Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, June 23, 2023

Great American Family's Christmas in July🎄 - - Plus a NEW Mystery Movie🔎 Premiere!


Hip! Hip! Ho-Ho-Ho... Hooray!!!
Christmas Movies Air Night and Day!!!

Celebrate 🌟Christmas in July🌟 
with Great American Family's... 
🎄Great American Christmas in July🎄 
beginning FRIDAY, June 30th!!!

Enjoy CHRISTMAS MOVIES around the clock 24/7...
 with Jen Lilley, Trevor Donovan, Jill Wagner, Candace Cameron Bure, Cameron Mathison, Danica McKellar, Susie Abromeit, Daniel Lissing, Merritt Patterson, and more!


See all the details below...


Great American Family's
*Christmas in July* New Movie...





A Belgian Chocolate Christmas

Premiere Date: Saturday, July 8, 2023

Starring: Jaclyn Hales & Zane Stephens

Storyline: A photographer takes her best friend’s place at a Belgian culinary school during the holidays and connects with the chocolatier leading the class. As romance begins to bloom, the only problem is a case of mistaken identity.

Movie Reviews:

🎄 A Belgian Chocolate Christmas was very cozy. :)

And for those looking for new sneak peaks, there was a new trailer promoting new movies for the rest of this year, and there were a few quick new snippets of some of the new movies in Summer and Autumn! -Maria

🎄 Review: A Belgian Chocolate Christmas -
Family-friendly? Yes -
Keeper - Ugh! No way! -

To be perfectly blunt, this movie is a disaster!

All along, I felt like this movie was made by someone from a food network. Waaaaay too much time was spent comparing foods, or detailing how this was made or how that was made, to a point where the romantic plot - a very ridiculous mistaken identity plot - was secondary. Maybe that is why the romance seemed rushed, and forced, with no chemistry between the leads. (I hate to say this, but there seemed more of a connection between Zane and his male buddy than between Zane and Jaclyn!) Also, the acting by just about everyone was pretty bad! Unfortunately, not a good start for GAF. ~Mark 25

🎄 I agree with Mark 25. Really tired of the cookie cutter same old either a couple together at the start is not together in the end or everything goes great until the end where there is a big disagreement or misunderstanding and then they miraculously get to get her for the final kiss. Hopefully writers will use their strike to be more creative. Just my take ~JoCo

🎄 I am sorry to say my husband and I did not enjoy either new movie this past weekend. In fact, we did not finish either one. :-( Here's hoping things improve in the coming weeks. ~Joan

🎄 I watched the Belgian Chocolate movie this weekend and I liked it. It was a little slow, and I knew of course, the guy would be mad that she was pretending to be her friend, but she did want to tell him many times. I thought it was a pretty good movie. ~Sabrina

🎄 A Belgian Christmas was Family Friendly! I thought it was a cute movie, and the actors I felt had chemistry, and the scenery was really pretty. I really enjoyed this one :) ~Sarah

🎄 A Belgian Chocolate Christmas – this movie is sweet and family-friendly, but it’s just not the Christmas in July treat I was hoping for. I didn’t feel a major spark between the leads, Kate and Mathias, and his friend Pieter’s accent was rather bad (somewhat comical) throughout the movie. It’s okay for a one-time watch, but not a keeper for me. ~Net





********************************



(L-R) Ansley Gordon, Bret Green and Brittany Goodwin



The Abigail Mysteries

Previous titles: The Abby Brooks Mysteries, Mysteries of the Heart

Starring: Ansley Gordon, Bret Green, and Karen Abercrombie

Premieres: July 30, 2023

Storyline: This faith-based film, directed by Brittany Goodwin from Ansley Gordon’s script, centers on her character Abby Brooks, a true-crime podcaster struggling to come to terms with the loss of her baby and her subsequent divorce. Moving back to her hometown, she quickly gets wrapped up in a mystery surrounding the untimely death of her eccentric neighbor. Following the clues left behind for her, Abby goes on a journey of faith, reconnection and adventure as she works with her childhood crush, Matt (Green), a local cop who has secretly had feelings for Abby for years, to solve the layered mystery.

After you watch the movie, you may enjoy this article at Pureflix, which gives further details on the faith-based content in this film: LESSONS FROM POPPA: WHAT WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM POPPA IN 'THE ABBY BROOKS MYSTERIES.'

