Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, August 18, 2023

🌟A Star is Born🌟 What to *Expect* on TV This Weekend πŸ‘‰πŸ‘‰ SEE HERE:




Hello, Movie Friends!

I hope you all have a fun weekend ahead. If you have some downtime at home, there are lots of interesting movie options on Great American Family and Hallmark that I'll share with you below. Perhaps, one or more will appeal to you.

I'm most excited this weekend to see the arrival of Rosemary and Lee's little baby in "When Calls the Heart" on Sunday night. Do you have any guesses on whether the baby is a boy or a girl? I share my guess at the end of this post.

Please note: The first movie I mention below includes a caution; please be sure to read before viewing.

Check out all of the new movie details...




************************



Friday, August 18, 2023:




Storyline: When Helen’s (Rachel Boston) husband unexpectedly asks for a separation just after they’ve dropped off their daughter at college, she struggles to navigate her new-found single status. Thanks to a stray dog who enters her life and the friendship of a helpful veterinarian (Warren Christie), Helen rediscovers her strength and begins to forge a new path.

Premieres Friday, August 18, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries


*The More Love Grows encores Sunday night at 7pm/6c.

*Caution: After seeing the promotion for this movie, it is not clear whether Rachel Boston's character, Helen, pursues a relationship with someone new, while being separated from her husband, but still legally married. Perhaps, there is a progression of time, and they are divorced after her husband walked out on her? This information is uncertain, but I wanted to be certain to acknowledge and mention this before watching.



************************



Saturday, August 19, 2023:




Storyline: In Stepping Into Love, a conventional curator facing financial crises (Jenna Michno) works with an avant-garde artist (Christian Howard) to develop an unconventional exhibit.

Premieres Saturday, August 19, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family


************************



Saturday, August 19, 2023:




Storyline: Camila’s (Alexa PenaVega) busy schedule at the dental practice where she works has left her exhausted and with little time for a life outside of her patient load. When she meets Javi (Carlos PenaVega), a substitute teacher at the school where Camila’s mother Sherri (Miller) works, she takes him up on his offer to join the Spanish class he teaches on the side so she can finally learn the language of her late father. Sparks fly as Javi helps Camila connect with her Mexican roots and, with her 30th birthday around the corner, Javi encourages Camila to mark this milestone with a “double quinceaΓ±era” to honor her Hispanic heritage. Not one for big parties, she’s hesitant at first but ultimately decides to take the plunge and celebrate in style.

Premieres Saturday, August 19, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel


*Never Too Late to Celebrate encores Sunday night at 7pm/6c.



************************


Sunday, August 20, 2023:

Season 10 - Episode 4




Storyline: The Coulter baby is late, but Faith (Andrea Brooks) assures them everything is fine. By the time Rosemary (Pascale Hutton) goes into labor, the entire town is there to support her. Madeline tries to stay in Hope Valley.

Season 10 - Episode 4
airs Sunday, August 20, 2023
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel



************************



Monday, August 21, 2023:




Storyline: In Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, a wealthy businessman (Bart Johnson) learns of his daughter’s (Carrie Alexander) sudden engagement to a missionary and makes it his mission to make sure she is closer to home. When his efforts go awry, he is forced to reconsider what being a strong father really means.

Premieres Monday, August 21, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on Great American Family



************************



Programming Note:



* Hallmark Movies & Mysteries -

🌟AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES🌟
Saturday Movie Marathon
 Starring Candace Cameron Bure

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: AN INHERITANCE TO DIE FOR - 11am

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: A VERY FOUL PLAY - 1pm

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: HEIST AND SEEK - 3pm

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO DEADLY - 5pm

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: HOW TO CON A CON - 7pm

πŸ”Ž AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: TIL DEATH DO US PART - 9pm



************************


I hope you all enjoy some of the new movies this weekend. I'm most curious to see Stepping Into Love and Never Too Late to Celebrate. Please share your movie picks in comments.

Please note: I haven't pre-screened the new movies listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in the comments below.

My "When Calls the Heart" baby guess...

It appears we will have the arrival of Rosemary and Lee Coulter's baby this Sunday night on "When Calls the Heart." I originally thought the baby might be a boy, and they would name him after Lee's brother, Patrick, but since Elizabeth already has Little Jack, I'm wondering if perhaps they might go with a girl this time. Wouldn't it be sweet if they named the baby after the "When Calls the Heart" story creator, Janette Oke? I think that would be very nice, a perfect tribute to this wonderful Christian woman who inspired this heartwarming series with her frontier stories and books. Anyway, that's my hope, but it's only a guess. I would love to hear your guesses in the comments below.


