Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, April 21, 2023

☕🍲 Get a Taste of What's on the Movie Menu This Weekend! ☕🍲 SEE HERE:



Happy Weekend, Friends! I hope you'll be enjoying the outdoors on this Spring April weekend, but if you find yourself indoors for a little while, I have a few movie suggestions that you may want to sit back and enjoy with a delicious snack. The new movie premiere, A Pinch of Portugal, has a food theme, and many of the movie classics airing this weekend do as well. This is definitely a great movie-watching weekend for all of you foodies!

See all the movie details below...




Saturday, April 22, 2023:

The Hallmark Channel is airing several classic destination rom-com's on Saturday, including Hearts Down Under and Pearl in Paradise... 


and the premiere of...




Storyline: When a celebrity chef walks off his show, prep cook Anna (Heather Hemmens) must step into the spotlight and make the show her own, with the help of her Aussie cameraman (Luke Mitchell) and Portuguese location scout.

Premieres Saturday, April 22, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel



****************************


Saturday, April 22, 2023:

Chad Michael Murray might encourage you to get out the grill and barbecue with this...

Hallmark Hall of Fame Mini Marathon
on Hallmark Drama

Hallmark Hall of Fame Mini Marathon Schedule:

THE MAGIC OF ORDINARY DAYS - 5pm
THE LOST VALENTINE - 7pm
THE BEACH HOUSE - 9pm



****************************


Sunday, April 23, 2023:

Sleuth all day long with Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha with the...

Mystery 101 Marathon
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries



Mystery 101 Marathon Schedule:

MYSTERY 101: PLAYING DEAD - 11am
MYSTERY 101: WORDS CAN KILL - 1pm
MYSTERY 101: DEAD TALK - 3pm
MYSTERY 101: AN EDUCATION IN MURDER - 5pm
MYSTERY 101: KILLER TIMING - 7pm
MYSTERY 101: DEADLY HISTORY - 9pm


****************************


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! My family is planning a little get-together, so I'm really looking forward to that. It's nice to spend time with those we love and catch up on everyone's lives. Time is really the best gift we can give each other. If you can't be with your family, maybe you could give a call to someone you haven't talked to for a while. Who knows? Just hearing your caring voice on the other side of the line may be the highlight of their day.

Please note: I haven't pre-screened the new movie listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether this film is family-friendly, please share in comments.

Blessings to you all,
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT ☀️

"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."
~Psalm 34:8





28 comments:

  1. WARNING

    I can only find one movie called The Magic Of Ordinary Days but be warned it's about a pregnant unmarried girl.

    I personally love Hearts Down Under particularly the gorgeous Tim Ross and I'm hoping some channel will pick up his new movie with Susie Abromeit.

    The Lost Valentine is a wonderful heart-wrenching movie always worth another watch - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, Yes, that is the same movie starring Keri Russell. I would've mentioned the pregnancy, but I figured most everyone here was familiar with the film. Even though I typically don't like a story like this, the pregnancy storyline is handled in a mature delicate way. Her father sends her away to get married. The movie is quite captivating and you feel a sense of shame from her character - and redemption along the way. It is probably best for a mature audience over 13.

      Delete
    2. Magic of Ordinary Days is 1 of my favorite Hall of fame movies. :) -Maria

      Delete
    3. I love the Magic of Ordinary Days. I has always been a favorite of mine. It shows what patience, love and grace can accomplish in trying circumstances

      Delete
    4. I agree, Maria, The Magic of Ordinary Days is an amazing love story.

      Delete
    5. You've thrown me a curveball here in view of previous comments on movies, Net.

      You don't consider this family-unfriendly then? - Florence

      Delete
    6. What are your favorite Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas movies?

      Delete
    7. Florence, In this case, I don't think this film is suitable for young children, but I think teenagers and adults can understand the concept that people make mistakes and we can choose to be forgiving. Please know, there is no pre-marital sex shown in this film. The fact that she is expecting is considered to be immoral; that's why her father sends her away to be married to a lonely farmer. Even though she has made this mistake, there is still redemption and forgiveness for her.

