Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

INTERVIEW: JILL WAGNER of INSP's Handcrafted America and Hallmark's A Harvest Wedding!


I am so thrilled to share with you all today my interview with the lovely actress Jill Wagner, who has starred in many wonderful television movies, including INSP's "Christmas in the Smokies," Hallmark's "Autumn Dreams" and "Christmas Cookies"... and TWO, yes TWO NEW Hallmark Movies on the way! Jill, with her bubbly personality and down home charm, gives us some fascinating insight into many of her movies, behind-the-scenes fashion and blooper details, and so much more...!!! I'm also certain Hearties and Hallmark fans will recognize her wonderful co-stars, as well!

Jill is a newlywed and lives in the beautiful state of Tennessee, on the farm, with her husband David. She's also very busy traveling all around America, as the host of INSP's "Handcrafted America." See all the details below!

I was completely over-joyed to be asked to interview Jill about her latest movies and various projects! (Thank you so much, Melissa, my dear friend at INSP, for making this possible!)

Hope you all enjoy the interview below, with Jill Wagner, for "A Harvest Wedding," "Handcrafted America," and more!

Jill Wagner in "A Harvest Wedding" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media

-------------------------------------

INTERVIEW
Jill Wagner

-------------------------------------

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Welcome, Jill, to ‘It’s a Wonderful Movie’, where we chat about Family Movies and Shows on TV! I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to talk with you today and share your current & upcoming TV projects! Please share with us about yourself and how you became involved in acting!

Jill Wagner: I was never one of those girls who had the dream of being an actress when I was two years old. I always thought I would probably start running my dad’s tire shop. When I took a short vacation out to Los Angeles, that all changed. I guess you could just say I fell into it or it found me. Acting is definitely something that I’m very passionate about and now love. An agent I met told me I should audition for Punk’d, Ashton Kutcher’s show... I did and I have never looked back. I am very appreciative to Ashton who saw “something” in me and gave me a platform to dive off of.

“Handcrafted America” image via: INSP

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Currently, you are in your 3rd Season of hosting “Handcrafted America” on INSP, traveling all across America, and meeting everyday inventors and artisans. (How cool! I feel patriotic pride in our country welling up inside me - just talking about it!) Please share with us details about this unique and creative show, and what it’s like to host “Handcrafted America”!

Jill Wagner: I love this show very much. I feel like the luckiest gal in the world to get to host it. Handcrafted America is a show with tons of heart, which is what I was craving in my professional career when I signed on to be the host . We shine a light on some of the most talented people in our country. I come from a family of super patriot marines, it gives me pride to show how talented the people in this country are. I learn a lot on this show as well! I never knew what a jig saw was before I started filming and now I want one!!!! (not that I know what to make with it)

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: I love that! It's amazing what people can create with their hands or old fashioned / modern power tools! These people have such an amazing gift and I'm so glad INSP gives them this outlet to share this with all of America and with you, Jill!

image courtesy: INSP, Jill Wagner hosts "Handcrafted America"

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: What was THE MOST unique creation you have seen while hosting the “Handcrafted America” series?

Jill Wagner: A spear gun to use underwater when fishing.


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Are you, personally, handy or crafty, or both?

Jill Wagner: Nope to both. Which is why I wanted to host this show... so I could learn.

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Awe, well... you are definitely in the right place then.


"Autumn Dreams" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: All of us viewers who loved you in Hallmark’s “Autumn Dreams” are most excited to see you return in another upcoming “Fall Harvest” movie in October on the Hallmark Channel! Please share with us the storyline of your Hallmark movie “A Harvest Wedding!”

Jill Wagner: Sara Bloom ( my character ) plays a wedding planner that is set to plan a socialites daughters wedding. The catch is, she only has 2 weeks to pull it off and the bride is marrying the brother of her high school sweetheart. They want to have the wedding in her home town and she has to navigate around her high school sweetheart while trying not to fall back in love with him... I think she may fail at that! Hahah

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Yeah, it is Hallmark, after all. Happy endings are pretty much a safe bet, which we love them for!


"A Harvest Wedding" - images via: Hallmark Crown Media
Poster created by: Net, It's a Wonderful Movie


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: I have received many messages from viewers who share with me how much they enjoy watching you, Jill, because you have such a sweet, natural, girl-next-door type of personality – light, cheerful, and charming. Those endearing qualities shine through you in all of your roles! Please tell us a little about your character, Sarah Bloom, in “A Harvest Wedding”!

Jill Wagner: First of all, tell your readers thank you! Sara is a little hardened due to her heavy work schedule and a life of putting her career first. We see how she can open up and transition by slowing it all down :-)


"A Harvest Wedding" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Do you have a favorite scene in “A Harvest Wedding,” or memorable filming moment?

Jill Wagner: When I see David for the first time I jump up on the back of a flat bed truck in a skirt and while we were filming I got caught a lot making it very awkward to go on without laughing but we got though it :-)


"A Harvest Wedding" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: I’m sure the wedding ceremony & decorations in “A Harvest Wedding” are a bit countrified – did your own lovely wedding this spring have a down-home, southern “country” feel? Or, was it completely opposite?

