Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, June 8, 2023

πŸŽ„ Great American Family Announces "Destined At Christmas 2"! πŸŽ„



More wonderful Christmas movie news today from Great American Family!!!

"Destined At Christmas 2," starring Shae Robbins and Casey Elliott, is coming to the network this Christmas!!!

In the first movie (if you haven't seen it), Kim (Shae Robbins) and Theo (Casey Elliott) meet by chance on Black Friday while shopping for gifts amongst a busy crowd of shoppers. The two are unexpectedly separated and cannot find each other. Unfortunately, neither asked for a full name nor shared a phone number - so they have no way of reaching out. It would end there, except both Kim and Theo felt an undeniable connection, and they try to search for each other throughout the Christmas season!

Great American Family promo for "Destined At Christmas 2":

(Note: It may take a few seconds or a minute for the video below to load, depending on your connection.)




My Quick Take:

How exciting to hear Great American Family is bringing Shae Robbins and Casey Elliott back to reprise their roles for this sequel. The original film was such a hit among many viewers last year; I have a feeling the original and the sequel are destined to win many hearts over again this Christmas!

I personally loved the whole mystery aspect of both Kim and Theo following the clues while attempting to find one another again. My head is already spinning with potential storyline ideas for this sequel. Will Kim and Theo still be together? Will they be thinking of getting married?

I can't help but hope somehow they sneak into the script some way for Casey Elliott to sing. He has such an amazing voice in real-life and is part of the musical group GENTRI. (In fact, Shae's husband, Brad, is also one of the members of the group.)

What are your thoughts on this sequel? Please share in comments below...

May your day be Merry & Bright,
Net

24 comments:

  1. How exciting to can’t wait to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy about this :) this was personally my favorite Christmas movie from last year on GAF. I thought those two had really good chemistry and I can't wait to see where the sequel will take us. I believe at the end of the movie it showed them married-or at least it looked like they both had wedding rings on. I might just have to rewatch it again to pay closer attention lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I looked for and saw the rings too. I love the sweet wholesomeness of this sweet movie and all the movies on this channel.

      Delete
    2. Oh! I think the character of Sharon needs to find love in a sequel. She is so cute and my heart aches to see her rejected as a potential love of Leo. I’m hoping Sharon finds her love!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited about this and shows that they are really listening to their fans in making this sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m excited too!!! This storyline was so refreshing and different than the normal story. Can’t wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Net!
    I am with you-so excited for this sequel! I loved this movie from GAC last year, Kim & Theo were so cute together and I felt that the storyline was very unique. Sometimes I am apprehensive about watching new movies from other networks especially when they don’t have the big names we are used to headlining the movies from Hallmark for example. But this one was great, great chemistry, great production, etc. I am hoping for a storyline like maybe they are now married and looking for a popular toy for Theos daughter on Black Friday and things get crazy, as Black Friday usually does ;) Kind of like “Jingle All The Way” Looking forward to this one this holiday season!
    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this! Loved the 1st movie. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Net: I loved the Original, I am so looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to hear this news. I loved the original and both leading characters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Destined at Christmas 2

    Casey Elliott’s real life Daughter Eve Elliott with her Dad as Theo & Ashley.

    I think it’s Ashley’s turn during blackout when she meets a boy her own ages

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't watch Destined At Christmas nor will I be watching the sequel since the male lead was previously married.

    Interesting though that of the 13 reviews (Net excluded) posted here 6 were unhappy at the drawn out aspect of the search and lack of screetime together for the leads.

    That's a large proportion - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was one of those Florence! A sequel to this movie is very surprising. Think I will pass on this one.

      Delete
  11. I don't know how, but I never watched the first one. Is it available online like some other GAF ones? Thanks.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, Yes, the original "Destined At Christmas" movie is available to stream through several sources, including Roku, Tubi, Vudu, Plex, and Amazon Prime Video.

      Here are a couple links...

      Roku:
      https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/destined-at-christmas?id=bc5f29c5a3b658b4b4c9acf02cc64c5e

      Amazon Prime Video:
      https://amzn.to/3J7hXJs

      Hope you enjoy it! :)
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Net! I remember it now. It was the very first movie. I really didn't care for it. I don't like the movies where they are searching for someone throughout the whole movie and they don't have many scenes together.
      Misty

      Delete
  12. I’ll definitely be watching the sequel as Casey and Shae are dear friends of mine. Can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved Destined at Christmas at our house! I remember how we all got excited at every little chance when they almost bumped into each other again. Shae and Casey were new to me at that point, but I’ve come to enjoy them in other movies since then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed the first movie. I think people could relate to this storyline. Main couple Shae and Casey worked well together. Could it be they get married on Black Friday but then need a certain gift for the child. Cannot wait for Christmas in July and the upcoming holiday season. HoHoHo🀢

    ReplyDelete
  15. we saw at the end of movie 1, Shea and Theo were married and they had a family gathering at Theo's home and baby Victoria was born. So movie 2 should have more about life together and Theo singing to the Love of His Life. And daughter Ashley, joins in and sings with Theo! Cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Destined at Christmas. It was my favorite Great American Family Christmas movie. I can't wait for Destined at Christmas 2!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked the first one, but….a few things did bother me. She just said she was a teacher not that she was a professor at the university/museum. You have Ph.D and you say you’re a teacher? He never mentioned he owns his own cabinet making business. He never even mentioned his daughter’s name. Kim would’ve found the g bread house entry if she knew the kid’s.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was fun to see Shawn Stevens and Pam Eichner together again. They played Shea’s parents. They always look like they are having such fun when they do a movie together. It’s nice to see. I hope they are in the sequel?! I read that they are friends in real life. It shows.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net