Have a Blessed Weekend, Everyone!
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT ☀️

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. 
Before you were born I set you apart."
~Jeremiah 1:5

"Children are a gift from the Lord. 
They are a reward from Him."
~Psalms 127:3


48 comments:

  1. Soooo excited for WCTH!! I'm also guessing it's a girl.

    Also excited for Never Too late to Celebrate and GAF's new movie picks!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stepping Into Love is a great little movie but we watched it recenty and nothing else really appeals.

    With Jen Lilley having been on I've looked out Mingle All The Way and we're going to watch it tomorrow night.

    It's a real hoot from start to finish and she and Brant Daugherty are a great pairing - Florene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to watch The More Love to Grow tonight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Net- Love your thinking on the baby name. Let’s hope it’s a girl named Janette. 🧸
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ll be watching Never too Late to Celebrate and Strong Daughters Strong Fathers sounds interesting too. On another note, I have never watched When Calls The Heart but I think it’s cool that they do not know the gender of their baby and fans can guess what clues they have seen or what they think the baby will be. For both of our babies, my husband and I did not find out the gender until birth and it was the best thing ever, there are so few genuine surprises in life. If we have more children we will totally do it again. It kind of annoyed our family a little because they were so impatient but the doctor and nurses were so pumped when I went in to give birth because they said no one ever does this anymore 😊

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, How fun! I love when couples do that, as well. What a special memory! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh Net!! That would be incredible and would bring tears to my eyes if the name the baby Janette They are going to be great parents. I am leading towards baby girl. And I thought about his brother Patrick (which is also my brother's name ;), but Lee's sister named her own son Patrick. I cannot wait to see!!!!❤

    I think I will pass on the Rachel Boston movie just in case.

    Btw, at small group last Wednesday. I was talking with a friend. She told me she loves WCTH. I had a great time going over the whole series with her and I recommend this blog to her. Her name is Sarah and she's a beautiful and godly woman. And about to be a mama for the third time any day now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, How sweet of you to share my blog with your friend! I am so touched by this. I wish your friend well with the birth of her third precious baby! :)

      Delete
  7. SO can NOT watch anything with either of the PenaVegas and to have them together. Change channel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce in CarolinaFriday, August 18, 2023

    I'm guessing a girl too! If they did name her Janette we would have "Jack & Janette" for the WCTH babies. Pretty catchy Net!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Joyce! How sweet, Jack and Janette! I wonder if they would do Jill. ;)

      Delete
    2. Joyce in CarolinaMonday, August 21, 2023

      Abigail, I had not thought of Jill! That would be catchy...Jack and Jill. Since we now know it is a girl and they're making us wait till next week to find out, it seems to be a big deal. Maybe it will be Janette to honor the author.

      Delete
    3. Awww, Abigail and Joyce...
      Jill is a sweet idea, too! Love that - Jack and Jill!!!

      I have a feeling whatever they choose, the name will surely have some sort of family connection, such as Patricia, after Lee's brother Patrick, or perhaps, the name may even relate to the town. Maybe they will call her Hope, since she gave both Rosemary and Lee renewed hope for the future!

      I'm very curious now to know what her name will be! :)
      ~Net

      Delete
  9. The More Love Grow is family friendly about Just after Helen & her husband Paul return home from moving their daughter Aly into her college dorm, he breaks the unexpected news that he wants a separation. Not sure where to go from here, Helen struggles with her new-found single status. When an adorable, stray dog turns up on her doorstep, Helen reluctantly takes him in and dubs him Elmer… because he sticks to her like glue. He provides welcome company and also leads her to Ben is a veterinarian who helps her navigate first-time dog ownership. Slowly, Helen wiggles out of her comfort zone, rediscovers her inner strength & begins to rebuild her life as she starts down a new path full of promise and possibility. Aly meets Trevor while they study at the library. Aly comes home from college when she notices her parents’ checklist behind her back. Elmer runs away & he comes back home to Helen’s house. Helen & Ben bond with their dogs out for walking down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stepping into Love was great!

    As for the new sneak peaks front, there were 2:
    New trailer highlighting all the new Saturday night movies the next month and a half, and possibly showing new screencaps from the new Christmas lineup.

    There was also a new ad for Great American Autumn highlighting the big names's new movies.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, So happy to hear that you enjoyed Stepping into Love! I was visiting family on Saturday night, so I didn't get a chance to watch, yet. I did happen to catch the commercials you mentioned earlier in the day. I noticed when they showed Christmas, they only showed three actors - Candace Cameron Bure, Paul Greene, and Daniel Lissing. Since we know Candace and Paul have new Christmas movies, it makes one think Daniel probably does too. I wonder if he and Jillian Murray may have one together, but then again, they could be matched with lots of other actor/actress possibilities!

