Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, May 13, 2024

Lacey Chabert To Film Christmas Movie NOT for Hallmark



While Hallmark previously announced that Actress Lacey Chabert will be starring alongside Actor Kristoffer Polaha in the film “The Christmas Quest” for its network this holiday season, there is another announcement today from Variety, announcing that Lacey Chabert will star in a streaming Christmas movie being made for Netflix’s 2024 holiday slate titled, Hot Frosty.

Details via Variety:
The film’s official logline reads, “Two years after losing her husband, Cathy magically brings a handsome snowman to life! Through his naΓ―vetΓ©, the snowman helps Cathy to laugh, feel and love again, as the two fall for each other just in time for the holidays…and before he melts.”

Other cast members include: Dustin Milligan (“Schitt’s Creek,” “The People We Hate at the Wedding”), Joe Lo Truglio (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Craig Robinson (“The Office”), Katy Mixon (“American Housewife”), Lauren Holly (“Dumb and Dumber”) and Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”). (according to Variety)

The story concept of a snowman coming to life reminds me of the 2017 Christmas movie, Snowmance, starring Ashley Newbrough, Adam Hurtig, and Jesse Hutch. The movie is silly but sweet, too, and I imagine Hot Frosty will also have its own mix of romance and comedy.

As for Lacey filming a Christmas movie for Netflix, I find this announcement to be rather interesting. Perhaps, if this movie were for any other time of year, it wouldn't be that shocking, but a CHRISTMAS movie... Wow! That is really surprising news!

I would love to know your thoughts on it. Please share in the comments below...


Have a Merry Day!
Net


16 comments:

  1. Good for her for finally doing something unrelated to Hallmark! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also shocked when I read this. Lacey is the Christmas queen for hallmark. If I remember correct she did sign a contract with them. So I am wondering is the contract done. Also if the contract is done and this movie is popular would Netflix sign her to an exclusive deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that the movie have any chance to be that popular. And i am saying it as a person who likes Lacey and wishes her success.

      Delete
  3. I don't have Netflix. I am not a fan of this.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering the awful scripts particularly with regard to Christmas she has been getting I'm not surprised Lacey would try to find something different.

    I would think this is a one-off.

    In general I find I rarely like Netflix movies aand the plot for this one really looks a load of tosh - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Florence - the plot of this one seems really lame. Unless this is done as a comedy (and maybe it will be, since it is mentioned below that it is written by the guy who wrote The Santa Summit), I think I will pass on it.

      Delete
  5. I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Hallmark is slowly introducing a new faces. Maybe it's also a reason why Ryan Paevey is disappointed with Hallmark and won't be in any new movie this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was taken aback at the announcement with Netflix. Lacey announced at the end of 2023 she was to host a unscripted series about party planning for Hallmark Movies Now to be released in 2024. Her exclusive deal for movies and other content ended in February, so I wonder if the 2024 Christmas movie with Kris Poloha is the last project under exclusivity and Hallmark and/or Lacey is moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe Lacey's exclusive contract with Hallmark ended at the end of February. It was a 2 year deal which started in February 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallmark's Twitter says that they have a big announcement coming tomorrow. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just checked other platforms, too, and the Hallmark Channel has this Christmas tease across all of their Social Media.

      For those who haven't seen it, the image includes a brightly colored Christmas tree with a large outdoor fancy tent and a gathering of people.

      Hallmark's message reads: "Mark your calendars for something NEW πŸ—“️… Magic awaits! We’ll share more on May 15!"

      Hmmm??? What could it be? Any guesses?????

      Could this be a Hallmark Christmas movie screening mixed with Christmas tree lightings and other Christmas activities??? The possibilities are endless!!!!

      Sounds exciting... can't wait to see what they share! :)

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  9. It was written by the guy who wrote The Santa Summit and In Merry Measure. Russell Hainline. Should be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the same thing Net! Reminds me of Snowmance & I love that movie, it is super cute! I’ll for sure give this one a watch. And I agree with the anonymous commenter above, maybe our fave stars are having to look elsewhere for work due to Hallmark introducing all these new (younger) faces. It’s sad because we all want to see our familiar ones, but who knows what is really going on…. Like I wonder if it’s hallmark not casting our veteran faves, or is it something regarding pay? I just don’t know….
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been dubious of Hallmark for some time now. Yes, it appears Hallmark is introducing new leads. So far, I have not been a fan. However, I live in hope.
    I suspect Lacey Chabert will commit to a single movie a year with Hallmark while looking to other streaming platforms for movies.
    The Hallmark announcement tomorrow should answer some questions. You all are great sleuths.😊
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plus, in addition to Lacey, Chad Michael Murray will also be filming a Netflix Christmas movie titled: "The Merry Gentlemen."

    The new romantic comedy will star CMM with Britt Robertson.

    "The Merry Gentlemen" Synopsis: To save her parents’ small-town performing venue, a former big-city dancer decides to stage an all-male, Christmas-themed revue.

    So... the question is, will Chad Michael Murray still have time to squeeze in filming a GFAM Christmas movie, too, with all of his other projects?

    He currently has another Netflix project currently streaming called "Mother of the Bride." I have not seen it, but I have heard it has a same-sex couple in it.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net