Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

New Movie - Inspired by Jane Austen's Emma - Coming in March on Great American Family...





Great American Family has a new movie listed now for March- Happily Ever Emma (Please note: this title has recently changed!), starring Monica Moore Smith, Dan Fowlks, and Mason D. Davis! (Alternate titles include: Lights, Camera, Romance and Lights, Camera, Emma)

Storyline: Actress Emma Hutton is determined to help find her friend Hope a perfect match, but in doing so, she accidentally tramples on several hearts (including her own). The movie is inspired by Jane Austen's "Emma."

Happily Ever Emma is currently set to premiere Saturday, March 4, 2023, at 8pm/7c.

Stay tuned for more movies airing in March on Great American Family!

My Quick Take: Jane Austen's "Emma" is one of my dear favorite books and movies. There have been several movie versions over the years; my favorites are the 'Emma' film starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam and the PBS Masterpiece 'Emma' mini-series with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller. It's delightful to see how entangled Emma becomes in trying to play matchmaker with her dear friends. I'm rather curious to see how this modern movie will relate to the beloved classic.

Happy movie watching, Net




11 comments:

  1. Emma is my very favorite Austen book, and I love the same two movie versions as Net! There is another older version with Kate Beckinsale that I do NOT recommend, I did not like her as Emma. At. All.

    Really excited to see what GAF does with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! Hope the rest of the lineup is also good. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there’s more movies for March

    My One True Love
    Starring Andriana Manfredi, Ross Jirgl, Shae Robins

    Love on Tour
    Starring Sara Fletcher, Nick Ferry

    Quest for Love
    Starring Jake Stormoen, Eva Hamilton, Jonny Swenson

    Treasures of the Heart
    Starring Lary MΓΌller, Oran Stainbrook, Tatum Chiniquy

    Beauty and the Billionaire
    Starring Sashleigha Hightower, Chris Reid, Tanner Gillman

    Meet Me in New York
    Brooke Nevin & Corey Sevier

    Sister Dating Swap
    Megan Hutchings & Laura Collins

    Just for Showmance
    Steve Belford & Romaine Waite

    From Italy with Amore
    Marcus Rosner

    Scented with Love
    Marshall Williams

    Etc…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Italy With Amore is Not Family Friendly!! It aired in Canada. It has two married men trying to adopt a child and it actually shows those two men kissing!!

      Delete
    2. Alsdo Quest For Love, Beauty And The Billionaire, and Scented With Love have been aired somewhere! - Florence

      Delete
  4. Austen fan, so this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May contain Spoilers

    Interesting one this - it scores at a lowly 5.6 on IMDb and there are harsh reviews about both the plot and actng.

    I'm only vaguely familiar with the Jane Austen novel having read only Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightley/ Matthew MacFadyen movie was my favourite with MacFadyen surprisingly good as D'arcy) and Sense and Sensibility.

    I just accepted it as a regular Rom.Com - nothing you wouldn't have seen before but I found it pleasant and it held my interest.

    It was family friendly and I really liked the two leads Monica Moore Smith and Dan Fowlks both of whom I was unfamiliar with.

    I found the acting fine and the secondary cast blended in well.

    Lifetime friends who eventually realised they loved each other while both were dating other partners.

    I would have liked this to happen much earlier in the movie as I love a bit of angst!.

    While I regularly agree with IMDb, I'm at odds with this one - I would rate it a good 7.5 - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I FOUND IT!!! I'm not sure what happened, but your review just showed up in the comment section. Very strange, huh? I've never had that happen before, but I'm so glad to have your review on this movie. I tend to often disagree with the IMDB ratings, as well. It's so good to see your higher ranking for Happily Ever Emma!

      Delete
    2. I nearly wrote it again last nght but didn't get round to it - that was lucky!

      Was meant to be - Florence

      Delete
  6. I thought I had posted a review for Lights Camera Emma at the beginning of the week - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, I just double-checked my comment area and spam folder, but I couldn't find it. I'm so sorry. If you have the time to re-submit it, that would be great. I'm sure many (myself included!) would love to hear your thoughts on this movie.

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net