      Also, I loved that Great American Autumn promo! It really gave me all the Fall feels! :)

      Thank you for sharing! Blessings, Net

      Delete
  11. Stepping into Love is family friendly when I notice Allen owns his dog named Rocky is Scottie & Schnauzer mix, it’s looks like Rocky from Paw Patrol. They’re both have same name Rocky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never Too Late to Celebrate is family friendly about Camila & Javi plan a quinceanera-themed birthday party to honor her Hispanic Heritage. Camila celebrates double quinceanera

    ReplyDelete
  13. Net, that antique doll above looks like one my mom had. I’ve only seen it in a picture, but it looks nearly the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that is so sweet that this antique doll looks like your mom's doll. They used to make dolls so beautiful and special, with bonnets and long flowy dresses. I wish they would do that now, but sadly, I'm not sure most little girls today would be interested. ~Net

      Delete
  14. Quick Q: Has anyone gotten any emails from Bill Abbott in the last couple of weeks? -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, The last email I received from Bill Abbott was on August 13th. You might want to check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.

      The email mentions the Summer movies, a potential podcast, new title for Destined for Christmas 2, etc...

      Hope this helps.
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  15. THE MORE LOVE GROWS (clean) **some spoilers**
    I have to say I didn’t like the story line about divorce and the beginning felt a bit awkward especially the way the marriage ended. I had a feeling that it was sort of “promoting” divorce. Rachel and Warren’s character’s new “friendship” did start before Rachel and her husband legally divorced. She was already served the divorce paper though, and it was just friendship at that point for Rachel (although Warren wanted more). But the whole thing still didn’t sit well with me to be honest. Both Rachel and Warren are fine as couple and had a pretty good chemistry (no kiss though I think, unless I missed it?). I guess this was just not a typical Hallmark movie overall and not my cup of tea, but I guess everyone’s walk of life is different and this could work for others. Not a keeper for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CH Mom, I appreciate this review and getting your perspective on this. I understand how you feel about divorce; it is a very sad situation for couples and families.

      Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I always enjoy hearing from you.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  16. Oh man, there's not enough words to describe how lovely Episode 4 was, that's how much I loved it!! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I wholeheartedly agree! The birth of Rosemary and Lee's precious baby in this episode was truly something special and meaningful.

      Delete
  17. Never too late was great! I love Alexa and Carlos together, I think it’s sweet that they are married and get to make movies together. I really felt for the mom and how much she missed her life with her husband, and I like how mother and daughter encouraged each other. I think the change up at the end was nice, as most endings have the person canceling their plans but she said she was still choosing to move to Mexico. Also had no idea Carlos was a singer, he has a very nice voice. I didn’t recall anything, so I feel it is family friendly.

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, Thank you for sharing this wonderful review for Never Too Late To Celebrate with us! So good to hear how much you enjoyed it. I always enjoy when Alexa and Carlos work together too.

      By the way, Carlos PenaVega also sings in the Hallmark movies, "Love at Sea" and "Love in the Limelight" and in real-life he is a member of the music group, Big Time Rush.

      Thank you, again, for sharing!!! :)
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  18. GAF’s “Stepping Into Love” is a family-friendly, lighthearted, and predictable rom-com. The chemistry between the conventional art museum curator (Jenna Michno) and the avant-garde artist (Christian Howard) is engaging, and the story unfolds in the beautiful Miami Beach area. It’s definitely worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MPT, Thank you for sharing this delightful movie review for “Stepping Into Love” with us; it is much appreciated. :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  19. I wasn't able to watch episode 4 of WCTH. Still going through logging in issues. I was able to catch the first 3 on YouTube, but nothing this time. I really want to watch it in order, so I might wait until it's on dvd, which makes me sad......but I did cheat and watch a clip. I just had to know if it was a boy or girl...GIRL!!🌼🍭🍼🎠(those were the only baby girl emojis I could find ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I'm sure you will instantly love the episode as soon as you're able to see it! The baby girl is absolutely precious. We didn't see her very long in this episode, but I'm looking forward to more next week! Maybe, when you can log back in, you can binge-watch a little and catch up. Love your baby girl emoji's, especially the carousel!!! 🎠

      That reminds me... While they are all waiting for the baby to arrive, sweet little Jack rides on his rocking horse in episode 4, which I thought was a sweet touch since it was a gift from Rosemary and Lee.

      Blessings, Net 🍭
      (love that lollipop emoji, too!)

