I’ll give it another watch.

      ~Paula

      Delete
  19. Hi all,

    Okay, I watched "Retreat to You" and agree with others who posted comments. It was just 'okay'. Tired story line, zero chemistry and boring supporting players, although I did like Abby's best friend. And, I align with others who posted about "“Murder in G Major” (Haunted Harmony Mysteries). My husband and I absolutely LOVED that movie! It had everything "Retreat to You" did not. There was fun banter, comedy, breathtaking scenery, great acting, engaging story, wonderful chemistry and moving ending. It made both my husband and I cry. :-) I have enjoyed a few of the newer mysteries, this year, and I really like the "Abby Brooks" one from earlier this year. But, this latest mystery has taken over as 'hands down' my favorite new mystery this year. I agree with the other poster who said they are looking forward to more. Magic...seriously! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hallmark’s “Retreat to You” is family-friendly, but the leads slog through an overused and tired story line, and at times the scenes and dialogue were just plain boring. This was certainly not Emilie Ullerup’s best performance either - definitely not a keeper for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love it if they made Nathan end up with Elizabeth. He has been nothing but kind and loving to her, and it always seemed strange that she'd choose the saloon owner who was always so concerned with big gestures. Usually in movies everyone roots for the "underdog", so to speak--the one who simply shows love to the other and isn't so concerned with being impressive. And while Lucas is nice, it just doesn't make sense for the show that has always been about the schoolteacher and mountie to pair the schoolteacher with a saloon owner, especially in this time period. I haven't watched the show this season. I felt that the past few seasons were very confusing with way to many plotlines and loose ends, making it feel like you were missing something even if you watched every second of every episode. And Elizabeth has become way too nosy. I don't even know if she deserves Nathan, but if she ends up being more like the way she used to be, I might watch again if they make Elizabeth change her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with many opinions above.
    If the Writer's reverse Elizabeth's Path, and try to erase the last 2 years, or go back to S6-8 Travesty-
    I Am Out!!!

    Forgive me if I posted this before, my Mom loved WCTH, but I didn't watch it, to busy taking care of 24/7 and all that was Involved.
    After she passed, I watched it to feel near her( if that's makes sense) Jack only had a few more episodes, I was glad she was not her to see it- Jack Thornton was her favorite character by far❤️❤️

    I gave up a few times S6-8 because I thought the storyline was poorly written, I don't like to feel as if the Show treats its Viewers as Ignorant or a Fool.
    Psychoanalysis is what I do, so my choice from the beginning was Lucas.
    Mountie Jack Thornton died because Daniel wanted more options for work and maybe life in general....
    Nathan's presence was always Clear to Mr.
    I Love Nathan, he is a great honorable man, but he deserves to be loved for Him, not a replacement for Jack!!!
    Lucas has been treated unfairly and dismissed too often this year by Elizabeth, He Deserves Better!!!

    I've loved Rosemary and Lee and GoldieπŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’•
    Henry has been wonderful.
    All the others have had their shining moments.

    But I stand by my words, if Elizabeth does not resolve her emotions by season end, It's a TV show and I will not waste the little time I have when not working on this Nonsense.

    As always Thank you Net for this forum-
    God bless everyoneπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  23. When Calls the Heart –

    I’m still processing the events that unfolded in the last episode of When Calls the Heart, when Nathan was held hostage by a local farmer and shot at by the Pinkertons. Those scenes didn’t surprise me or scare me (especially since I’ve seen photos from upcoming episodes and knew Nathan would be fine), but Elizabeth’s emotional reaction and then Henry, sweet, caring, compassionate Henry, who often doesn’t speak much, but says the most with little or by his actions, the way Henry approached Elizabeth in such a caring fatherly way, even mentioning his own father, deeply touched my heart.

    I’m not sure what all of these emotions stirring in Elizabeth mean. I truly thought she had made her choice with Lucas and in that era, such a decision of accepting a marriage proposal was a very serious one. Of course, this is a dramatized version of that time period and a TV show that thrives on ratings and keeping their audience guessing. I’m truly perplexed at the meaning of this. I know the Lucas fans are concerned and Nathan fans are cautiously hopeful. In the end, I know there will be hurt feelings on either side once again.

    Regardless of all of the romance saga/drama, this season of the When Calls the Heart has been written quite beautifully. I’ve enjoyed how they’ve included more of the people in Hope Valley throughout each episode and the way faith has played a key part in each of their lives through the guidance of their pastor, Joseph.

    I’m hoping this season will end with many viewers happy with it’s conclusion. Somehow.

    Blessings to all Hearties, Net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even watch the show and stopped some time back, but i knew they would drag out the triangle for years to come. Thats why she chose Lucas right away, even though it seemed more fans wanted Nathan. It seems to me they did that so they can drag on the Eliz/Nathan storyline for years, taking fans with them, all so they can end Lucas and Eliz for Eliz and the mountie. To me, that is why I didnt watch cause i feel i knew this way was the way they would go for more drama.

      I mean how can fans get invested in a long term couple, one in which are engaged and planning a life together, if she was going to flop back to the other guy? I know shows, movies, like to write a love story, one in which the couple have struggles and they make it thru and find their way back together and that makes it all a better love story. But you jerk around the fans of the other couple, and maybe E&L have got a lot more fans (from what I read).

      This is a common thing in dramas, having 2 people realize they were meant to be but taking years and other men or women to let that come to light. And when the show went with the man that clearly wasn't favored in the fans dept, i had a feeling this was where it was going.

      They will probably drag it on for a few more years anyway.....

      Sabrina

      Delete
  24. I watched Retreat To You, and I really liked it. I did not ever see the Nature of Love movie with Emilie Ullerup and Chris Russell, so I didnt really see this as a similar movie to that.

    I LOVE Emilie Ullerup, her acting is on par, and she is so good with facial expressions, and she is just a fantastic actress. I have loved her acting since she started on HM, I can't remember if CS came before Hearts of Christmas or not. But Bree was one of my favorites on CS cause of her.

    I liked the fact that SEan & Abby were just BF's before, not old loves. Not at all an uncommon or unheard-of reason they never got together, one thought the other didnt feel the same way and Sean thought she was back with her ex. Abby is afraid to love or commit, and she plays that well.

    I liked how they did kiss a few times in the movie, i hate when people wait til the end. I liked that the movie was very grown up, I mean it would be hard to think your relationship could work when 1) you are different people than before and 2) you live 5 hours away.

    I am a sucker for movies when they go to a retreat or a ranch or mountain cabin setting, if done well. And this was done well. Not a fan of the island retreats or getaways or the winter getaway retreats, but the summer and fall I LOVE!!!

    Peter Mooney was great, loved him and Emilie's chemistry. So happy to have David Lewis in a movie, and Meghan Heffern was a delight. Nice to see her not playing the other woman like she was in Winter Castle. A great all around cast, and a great movie. I would like to think Abby and Sean do work out in the future, although I am just glad it wasn't just instant get together.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net