Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

πŸ”Ž June 2021 Hallmark Mystery Movie Premieres - Aurora Teagarden Mysteries & To Catch a Spy! πŸ”Ž Get the Scoop Here:


Get ready for wedding bells and more sleuthing with an all new Aurora Teagarden Mystery, plus look for an all new mystery movie, To Catch a Spy, - this June on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries!

See all of the movie details below...



πŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”Ž


Movie: Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Til Death Do Us Part

Premiere Date: Sunday, June 13, 2021





Starring: Candace Cameron Bure, Niall Matter and Marilu Henner

Storyline via Hallmark: Just days before Aurora’s wedding, a body is discovered, and she fears her father may be a suspect. She and Nick race to solve the cold case before they walk down the aisle.


Review:

πŸ”Ž "Aurora Teagarden: Til Death Do Us Part – What a fascinating mystery, especially since it revolved around Aurora’s father, who we finally get to meet for the first time. When he becomes one of the key persons of interest after old skeletal remains are discovered, it rattles Aurora enough to want to postpone her wedding to Nick. Can she solve this cold case before their wedding day? It’s much harder to do this time around, though, since she is so close to all of the suspects. Nick, however, is Aurora’s rock, always concerned over her thoughts and feelings. Another interesting detail, was watching Aurora’s parents together again – very sweet! Even though I figured out who-dun-it before the person was revealed, I still enjoyed watching the mystery unravel, and WEDDING SPOILER – Aurora and Nick do get married! I loved seeing the church with the crosses on the walls and the stained glass windows. Plus, it was lovely to see both parents walk Aurora down the aisle. This was definitely a family friendly movie mystery." ~Net




πŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”Ž



Movie: To Catch a Spy

Premiere Date: Sunday, June 20, 2021




Starring: Nathalie Kelley, Colin Donnell and Patti Murin

Storyline via Hallmark: A travel writer witnesses a murder at a hotel in Malta and becomes ensnared in a web of intrigue and espionage as she tries to find the killer before the killer finds her.


Reviews:

πŸ”Ž "TO CATCH A SPY - To Catch a Spy was definitely more intense than the typical Hallmark mystery movies. It felt like it was more action-packed, which I don’t see a lot in Hallmark mystery. It kept me on the edge of my seat and engaged all throughout the movie. I liked the two leads. I enjoyed the writing and directing. The story wasn’t super realistic honestly, but the dialogue was funny, entertaining, and the mystery aspect was pretty good. I’m wondering if this is a pilot of a series or is it a single movie. I wish there will be a sequel! I want to see more of Chloe and Aaron😍" ~CH Mom

πŸ”Ž "To Catch a Spy – was thrilling and engaging! All the major and minor characters played an important role in putting the pieces of this puzzle together. Some scenes, such as the motor scooter – car chase were absolutely incredible, based on the cinematic style. I could hardly believe I was watching a Hallmark movie; it seemed like something I would see on the big screen - as we watched the scooter and black car dodge in and out of traffic, pedestrians, and around tall buildings. Thankfully, To Catch a Spy was NOT an audacious departure from the PG sort of mystery we are used to on Hallmark, but something about the movie seemed bigger and bolder. There was just a hint of romance, as the mystery itself took the full lead in this story. I enjoyed trying to figure out who-dun-it; all of the possible suspects had me guessing throughout the movie." ~Net, It's Wonderful Movie

πŸ”Ž "I have to admit based on the advance storyline I wasn't particularly looking forward to To Catch A Spy - in the event I really enjoyed it - it seemed to be a step up from Hallmark in the mystery stakes with more profound and exciting action. I wasn't that keen on Colin Donnell in Love On Iceland - in fact I would have preferred the heroine to have taken up with the Icelandic tour guide! - but here you would hardly recognise him as the same person. Basically there wasn't a romance in this but I definitely felt that in the scenes between Colin and Nathalie Kelley there was a certain frisson and I loved them together. The mystery was actually intriguing although I would agree with CH Mom that parts weren't exactly realistic and they kept us guessing right up to the end - it really could have been any of the suspects who all played their parts well. I may very well be wrong but my feeling is that this is a one-off although I wouldn't mind at all seeing a sequel. I really do think they could have given us a better ending - something as simple as when Nathalie turns down the job offer and they hug and say goodbye Aaron could say "Actually I have to attend a conference in Seattle in 6 weeks time would you like to meet up?" Chloe could answer "Yes, I'd like that" - nothing concrete but it would have given us a bit of hope! For me one of the most enjoyable Hallmark Mysteries to date." ~Anonymous





πŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”Ž



I was so excited to see Roe (Candace Cameron Bure) finally get married in the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries! See reviews for this all new mystery movie and "To Catch A Spy" above!

Please note: Typically, the mystery movies (due to violence) are best suited for ages 12 and up. If you'd like to add a review, on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in comments below.


Happy sleuthing! Net



*images via: Hallmark Crown Media Family Networks

19 comments:

  1. I am excited about both of these but especially excited about the new mystery series (Spy). I would like to see more Red Herring films also (hated the first ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tvh, Thank you for sharing that. Have you seen the promo on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries for To Catch a Spy. It looks intense, like a James Bond movie or something that belongs at the theater. I was really impressed by the promo they released; Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing it, as well!

