Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

In Remembrance of Actor Treat Williams...


On Monday evening, Hallmark posted to their social media some very sad, heartbreaking news... Actor Treat Williams, who portrayed a beloved father in many movies and series, including Everwood, Front of the Class, and Chesapeake Shores, has passed away.

Yahoo is reporting his death was due to a motorcycle accident in Vermont. Treat was wearing a helmet but was hit and thrown from his motorcycle, suffering critical injuries. Treat Williams was 71 years old.

My first remembrance of Treat is from the series Everwood. I enjoyed his portrayal of Dr. Andrew Brown and the way he connected with his children after the passing of his wife. The series was full of emotion and drama. In Hallmark Hall of Fame's Front of the Class, Treat portrayed a father who doesn't quite understand his son's medical condition and often takes his frustration out on him until he is diagnosed with Tourettes. After that, he does his best to make amends. Whatever role Treat took on was influential, powerful and memorable. In Chesapeake Shores, he portrayed Mick O'Brien, the patriarch to five grown children who often looked to their father for his wisdom and advice.

I know Treat Williams will be remembered fondly by the Hallmark family and all who worked with him through the years.

My heart and prayers go out to his wife, Pam, his children, Gill and Elinor, and all of his family and friends.

May God bless and bring comfort,
Net


image credit: ©2022 Hallmark Media/Photographer: David Astorga


18 comments:

  1. This is sad news. Sending my prayers to Treats family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sad Treat Williams passed away at age 71 on 6/12/2023. Treat Williams was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle on Vermont Route 30, near Dorset. He was airlifted to Albany Medical Center. He’s gone too soon

    I watched him on TV Series: Everwood with Gregory Smith, Safe Harbor with Nancy Travis. The Storm (miniseries) with James Van Der Beek & Marisol Nicholdt, & CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as guest star

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry to hear this news. I fondly remember Treat on Everwood too. He was a great father on that series and CS. My heart is broken for his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad.

    I wouldn't have known the name but I immediately recognised the face.

    He always gave a competent performance.

    R.I.P.

    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was great n Chesapeake Shores. He'll be missed. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Net,

    Oh, this news saddens me so much. I have always respected Treat Williams. He seemed to be a stand-up guy with a huge heart. He brought warmth and professionalism to his craft. He had integrity and I could tell he loved what he did. And, I knew he was a family man. Plus, I could tell his costars really liked him. What a heartbreaking and devastating loss! I don't know if you have ever seen 'Blue Bloods' but Treat had a recurring role, on the show. His scenes, with Tom Selleck, were sublime. I bet they were friends off camera. I am praying for his family and friends. This wonderful man left way too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, this is a wonderful tribute. I feel the same way and appreciate your words.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much for your heartfelt comment. You are so sweet. He was one of my favorite actors and his bright light was dimmed way too soon.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear this news. He was everyone’s favorite Hallmark TV dad. It’s especially hard knowing Fathers Day is this weekend. Prayers going up for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was never a fan of Chesapeake Shores but loved him in Beyond the Blackboard. So very sorry to hear of his death. Oh, I don't like motorcycles... praying for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this news yesterday via TV Insider but it was too late for me to react socially. Although the first time I'd heard of him was his appearance in Hair, I never saw it. So indeed, my first experience of his acting was in Everwood and most recently, of course, in Chesapeake Shores. What an extremely sad way to go. R.I.P., Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sad news. He was one of my favorite actors. Deepest sympathies & condolences to his family, friends, & co-workers.
    Rest In Peace.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trent Williams was 3 times Grammy winner πŸ† πŸ† πŸ†

    ReplyDelete
  12. Treat Williams’ maternal great-great-great-grandfather was William Henry Barnum, a U.S. Senator from Connecticut and third cousin of the showman P. T. Barnum

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried countless times yesterday to leave a comment, but it kept Failing to go through, hopefully a better result today.

    Net, Thank you for your beautiful words and somewhere for me to post, since I don't do social media!!

    Joan's post was equally beautiful, and expressed a lot of my own feelings!
    Treat's last episode on Blue Bloods last month Now is even sadder then before.
    In Interviews Tom and Treat have stated they've been friends for decades, I think that's why We felt such a connection between Frank and Lenny❤️❤️

    I heard late Monday night, I was Heartbroken 😭😭
    Only God knows the hour and moment..
    I try to remember to always be thankful, loving and kind to All that I encounter each day, Show God's Light, Many are in darkness or lost and You could give them Hope with a Smile and being KindπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    God Bless You All...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy

      Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it! Glad to see you are also a Blue Bloods fan. My family loves that show and Treat's episodes were true highlights for us.

      Your tribute is very special Kathy! We do not know when God will call us home but we all should live life is his grace and be good and kind to all. He is definitely a bright light of hope.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kathy,

      Thank you so much for your beautiful post. We do not know what God has in store for us so we must be kind and treat others well. And thank you so much for your sweet compliment. :-) I really appreciate it.

      Finally, thank you also for sharing the info about Tom and Treat being close. This does not surprise me.

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net