Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, June 23, 2023

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ„Happy Merry Movie Week๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ Plus, Weekend TV Highlights...




It's *Christmas in July* in June on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries! Hallmark is known for starting holidays and celebrations early. So... get out your favorite Christmas mug, fill it up with shaved ice and red fruit punch, then cool off this Summer with a chilly, snowy Christmas flick!

Technically, Christmas movies start airing Friday night (TONIGHT!!!), June 23rd, on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, but the official *Merry Movie Week* day of movies begins Saturday, June 24th!

You can see all sorts of Christmas movies during *Merry Movie Week,* such as A Christmas to Remember, Unlocking Christmas, Five Star Christmas, five Time to Come Home for Christmas movies, The Gift of Peace, A Veteran's Christmas, Northpole: Open for Christmas, and more!

Be sure to visit the Christmas TV Schedule to see all the family-friendly Christmas movies airing during *Merry Movie Week* and set your DVR so you don't miss any of your favorites.

You'll also find in the Christmas Schedule, Christmas movies coming up during *Christmas in July* on Great American Family, the Hallmark Channel and TCM! More Christmas movies will be added to the guide as the networks release their schedules.



*********************



Programming Notes for the Weekend:

*Great American Family's Friday night Christmas movie is "Christmas at the Drive-In," starring Danica McKellar!

*The Hallmark Channel has a special *You Gotta Have Heart Rom-Com-a-Thon* movie marathon all-day Saturday with stars from
When Calls the Heart. Movies included are My One & Only, Big Sky River, The Sweetest Heart, It Was Always You, and Feeling Butterflies.

*The only new movie premiere this weekend is Hallmark Channel's "Make Me a Match." I know many Hearties and Sleuthers are happy to see the return of actress Eva Bourne (from When Calls the Heart and Garage Sale Mysteries). However, I do want to caution the basis of this story is focused on fortune-telling. Eva's character, Vivi, enlists the help of an Indian Matchmaker, Raina, who gives her a palm reading. Unfortunately, while I'd love to see Eva again, due to this storyline, this movie is a skip for me. (the Bible on fortune telling)

*In addition to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' Christmas movies airing this weekend, the Vice Channel will have two airings of the silly Christmas comedy Elf at 7pm/6c. and 9pm/8c. on Sunday, June 25th, which marks 6 Months 'til Christmas!!! (Please note: I am not familiar with this channel; therefore, I don't know the variety of commercials that may be shown.)

*QVC will also Countdown to Christmas on Sunday, June 25th, with a day-long airing of Christmas in July-themed programming.



*********************



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'm looking forward to catching some of my Christmas movie favorites this weekend on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

And for those of you who might be looking for the Christmas game this month to mark the 25th as we Countdown to Christmas, be sure to look for something fun next week!


May your weekend be Merry & Bright!
Net๐ŸŽ„




SHINING HIS LIGHT:

“But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.”
—Lamentations 3:21-23



21 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time to catch up on any movies we may have missed, especially the older ones. I already have my DVR set to record the North Pole one with Lori Loughlin as Iv never watched it. And thank you for the warning on the new movie “Make Me A Match”, I will most likely be skipping too. Hopefully I can catch her in a lead role in a future film as I do enjoy watching her from Garage Sale Mysteries. Have a blessed weekend everyone! We are almost halfway to Christmas ;)

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be skipping anything that's satanic.

    It would be really cool if they could play the Perfect Bride movies, because it stars Kavan and Pascale. Or their Hawaiian film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. AM. READY!! Got my dvr set to record a couple of early morning movies on Saturday and Sunday! (And thanks for those twinkling lights, Net!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone has or finds the following information during “Christmas in July”, please share it here for all of us who might want to know: 1-where we could find the specific movies airing on HMM on free apps (I do not have HMM & have been having difficulty with the Hallmark app.). I have looked for the first few movies and haven’t found any.

    2-Along with that, if you see that what has traditionally aired primarily on HMM and is now going to air on HC, please let us know.

    3-For some reason, while others seem to have watched more Christmas movies in the last few years, sadly, I have not. Please alert us to movies that people may not realize are part of a franchise. I sure don’t want to watch a 2nd movie before I watch the 1st one.

    Thanks to everyone for continuing to help us enjoy these sweet movies! Merry Christmas in July to All!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, Yay!!! Glad you were able to find some of the movies through the YouTube app. (mentioned in comment below)

      For your second question, I answered which Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Christmas movies are coming to the Hallmark Channel during Christmas in July in a new post - *here*. Your timing is perfect, since I already had this scheduled for today! :)

      As for your 3rd question, most of the Christmas movies are not sequels. Ones that come to mind that are sequels through the years are: The Bridge, The Father Christmas films, Mrs. Miracle, and Time to Come Home for Christmas.

