Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, June 9, 2023

This Weekend in TV Movies: πŸ’ Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue... πŸ’




The Hallmark Channel continues this weekend with *something new*... their second June Weddings movie premiere!

If you'd like to watch *something old*... there are many older classics- including Christmas movies, rom-coms, and mysteries, airing Friday through Sunday.

The *something borrowed*... would be the characters from the original "Aurora Teagarden" series.

And *something blue*... would be the beautiful water seen in "Love's Greek to Me."

See all of the movie details below...



πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’


Saturday, June 10, 2023:

On Saturday the Hallmark Channel has a full day of destination rom-com's leading up to the premiere of...





Storyline: When Ilana travels to Santorini with her Greek boyfriend Mike for his sister Alex’s wedding, she’s thrilled to be asked to be her American Maid of Honor. Mike surprises Ilana by proposing, leaving Ilana caught in the whirlwind created by his well-meaning and overly enthusiastic mother, Athena.

Premieres Saturday, June 10, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel


πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’



Programming Notes...




Friday, June 9, 2023: 

Christmas Movie Classics:
(Schedule - Eastern Standard Time)

Call Me Mrs. Miracle - Great American Family - 8pm

Christmas in Tahoe - Hallmark Channel - 8pm






Friday, June 9, 2023:
 
Following a mini "Aurora Teagarden" marathon on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, starring Candace Cameron Bure, from 5-9pm EST., is the premiere of "Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New," with Skyler Samuels as young Aurora Teagarden at 9pm EST.

"Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New" Storyline: Young Aurora Teagarden returns home to Lawrenceton after college to pursue her post-grad degree and finds herself embroiled in a mystery involving her friend Sally's fiancΓ©.

Since they are doing this new "Aurora Teagarden" movie without Candace Cameron Bure and recasting other key characters, as well, including younger versions of Sally and Arthur, this movie is a pass personally for me. Please share if you plan to watch the new "Aurora Teagarden" in comments below.







Saturday, June 10, 2023:

For those of you who have expressed interest in the "Blue Ridge" TV series that is coming to the Cowboy Way Channel in either late 2023 or early 2024, I wanted you to know INSP will have an encore showing of the original "Blue Ridge" film this weekend - Saturday morning at 12am EST. - midnight!

Plus, the Cowboy Way Channel is airing "Blue Ridge" three times this weekend, Friday at 8pm and Saturday at 4am and 12pm EST.

"Blue Ridge" Storyline: Ex-Green Beret, Justin Wise, leaves his dangerous life to be nearer his ex-wife and young daughter to become the sheriff of a sleepy, small town cut out of the Blue Ridge Mountains. But his quiet life is soon disrupted when he finds himself fighting to keep this mountain community from exploding into violence. (Please note: This film is rated TV-PG-13.)




Saturday, June 10, 2023 and Sunday, June 11, 2023:

An "Aurora Teagarden" Marathon, starring Candace Cameron Bure, continues Saturday and Sunday on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries! 

See the marathon Saturday, 11am - 11pm and Sunday, 11am - 7pm, followed by an encore airing of "Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New" at 7pm and "The Dancing Detective: A Deadly Tango" at 9pm EST.





Friday, June 9, 2023 - Sunday, June 11, 2023:

Recommended Classic Rom-Com's:

The Winter Palace - Great American Family - Friday at 6pm

Hearts Down Under - Hallmark Channel - Saturday at 10am

Pearl in Paradise - Hallmark Channel - Saturday at 2pm

How to Fall in Love - Hallmark Drama - Saturday at 5pm

Love, Romance & Chocolate - Hallmark Channel - Saturday at 6pm

Elevator Girl - UPtv - Sunday at 1pm

The Wedding Veil Journey - Hallmark Channel - Sunday at 8pm

Just Jake - UPtv - Sunday at 9pm




Weekend thoughts...

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend ahead. For those of you who have been affected by the smoke coming down from the wildfires in Canada, I sure hope it lifts, and blue skies will return soon for you. Our skies have been somewhat hazy here in the Midwest, but nothing like the orange sky images I've seen on TV and social media from New York and other surrounding states. That is so eerie looking.

I'm also hoping and praying we will receive some much-needed rain this weekend. We've been in a drought for some time now, and the crops here on our family farm certainly need moisture; everything is so dry and dusty. Are any of you experiencing this, as well? Some family members are experiencing dry, scratchy eyes, and we're not sure if that's due to the lack of rain or haze. Our sweet white kitty was playing in the yard, and due to the dry, dusty conditions, he came back mostly gray! Poor thing. I tried to clean him up, but as you know, water and kitty cats don't mix!

Not sure I'll get the chance to watch the new June Weddings movie over the weekend due to plans, but my DVR is already set. Do you plan to watch it or something else?

