![]() |
| ( image: Great American Media ) |
Premiere Date: June 13, 2026 on Great American Family
Starring: Merritt Patterson and Liam McIntyre
Storyline: Savannah Cade, a quietly brilliant editor at a prestigious publishing house, secretly dreams of becoming a romance novelist, until her hidden manuscript is discovered and anonymously critiqued in the margins. As mysterious notes push her to rewrite both her book and her own tendency to stay silent, Savannah must decide whether to protect her career or finally speak up for the stories, and herself, that matter most. What begins as a professional risk slowly becomes a transformative love story about courage, creativity, and being seen.
*Adapted from the book, Meet Me in the Margins, by author Melissa Ferguson, who is also an executive producer.
Movie Reviews:
📖 Meet Me in the Margins was just okay for me. Sorry for anyone else who liked it, but I just didn’t feel any chemistry between Merritt & Liam. It was obvious who was writing the margin notes. And why did no one else know about the secret room? Christie
📖 Meet me in the Margins was just a fantastic Movie. It was even better than I thought it would be! This was my favorite Merritt performance to date-I thought she was just amazing in this role! I loved the actress who played her friend/roommate. I didn't realize how deep of voice Liam had! lol I thought the chemistry was great with all of the actors, There were some parts of the book that I wish were in this movie more-but that is just being nitpicky! lol I give this movie 11/10. Just loved it! Sarah
📖 Meet Me in the Margins is wonderful! –Maria
📖 Review: Meet Me in the Margins -
Family-friendly? Yes -
Recommend? Unfortunately no -
It pains me to say this, since Merritt is one of my favorites, but this movie has nothing going for it, and imho, is one of her worst!
This movie just draaaags! There is no energy to it, no life. The plot itself is not interesting - there is certainly no mystery, although it tries to be one. And some things just seem so improbable - I find it hard to believe that no one else ever goes into the Records room, or knows about her "secret" room. (And yet someone - we know who - manages to decorate it with lights, and get a big chair in there, without anyone knowing??)
But the worst thing about this movie is the lead actor - he simply has no charisma! I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would be attracted to this guy...and as far as chemistry? There was more chemistry between Merritt and her roommate/coworker than between her and this guy!
I recorded this movie to watch later at night, and I was so tempted to fast-forward through a lot of it. I didn't, but should have, and I wouldn't have missed anything. (There were some other problems, like poor editing, but I won't get into those.) I'm sorry, but this is a big "don't bother" from me! (And as an aside, does anyone else wish Merritt would go back to being a blonde?) – Mark 25
📖 I was unaware there was another Sarah leaving comments here, so I'll go by Sarah L from now on because our reviews are definitely quite different.
I recently shared my disappointment with "County Rescue" and I wanted to share my thoughts on "Meet Me in the Margins" but Mark 25 pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.
For me, the only bright spots in the movie were the two supporting characters...Sam, the coworker, and Lyla, Merritt's best friend and roommate. They brought much needed personality and energy to the story. Unfortunately, I didn't see much chemistry between Merritt and Liam, which made it hard to see their romance bloom.
The AI generated house images felt generic and, honestly, made the movie seem a bit low budget. I also couldn't figure out how William managed to get that chair through such a tiny door... it had to be 2-person job. And how did Merritt and William never cross paths in that secret room until the end... the whole premise felt disconnected. When did they fall in love... I just did not see it.
It took me three nights to finish the movie, and I was relieved when it was finally over! I will not be rewatching it! Also, there was supposed to be a mystery about who was leaving the notes, and if there had been it may have redeemed the movie. Not sure how GAF thought this would be a hit, but I see others that liked it, and I am wondering did we watch the same movie... it was a drag like you said Mark 25. BORING!!!!!
I also agree about Merritt's appearance. I think she is a natural beauty, but I personally feel the darker hair ages her. The blonde highlights were much more flattering. As for the wardrobe, it missed the mark for me. There were a couple of dresses that were fine, but overall, the fashion felt frumpy. The striped sweater wasn't my favorite, and that oversized satin jacket looked more like a robe, or a man's smoking jacket. The sash reminded me of something that belonged on my grandmother's curtains.
