Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, March 9, 2023

πŸ”Ž Hallmark Announces: AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: SOMETHING NEW πŸ”Ž SEE DETAILS:




Hallmark Media Press Release:

HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES 
THROWS IT BACK 
TO WHEN IT ALL BEGAN WITH
‘AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES: 
SOMETHING NEW’
A PREQUEL TO THE POPULAR, 
LONG-RUNNING 
‘AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES’

Skyler Samuels Stars as Young Aurora and Evan Roderick as Young Arthur

Marilu Henner Reprises her Role as Aida Teagarden


STUDIO CITY, CA –– March 9, 2023 – Hallmark Movies & Mysteries throws it back to when the sleuthing first began with “Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New,” a prequel to the network’s popular, long-running “Aurora Teagarden Mysteries” premiering later this year, it was announced today. Skyler Samuels (“The Gabby Petito Story,” “The Gifted”) will star as young Aurora, Evan Roderick (“A Tale of Two Christmases,” “Autumn in the City”) as young Arthur and Marilu Henner (“A Kismet Christmas,” “Evening Shade”) is set to reprise her role as Aida Teagarden.

“Our viewers have been waiting for more adventures with Aurora and her friends – what better way to do that than to take them back to when the young, amateur sleuth was just coming into her own?” said Emily Merlin, Development Manager, Programming, Hallmark Media. “The Aurora Teagarden franchise is a fan favorite, and we’re excited to share this new chapter with viewers.”

“Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New” is set in Aurora Teagarden’s (Samuels) post-college days when she finds herself back home in Lawrenceton. While her mother, Aida (Henner), struggles to keep her newfound real estate business, Aurora supports herself by working as a teacher’s assistant in a crime fiction class, and waitresses at the local diner at night, where she shares her love of researching true crime with her friend Sally and police officer Arthur (Roderick). When Sally’s fiancΓ© doesn’t show up at their wedding rehearsal, Maid of Honor Aurora gets Arthur to help her search for him. When they discover a body, everyone assumes it is Sally’s tardy groom, but when it turns out to be someone else, Sally’s fiancΓ© becomes the main suspect.

# # #


My Quick Take:

I must say this movie announcement today was quite a surprise! When I first read the press release, I could hardly believe my eyes. Did you have the same reaction? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It sort of seemed to me that Aurora's story, for the most part, had been told. I'm rather surprised to see they are taking the Aurora Teagarden story back in time to the past. It's hard to envision anyone else portraying Aurora Teagarden than Candace Cameron Bure; however, Candace's real-life daughter, Natasha, previously portrayed a younger version of Aurora Teagarden in the last movie, Haunted By Murder. I do wonder what kind of reaction this new Aurora Teagarden movie will receive from sleuthers and Candace fans???

Please share your take in comments below.

Happy Sleuthing!
Net

32 comments:

  1. Here's my reaction: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! All I see from this move is absolute stupidity and pettiness that they lost their most popular actress to their competition. Aurora made more movies then the other mysteries for this reason: They were popular and high rated! Candace is the face of this series! Anyone other then her daughter being her is just an absolute insult to the series and to all the fans who loved this series over the years.

    I was planning on recording that new movie on HMM this weekend, but after this move, no thank you! (Seems like whenever I try to get interested in any new interesting movie HMM tries to put out, Hallmark goes and does something that annoys me so much I just skip the movie all together.) -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more!!! A hard pass for me!

      Delete
  2. Really? Do they have to do this? I wonder how CCB and all the other main stars feel about this. Being replaced. I don’t think I like it. For one, it kind of dampens any hopes we have of CCB continuing the series on GAF. Does this mean she won’t get/doesn’t have the rights to the franchise? I think it would be different if it were their daughters portraying them as they did in the last real movie. All-in-all this is disappointing.-Anonymous1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like you, are surprised. I know that Candace Cameron Bure decided to go to GAC, so maybe they think we won't miss her? I'd rather see the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries on GAC with CCB. Not sure how this one will be received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnne, Well said! I, too, would much rather see "Aurora Teagarden" continue with Candace Cameron Bure on Great American Family!

      Delete
  4. I read about this just a few moments ago in a TV Insider "breaking news" email. Some Hallmarkies don't like mysteries, so don't pay for the higher cable tier for HMM. But I love them and I'll be watching even though I'm long past the youth market that this spinoff may be trying to attract.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will skip this one. CCB is Aurora and made the series. I am hoping GAF develops some mystery movies in the future. I would like to see mystery movies with a theme of finding lost or stolen items or maybe reuniting family members.