      Plus, A Gift to Remember and Cherished Memories: A Gift to Remember 2. Those two movies do rely on one another.

      The Time to Come Home movies, however, are basically stand-alone films, except Alison Sweeney has a quick cameo in the Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas movie, which further progresses her story from Time for You to Come Home for Christmas. Each of the stories, however, are not really based on the previous film at all. The only similarity is the song the movie is based on - always touches the characters in the movie in some emotional way - that pulls their heart towards coming home.

      Hope this helps. If I think of any others, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  5. Aha! Whoo! Hoo! See above comment. I must have needed to write that to clear my mind. I just found the first two movies on the regular YouTube app! What I remember from looking for similar movies years ago is that they were only clips, or you would click on the movie, and they would try to send you elsewhere to get you to purchase it. One of them I saw looks grainy, but they are there and free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They’ve forgotten about Clayton James was on WCTH as Blacksmith Kevin Townsend from WCTH: Seasons 5-7

    His movie “Don't Forget I Love You” was on Hallmark Channel

    Pascale Hutton & Kavan Smith’s movies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh!!! I’m so happy it’s finally Merry Movie Week! I’m planning to binge all of the Time to Come Home Movies on Saturday! Happy Christmas in June everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Net for the information on Make Me a Match. We always liked Clara on When Calls the Heart but we won’t be watching this movie. The day long marathon with all my favorite When Calls the Heart stars sounds fun though. Paula T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! The Christmas lights are back! Thank you, Net for always shining His light so brightly. I love that scripture- “great is your faithfulness!”

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 25th my friends!! Going for A Veteran's Christmas.๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Everyone, Happy Half-way to Christmas Day! So many good movies to choose to watch! Tonight I am going to watch one that I recorded earlier this morning that I haven't watched in a while - A Gift to Remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Half-way to Christmas to everyone as well! I literally just told my 5 year old this and now she won’t stop asking me “how many more days mommy” :)
      I will be watching one of my faves, Christmas on Holly Lane from UpTv I think. I have watched it so many times but I love Sarah Lancaster and don’t get to see her in enough movies unfortunately.

      —Paula

      Delete
  12. I’m pretty sure Make Me A Match was not family-friendly. I never watch premieres until I know if they’re clean. In this case, the tv didn’t get channeled quick enough after watching It Was Always You. Within the first five minutes there was an uncomfortable innuendo about a guy cheating on his girlfriend with his boss. I did not stick around to see how it turned out, but pretty sure it was not good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. -The boss was implied a male.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed Merry Movie week over the weekend. I never saw Time for Him to come home, and while it seemed a bit predictable, it was very good. I love A Christmas to Remember so I was happy to watch that. I also enjoyed A Gift to Remember as I haven't seen it in a while.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just checked the new releases list and out of 10 pages found only one on dvd. I keep waiting for new dvds like Return to Christmas Creek, Christmas Bow, Maple Valley Christmas, Ghost of Christmas Always, Three Wise Men and a Baby, A Big Fat Family Christmas, Thanksgiving House and Love in Paradise to mention a few. But alas nothing. Hardly watch Hallmark any more. Don't find most of the movies that good and usually wait for reviews to see if there is inappropriate things in them. Liked Portrait of Love and a couple of others but not many.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen Kingsbury’s Maggie’s Miracle on HMM didn’t set reminder on Hallmark checklist today on the schedule when I check the calendar but it’s wasn’t there on the list of the movies.

    When I see Love Strikes Twice on Hallmark Channels?

    My favorite Christmas movie of Karen Kingsbury’s Maggie’s Christmas Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was skipping the movie; Make Me a Match that I was watching Christmas movies; Time to Come Home for Christmas movie franchise

    1) Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas

    2) Time for You to Come Home for Christmas

    3) Time for Us to Come for Christmas

    4) Time for Them to Come for Christmas

    5) Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas

    Upcoming Soon this Christmas: Time for Her to come Home for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Net!

    I am sure you are already aware of this but I decided to share this awesome news here. Seriously, I did a happy dance, in my office this morning when I saw this post.

    Lacey and Scott are going to star together in a new Christmas movie this year. Here is the link: https://tvline.com/casting-news/lacey-chabert-scott-wolf-hallmark-christmas-movie-party-of-five-reunion-1235006245/.

    The movie premise sounds interesting. Plus, I adore both of them so I have high hopes for this movie. I absolutely can't wait!


    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net