      Delete
    8. Florence, I also want to warn that in The Beach House. Lovie (played by Andie MacDowell) takes in a young woman who is expecting.

      Delete
    9. Maria, Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of The Magic of Ordinary Days! :)

      Delete
    10. Oh my goodness, I really enjoy all three of those Hallmark Hall of Fame titles! "The Magic of Ordinary Days," especially, is such a beautiful heartfelt movie, up there as one of my all-time favorites! I think it was the first Hallmark movie I ever saw. I wish they'd make more of that caliber.

      Florence, for me at least, I don't define family-friendly as meaning a movie script mustn't have any of life's messiness in it. For me, it's more about how that messiness is handled and what over-arching lessons are interwoven. For example, is the pre-marital pregnancy portrayed in the movie as something that's no big deal because morals aren't a thing anymore, or is it portrayed as the painful result of a sinful life decision? It also matters to me whether that part of the plot is handled tastefully, or if lewd scenes are shown. In this particular movie, the consequences are life-changing, and the poor girl can hardly forgive herself for what she's done! With time, though, the Christ-like love and forgiveness she's offered leads her to redemption and a joyful life. It's a beautifully-done, sweet movie that I highly recommend.

      ~Alicia

      Delete
    11. Alicia, I completely agree with you and think your definition of family-friendly is spot on! - Jennifer R

      Delete
    12. Thanks for expressing your views, Alicia - I see things differently and it's not a movie I would want to watch but I certainly respect your viewpoint - Florence

      Delete
  2. You’ve wetted my appetite. Have a great weekend everyone! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing new on UP or GAF again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, there isn't anything new on either network this weekend; however, UPtv does have encore movie airings of Sweet on You (9pm/8c. and encores again at 1am/12c.) and Aloha with Love (11pm/10c.) on Sunday night.

      UPtv will have new movies premiering in May. You can see those films listed here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2023/04/uptvs-new-may-2023-tv-movie-premieres.html

      Delete
  4. What is your favorite Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas movies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like The Magic of Ordinary Days, A Season for Miracles, Front of the Class, Love Takes Flight, and Christmas with Holly.

      Delete
  5. Funny that you brought this up.. My mom and I just put in Magic of Ordinary Days on dvd yesterday(One of my absolute FAVORITES!!).
    They did a terrific job on that cast and location. Every character is perfect! Wish we could have more like this on!! But this was before Hallmark switched out quality to making cheaper chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoyed rewatching The Magic of Ordinary Days with your mom. It such a heartwarming movie and I agree, the cast is perfect - from Keri Russell to Skeet Ulrich - to the actors and actresses who portray his Sister, her husband and their children. It is a true stand-out in the Hallmark Hall of Fame productions.

      Delete
  6. Hi Net,

    I truly hope you enjoy your get together. I cherish any time I can spend with loved ones. :-) The weather is lovely here. A little chilly but sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Thank you! I will! Enjoy that sunshine for me... we have all clouds and it's chilly here today, too.

      Delete
  7. A Pinch of Portugal πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Ή is family friendly about when Anna takes over a cooking show after the head chef named Dean quits, she receives help from a cute Australian cameraman named Russ who turns out to be more than just an attentive co-worker. Simultaneously, she starts to fall for her Portuguese location scout. Will she turn this new opportunity into a whirlwind romance & a blossoming career?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m watching the Mystery 101 marathon, which is far better than the mysteries they are currently turning out. What do we have to do? Do we start a petition to demand Hallmark bring back and finish Mystery 101? I don’t know why Hallmark is being so stubborn about it. The fans clearly want this. They aren’t doing themselves any favors by denying viewers a finish to this series. In fact, they are turning more and more of their viewers away by the comments I’ve read on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. Mystery 101 is still my favorite and better than anything new they have come up with. Hope they do at least one more to maybe bring together Jill and Kristophers characters.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net