I had high hopes for this one and ended up very disappointed. I know there's a Christmas movie based on another book by the same author coming to GAF, and I'm hoping it will be much better. After this movie, though, I'm not feeling overly optimistic. ~Sarah L
📖 I 3rd the Overall remarks of Mark 25 and Sarah L 😉
I've Loved Merritt from the 1st movie(A Royal Winter), it was my introduction to Her, not until it was pointed out to me about her previous shows did I get the connection about Royal story.
I don't remember any movie last year, so I've missed her, I also had high hopes, but I was disappointed too!!
Hoping next movie will be a better fit for her, she is talented. ~Kathy♥Texas
📖 Meet Me in the Margins – I’ve so enjoyed reading everyone’s various reviews on Meet Me in the Margins, so I just had to share a few thoughts, too! This movie is wholesome, it has an interesting story concept, and I liked the idea of including a mystery, but truthfully, it wasn’t very mysterious who was writing the margin notes to Merritt’s character, Savannah.
I also wondered how someone was able to get extra decorations and a nice sized comfy chair into the secret room without anyone else knowing. Plus, the door Savannah went in to the secret room appeared to be smaller than your average door. How in the world did that chair fit through that???
Also, I wasn’t fond of the fact that William and Savannah lied to complete strangers about fostering a puppy, in an attempt to convince them to adopt. I know their intentions were good, but it just didn’t seem necessary to lie about it.
In the margin notes, the secret person was encouraging Savannah (through her character) repeatedly to find her voice and speak up for herself, but when William lied directly to his mother about sending Savannah to another publisher, Savannah said nothing. She remained silent. I was disappointed by that. I thought that would have been an important moment to finally speak up for herself, proving she had grown.
Frankly, I thought the chemistry between Savannah and William was lacking. There just weren't enough scenes featuring the two of them alone together, learning about each other, or connecting over shared interests. I wanted to feel that special draw between them, but I just didn’t.
I also have to agree with Mark and Sarah L. that I prefer Merritt’s hair lighter. Her hair looked especially beautiful in Picture a Perfect Christmas and One Perfect Match.
Overall, I really wanted to love this movie, but unfortunately... it’s a one-time watch for me. ~Net
📖 "Meet me in the Margins" - I don't even know where to start. Like several of you all, I had such high hopes for this one which is why it disappointed me so much. This movie bored me in so many ways.
I too, only liked the Merritt's co-worker who was also her roommate and her co-worker Sam. I kept nodding off last night, trying my hardest to get through this boring movie.
So many questions kept running through my mind which other reviewers, including you Net, which just didn't make sense. Liam, though nice looking, was wooden and had zero chemistry with Merritt. When they declared the love, I thought to myself, "Not possible" and "No way". Their relationship felt more like friends than anything else. And, I too prefer Merritt with lighter hair. The dark hair was too harsh and jarring and took away from how stunningly beautiful she is.
This was definitely a one-time watch for me. I never want to see it again. Now I need to re-watch "One Perfect Match" which is perfect in every way. She has amazing chemistry with Joshua!! I never get tired of that sweet gem of a movie. ~Joan
Looks like I’m in the minority concerning Meet Me In The Margins…I loved it!
I did notice the large chair that somehow managed to get through a small door but it wasn’t enough to diminish my enjoyment of the movie.
I loved Merritt and Liam together and thought that her acting seemed stronger than in her previous GAC roles.
In earlier parts, she didn’t seem to be really giving it her all and this felt like she was back to her original self.
I enjoyed Liam in his previous role in Designing Christmas With You and thought he was great here as well. I hope he continues to work with GAC. I would love to see them paired again. Rebecca
------------------
It's great to see Merritt Patterson in this upcoming new movie. My two favorite movies starring Merritt are Picture a Perfect Christmas and 'Twas the Text Before Christmas! What are your favorites? Please share in comments below.