Plus, another article at Pureflix gives all of the scriptures shown in the movie: WE WROTE DOWN ALL THE BIBLE VERSES FROM 'THE ABBY BROOKS MYSTERIES' SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

*images via: Pureflix


Movie Reviews:

🔎 "The Abigail Mysteries" is a fascinating faith-based mystery with scripture clues that lead to the next clue. Abby Brooks is an interesting character, who has great curiosity, spunk, and some sorrow, as well, since she is going through a divorce and a miscarriage.

Due to the divorce, she has returned to her hometown, Prescott, to be near her sister and Poppa (her grandfather). The mystery portion is not gory, as very little is shown of the actual murder.

I loved seeing all of the scripture and elements of faith throughout the movie, and Abby was enjoyable to watch, as she parsed through all of the clues with her old friend, Police Officer Matt MacAdams. Being home obviously uplifts her spirit.

This movie feels like a mix of “Chronicle Mysteries,” since Abby is a crime podcaster, “Hannah Swensen Mysteries,” since Abby does her crime solving with a police officer in a close-knit town, and “Signed, Sealed, Delivered,” with the addition of faith to the mystery.

I hope Great American Family plans to make “The Abigail Mysteries” an on-going series! ~Net


🔎 The Abigail Mysteries is such a great movie. To be honest, it's my first mystery movie, I didn't watch any of them on Hallmark. I thought it wasn't my genre. And I'm so happy that my first experience was with Abby. It's not just a mystery, it's also about faith, trust in God, in His plan for your life. I liked the idea with all the Scripture clues. I liked the leading actors and it would be really great to see Abby again. This would make a great series to watch. So thankful to GAF and PureFlix for their determination to stand out, to be different in this world of all these so-called "popular trends". I was really blessed with this movie. ~Oksanka~


🔎 The Abigail Mysteries was very enjoyable. -Maria


🔎 The Abigail Mysteries..

I loved that it was faith based, the mystery itself wasn't that great, but better than I was expecting. It was nice seeing a positive cast. And having actual Bible verses and the message was good.

There were two things that bothered me..

1. The older deceased woman appearing as an angel and magically leaving her pieces of paper.

2. I was saddened that Abby and Ross divorced, since they both claimed to be believers. Marriage is meant to be forever and its holy and sacred.... I would have liked to see them patch up there marriage. And not have a Matt character /or/ no ex husband and keep Matt.

I'm enjoyed it, but not enough to buy it. ~Abigail


🔎 I haven't watched "Aloha Heart" yet but I may not. I am happy to hear it is family friendly but I am not sure if the premise interests me or not. I have heard it was slow and tedious as well as a substantial age difference between the leads. I like Taylor Cole, so I may still watch it but it won't be a must-watch right away. However, I did watch "The Abigail Mysteries". I did enjoy that movie immensely! The lead actress was absolutely adorable and I enjoyed her banter with the male lead who was equally adorable. :-) I hope they make more because so far, this is my favorite new movie mystery series to debut in the last year. It was refreshing to watch a movie that was not afraid to be 'faith based'. And, I believe in angels. Always have; always will. It comforts me knowing angels are watching out for us. I know for certain my sweet mama is my guardian angel. :-) ~Joan

🔎 I finally got around to watching The Abigail Mysteries and I was pleasantly surprised with the content, story, and cast. I hope GAF turns this pilot into an on-going series of TV movies. ~MPT



********************************



My Quick Take:

It looks like July will be all about Christmas on Great American Family!

UPDATE (July 2, 2023): NEW MYSTERY MOVIE COMING TO GREAT AMERICAN FAMILY ON SUNDAY, JULY 30th! See details above.

Starting in August, we can look forward to the premiere of a new movie EVERY SATURDAY!

Stay tuned for more new movies coming to Great American Family! (See the August/Summer movies - here)

I'm looking forward to reading your comments and reviews of the new movie, A Belgian Chocolate Christmas, plus your take on any of the classic Christmas movies airing during Great American Family's Christmas in July, beginning Friday, June 30th!

Click here to see the Christmas Movie Schedule!


Happy Christmas in July, everyone!!!
Net


23 comments:

  1. I’m checking TV Guide

    Great American Christmas in July
    June 30, 2023
    6pm ET/3pm PT
    24:7
    GAFAM

    Christmas in July
    July 1, 2023
    10am-12am ET/7am-9pm PT
    Everyday
    Hallmark Channel

    Miracle of Christmas
    June 23, 2023
    11pm ET/8pm PT
    24/7
    Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hlallmark movies and mysteries is not showing Christmas movies 24/7. Today and tomorrow they are showing Christmas movies 24/7. Monday thru Thursday Christmas movies start at 5pm this is what is posted on their website. Hallmark channel will air movies staring at 10am and ending at 10pm. Great American Family will be the only one 24/7.

