Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

CHRISTMAS MOVIE INTERVIEW: JULIE ANN EMERY from INSP FILM's CHRISTMAS ON THE COAST! (Behind the Scenes, Co-stars, Riding a Bike in Heels, and More!)


Today I am delighted to share with all of you- my latest interview with an actress who has a leading role in an upcoming Christmas movie on INSP and UP! The film is "Christmas on the Coast" starring Julie Ann Emery.

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

"Christmas on the Coast" is set to premiere on INSP, Sunday November 25, 2018, Thanksgiving weekend and UPtv, November 18, 2018. Prior to this premiere, Julie Ann Emery gives us an enthusiastic, insightful look into the incredible filming process in my interview with her below!

Among other things, Julie and I discuss what it was like to film in the beautiful state of Georgia with her wonderful co-stars. By the way, I think you'll recognize a few of them from previous TV shows and movies, including Burgess Jenkins, from the UP Holiday Movie with Candace Cameron Bure, “The Heart of Christmas”, Bonnie Bedelia, who portrayed Joy in the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries heartwarming holiday movie “A Joyous Christmas”, and Clarence Gilyard Jr., of the popular television series "Walker, Texas Ranger."

It was such a delight to have this opportunity to talk about the movie "Christmas on the Coast" and about the joys of the Christmas season, with Julie, who Hallmark movie fans will recall from her Hallmark Hall of Fame film, "Pictures of Hollis Woods." (She portrayed the foster mother, who eventually adopts Hollis in the end.) Much like that film, "Christmas on the Coast" is another touching holiday movie that is sure to pull at our heartstrings!

I hope you will enjoy our interview *chat* below...

---------------------------------


Interview


Actress Julie Ann Emery


---------------------------------

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Welcome, Julie, to “It’s a Wonderful Movie,” where we chat about family friendly movies on TV! Please share with us the basic story behind “Christmas on the Coast.”

Julie Ann Emery: Christmas on the Coast is about a wildly successful romance novelist, Drucinda Cassadine, who finds herself with writers block, and is not so very successful at the moment. She is encouraged to go back to her hometown, Harbor Pointe (in South Carolina), for the holidays to see if inspiration will strike.

What begins as an effort to overcome her writer's block, ends up being a dive into her past, self-exploration, and...she meets a guy, who is dreamy and pretty great.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Ooh, that definitely sounds intriguing!


© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: What is your character, Drucinda (Dru) Cassadine, like?

Julie Ann Emery: Dru is driven, type A, believes strongly that she has life all figured out (spoiler alert: she doesn't), spends all of her time writing about made up love, and yet is alone in her life. I see Dru as someone who made the image of her dream come true, got caught up in the trappings of it, but in the process she turned her back on who she really is, and on her past. She lost her father at a young age and has spent most of her life running from that pain. Dru seems two-dimensional to me in the beginning of the movie, maybe a little shallow. Her journey into making peace with her past and accepting herself for who she really is, makes her more three dimensional and more ready to find love.


© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Where was “Christmas on the Coast” filmed? Which do you prefer, a white Christmas or a warm Christmas?

Julie Ann Emery: We filmed on beautiful St Simons Island in Georgia. The entire town was incredibly welcoming to us and supportive of the movie, especially Stephanie and Ben whose beautiful home we invaded for weeks on end (it was Dru's Momma's house). It was a beautiful place to be while working.

I think I will always prefer the imagery of a white Christmas with mugs of hot chocolate and blankets to snuggle under while watching our favorite holiday movies. But who would say no to Christmas at the beach??? Life is long and varied. As long as there is love, and togetherness, you can't go wrong at Christmas.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Beautifully said, Julie! Being with those we love is always the best gift!

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

image: Julie Ann Emery - IG


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: What was it like filming with your co-stars Burgess Jenkins (“The Heart of Christmas”), Bonnie Bedelia (“A Joyous Christmas”), Clarence Gilyard Jr. (Walker, Texas Ranger), and others?

Julie Ann Emery: I've been a big fan of Bonnie Bedelia's work for a long long time, so getting to work opposite her was a thrill. She was already signed on to the movie when I was offered the part, and playing her daughter was a big part of the reason I took the role. Every day in hair and makeup, I would have flashes of her in roles I loved. I loved getting to watch her work.

My dad is a big Walker, Texas Ranger fan, so Clarence Gilyard Jr was always on my TV growing up (I took a picture with him to text to my dad while we were shooting.....like a fan girl). Clarence's take on his character really surprised me, in a delightful way. He brought a dimension to our relationship in the film that was completely unexpected. His work is just lovely and nuanced.

