Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

🎬 Great American Family Adds Second Film To Their September Movie Premieres...



Pass the popcorn...

Great American Family adds the lighthearted romantic comedy "Love's Second Act" to its channel for September. This film previously premiered on Great American Pure Flix back in May. If you like, you can read my review of this movie below.




Movie: Love's Second Act

Starring: Jodie Sweetin and Tilky Jones

Premiere date: Saturday, September 14, 2024 at 8/7c

Storyline: Jamie, portrayed by Jodie Sweetin, is an aspiring filmmaker, who heads back to her hometown for some inspiration. She finds it in ex-boyfriend, Nick, played by Tilky Jones, who still works at the small-town movie theater where they both first fell in love.


Movie Reviews:

🎬 Love’s Second Act – (streamed on Great American Pure Flix)

This is a lighthearted, family-friendly rom-com. The movie was a little slow for me, at times, but it was still a nice watch. It’s the standard story of a woman ,Jamie, played by Jodie Sweetin ("Full House," "Craft Me a Romance," "The Jane Mysteries") who leaves her hometown years ago, then returns and reconnects with her family and her childhood sweetheart, Nick, played by Tilky Jones ("Christmas Love Letter," "The Charm of Love").

Of course, the family business, the local theater, is also in danger of being sold by Nick’s father (played by George Wendt, famously known as Norm on the sitcom, "Cheers"). The theater is a special memorable place for Nick and Jamie, where they worked together as teenagers.

Overall, it is a pleasant, feel-good movie with a happy ending.

A side note for "Full House" fans… I thought it was kind of funny that Jodie played the older sister, and her sister’s name, of all names, was Stephanie.

I wonder if "Love’s Second Act" might be one of the movies we’ll see on Great American Family later this Summer or early Fall. (Update: I wrote this review on Tuesday, May 21, 2024, and my hunch was right! I'm glad more viewers will have a chance to view this movie, if they like, on Great American Family.) ~Net


🎬  Love’s Second Act - I LOVED this movie! Jodie Sweetin and Tilky Jones are a perfect pairing. The story was different, and the plot held enticing hints of what lay ahead. Beautifully written, acted, and directed. I would give it 3 1/2 stars, not perfect, but very near it! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ ~aunt_di_77

🎬 Love's Second Act

I think Net has more or less covered all there is to say about this movie. Standard Rom.Com fare which you will have seen many times over. I'm not the biggest fan of Jodie Sweetin nor do I dislike her but I though she and Tilby Jones who although somewhat easygoing combined quite well together

*SPOILERS*

It's one of those where you have to suspend belief - how could the theatre possibly have survived to date, , where did the money come from to buy a new popcorn machine,, the miraculous "saving" of the theatre, Jamie presenting her manuscript which she had returned home to complete to her agent on time etc.

END *SPOILERS*

The secondary cast was fine except for Nick's father who was a ridiculous character.

Taking all this together it shouldn't have worked and I agree it was slow moving at times but maybe because it was my favourite theme of "lovers reunited" I somewhat surprisingly have to say I actually enjoyed it - Florence's rating 7

🎬 Love’s Second Act - It is a hard pass for me! This movie was more than slow it was boring and plain awful. The set seemed so generic and so was the storyline. ~Anonymous



Official trailer:





For more details on the August/September movies previously announced for Great American Family - click here.

To see the TV Schedule for upcoming movie premieres, click here.


Happy movie-watching!
Net



15 comments:

  1. I saw Never Give Up on Great American PureFlix website. GAFAM could pick it up too, I’d like to watch this movie

    Never Give Up (2023)

    Deaf at age three, witness the incredible true story of how Brad Minns does the impossible in the Men's Singles Tennis Finals in the 1985 Deaf World Games.

    Cast: Harrison Stone, Erin Bethea, Drew Waters

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a hard pass for me! This movie was more than slow it was boring and plain awful. The set seemed so generic and so was the storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder about “Key to Love” coming back on TV on GAFAM

    Starring Corey Savier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Whatever happened to that movie??? It looked so interesting!
      ~Paula

      Delete
    2. Paula, “Key of Love” supposed to be premiere last year, 2023 in September or October & they changed to January 31, 2024 as they removed it on GAFAM on their website. When the movie back on TV & website. The key in fake book.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous & Paula -
      I also keep hoping they will add “Key to Love,” starring
      Corey Sevier and Alicia Dea Josipovic, back into the schedule. The previews for this movie looked so cute and intriguing when they previously showed them on Great American Family.

      Let's hope they can squeeze it into the Fall schedule before Christmas starts up! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm surprised that Jodie Sweetin is letting them put one of her movies on GAF. Didn't she make a big stink last year when she found out that one of her movies would be shown on GAF? I remember something about that. She made it very public how upset she was because she doesn't agree with GAF's views on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, That's right. When "Craft Me a Romance" aired on GAF and Jodie made that statement, I believe she & Candace were not talking at that time, but they are talking now, so I'm praying their relationship can be fully restored.

      Delete
    2. Once the movie is completed surely none of the cast would have any influence over where it was aired? - Florence

      Delete
  5. Hmmm I really liked him in Naughty & Nice with Haylie Duff but I don’t know…I don’t care for Jodi as an actress so I think I’ll pass

    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if this would be added! :) -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad this movie is coming to Great American Family. I have wanted to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What movies on Great American Family are you looking forward seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love's Second Act

    I think Net has more or less covered all there is to say about this movie.

    Standard Rom.Com fare which you will have seen many times over.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Jodie Sweetin nor do I dislike her but I though she and Tilby Jones who although somewhat easygoing combined quite well together

    *SPOILERS*

    It's one of those where you have to suspend belief - how could the theatre possibly have survived to date, , where did the money come from to buy a new popcorn machine,, the miraculous "saving" of the theatre, Jamie presenting her manuscript which she had returned home to complete to her agent on time etc.

    END *SPOILERS*

    The secondary cast was fine except for Nick's father who was a ridiculous character.

    Taking all this together it shouldn't have worked and I agree it was slow moving at times but maybe because it was my favourite theme of "lovers reunited" I somewhat surprisingly have to say I actually enjoyed it - Florence's rating 7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of Jodie Sweetin in the post above, she will also be starring in a new Hallmark movie with Corey Sevier titled: "The Heiress and The Handyman."

    At this time, "The Heiress and The Handyman" will premiere on Hallmark's streaming service Hallmark Movies Now on August 29th.

    It may air on the Hallmark Channel at a later date.

    Here are two images HMN released for this film:
    "The Heiress and The Handyman" - Image #1
    "The Heiress and The Handyman" - Image #2

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net