      Delete
    2. Miracles Of Christmas for Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is during October-December during Christmas time, the event of Christmas movies playing on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries right now is called Merry Movie Week ahd the movies aren't 24/7. Theres only 4 Christmas movies playing during the week each day on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries but this weekend the movies are through the night and all day

      Delete
  2. Net, you have forgotten Romance at the Vineyard will premiere this Summer

    Starring Susie Abromeit & Tim Ross

    There’s promo trailer of Romance at the Vineyard during English Estate & Identical Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please look again under *My Quick Take* above. I didn't leave out "Romance at the Vineyard." Great American Family recently announced this movie will air in August.

      I've also seen the trailer on GAF - it looks great!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I already have plans to record a few movies next month. :))

    I saw the ad for Romance in the Vineyard on GAF's Twitter (wondering why they haven't updated their Youtube channel in a while), it looks great!

    Merry Christmas in July! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,

      Yes, that new promo on GAF for "Romance at the Vineyard" looks fantastic!

      Susie Abromeit and Tim Ross look like a wonderful on-screen match. Susie was delightful in "Love in Bloom," and I really liked Tim in "Hearts Down Under," so I'm thrilled we get to see them together!

      I shared an even longer trailer for "Romance at the Vineyard" (from Nicely Entertainment) in my Susie Abromeit Christmas post here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/06/behind-scenes-of-susie-abromeits.html

      But, I must warn you before watching the trailer, these longer promos often give a lot of the story away, so if you don't want any spoilers and prefer to be surprised, then you'll want to skip it!!! :)

      Merry Christmas in July early to you, too!!! Net

      Delete
  4. Happy almost "Christmas in July" Net!

    I love seeing all of this exciting news about upcoming movies on Great American Family. We all know we can safely watch a movie on that channel. Plus, some of my favorite actors and actresses will be gracing our tv screens. I am a happy girl right now! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for all of these new summer movie drops, love all of the actors in them!

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Joan on the family friendly movies on GAF. Thanks, Net, for the update. As the song goes - “I need a little Christmas…🎄☃️❄️
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce i CarolinaFriday, June 23, 2023

    Happy almost Christmas in July Net and to all who visit here!! I'm excited!! I see people complaining on FB about Christmas in July, saying it's too early. I don't understand that...never too early to enjoy Christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone know if GAC Family is playing Christmas all month of July.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, That is my understanding, but so far I've only seen the schedule up to the 17th.

      Delete
  9. A Belgian Christmas was Family Friendly! I thought it was a cute movie, and the actors I felt had chemistry, and the scenery was really pretty. I really enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. UPDATE: New Movie Title for Great American Family's all-new mystery.

    "The Abby Brooks Mysteries" is now "The Abigail Mysteries."

    I have the new key art featured above.

    Blessings, Net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt the need to warn you about a new coming film on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel. "The More Love Grows." I was interested when I saw the cast. I've always enjoyed Rachel Boston, but the plot of this movie is a married woman gets a separation from her husband and falls in love with someone else while still married. This is a definite no for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, Thank you for mentioning this. I will be sure to look into this more. This is definitely not something I agree with either. Blessings, Net

      Delete
  12. "The Abigail Mysteries" is a fascinating faith-based mystery with scripture clues that lead to the next clue. Abby Brooks is an interesting character, who has great curiosity, spunk, and some sorrow, as well, since she is going through a divorce and a miscarriage.

    Due to the divorce, she has returned to her hometown, Prescott, to be near her sister and Poppa (her grandfather). The mystery portion is not gory, as very little is shown of the actual murder.

    I loved seeing all of the scripture and elements of faith throughout the movie, and Abby was enjoyable to watch, as she parsed through all of the clues with her old friend, Police Officer Matt MacAdams. Being home obviously uplifts her spirit.

    This movie feels like a mix of “Chronicle Mysteries,” since Abby is a crime podcaster, “Hannah Swensen Mysteries,” since Abby does her crime solving with a police officer in a close-knit town, and “Signed, Sealed, Delivered,” with the addition of faith to the mystery.

    I hope Great American Family plans to make “The Abigail Mysteries” an on-going series! ~Net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally got around to watching The Abigail Mysteries and I was pleasantly surprised with the content, story, and cast. I hope GAF turns this pilot into an on-going series of TV movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MPT, Thank you for taking the time to share this review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, as well. I also think it has true potential to be a mystery series.

      I shared your review above. :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    2. Wow, thank you, Net!

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net