Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, May 10, 2024

๐ŸŒนHappy Mother's Day Weekend - Enjoy a New Movie, Marathons, and More!๐ŸŒน #MothersDay *SEE HERE:



Happy weekend, friends!

I pray those of you observing Mother's Day this Sunday will have an enjoyable time and a lovely celebration. (Please note... I will share more on this at the end of this post.)

As for the new programming this Saturday and Sunday, the Hallmark Channel is diving into *Countdown to Summer* with an all-new adventure film, A Whitewater Romance, starring Cindy Busby and Benjamin Hollingsworth; plus, an all-new When Calls the Heart on Sunday night has an unwanted visitor and more trouble with the resort project. However, in more uplifting news, in case you haven't heard, When Calls the Heart has been renewed for Season 12 - see details here.

Blue Ridge: The Series ends its first season with a finale that Actor/Executive Producer Johnathon Schaech (who portrays Sheriff Justin Wise) says is "going to rock your world and hopefully make you chuckle." The finale episode has two guest stars, Erin Cahill (A Timeless Christmas, Love, Fall, & Order, Mystery 101) and Ethan Embry (Sweet Home Alabama, Vegas Vacation). Erin's character, Beth Yates, reminds me a lot of her role on Mystery 101, as she portrays Justin's ex-girlfriend and an FBI agent. Ethan Embry starred with Johnathon Schaech in the movie That Thing You Do, and he's a young actor in one of my all-time favorite classic Christmas movies, All I Want for Christmas. However, he certainly isn't playing the same nice, boy-next-door type of character in this thrilling, suspenseful, finale episode of Blue Ridge.

See more details below on the Blue Ridge: The Series finale, plus the new movie, A Whitewater Romance, When Calls the Heart, special marathons for Mother's Day, and more...



*******************



Saturday, May 11, 2024:




Storyline: Maya attends an exclusive business retreat in the Rocky Mountains where she meets Matt who, initially, is her competitor. As they're forced to pair up, an unlikely connection begins to evolve.

Premieres Saturday, May 11, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel


*******************



Sunday, May 12, 2024:

Season Finale

Storyline: Justin's world is rocked when his ex-wife and daughter are held hostage at the Blue Ridge police station by an angry army veteran. Desperate to keep his family safe, Justin surrenders his gun and locks himself in with the hostages.

Season Finale
Airs Sunday, May 12, 2024
at 8pm/7c. on the Cowboy Way Channel



*******************



Sunday, May 12, 2024:





Episode 6 - “Believe” :

Storyline: Elizabeth confronts an imposing figure from her past with Nathan’s support. Rosemary helps Lee navigate a new leadership role. Lucas struggles to find bidders for his resort project.

Airs Sunday, May 12, 2024
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel



*******************



Programming Notes:



FETV:

Special Mother's Day Marathon of Leave it to Beaver...
Leave it to June!

Click Here to Enlarge Schedule





Cozi TV-

Ma-A-Thon (marathon) of Litte House on the Prairie

Saturday from 11am - 8pm




TCM-

I Remember Mama (1948)
Airs Sunday at 8pm/7c.

Storyline: Norwegian immigrants face the trials of family life in turn-of-the-century San Francisco. Stars Irene Dunne.




UPtv:

Movies Return on Saturdays and Sundays

from 11am to 11pm on Saturday
from 1pm to 11pm on Sunday

Movies included: Country Hearts, Love on Fire, Sweet as Maple Syrup, Sweet on You, The Happy Camper and more!



Hallmark Channel-

Fa-La-La-Fridays:

Everything Christmas - 7pm
The Santa Summit - 9pm


Hallmark's Sunday Mom-Com-A-Thon includes classic movies that honor Mommas and Grandmothers on Sunday, Mother's Day...

A Scottish Love Theme - 9am
An Easter Bloom - 11am
The Presence of Love - 1pm
Dating the Delaneys - 3pm
Field Day - 5pm
A Whitewater Romance - 7pm (Encore)
When Calls the Heart - 9pm (New Episode)
The Perfect Catch - 10pm




Hallmark Mystery:

Aurora Teagarden Mysteries Marathon-
Airs Saturday and Sunday!