      Delete
  20. PureFlix will make another movie based on the books; Strong Mothers, Strong Sons by Meg Meeker MD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters is family friendly about Steve Parston attempts to eat chocolate habanero cake. It’s so spicy πŸ₯΅πŸŒΆ️. They may get him milk, water, not champagne 🍾 but he’s licking chocolate fountain. It’s make me laugh

    Chocolate habanero pepper is hotter than a regular habanero

    ReplyDelete
  22. “The More Love Grows” is a family-friendly yet unconventional Hallmark rom-com that addresses the unexpected break-up of a 20-year marriage and how adopting a stray dog helps the woman (Rachel Boston) cope with life on her own. Without any experience as a pet owner, she seeks the help and advice of a single-dad/veterinarian, who of course takes an interest in her. I enjoyed the story and casting, but felt sad at the husband’s unreasonable determination to end the marriage as soon as their daughter left for college, and then the Boston’s unwillingness to reconcile things when her husband realized the separation was a mistake. I kept thinking this story might be a set-up for a sequel because Boston’s romance with the vet was just getting started as the movie ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MPT, I appreciate you sharing your take on The More Love Grows. It seems a lot of viewers are troubled by this story and the quick decision to end their marriage. If this is a set-up for more movies, I wonder if there is an audience who would be interested in that???

      I shared your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/06/hallmark-announces-august-2023-movie.html

      Thank you for sharing with us. :)
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Net. Regarding a sequel, I would certainly be interested to see how the romance developed, and how the daughter navigated life at college. I thought the casting was good and the characters interesting.

      Delete
  23. Hi Net,

    I have missed you and this blog! :-) I have been away, on vacation, so I spent all of my time visiting family and relaxing. No computer's went with me. :-) So, I am finally caught up on recent movies. I watched "Never Too Late to Celebrate" which I really enjoyed. I normally don't like Alexa and Carlos, together in movies, but I did like them in that movie. I forget sometimes, how natural of an actress Alexa is. She was really good in that movie. I also watched "The More Love Grows" which I did not enjoy that much. It was tedious and corny and I did not like the storyline with the Veterinarian since she was still legally married. Plus, I tried to watch "A Safari Romance" but sadly only was able to get through about fifteen minutes before I lost interest. That movie bored me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great vacation Joan! We are happy to have you back!❤

      Delete
    2. Joan, That's awesome you were tech free on your vacation! What a wonderful way to spend quality time with family.

      I so appreciate you giving this update on the recent movies you watched. It's good to get your perspective. I felt the same about A Safari Romance, but I somehow stayed with it and watched it in segments - over the course of three or four days. Anyway, the ending was super cheesy, so in my opinion, you didn't miss anything.

      It's especially nice to hear how much you enjoyed Never Too Late to Celebrate! I've been hoping that one would be good. :)

      I posted your reviews for all three movies here...
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/06/hallmark-announces-august-2023-movie.html

      Thank you so much! :)
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    3. Hi Abigail! Thank you so much for the sweet compliment! I really appreciate it. :-) This blog is my favorite place to visit and I enjoy reading posts from you and others. I feel safe here. :-) Anyway, yes, we had a lovely vacation. My Aunt lives in Colorado Springs and we had such a wonderful visit with her. Faith is very important to her. She said a blessing before each meal we shared together. I love my home state of KY but Colorado holds a special place in my heart.

      Delete
    4. Hi Net,

      You are welcome. Thanks for the additional info on 'A Safari Romance'. It does sound like I did not miss much. I normally enjoy Andrew and Brittany, in their movies, but not that one. I forgot to mention some other things I enjoyed about 'Never too Late to Celebrate'. I really liked her friend. She was hilarious. I also liked her mom. The songs Carlos sang were beautiful. He has nice voice. On another note: I respect Carlos and Alexa tremendously. They are conservative couple who is not afraid to share their feelings on faith and God. :-)

      Delete
    5. I feel the same way Joan. This is a special blog. I feel so close to you all, my online brothers and sisters in Christ! I'm glad you had a good time. We have a family here at church who is originally from Colorado and they always have nice things to say.

      Delete
  24. Absolutely loved Strong Fathers Strong Daughters! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I did too. At the end, the dad had tears in his eyes. He loved his daughter so much. Strong Fathers Strong Daughters is a keeper for me.

      Delete
  25. I really enjoyed GAF’s “Dream Wedding”, which as rom-coms go, was a little light on romance, but heavy on farcical comedy. Jesse Hutch did his usual amazing job playing a shy photographer who is smitten with the winner of a $100,000 dream wedding, played by Rebecca Dalton. The problem is she does not even have a boyfriend, much less a fiancΓ© when she won the contest. There is plenty of family-friendly humor and lots of hijinks, so long as you’re in the mood for lighthearted entertainment. And if you’re a fan of Rebecca Dalton, I thought she was absolutely stunning in every scene.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net