Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, May 5, 2023

TV Movies to Watch on this Historic Kentucky Derby πŸ‡ and Royal Coronation πŸ‘‘ Weekend!



Happy First Weekend in May, Everyone!

This Saturday, May 6, 2023, is the 149th running of the Kentucky Derby. It's nearly time to run for the roses!
Some of my momma's family comes from the state of Kentucky, so hearing and singing along to the words of "My Old Kentucky Home" is a cherished tradition for us. Next to the song, the second thing I look forward to on Derby Day is seeing all of the incredible fashions, with the gentlemen in their flamboyant, colorful suits and the ladies in their beautiful dresses and stylish matching hats. In the top image above, actress Rhiannon Fish looks appropriately dressed for an event like this with her wide-brim tea party-style hat and polka-dot sun dress. Although her new film has nothing to do with horse racing, I'm hearing this movie is filled not only with your typical Hallmark-esque romance, but a lot of comedy and amusing antics... all while looking stylish, of course!

Speaking of style and tradition, there will certainly be plenty of both at the coronation of King Charles III, also taking place on Saturday, May 6th. If royal-type movies are your cup of tea, to celebrate this event, UPtv will be airing on Saturday a movie marathon of their most popular royal-themed films.

See details on the movies airing this weekend below...




**************************


Saturday, May 6, 2023:

Catch Hallmark's *Spring into Love* movie...



Storyline: When Rory arrives at a quaint B&B on the lake for the vow renewal of her parents, she runs into her ex who broke her heart. Panicked, she pretends the B&B owner is her new boyfriend.

Premieres Saturday, May 6, 2023
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel




I found some similar fashions to the ones Rhiannon Fish wears in the movie, "When Love Springs." See the look-alike polka dot dress - here and the white wide brim hat trimmed with ribbon - here.



**************************



Saturday, May 6, 2023:

Roll out the red carpet for...




You are cordially invited...
to UPtv's Royal Movie Marathon!

UPtv's Royal Movie Marathon:
(all times below - Eastern Standard Time)

πŸ‘‘ A Christmas Princess - 9am
πŸ‘‘ A Royal Christmas Match - 11am
πŸ‘‘ Christmas with a Prince - 1pm
πŸ‘‘ Christmas with a Prince: Becoming Royal - 3pm
πŸ‘‘ Christmas with a Prince: The Royal Baby - 5pm
πŸ‘‘ The Princess and the Bodyguard - 7pm
πŸ‘‘ A Royal Christmas Engagement - 9pm


*See more details on these movies - here!



**************************


Saturday, May 6, 2023:

Sleuth throughout the day with Alison Sweeney and Benjamin Ayres in the...

Chronicle Mysteries Marathon
on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries



πŸ”Ž CHRONICLE MYSTERIES: RECOVERED - 1pm

πŸ”Ž CHRONICLE MYSTERIES: THE WRONG MAN - 3pm

πŸ”Ž CHRONICLE MYSTERIES: VINES THAT BIND - 5pm

πŸ”Ž CHRONICLE MYSTERIES: THE DEEP END - 7pm

πŸ”Ž CHRONICLE MYSTERIES: HELPED TO DEATH - 9pm



**************************



Sunday, May 6, 2023:

Can you solve these puzzles with Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott in the...

Crossword Mysteries Marathon
on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries



πŸ”Ž CROSSWORD MYSTERIES: A PUZZLE TO DIE FOR - 1pm

πŸ”Ž CROSSWORD MYSTERIES: PROPOSING MURDER - 3pm

πŸ”Ž CROSSWORD MYSTERIES: ABRACADAVER - 5pm

πŸ”Ž CROSSWORD MYSTERIES: TERMINAL DESCENT - 7pm

πŸ”Ž CROSSWORD MYSTERIES: RIDDLE ME DEAD - 9pm




**************************


I hope you all enjoy the new movie (hopefully, "When Love Springs" is as cute as it looks!), plus the royal and mystery marathons this first weekend of May!

Please note: I haven't screened the new movie listed above. If you'd like to post a review on whether this film is family-friendly, please share in comments below.