Starring Candace Cameron Bure (as Aurora 'Roe' Teagarden) and Marilu Henner (as her mother, Aida Teagarden)



*******************



I hope you all have a nice, pleasant weekend. And for those of you who are celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday... a very, very Happy Mother's Day to You All! God's Blessings to You and All of the Mommas and Grandmothers who visit here.

For those of you whose Mothers or Grandmothers are no longer with you, I pray you will recall many sweet memories... that bring you joy.

As I end this post, I want to include a special *Happy Mother's Day* to my Precious Momma! She and my Daddy have always given me and my siblings immeasurable love, and I am forever grateful. Their devotion is a gift from God every day, a reflection of His love for all His children! God Bless You, Momma... you are Everything to me, my dearest Friend and Encourager... I LOVE YOU with ALL My HEART!!!


Have a Blessed, 
Beautiful Weekend, Everyone!
Cherish your moments & memories,
Net


๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน


SHINING HIS LIGHT:

“Her children rise up 
and call her blessed.”
~ Proverbs 31:28




31 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Net.

    Happy Mother’s Day this weekend to all the moms who visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!

    I'll be checking out Cindy's new movie. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post Net! Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers on here, it is the hardest job in the world. As someone who used to work and is now a stay-at-home mom, I can say it is 100% more work than when I had an 8-5 job! But it has taught me how to be more like Jesus, to love and give of myself daily, serving my family. Praying everyone has a relaxing weekend with family & friends ๐Ÿ˜Š
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a teenager I was blessed to babysit a Christian family of 6 kids who went to my church(who were more like little nephews and nieces to me since I was there when they were born) One day, their oldest, 4 years old at the time looked at his little brother and told him "Moms don't work." It was adorable and funny, considering how much moms work, but inside the home.๐Ÿ˜Š

      Also, my sisters and I always get asked the question "what career do you you want one day." We get odd looks from people of the world, but what we want is to be a stay at home wife and mother. What a great gift you are to your family Paula! Sadly we less and less of stay at home moms even in Christian families. I pray you have a relaxing weekend yourself!

      Delete
    2. Abigail, That is a beautiful life goal! And, oh my, that little boy has no clue... being a Momma is the hardest job on earth!

      Hope you and your family had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    3. Thank you Abigail, you are so sweet! I never, ever thought I would be a stay at home mom, I went to college right after high school and got a business degree. Fast forward to Covid, I really felt like God was putting it in my heart to be home with my baby while she was young (she was 2 at the time) and then we became pregnant with our 2nd baby and my husband and I felt this was really God telling us my place was at home to raise our babies. I do miss those uninterrupted bathroom breaks at work and getting to eat my food when it’s hot Lol, but it’s such a blessing to be able to raise your children. That’s awesome that God has already put that in your heart! Your story about the little boy made me laugh too because our daughter just started kindergarten and she made me a Mother’s Day poem and it was so hilarious, she put that i take care of her & her brother all day and that my favorite things are watching Hallmark and drinking coffee, if only I could do that all day!
      ~Paula

      Delete
  4. I thought the same thing you did, Net, when I saw the last episode of Blue Ridge. Erin Cahill is just replaying her role from Mystery 101. That’s fine; but I did find it odd. Sort of out of place, almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mention of "Leave it to Beaver". That show makes me joyful inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, "Leave it to Beaver" always gives me the same feeling... I especially love at the end of the episode when they play that soft music when there is a resolution to the story. When I hear that music play, I'm a goner! :)

      Caught a few episodes yesterday as we had it playing in the background. I love how this show appeals to all ages.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  6. Hi Net, Wishing you and all the moms here a very Happy Mother's Day. My mom is with the Lord. She was a wonderful, loving mom and I miss her every day. I am now the remaining mom and my family makes it a lovely day. I am so thankful for them. xo, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, Bless you, honey. My heart has been close to those of you who were missing your Momma on Mother's Day, as I was also thinking of my own parents, who were missing theirs dearly. So glad you were surrounded by the love of family and sweet memories! Blessings to you and yours! Hugs, Net

      Delete
  7. A very Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms out there (and I know there are many)! May God bless you abundantly on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. June Cleaver and Caroline Ingalls are two of TVs best moms. I grew up on these shows in reruns, so It’s nice to see them do these marathons. If only we had more mothers like them nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's out there! Words can not express how thankful I am to the Lord for my mom who shows how much she loves us by her love and serving heart and her desire for her children to live godly lives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not hear that! Season 12!!! I'm so excited now!!

