Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, October 22, 2012

The March Sisters - Lifetime Christmas Movie

MOVIE REVIEW

The March Sisters at Christmas

Also Known As: The March Sisters

Network: Lifetime

Original Air Date: November 24, 2012








CAST:

Julie Marie Berman ... Jo March
Kaitlin Doubleday ... Meg March
Melissa Farman ... Beth March
Molly Kunz ... Amy March
Justin Bruening ... Teddy Lawrence
John Shea ... Mr. Lawrence
Charlie Hofheimer ... John Brooke
Melissa Farman ... Beth March
Mark Famiglietti ... Marcus Bhaer
Georgia Lyman ... Dolores
Nick Apostolides ... Dan Sloan
Robert Walsh ... Robert March
Paula Plum ... Margaret March
Kevin G. Cox ... Lone Ranger
Mark Ajemian ... Bartender
Joe Corazzini ... Paolo


PLOT:

This is a contemporary take of the timeless novel, Little Women. We follow the sisters (Kaitlin Doubleday, Melissa Farman and Molly Kunz) as they fight to save their family home, Orchard House, and search for love during Christmas time.









Movie Review:

Coming...


See or Skip:

Coming...




--
*Images via: Lifetime

8 comments:

  1. Aw! This sounds like it could be quite cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's horrid, painful to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! The characters were perfect, so true to Little Women. I hope they do another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since childhood, I have been a fan of 'Little Women'. When I heard of this new movie, I was really looking forward to watching it.

    Before viewing, I understood there would be differences from the classic novel and previously made films. After all this is taking place in a modern-day setting. I expected necessary changes in order for the script to adapt to the present and the time limit commericals issue.

    However, I felt this presentation basically only shared character names. The sisters were only a shadow of their former personalities, and in some circumstances, vastly altered. For example: Beth, who is known for being charitable and sweet-natured, frequently appeared rude in my opinion. I also found the casting for the girls was quite poor.

    Despite what this review may display, I honestly do not like being harsh or critical. But I want 'Little Women' purists to know they should probably avoid this rendition. You'll most likely only be sorely disappointed.

    Also, while I am not personally very conservative, I know some followers here are. Due to the drinking and talk of relationships, this would probably not be considered family-friendly for young children. Perhaps parents would want to view this before letting their children watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was probably one of the worst movies I've seen... as much as I could get through it anyway. My 12 year old, myself and my mother (all fans of The Little Women) couldn't believe how crude this movie is. The first 30 minutes alone show under age drinking, young drunk teen making out, the "boyfriends" call each other "ball less"... it is a disgrace. I am sorry that Lifetime had it on. We watched it as long as I could until my daugher said... "mom, this is awful"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was intrigued by the achievement board that was given to Beth. I would love to have a diagram or plan for a similar one. Does anyone know where I could find one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flawed, as this was, it was very cute albeit modernized. Sadly, as movie-watchers in today's culture, we can expect nothing less.

    Rosana - I'd say you could make something similar. That was the idea in the film - Meg made them for Beth. However, I wouldn't have a clue where a diagram could be found. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the worst movie i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net