Please Note: I haven't screened the new movies. If you'd like to share a review after they air, please do so in comments below...

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!
Net

☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT ☀️

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."
~Psalm 143:8


36 comments:

  1. I might watch Love’s Greek to Me. Definitely a pass on Aurora Teagarden. Knowing Aurora and Arthur don’t end up together would be weird, plus only CCB can play Aurora in my mind. Very dry here in Michigan and hazy, but we’re supposed to have rain showers Sunday and Monday. I certainly hope so!
    Jennifer R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce in CarolinaFriday, June 09, 2023

    I will not be watching the new Aurora Teagraden mystery. Actually I have watched very little of anything new on HMM since they dropped so many good mysteries with no closure and are replacing them with what seems to me from previews and comments mediocre programming. I do watch most of the old ones when they air. Have really enjoyed seeing Garage Sale Mysteries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching much better stuff this weekend. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Everyone!
    I will be tuning into the new Aurora Teagarden movie because curiosity has me intrigued…I will also be watching Love’s Greek to Me, the soon to be mother in law reminds me of mine ;) I hope you get some rain Net! We are in CA & our allergies are horrible, we can’t escape it. I did record some of the Sign Sealed Delivered from the recent marathon, believe it or not I had never watched them! I have watched 3 so far & am loving the quirky characters.
    Have a blessed weekend everyone 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've found Signed, Sealed, Delivered! It absolutely is the very best series on Hallmark. As you continue watching, you will fall even more in love with the adorable (and quirky) postable detectives. And if you want to see Eric Mabius as another delightful character, try to catch "How To Fall In Love", Saturday, June 10, to see a perfect transformation of Harold White, from nerd to heartthrob!

      Delete
    2. The only thing I don’t know about so far is the pairing of Oliver & Shane, hopefully that will grow on me…and thank you for the recommendation! I’ll look for How to Fall in Love 😊

      —Paula

      Delete
    3. Paula, Oh my goodness... I hope you thoroughly enjoy "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"! The faith that is woven into each story is so beautiful.

      If you ever need to know the chronological order of the series, I have a post on that here:
      http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2015/09/chronological-order-hallmark-signed-sealed-delivered.html

      Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

      By the way, I also recommended "How to Fall in Love" (starring Eric Mabius) in my post above because it is one of my classic Hallmark favorites; plus, a portion of my movie review is included on the back of the DVD cover. I highly recommend this sweet rom-com! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    4. Thank you Net for the order of the movies! 😊 I will be sure to be on the lookout for then next marathon so I can record more. I also have been thinking about getting the Hallmark Now as I believe they are all available on there. And your right, the faith mentioned throughout is the best part. The first one I watched was the Christmas one about the little girl writing the letter to God to save her mom and I was bawling. Looking forward to watching the rest 😊
      —Paula

      Delete
  5. Last post by Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to watch the new June Weddings movie. It looks fun.

    Today was only code orange compared to code red the past several days. I didn't have to stay in or use my inhaler today. The rest of the weekend should be really nice. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip to Hershey Park--family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dstoutholcomb, I hope your weather is improving for you and your family.

      Our skies are finally brightening up this week since we finally received some much needed rain over the weekend. Praise God - our crops really needed this. What a blessing!!! :)

      I pray you are seeing brighter skies too!

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you finally received some rain. Praise be.

      We did have bright skies over the weekend, and we even received some rain Monday. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I was planning on skipping the "fake" Aurora Teagarden, but my mom and sisters want to see it, so I might watch it with them today. I just know it's gonna drive me crazy. I really, really, hope they don't add romance between Arthur and Aurora, considering Nick and Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know they will. If you remember in the first Aurora it was stated that Roe and Arthur dated before he started dating Lynn.

      Delete
  8. Laura here. I know the new Aurora Teagarden isn't too popular but I had an attack of boredom last night and decided to watch it. It definitely had the feeling of the original series perhaps the same directing style. Although the casting is different keep in mind that for a prequel it would need to be anyway. This series focuses on Aurora solving her first crime when she was in college doing her master's degree. I think the cast they picked for Aurora, Sally, and Arthur were pretty good. They seem pretty close to how the original characters would have acted. As far as I know it was totally family friendly and compared to the other new mysteries that have aired recently, at least in my opinion, it held my attention and was interesting. I really think the man they chose for Arthur's character was true to his character. My only thought was that Aurora's character didn't seem bubbly enough and seemed slightly stiff. She didn't really match up to the Aurora we know but that's obviously because Candace Cameron gave that energy to the character. Sally too doesn't look too much like the Sally we know, but as I pointed out it is a prequel. Overall, however, I thought it was interesting and if they continue to be family friendly I will watch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I know what you mean about looking for something to watch. It seems harder to find something decent to watch these days, even with all the channels we have.