Jill Wagner: I wanted my wedding to be as southern as gone with the wind. I had mine in NC at Rose Hill Plantation. The boys got to shoot skeet, the girls got to drink champagne and relax in the mansion .... I wanted to feel like Scarlett O’Hara .... I certainly did .... it was magical.


Jill Wagner on her wedding day
Image via: Jill Wagner, Instagram


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: You have several amazing, well known Hallmark stars co-starring with you in “A Harvest Wedding”! What was it like to work with Victor Webster (“Summer Villa,” “Chesapeake Shores,” and “Home for Christmas Day”), Andrea Brooks (“When Calls the Heart” and “Destination Wedding”), and Marcus Rosner (“When Calls the Heart” and “Summer in the Vineyard”)?

Jill Wagner: One of the things I love about hallmark films are the actors they hire. Everyone is so kind and professional. I still keep in touch with many of them. They will be friends for life.


"A Harvest Wedding" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: “Battle of the Network Stars” was so cool to watch this summer! Looked like you were having so much fun! Please share what it was like.

Jill Wagner: It was an amazing experience. I just wanted to see if I could actually still compete .... let’s just say as long as I don’t have to run against Ryan Paevey I am good! Hahah! Everyone had a blast and I got to meet THE HULK!!!

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Well, you did an awesome job on all the challenges, especially the obstacle course! (You were just as amazing as Ryan Paevey! (of Hallmark's "Harvest Love" and "Unleashing Mr. Darcy") And, of course, your team had to win - having the Hulk and Hercules, Kevin Sorbo! (of Hallmark's "Santa Suit" and "Shadow on the Mesa.")


“Battle of the Network Stars” image courtesy: ABC


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Also this summer, I was so happy to see you attend Hallmark’s TCA event- knowing that meant we would be seeing you in an upcoming Hallmark project! Plus, the beautiful dress and hat you wore were so unique & vintage! I thought you were definitely best dressed! What is your favorite dress up or every day style?

Jill Wagner at Hallmark's 2017 Summer TCA

Jill Wagner: Ahhh! Thank you, Net! I have been holding on to that dress for a while ( vintage Chanel) I decided to finally wear it because if I wait too much longer I won’t be able to fit in it!!! Hahah! I have a collection of vintage hats so it’s always fun for me to get to pull one out. I don’t have one style really, it all depends on my mood ... but in Tenn at my farm it’s all jeans and t shirt unless I go to church which I try to dress up a little. I love vintage clothing though. There is just something so feminine about it.

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: I agree. Vintage clothes are beautiful. I think that's how most of feel about fashion- some days you just want to relax, and others, well...it's rather fun to get all dolled up and pretty!


Jill Wagner going to church
Image via: Jill Wagner, Instagram


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: With the Christmas season fast approaching, I have to say… viewers (Myself, definitely included!) also loved your Christmas movies… first, in INSP’s “Christmas in the Smokies” and Hallmark Channel’s “Christmas Cookies!” How much do you love making Christmas movies???

Jill Wagner: Thanks! I am doing another one! It’s always nice to film them except for when you are filming them and it’s 80 degrees outside and you have to act cold!

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: And, we are so excited to know you are filming Hallmark’s “Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle!” Can't wait to see it this Holiday Season on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries! Happy Filming!!!

"Christmas Cookies" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: I recall you said your Grandmother helped you choose the role of Hannah Harper in Hallmark Channel's “Christmas Cookies!” I love that! Please share how that came about!

Jill Wagner: She told me she wanted me to do a hallmark movie, I called my manager, he got them to send me some scripts, I sent to her and let her pick which one. She is my agent now !! Hahha


Screen capture - Hallmark's "Christmas Cookies"


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: In “Christmas Cookies,” I just love the scene where you arrive in the town of Cookie Jar – wearing the long camel coat, scarf, and ivory beret-style hat… it has such a beautiful vintage/classic feel to it. In “Christmas in the Smokies” you wear mostly cute checkered country shirts and jeans, which is ideal for the film’s farm setting. Are you able to help choose the wardrobe for your movies, or is that completely up to the stylists?

Jill Wagner: I am able to work with a stylist to come up with the look together.


Jill Wagner image courtesy: Christmas in the Smokies


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Since we are discussing your awesome Christmas movies, please share… what are some of your all-time favorite Christmas movies?

Jill Wagner: My very favorite is A Christmas story!!! Watch it every year and it never gets old!

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: Do you have any future movie or other projects you can share with us???

Jill Wagner: Braven will be out 2018 , starring opposite Jason Mamoa. It’s a thriller.

Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: And, of course... Hallmark fans are looking forward to seeing you in “Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle” this December!


Click Here for Book details! 


Net, It’s a Wonderful Movie: What does it mean to you, personally – to create movies & shows that families can watch together on TV, with the Hallmark Channel and INSP? It must leave a warm place in your heart knowing you are drawing families together and bringing joy into so many homes! We are so grateful – thank you, Jill!

