Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, March 8, 2024

WINNERS REVEALED! 31ST ANNUAL MOVIEGUIDE FAITH & VALUES AWARDS GALA




Press Release via Sundari Relations:

LORI LOUGHLIN, DENNIS QUAID, 
JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM,
JESUS REVOLUTION, AND MORE 
TAKE HOME HONORS AT
31ST ANNUAL MOVIEGUIDE 
FAITH & VALUES AWARDS GALA

TREVOR DONOVAN AND 
DANICA MCKELLAR HOST
STAR-STUDDED EVENING
AS THEY CELEBRATED 
INSPIRATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT
WITH SPECIAL MUSIC PERFORMANCES
BY DENNIS QUAID AND
GRAMMY- NOMINATED ARTIST
BLESSING OFFOR


[LOS ANGELES, March. 7, 2024] – Movieguide ®, the number one family for movies and television shows, gathered some of entertainment’s biggest stars in the heart of Hollywood to celebrate cinema at its 31st Annual MOVIEGUIDE® Faith & Values Awards Gala & Report. The broadcast aired this evening at 8pm ET on Great American Family.

Movie and television winners of the night included:

Best Family Movie - Super Mario Bros Movie

Best Family TV - A Paris Christmas Waltz

Best Movie for Mature Audiences - Jesus Revolution

Best TV for Mature Audiences - Chicago P.D. “New Life”

Faith & Freedom Award for Movies - Sound of Freedom

Faith & Freedom Award for TV - A Million Miles Away

Grace Prize for Movie Performance - Dennis Quaid for “On a Wing and a Prayer”

Grace Prize for TV Performance - Lori Loughlin for “A Christmas Blessing”

Visionary Award- Brad Krevoy, Emmy Award-Winning Producer

Epiphany Prize for TV - Divine Influencer

Epiphany Prize for Movies - Journey to Bethlehem


The star-studded event was hosted by Great American Family’s Trevor Donovan and Danica McKellar who shared the stage with fellow actors and filmmakers, including Candace Cameron Bure, Lori Loughlin, Cameron Mathison, Matthew Morrison, Jen Lilley, Eric Close, Jack Wagner, Corbin Bernsen, Pat Boone, Donna Mills, Mike Rowe, Jesse Hutch, and many more.

“I didn't ever see this happening…I love making movies, I'm really blessed to do what I love, so thank you.” shared Lori Loughlin as she received the Grace Prize for TV Performance for her role in “A Christmas Blessing.

The unforgettable evening included a captivating musical performance by Dennis Quaid, kicked off by calling his good friend and actor Kris Kristofferson on the phone:

“I am singing two songs for you tonight that they both have to do with Kris Kristofferson, who was the biggest box office star in 1974, 1975, and 1976, and I thought before I do this song I thought we could all call him,” as Quaid proceeded, he had the audience join him in saying ‘We love you Kris!’”

Additionally, two-time Grammy nominated artist Blessing Offor took the audience to church with his performance of his hit “Brighter Days”. The evening ended with a prayer lead by actress and Chief Creative Officer at Great American Family, Candace Cameron Bure.

Dr. Ted Baehr, executive producer and publisher of MOVIEGUIDE®, notes that, “This was the most entertaining, enthusiastic and blessed MOVIEGUIDE® in 31 years. I am grateful for God’s grace and everyone involved who made it great!”

“Content that is inspiring is foundational to the Great American brand,” said Bill Abbott, President & CEO, Great American Media. “It is an honor to work with Ted and the team at MovieGuide Awards to showcase and celebrate the highest quality family friendly entertainment.” Abbott concluded.

The 31st Annual Movieguide Faith & Values Awards Gala took place on Friday, February 9th at the iconic Avalon Theatre in Hollywood and debuted on Great American Family at 8pm ET earlier this evening. Great American Family will replay the Gala Awards several times before the program goes to streaming.

For more information on the MOVIEGUIDE® Annual Faith & Values Awards Gala & Report to the Entertainment Industry, please visit www.movieguideawards.com.