Have a wonderful weekend! 
Blessings to you all,
Net


☀️ SHINING HIS LIGHT ☀️

"Who is he, this King of glory?
The Lord Almighty—
he is the King of glory."
~Psalm 24:10 (NIV)



14 comments:

  1. Sorry but it's mainly negativity from me this weekend apart from When Love Springs which looks promising - the trailer looked as if there was good chemistry between the leads.

    I'm not a fan of Royal movies and the ones chosen by UP are not even among the better ones.

    I admired Queen Elizabeth II but am not a fan of Charles.

    I was enjoying The Princess & The Bodyguard when I first saw it until it was ruined for me when it turned out that Noah had been married before.

    As for the mysteries Benjamin Ayres is the most uncharismistic actor I have ever seen and while the others were good when originally shown knowing the outcome spoils the enjoyment.

    Either try to watch more Christmas movies from 2022 or watch Mixed Baggage yet again - I really love that movie.

    Only just realised that Spencer Lord (Jake from MB) was the other guy in A Honeymoon To Remember which has to be the leading contender for worst Rom.Com of all time despite the good cast.

    I hope Hallmark give Spencer an outing at some stage - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Net,

    That is so cool to hear your mama has family from KY. KY is my home state. I live in Louisville and will be celebrating the Derby. :-)

    I am looking forward to the Chronicle Mysteries marathon and the new movie 'When Love Springs'. I LOVE Rhiannon. She is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great time Joan! I'm about an hour away from you in Owensboro. I'll try to catch it on tv. :D

      And that movie looks sweet and I adore her in her dress and hat. Aww! Can't wait.

      Delete
    2. Joan and Abigail, I hope you both enjoyed watching the Kentucky Derby on Saturday. It was a grand event, as usual. The race that really tugged at my heartstrings was an early race with a horse called Cody's Wish.

      I'll share the video clips of the story and race via YouTube, but warning - it's a real tearjerker! What a precious boy and beautiful family...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNYm5_kA-Nk&t=262s

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCe9peAix0

      Delete
    3. Hi Net! Yes, I enjoyed watching the Kentucky Derby. And, the early race, with the Cody's Wish, was the highlight of the day. Such an inspirational story. Cody's and his family were so sweet and Cody's story made me cry. So happy to witness the outcome of that race. :-)

      Hi Abigail! I hope you were able to watch both races. And, so happy to see another fellow Kentuckian follows our friend Net. :-) Owensboro is a lovely town.

      And, 'When Love Springs' was a fun movie. Rhiannon was great as usual and I loved the relationship she had with her sweet family. Plus, the scenery was spectacular and she had wonderful chemistry with the B & B owner. The message, written in the fan, made my heart stop. Life is so precious and goes by way too fast. Anyway, I recommend the movie. :-)

      Delete
  3. I wonder about about Chronicle Mysteries in works?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice Much Ado About Christmas @ 8pm ET/5pm PT on GAFAM today

    Did they change back Much Ado About Christmas -> A Hot Cocoa Christmas -> Much Ado About Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAF is continuing to do well in the ratings from their latest ratings report: http://thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2023/05/05/great-american-family-extends-streak-as-tvs-fastest-growing-network-for-six-consecutive-months-168512/20230505gaf01/

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I am so happy for GAF, I will be curious what their rating will look like once they debut more new movies, I know they have been hard at work building up their movies :)

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to When Love Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m watching Chronicle Mysteries. I hope there more Chronicle Mysteries movies will develop in works or still in works. We want more Chronicle Mysteries movies .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watched the Princess and the Bodyguard. It was cute and cheesy, but fun. Could do without the yoga though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I seem to have a minority opinion on a few movies lately! :( And that may be the case here. I watched about 20 minutes of When Love Springs and then turned it off. Rhiannon's character was so childish, and the plot so ridiculous (suuure, people will believe that this guy that she just met is her boyfriend), that I couldn't bear to watch anymore. I was really hoping I would enjoy her as much as I enjoyed her in A Picture of Her, but unfortunately, not even close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mark,

    I almost turned off the movie too but stuck with it. It did get much better because Rhiannon calmed down and things turned around. But, I agree with you. I enjoyed the Picture of Her more. That is my favorite movie of hers so far. She and Tyler were magic together. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net