      Thank you for sharing your take on the new Aurora Teagarden with us. It's good to get your thoughts on it and the individual character portrayals. Also, it's nice to know it is family friendly.

      Blessings, Net

      I shared your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/04/hallmark-media-announces-june-2023-movie-mystery-schedule.html


      Delete
  9. Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New is an origin movie prequel. It’s family friendly. Aurora Teagarden is a waitress who works at the restaurant. Aurora’s friends; Arthur Smith is a police officer who works with Detective Cook Lawrenceton Police Station, & what’s Sally’s job must be. Aurora solves at the case in her bedroom with Arthur’s help. Aurora has 2 mystery books. Aurora. Arthur, & Sally are sitting at the table where Aurora works at the restaurant .

    ReplyDelete
  10. When Calls the Heart: Season 10 sneak peek for July 30, 2023 while watching Love’s Greek to Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw. Still looks like a clean show from what I saw. (so far anyways). So that's good. -Maria

      Delete
  11. Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something Borrowed

    Ok, I gave it a try. I appreciated how the actors tried to sound like the former cast, Sally's character did the best with her voice and Arthur was kind like his old self. But Arthur has dark hair, not blond and he's not short. Sally's roll looked Hispanic and wrong hairstyle. The mystery itself was ok, I guess. I didn't have the same warmth as before. It was interesting seeing Sally's aunt Gladys before she died at Bubba's Wedding. I would rate this a 4.5.

    It was also family-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too except Sally looked maybe Asian to me? I think the girl that has been cast as her now doesn't look too much like her.

      Delete
    2. Abigail, It's nice to get your thoughts on the new Aurora premiere. I was especially taken by your comment that it "didn't have the same warmth as before." I can imagine that's exactly how I would feel if I watched it.

      Sadly, I think the only reason why they continued this series with the prequels, was to keep Candace from having the rights to do more of them on GAF.

      I appreciate you sharing this review and rating with us.

      Blessings to you, Net

      I added your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/04/hallmark-media-announces-june-2023-movie-mystery-schedule.html

      Delete
    3. Weird thing was they didn't even have a Real Murder's Club.

      Delete
    4. Abigail, Oh my, really??? That is odd. I would have thought that would have been a major part of it somehow. Maybe they would've had their first meeting or something. That is very strange, indeed. So glad you shared that. Wow.

      Delete
    5. I watched a real Aurora Teagarden last night. Soooo much better!!

      Delete
  12. Love’s Greek to Me is family friendly about is an archaeology professor who’s prepping for a 10-day trip to the Greek island of Santorini with her boyfriend named Mike, his real name is Mikale. She travels to the island is Santorini in Greek with her Greek boyfriend Mike for Mike’s little Sister named Alexandra is getting married to her fiancΓ© named Chris, his real name is Christos. Mike proposes to his girlfriend named Ilana when she gets caught up in the whirlwind of his overzealous Mom named Athena. Ilana mentions My Big Fat Greek Wedding & Mamma Mia! She can’t help it — she’s excited! Upon arriving in Greece, Mike’s Sister; Alex asks Ilana to essentially fill in for her maid of honor — and that means spending even more time with Mike’s Mom named Athena. Ilana has evil eye πŸͺ¬ 🧿 necklace & Mike has evil eye πŸͺ¬ 🧿 ring. Athena cooks some yummy baklavas.There’s 2 weddings of Alex & Chris and Ilana & Mike in Greece πŸ‡¬πŸ‡· Island of Santorini.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loves Greek to Me was hard to watch. If not for my wife, I probably would have stopped. Very negative feeling through out. Maybe it is their traditions but I can’t stand it when others want to control somebody else’s wedding. Especially when they make plans and commitments without even talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Love's Greek to Me." It sounds like the future Mother-n-law was too over-bearing and domineering with the wedding plans. Sorry to hear this cast a negative feel for you over the whole movie.

      I posted your review here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/04/hallmark-media-announces-june-2023-movie-mystery-schedule.html

      Delete
  14. I find it bizarrely interesting that there's been so few gay couples in Hallmark's new movies as of late (well, those who aren't an obvious split second scene or are briefly mentioned or are off screen altogether), and yet the writing of the movies are seemingly getting worse, along with sneaking in other things that don't really belong in them.

    Almost like Hallmark is just flailing at the helm now with all the new freedoms they've given their writers. Sad. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are following the same suit as the stores that have gone woke and are hurting big time for it.

      Delete
  15. GAF had another good ratings report for May! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So happy to her how well Great American Family is growing and reaching viewers! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  16. Jim, What a wonderful video! Such a blessing to hear all three girls proclaim their true Joy in Jesus!

    Thank you for sharing this with us!!! With all the craziness we see in the news these days - this really gives one hope!:)

    Blessings to you! Net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure could use more role models like these young women these days.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net