Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

UPtv MAY 2021 TV Movie Premieres 🌞 SEE HERE:



We were showered with movies in April on UPtv - and more are flowering out in May!

In fact, NEW Movies are just warming UP on UPtv, as the network will continue premiering NEW MOVIES on Sunday nights starting with Just for the Summer, starring Hayley Sales and Brant Daugherty, and after Mother's Day, Cooking Up Love, starring Rachel Bles and Stephen Huszar.

Also, look for wedding-themed movies coming to UPtv in June!

See details on the May Movie Premieres below...





Just for the Summer

Original Air Date: May 2, 2021





Starring: Hayley Sales and Brant Daugherty

Story-line via UPtv: English teacher Penelope Campbell loves her annual summer vacations visiting her Grandma Dot, despite Dot’s constant attempts to set her up with every single man in town. This year, she bumps into Jason Humphrey, none other than her childhood sweetheart, who is still as handsome and charming as ever. It’s a little awkward at first but the conversation soon turns to Jason’s own Grandma Sophie, who keeps doing the same to him! In order to evade the efforts of their matchmaking grandmothers, they make a pact pretending to date each other, but will the old sparks return?

Reviews:

🌞 "Loved "Just For The Summer". It is family friendly, but if seeing a guy without his shirt is offensive, you might reconsider. It is only one scene. Don't know why they felt that necessary. So happy to see the little girl from "The Angel Tree" in this. The two grandmas are funny.This is a keeper for me. Want this DVD!" ~kitkat

🌞 "Such a cute movie! I just loved the meddling grandma's - they were both so much fun. The fake dating is somewhat deceitful - so yes, there is some lying by omission. Hayley Sales and Brant Daugherty are a delightful match. If you liked Brant in the Hallmark movie, Mingle All the Way where he & Jen Lilley "pretended" to date, then you will most likely enjoy this one, too! And, yes, as kitkat mentioned, there is a scene where Brant Daugherty is shirtless on the dock by his sailboat. Besides that, it is very family friendly!" ~Net

🌞 "Just For The Summer. Agree with KitKat and Net, very cute movie. Loved the grandmas, too!" ~~Jane




-------------------




Cooking Up Love

Original Air Date: May 16, 2021





Starring: Rachel Bles and Stephen Huszar

Story-line via UPtv: On a lark, Zoey rents a food truck and enters a reality TV competition. Heat rises between her and the handsome founder of a fast food chain, but when Zoey finds out he’s a judge in the contest, things quickly fizzle. Zoey’s determined to win fair and square and she suspects ‘Mr-Too-Good-To-Be-True’ is really after her sauce recipe, not her heart.


Reviews:

🌞 "I watched and enjoyed Sweet Carolina and Cooking Up Love." ~Denise

🌞 "Watched Cooking Up Love last night and enjoyed it too! Stephen Huszar is another favorite." ~kitkat

🌞 "Cooking Up Love. I really like Stephen Huszar but I just couldn't take this movie and deleted it at the halfway point. Was not a fan of the main actress, plus there was just too much cheesiness and my eyeballs were rolling so much they almost got stuck up in my head. I think other people will really enjoy it but I was in a "mood" and my cheese factor happened to be on overload that night, so not a keeper for me." ~~Jane

🌞 "Cooking Up Love - I’ll give a taste of what I liked about this movie. First, this film stars Stephen Huszar, who I’ve seen and liked in a number of Hallmark movies, including “Ruby Herring Mysteries” and “Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas,” just to name a few! He was great in this movie, too, as the rich and handsome restaurant founder, Colin Richmond. Stephen’s co-star, Rachel Bles, is someone I have never seen before, but instantly, I liked her spunky, warm personality as Zoe McBride; plus, she was extra sweet and adorable working alongside actor, Ron Lea (“Unlocking Christmas”), who played her Grandpa. Those two were super cute working side by side in a food truck competition. To make things even more interesting, Colin was one of the judges. Not sure why Colin and Zoe didn’t get into trouble fraternizing together during the competition, but that was never an issue. With a dash of comedy and romance – this family-friendly movie was just the right mix for me!" ~Net




UPdate: I heard from my friend at UPtv, and these two movies are the only new ones in May, but be sure to look for more premieres coming in June!

I'm personally super excited to finally see "Just for the Summer." Sure, it's more fake-dating, but the promos look soooo cute with the meddling grandmothers! (update: see my review above!) And, how beautiful is that poster for "Cooking Up Love?" It looks so fresh and yummy! Plus, it's great to see two excellent, handsome leading men who are quite recognizable from Hallmark - Brant Daugherty and Stephen Huszar! Am I right, ladies?

Hope you enjoyed this movie information. If you would like to post a review on whether a film is family-friendly, please share in comments.


Blessings on your day! Net



25 comments:

  1. Happy days - these are two of my favourite actors.

    I was really hoping Uptv would air these movies at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these movies look really good. Is there not a new movie on Mothers Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, UPtv is taking a break on Mother's Day from the movies. They are playing a marathon of Gilmore Girls that day instead.

      Delete
  3. Be still my heart! Two of my favorite guys! Net, you made my day with this great news. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat, I'm so delighted this news made your day! They both look so good. I think I'm going to feel like I'm watching Hallmark instead of UPtv with these actors.