And Burgess Jenkins. Well of course he's hunky (I can see him blushing while he reads this, I like to give him a bit of a hard time), but he's also a wonderful scene partner. We really took the journey of the movie together and I am so grateful that I had someone of Burgess’s temperament and willingness to play opposite. We had great chemistry from day one and that is SUCH a huge plus in a romantic comedy. When the chemistry is right and the actor you are playing opposite is so good, the scenes can't go wrong. I hope Burgess and I will be working together again down the road.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: All these characters sound amazing! It's great to hear how well everyone clicked from the start, as that adds an important element to the story, when you can clearly see how at ease the actors feel with one another. When that relationship is genuine, the result is evident on screen.


© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Since you are starring in a Christmas movie, what are some of your own favorite Christmas films?

Julie Ann Emery: I actually collect Christmas movies. And when my family does stocking stuffers, I always buy movies for everyone's stockings. My taste is varied. A few of my favorites that are in rotation every single year: White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street (I prefer the original but the remake isn't bad either), Nightmare Before Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Love Actually, and The Holiday. My husband's favorite is A Christmas Story so that is always in the mix as well.

If I'm home in the lead up to Christmas, instead of on location, I make massive batches of Christmas cookies for gifts. I bake for 3 or 4 days straight. And while I bake, I watch my favorite Christmas movies and sometimes listen to the commentary on the DVD. On the White Christmas commentary, Rosemary Clooney tells a story about Bing Crosby jumping the fence at the sound stage during a massive group scene to run off and play golf. I think that is hilarious!

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Oh, I love movie extras! That is such a fun story! There's nothing quite like Bing Crosby in 'White Christmas' or Jimmy Stewart in 'It's a Wonderful Life!" I'm glad to know, along with a mix of films, you also hold onto and cherish the classics during the Christmas season!


© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Looking back on your movie, do you have a favorite scene in “Christmas on the Coast” or memorable filming moment?

Julie Ann Emery: In a fun way, anything to do with riding that bicycle was just funny and delightful. It is harder to ride a bike in heels than you would think (never mind holding a dress over your head). However, I think my favorite scenes were influenced by how we were shooting.

The first day Burgess and I worked together, day one of filming, we ended the day with the scene in his workshop where I discover the paintings and he tells me he doesn't forgive me, he sends me away. It was such a vulnerable scene to shoot so early on, we had to kind of dive in headfirst. But I looked in his eyes and knew that Dru loved Bryson immediately. The scene went very deep emotionally very quickly. And I think it bonded Burgess and me for the rest of the shoot in a way that completely surprised me. It is so hard to do those emotional scenes on day one of filming. Something about diving in like that bonded us pretty intensely.


© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.


Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: What do you hope viewers will take away from watching “Christmas on the Coast” this Christmas season?

Julie Ann Emery: You can move away from home, but home never really leaves you. It is part of you forever.

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

© 2018 Christmas On The Coast.

Thank you, Julie, for this lovely interview! I am most intrigued now and can't wait see your film!

Over the years of blogging about TV movies, I've come to know so many wonderful people. I am so appreciative to INSP, who was one of the very first networks, several years ago, to reach out to me. Since then, I am always excited to share their latest family-friendly TV movies and various projects! I am most grateful to Melissa and Tara, at INSP, for all your help with putting together this interview! Bless you both!

A warm thank you to Julie Ann Emery- for sharing with us her insights into creating "Christmas on the Coast." I thoroughly enjoyed all your responses, Julie, especially your perspective on this Christmas film taking place in a warmer climate. As you mentioned, "As long as there is love, and togetherness, you can't go wrong at Christmas." That is so true. No matter where we go, the heart of Christmas remains with us, as long as we are gathered with our loved ones!

I wish you well, Julie... in all your acting endeavors. We look forward to seeing "Christmas on the Coast" this holiday season on INSP and UP! Blessings, Net


Watch "Christmas on the Coast"

On UP: Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 7pm/6c.
Encore Showing: Monday, Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 11pm/10c.

On INSP: Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 8pm/7c.
Encore Showing: Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8pm/7c.

Christmas on the Coast is also available on DVD!


images via: INSP, Christmas on the Coast

6 comments:

  1. Awesome Net! I've got to remember to reach back out to them as I noticed this film earlier this year or maybe even last year, and I wanted to know more about it. This was a great interview, and I definitely look forward to watching this film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview Net! Thank you for always keeping us up to date! You are a lifesaver when it comes to knowing what is good to watch with my family. I love all your questions and I am not sure if I could bike in heels either...I will keep my eye out for that scene. Happy almost Christmas watching...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, Net! I added this to my watch list after reading this. Unfortunately, I don't remember Picture of Hollis Woods, but this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy our Joy again from A Joyous Christmas! Bonnie Bedelia looks great in this, and Julie sounds like such a sweetheart! I can't wait to see the bike in heels scene! LOL!! πŸš²πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

    xoxo, Em πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview, Net. Just added to my list. What's one more? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely lady! I'm wishing her the very best too! Thanks for the wonderful interview! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net