###

Media Contact:

Movieguide
Christina Garvin
Christina@sundaripr.com

Great American Family
Pam Slay
pamslay@gacmedia.com




Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees for the 31st Annual Movieguide Awards, and a special thank you to Movieguide for honoring films that exemplify faith and wholesome content!

God's Blessings to you all,
Net

11 comments:

  1. Soooo happy that A Paris Christmas Waltz and the Super Mario Bros movie won! And also especially proud of Lori and Brad. :) Live Tweeting this was so fun, and I hope they air this again next year. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why they handed Matthew Morrison a trophy πŸ† at 31st Annual Movieguide Awards

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did they handed Matthew Morrison trophy πŸ† backstage when he & Jen Lilley walked onstage when Matthew held the envelope & trophy?

    What did Jen Lilley & Matthew said when they handed him
    A trophy backstage? Bummer, about closed caption?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis Quaid sings I’m Fallen on 31st Annual Movieguide Awards


    https://youtu.be/d5NtRvd75So?si=gwN5WgRCA6_1h_y8

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I had a lot of problems with this show. I mean, I love the idea of having a faith and values awards show, but I found many of the nominees to be questionable (especially when it came to the theatrical releases), I thought many faith-based movies were left out, some of the categories seemed overlapping, and - I know I am really in the minority here - I did not find Lori Laughlin's performance in A Christmas Blessing to be an award-winning one at all. Anyway, that's my one-and-a-half cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark 25 - I've often wondered each year when I see the Movieguide nominees why some movies/series are chosen over others.

      "When Calls the Heart" won two awards back in 2018, but has not been recognized, to my knowledge, since. Also, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" has never been nominated, and I reached out to Movieguide to suggest the show, but I received no response. It's truly baffling that they wouldn't have honored SSD most of all in past years, especially since Martha Williamson is well-known in the entertainment industry as the creator of "Touched by an Angel."

      And while I thought "A Christmas Blessing" deserved it's nom, (I thought that was actually GFAM's most inspiring Christmas movie of the holiday season), I also felt other Great American Family inspirational movies could've been nominated, as well, like "Twas the Text Before Christmas," "My Christmas Hero," and "A Christmas for the Ages."

      And some Hallmark movies that included faith, could've been nominated, too, like "The Blessing Bracelet," "Heaven Down Here," and "Miracle in Bethlehem, PA."

      Also, did the editing bother you? It was obvious so many speeches and intros were cut. It felt, at times, like I was watching the show in fast-forward.

      Delete
    2. Net, yes, I think the fact that none of those three worthy Hallmark movies were nominated was the most upsetting thing to me - it felt like the award show made a definite point of excluding Hallmark and its stars. (So much for being a fair awards show!) And I couldn't believe GAF's My Christmas Hero wasn't nominated at all while A Paris Christmas Waltz was nominated a couple of times.

      I noticed that about the editing as well - many of the speeches were definitely cut. That I can understand, but they could have made it less obvious. So for all of these reasons, the show was a big disappointment for me.

      Delete
    3. Despite the fact that i like A Christmas Blessing i have to agree about Lori's performance. I think that it was Jesse whom carried that whole movie on his shoulders. And, it's just my pet peeve but i can't overlook her table manners in that restaurant scene.

      Delete
  6. I was ecstatic to see Lori Loughlin win this award! I think she and Jesse both deserved to win, but maybe next time, Jesse. What made it even better tho was Jack Wagner’s praise for his former When Calls the Heart co-star after her acceptance speech.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie B, Yes!!! It was wonderful to see Lori's win and hear her heartfelt acceptance speech! Plus, I also loved hearing her thoughts backstage, as well, on what winning this award meant to her.

      Also, I agree, it was fantastic when Jack Wagner shouted out after Lori spoke. So sweet!!! That made my *Hearties* heart very happy!!!! I sure hope Jack Wagner comes to GFAM one day and works with Lori again. :)

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net