*Click here for details & reviews*









Net, You've forgotten Meet Me in the Margins will be on streaming service: Great American PureFlix on June 11, 2026 just before Meet Me in the Margins on Great American Family on June 13, 2026 at 8pm ET/5pm PT
ReplyDeleteYes, I know this movie will be streaming as well. Sometimes I include the streaming dates in my posts, and sometimes I don’t. For most movies, I usually like to keep the focus on the TV premiere time, since not everyone has access to the streaming services.
DeleteI am so excited about this movie!!! I read the book, and it was so cute and hilarious. I'm glad to hear the author is an executive producer. Hopefully that means it will be as good as the book.
DeleteCute preview! 🥰
ReplyDeleteI love the 2 Merritt movies you said, Net, plus The Christmas Cottage! Christie
Christie, Great choice! That is such a fun movie, too! :)
DeleteI saw it in the author's newsletter. This looks good.
ReplyDeletedstoutholcomb, I just love Melissa Ferguson's excitement over her book becoming a movie!!! I'm so happy for her!!! :)
DeleteMy fave Merritt movie is also Twas the Text Before Christmas, Jayne Eastwood really adds such a special touch to the movie as the grandma!
ReplyDelete~Paula
Paula, Awww... I love that you love that movie, too!!! Jayne Eastwood is the best... she's been in so many Christmas movies through the years!!! She's so sweet... it's hard to believe Jayne played the mean woman, Mrs. Hammond, in Anne of Green Gables.
DeleteI am so looking forward to this movie too. Twas the text before Christmas and One Perfect Match.
ReplyDeleteBebe, Wonderful choices! Hope we love this new movie, too! :)
DeleteI am so looking forward to this - I missed not seeing one of my favorite actresses in anything new last year!
ReplyDeleteI am going to go with my top 3:
1. Christmas at the Palace (I love her relationship with the little girl)
2. Picture a Perfect Christmas (I love her relationship with the little boy)
3. Catering Christmas
Mark, I love your movie picks, too! Merritt has starred in so many good ones! I'm between Catering & Cottage for my third choice. So hard to choose. Hopefully, we'll love this new one, too!!! :)
DeleteMy favorites of Merritt Patterson are non-Christmas movies: "A Royal Winter" on Hallmark and "One Perfect Match" on Great American Family.
Deletei watched The Nutcracker Wish (2026) movie trailer on YT
ReplyDeleteThe film follows Clara, a small-town dance teacher who is gifted a magical nutcracker that unexpectedly comes to life on her front door. The romantic comedy stars Rachele Brooke Smith & features an ensemble cast
I've heard it's very similar to the 2018 Lifetime movie A Very Nutty Christmas.
DeleteIf it is avoid it like the plague - that movie is one of the leading contenders for worst Christmas movie of all time - complete and utter nonsense.
Although if my memory is not playing tricks I have a feeling Net didn't think it was that bad - Florence
Florence, Oh my goodness... no, I didn’t really love A Very Nutty Christmas. I only watched it once when it premiered, but I still remember it being pretty over-the-top and kinda bizarre.
DeleteI looked back at my old promotional post, and even before seeing it, based on the promotions, I described it as a zany, silly, and fun... definitely not a movie meant to be taken too seriously, but simply enjoyed for the laughs.
And honestly, I still think that sums it up well. I do remember laughing at just how ridiculous most of it was. So, if it made anyone else laugh or put a smile on their face, then that’s a nice thing.
A Perfect Christmas Pairing (2023)
ReplyDeletestarring Ansley Gordon & Chris Connell
it’s family friendly… Julia Reilly is in it…
i hope GAFAM could pick Love at Lookout Lake up on their channel
ReplyDeleteit’s family friendly about Gossip Columnist Sierra Rayburn under her middle name; Bliss as in Sierra Bliss & her childhood crush named Tyler O’Malley uses his pseudonym: JL Warrington to honor his late Wife named Jacqueline Lee & their cat named Warrington for his books.
starring Jonathan Stoddard & Cait Moira