      Delete
    2. great promo. correction: i was trying to say i hated the first red herring. not the others.

      Delete
    3. tvh - Yeah, I thought it was odd they changed her father after the first one, especially since actor, Shawn Christian, used to be Taylor Cole's actual Step-Father.

      Delete
  2. Alison Sweeney and Cameron Mathison Reunite for New Hannah Swensen Mystery at Hallmark

    Murder, She Baked Mysteries: Cream Puff Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have the wedding movie.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, Denise - This will really change up the "Aurora Teagarden" series!

      Or... is it "Aurora Teagarden-Miller" after this???

      Delete
  4. Are there any Mysteries Movies on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries where the lead characters are murdered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, Not that I am aware of. Mostly, the leads get into trouble, but they always survive.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see the new Honeymoon, Honeymurder Aurora Mystery. Looks very good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aurora Teagarden: Til Death Do Us Part – What a fascinating mystery, especially since it revolved around Aurora’s father, who we finally get to meet for the first time. When he becomes one of the key persons of interest after old skeletal remains are discovered, it rattles Aurora enough to want to postpone her wedding to Nick. Can she solve this cold case before their wedding day? It’s much harder to do this time around, though, since she is so close to all of the suspects. Nick, however, is Aurora’s rock, always concerned over her thoughts and feelings. Another interesting detail, was watching Aurora’s parents reunite together again – very sweet! Even though I figured out who-dun-it before the person was revealed, I still enjoyed watching the mystery unravel, and WEDDING SPOILER – Aurora and Nick do get married! I loved seeing the church with the crosses on the walls and the stained glass windows. Plus, it was lovely to see both parents walk Aurora down the aisle. This was definitely a family friendly movie mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TO CATCH A SPY - To Catch a Spy was definitely more intense than the typical Hallmark mystery movies. It felt like it was more action-packed, which I don’t see a lot in Hallmark mystery. It kept me on the edge of my seat and engaged all throughout the movie. I liked the two leads. I enjoyed the writing and directing. The story wasn’t super realistic honestly, but the dialogue was funny, entertaining, and the mystery aspect was pretty good. I’m wondering if this is a pilot of a series or is it a single movie. I wish there will be a sequel! I want to see more of Chloe and Aaron😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this mean it isn’t family-friendly?

      Delete
    2. I believe it is rated PG, so It's still comparable to other Hallmark mystery movies, so if your whole family is used to watch Aurora Teagarden, Murder She Baked, Crossword Mysteries, etc... then this should be fine. No issues that I know of as far as portraying liberal "agenda" if that's what you meant. It does show victim with a pool of blood... so i guess it depends on the ages of your kiddos if they're watching with you. The intense part I was referring was the car chase and the psycho-ish portrayal/acting of the culprit (ending scene).

      Delete
    3. Thank you, CH Mom, for adding this info. It is harder to define the mysteries as being wholesome or family-friendly, isn't it? I wish I could think of a better way to label them.

      I thought your assessment was spot on. Thank you, as always, for taking the time to share with us!

      Delete
  8. Movie Review:

    To Catch a Spy – was thrilling and engaging! All the major and minor characters played an important role in putting the pieces of this puzzle together. Some scenes, such as the motor scooter – car chase were absolutely incredible, based on the cinematic style. I could hardly believe I was watching a Hallmark movie; it seemed like something I would see on the big screen - as we watched the scooter and black car dodge in and out of traffic, pedestrians, and around tall buildings. Thankfully, To Catch a Spy was NOT an audacious departure from the PG sort of mystery we are used to on Hallmark, but something about the movie seemed bigger and bolder. There was just a hint of romance, as the mystery itself took the full lead in this story. I enjoyed trying to figure out who-dun-it; all of the possible suspects had me guessing throughout the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit based on the advance storyline I wasn't particularly looking forward to To Catch A Spy - in the event I really enjoyed it - it seemed to be a step up from Hallmark in the mystery stakes with more profound and exciting action.

    I wasn't that keen on Colin Donnell in Love On Iceland - in fact I would have preferred the heroine to have taken up with the Icelandic tour guide! - but here you would hardly recognise him as the same person.

    Basically there wasn't a romance in this but I definitely felt that in the scenes between Colin and Nathalie Kelley there was a certain frisson and I loved them together.

    The mystery was actually intriguing although I would agree with CH Mom that parts weren't exactly realistic and they kept us guessing right up to the end - it really could have been any of the suspects who all played their parts well.

    I may very well be wrong but my feeling is that this is a one-off although I wouldn't mind at all seeing a sequel.

    I really do think they could have given us a better ending - something as simple as when Nathalie turns down the job offer and they hug and say goodbye Aaron could say "Actually I have to attend a conference in Seattle in 6 weeks time would you like to meet up?"

    Chloe could answer "Yes, I'd like that" - nothing concrete but it would have given us a bit of hope!

    For me one of the most enjoytable Hallmark Mysteries to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an excellent review of To Catch a Spy. I loved reading your take on the various characters, especially Colin Donnell. You are so right, he seemed so different in this movie than Love on Iceland. I thought he seemed more confident & charming, in command of the role. I love that you pointed that out.

      By the way, I'm going to post your review above. Could you give me your first name, nickname, or initials to include with it?

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net