    Can't wait to watch the Mr. Higgins episode. It's a different actor, but he does a good job sounding like the original. The book version Mr. Higgins scene is sooo funny. If you hadn't read the series yet, give it a try. Elizabeth plans to meet him(who is sloppy looking) to discuss where she is to teach, but he assumes they are going to get married and he blurts out his view of their future. It's hilarious.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Special update tonight from Bill Abbott's latest email:

    -Christmas in July WILL happen, and on Monday, July 29th, Mondays will be kicking off 7 weeks of Pure Flix movies coming to the network! 1st 2 titles: God's Country Song and Heaven Sent.

    -At the end of the email, there was also important info on why they often have to air the older shows instead of the movies. (it has to do with the shows getting higher ratings then the movies, and they need to impress the ad folks who put in money to the network, and the cable operators don't pay them to carry their channels.)

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, Thank you posting this. I also received this important update from Bill Abbott. I was hoping the movies would come sooner, but glad we can look forward to Christmas in July and movies from then on (hopefully) until the end of the year!!! ~Net

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, Maria. So happy to see that there will be "Christmas in July" on GAF channel also.

      Delete
    3. Net, So do you think that we won't see any new movie till then?

      Delete
    4. Honestly, it's hard to say, but the movies during Christmas in July may only be past Christmas movies. I haven't heard, yet, if they will premiere any NEW movies then.

      Delete
    5. Hi Maria,

      Thanks for the post. I am excited! And, I have seen "Heaven Sent" and it is a sweet, moving film. Broke my heart in a million pieces, in a good way. Sad but uplifting. Superb acting all around.

      Delete
  12. Joyce in CarolinaSaturday, May 11, 2024

    Happy Mothers Day to all the great ladies who visit here!! I hope all of you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Whitewater Romance is a fun, clean movie! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Mother's Day Moms!

    A friend of mine told me last night that she saw on the Hallmark channel (Saturday night) a blurb at bottom of screen that said something about Christmas in July on Hallmark Channel for Saturday, July 6th. Anyone else see this and can confirm?

    What I am guessing is the July 6th blurb my friend saw was a mention for a NEW Christmas in July movie on Saturday, July 6th (YAYYY!!!). I'm guessing this since Christmas in July on Hallmark Channel starts on June 28th. I hope that someone can confirm this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, Thank you for sharing this interesting news! I'm always on the hunt, too, for any Christmas movie news.

      From what I can tell, so far, it looks like the Hallmark Channel will begin their Christmas movies on June 28th. (see the Christmas Schedule - here) Course, there could still be some schedule changes/shifts before then.

      But what your friend said left me very, VERY curious, so I went back to check and the closest thing I can find is this blurb - see here.

      Since it flashes on the screen rather quickly, do you think she probably only saw Christmas Movies Starting 7/6 - and instead of 7pm/6 central, could she have thought it meant 7/6 - July 6th???

      Hopefully, I solved this mystery for ya, but even still, since July 6th just so happens to land on a Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Hallmark Channel ended up having a new Christmas movie that weekend. If not that weekend (since it's so close to the 4th), then likely the next.

      Have a Merry Day! :)
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Great detective work Net! I showed my friend the picture you shared, and she said YES, that's what it was. She took the 7/6 time to mean the date when seeing the quick blurb. Problem solved. Thanks Net. Hopefully we will get a few new Christmas movies in July like last year.

      Delete
  15. Happy Mother’s Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. New show coming to Hallmark called The Chicken Sisters. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net