      By the way, I heard back from my friend at UP and these are the only two premieres in May, but we should have at least 3 new ones in June, minus Father's Day.

      Delete
  4. Net, I review movies for Up TV, however I do not get a preview. I give input through a program they have, after the movie shows, and we as part of this program, give input as they are developing movies, picking titles, etc.. I will gladly post my review in comments after each movie premiers to public. I have been pleased that they are improving, and to see faces we recognize from Hallmark and other things. Thanks for all you do here! Blessings, Becky P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky P., I would love for you to share your reviews here with us. That would be great!

      I also receive surveys from UPtv - it's a wonderful way to give feedback on the network and what we'd like to see in the future.

      I have been so blessed by all the people who visit here, who desire to have family friendly entertainment and share with us. Reviewing each movie really took off with the 2020 Christmas movie season, and since then, I believe we've reviewed nearly each one. With all the movies that keep coming out, we would love to have you join in with us!

      Welcome to the *It's a Wonderful Movie* family, Becky... we are so happy to have you here! :)

      Blessings to you!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Net, loved your posting of Amazing Grace and the words thereafter. Now more than ever we need to show God's love to one another, be kind to one another and pray for each other. I am so thankful for my salvation through Jesus Christ. I could never make it on my own. God bless you and all our brothers and sisters on this site. RG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RG - Bless you! I'm so glad you enjoyed this post. There's nothing quite like Amazing Grace, is there, and the beauty of being lost and found in HIM!

      I love your comment about loving each other more - that's definitely want the world needs today - God's love!

      God bless you dear friend!

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Net! These look like cute movies.

    Looking forward to the June wedding ones.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, Happy to share - I think UP is really upping their game this year! :)

      Delete
  7. The pattern was pretty similar last year but I'm hoping they break it for July and August - last year they only had 2 new movies in July and 1 in August although I'm hoping it was something to do with the effect of Covid.

    I'm really enjoying UP's programme this year and will be very disappointed if they keep to the same strategy this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found on Amazon a dvd collection of 3 for Martha's Vineyard Mysteries, but I have never seen them for sale just that they don't know if or when they will be back in stock. Anyone have any different news on this set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - I added the Martha's Vineyard Mysteries - Collection One DVD to my saved list at Amazon, hoping it would become available so I could share it, and it's still not available.

      According to my Amazon list, it says I added it on April 13, over two weeks. I'm rather surprised the status hasn't changed since then, but I'll try to keep an eye on it. Please let me know if you also catch any changes.

      Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete
  9. These 2 movies look super cute Net! I’m in! Some of the other up movies have been kinda blah lately. IMO sorry if anyone loved them but not many have even looked as good as these 2 do.

    Ps... loved the April showers 🌧 bring May flowers 🌷reference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone heard if Season 8 of WCTH will be released as a set aw were Seasons 6 & 7?

    The DVDs for the two episode versions are from Shout! Factory. I have emailed them with this question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namegirl, I haven't heard any news on this, yet, but I'm totally keeping my eyes peeled for it! Hoping we hear something soon!

      Delete
  11. Just For The Summer. Agree with KitKat and Net, very cute movie. Loved the grandmas, too!
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, Glad you enjoyed Just For The Summer, too. UP is great at giving us these lighthearted movies. I shared your review above, as well - Thank you! :)

      Delete
  12. Cooking Up Love. I really like Stephen Huszar but I just couldn't take this movie and deleted it at the halfway point. Was not a fan of the main actress, plus there was just too much cheesiness and my eyeballs were rolling so much they almost got stuck up in my head. I think other people will really enjoy it but I was in a "mood" and my cheese factor happened to be on overload that night, so not a keeper for me.
    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I love your reviews, Jane! I haven't seen this movie, but if I ever do, I'm going to be smiling thinking about Jane's cheese factor overload. :-D I definitely get in different moods, too. Sometimes cheese is just what the doctor ordered, and, other times, not so much!

      ~Alicia

      Delete
    2. Oh, Alicia, just make sure you have some cheese popcorn or something to snack on when you watch this movie! :) Stephen Huszar is so Ken-doll dreamy but even he couldn't pull me all the way through this movie. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it more than I did; I think Kitkat and Denise liked it, so that's a good sign that it was just me being extra moody that particular night.
      ~~Jane

      Delete
    3. Jane, I love the way you referred to Stephen Huszar looking like a Ken doll - that is spot on perfection! You are so witty! :)

      Delete
  13. Movie Review: "Cooking Up Love" –

    I’ll give a taste of what I liked about this movie. First, this film stars Stephen Huszar, who I’ve seen and liked in a number of Hallmark movies, including “Ruby Herring Mysteries” and “Time for Us to Come Home for Christmas,” just to name a few! He was great in this movie, too, as the rich and handsome restaurant founder, Colin Richmond. Stephen’s co-star, Rachel Bles, is someone I have never seen before, but instantly, I liked her spunky, warm personality as Zoe McBride; plus, she was extra sweet and adorable working alongside actor, Ron Lea (“Unlocking Christmas”), who played her Grandpa. Those two were super cute working side by side in a food truck competition. To make things even more interesting, Colin was one of the judges. Not sure why Colin and Zoe didn’t get into trouble fraternizing together during the competition, but that was never an issue. With a dash of comedy and romance – this family-friendly movie was just the right mix for me! ~ Net

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net