Jill Wagner: That’s why I love what I do. I remember when I sat with my grandma and watched the Andy Griffith show.... I wouldn’t trade those moments for anything! I hope to give back that same feeling.


"A Harvest Wedding" - image via: Hallmark Crown Media


Thank you!


I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity to "chat" with you, Jill! I know many of us viewers will look forward to watching more of “Handcrafted America” every Friday night on INSP and “A Harvest Wedding” October 21, 2017, during “Fall Harvest,” on the Hallmark Channel!


Thank you so much, Jill! I so enjoyed reading and sharing your answers to all my questions! Your down-to-earth, warm personality definitely shined through! What a joy it was for me, personally, to have this opportunity to interview you!



Again, a very special thank you to my dear friend, Melissa, at INSP, for making this possible! You have always been so good to me! I am so blessed by you, your kindness and thoughtfulness... and I wish you all the blessings in the world, especially with that precious new GrandBaby!!!

To all my readers here... wasn't Jill a breath of fresh air? I think she is perfectly suited for the "Fall Harvest" type Hallmark movies because of her girl next door, country girl quality about her! That genre suits her to a "T"! And, yet, she is one of those actresses, who can most definitely transform into something completely different in another role.

It is my delight to share our interview here together with all of you! Be sure to watch Jill in “Handcrafted America” on INSP, plus “A Harvest Wedding” during "Fall Harvest" and “Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle” this Christmas!

Blessings to you all, Net


“Handcrafted America”
airs Friday nights
at 8:30pm/7:30c. on INSP


“A Harvest Wedding”
Premieres Saturday October 21, 2017
at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel


Check out Jill Wagner's movies on DVD:

Click on the covers for details!

18 comments:

  1. Net this is awesome! So glad you were able to do this interview! While I won't be able to see her movie live this weekend (I'll be at HFR3), I look forward to watching when I get back. I love all the pictures you posted of Jill, and she sounds just like a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family watches ALL the Hallmark movies and we are always thrilled to see one starring with Jill pop up on the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the interview--so insightful and interesting. I loved the two movies mentioned--Autumn Dreams and Christmas Cookies--both left me feeling so hopeful and joyful. Even though I am looking forward to Harvest Wedding, Maggie's Miracle has me most intrigued.
    Thank you so much for sharing the interview--
    perhaps Hallmark should hire you so you could do some others for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Net! My wife and I like all of her Hallmark movies and Handcrafted America. I'm surprised she says she's not handy, crafty, or whatever, cause she always gives everything a try and is usually fairly successful. Planning to watch this new movie this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome interview! I just love Jill in everything! She has definitely become one of my favorites, along with Candace, Lacey, Danica, Ashley Williams, Alicia Witt, and others! You are so lucky to be able to interview her, Net. I love that her Grandma helps to pick her movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great interview! Thank you so much for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on this interview, Net! We love Jill Wagner at our home. She has become a fast favorite for all of us! We love all the movies you mentioned above. I hadn't heard about her being in KK's Maggie's Miracle, so now I'm super excited to see her return on Hallmark this Christmas! Christmas Cookies was one of my top favorites from last year! Thanks for including in your interview, along with pictures! Jill sounds like such a genuine, sweet person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome interview + pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAAAHHHH!!!!!! Net, this is Awesome! Honestly, girl, you never cease to amaze me! Jill is one of Hallmark's biggest actresses right now! Wow! With 2 movies on deck, you pitched some awesome questions her way, plus that Victor Webster and her make a cute on screen couple!

    Thanks for including such amazing pictures. I hadn't seen her wedding dress or the vintage one from the TCAs. I love them both!

    xoxo, Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. Net, that is awesome that you were able to interview Jill! She is always in my favorite Hallmark Movies. You did amazing and I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the interview, Net!! We watch Handcrafted America all the time. And you described Jill well. A breath of fresh air!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Net! Great interview. You know I love Jill Wagner! She and Wes Brown were so good in Christmas Cookies last year. I was hoping to see him in a new movie this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great article Net, you did a fabulous job. Thank you for your kind words about us Hallmarkies and for bringing us wonderful stuff to read from the actors/actresses we love :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, WOW, Net!! What a great, great, interview and I loved every minute of it!! She's so pretty and talented and I can't wait to see her new movie Saturday, A Harvest Wedding, with Victor and I see Marcus will be in it also. LOL!! He's just popping up all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Net, thank you for sharing this interview. I am beside myself now that Jill will have a Christmas movie. My heart was beating so fast while reading your interview. Jill is very joyful and sincere. She is my very, very favorite.
    Thank you again Net for sharing. You are the best.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Net, thank you again for all you do.
    Do you know who will be Jill's leading man in Maggie's Christmas Miracle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Yes, I do know who Jill Wagner's leading man will be in "Karen Kingsbury's Maggie's Christmas Miracle"! That honor goes to Luke Macfarlane! He was the star of Hallmark's "Christmas Land" and "The Mistletoe Promise"! I think they will make a nice pairing!

      Again, thank you so much for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  17. where did Jill get her coats that she wore on harvest wedding. Iloved the suavde maxi coat.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net