    Thanks, Net, for the interesting update.
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no desire to watch Aurora Teagarden if CCB isn’t playing Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes no sense to me. They are making Aurora and Arthur younger but not her mom Aida. While Marilu is still beautiful she is showing her age. Bad move on their part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stupid and odd. They're trying to hold onto the series simply so GAF and CCB can't get rights to it. Why continue the series and go back to when Aurora was younger?! Seems like a desperate act from Hallmark to keep viewers. Either scrap the series entirely or make a new one. 🀦🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll keep an open mind on the movie but can't really get my mind round as to what Hallmark's thinking is behind this - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with TV Senior that this new series will be geared toward a younger audience. And that means I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of wokeness and non-family-friendly content in it! I'm not even going to check and see if that's the case.

    Oh well, at least they didn't decide to continue the original series and have Jodie Sweetin play Aurora! Ughh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Florence

      Delete
    2. Your last comment cracked me up, Mark 25!

      ~Alicia

      Delete
    3. Mark 25, Yeeesss!!! Thank goodness they didn't choose Jodie - after the whole "Christmas Under Wraps" sequel debacle!!!! Excellent point!!!

      However, have you heard the news that Jodie Sweetin did film a new Hallmark mystery? It's supposed to premiere sometime this Spring, so I imagine Hallmark will make an announcement sometime soon.

      Sure wish GAF would surprise viewers by making something great with Candace and Lori now, instead of waiting until Christmas.

      Delete
    4. Really, interesting. I love her from Full House, but am sad to hear about how liberal she is. We need to pray for her. Maybe God can use Candace to share the gospel.

      Delete
    5. I wouldn't like that either Mark 25, but I gotta say... Jodie would probably do the best job imitating Candace in the way she acts and talks considering how they grew up together on Full House. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  12. This does seem odd to me. I remember when Natasha portrayed her as a young Aurora and she did really well. I would have preferred they use Natasha again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too thought Candace's Aurora's story was quite complete. Not saying this won't still be a fun movie or good story, but at the same time, this seems unnecessary especially with all of the other mysteries they could still continue either with people who don't have exclusive contracts with other networks or are still with Hallmark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would not watch this if it were the only thing on TV. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have mixed feelings over this. I'm curious to see this, but disappointed that Candace won't be there. Seems like Hallmark is trying to replace the whole Aurora Teagarden series. This gives me no hope for the true future of the series(at least on Hallmark.)

    I also don't the idea of recasting main characters. It normally never works out. Disney tried it with Little House on the Prairie...FAIL! You can't replace Michael Landon or Melissa Gilbert, and the whole Ingalls family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I remember that attempt to recreate Little House! It was okay, but... you are so right, it was impossible to compete with the original! It seems kind of strange to go back in time and pair Aurora with Arthur again, especially when we all know that doesn't work out in the end. Watching two actors pretend to be them in their younger days just feels awkward.

      Delete
    2. Agreed Net, especially since the two characters are married to Nick and Lynn. I hope we don't see any dating or romantic interests with them. That would make me uncomfortable, because I love the originals and they are so faithful to their spouses.

      Delete
  16. What do you think of Aurora Teagarden Mysteries without Candace Cameron Bure?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce in CarolinaThursday, March 09, 2023

    I think it's a horrible idea. Only good thing would be maybe there's still hope for some of the mysteries we all miss so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have had no problem with this if Hallmark wanted to tell a young adult series, that had Natasha Bure and Mia Shanks star. That could have been cool and it easily could have been a weekly series in the style of how Aurora becomes the woman she is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be watching. I don't mind the change up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is such strange and surprising news. Hmm, I think it's better to do this flashback prequel thing than to foolishly attempt a doomed continuation with a different Aurora married to Niall. No high hopes here, but since I like mysteries, I'll give it a try.

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  21. which takes place after Aurora's college graduation and comes back to Lawrenceton.

    In a summary of the official press release, Aurora returns home from school to help her mother as she tries to keep her new real estate business afloat. Between working at a local diner and as a teacher's assistant for a crime fiction class, she's the maid of honor in her friend Sally's wedding. But when Sally's fiancΓ© suddenly goes missing, Aurora launches an investigation and ends up discovering a body. After assuming it was him, she learns it's not only someone else, but Sally's fiancΓ© might be the culprit.

    Wow, we can't wait to see this unfold on our small screens!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net