Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

NEW in JUNE - MYSTERY MOVIE "TO CATCH A SPY" on HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES...


images: Crown Media / E Online


An all new mystery movie is heading to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark just revealed the news in a press release today. The new spy movie will star two Hallmark alums and a newcomer.


Hallmark Press Release:

NATHALIE KELLEY, COLIN DONNELL AND PATTI MURIN STAR IN AN ALL NEW ORIGINAL MYSTERY "TO CATCH A SPY" ON HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES

The new movie Premieres Sunday, June 20th at 8/7C

Nathalie Kelley ("The Baker & The Beauty"), Colin Donnell ("Chicago Med") and Patti Murin ("Chicago Med," "Chicago Fire") star in "To Catch a Spy," a new original premiering Sunday, June 20, (8p.m. ET/PT), on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

"To Catch a Spy" is produced by Agnes Bristow, Colin Azzopardi, Borga Dorter and associate producer Christopher Landry. Leif Bristow serves as executive producer. Jeff Beesley directs from a script by Rick Garman. The movie is currently filming on location in Malta.

When the newly renovated Hotel Optima in Malta has a grand reopening, Chloe (Kelley) and her team from Destination Traveler Magazine, which includes Sara, (Murin), head over to cover the travel scene in Malta. On her first night in Malta, Chloe overhears an altercation happening through the air vent of her hotel room and then sees someone fall to their death - right past her hotel window! Chloe assists the FBI agent, Aaron (Donnell), working on the case, but will they catch the killer before the killer finds them?



------------- END of PRESS RELEASE -------------



Based on the info we've been given, so far, what do you think of this new mystery? Does this story grab you? Are you excited to see a different location for a mystery movie?

I must admit, the cast was quite unexpected, for me. I thought the next mystery might be Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker, so this was a surprise. To be honest, when Colin Donnell and Patti Murin (who are a real-life married couple) starred in "Love on Iceland," it felt rather odd to me that Colin's character was in love with someone else, while his actual wife, Patti, was portraying a supporting role and watching the two interact, even encouraging their relationship. I'm not sure if this one will feel any less strange, but I'll be curious to see the trailer for this movie when it comes out.

I would love to hear your thoughts in comments below.


Happy Sleuthing! Net




10 comments:

  1. Not really a fan of 'spy' mysteries. Why not just do a SSD one? Must be cool to get to film in Malta though.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki Deloach & Andrew Walker will do Mystery movies in the future

    Probably Wine Country Mysteries with Wine Train or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. M&C: What Hallmark projects do you have coming up next?

    Danica McKellar: We are working on my Christmas movie, and potentially another one. We are focused on the Christmas movie right now. I’m not able to say anything about it yet, but I’m very excited about it and it might shoot in at a different location than we’re not used to shooting in. So I can’t say much about it except that I absolutely love Hallmark and love Hallmark Christmas movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if this is a one-off or the beginning of a new Series although imo they probably have enough on the go at the moment.

    I don't really knwe what to expect from this, just have to wait and see.

    I was looking forward to seeing Love In Iceland because we hear so much about that country now but it turned out rather dull.

    The secenery was stunning but I didn't really like the character of the lead actor and to tell the truth although I knew it wouldn't happen I would have preferred the Icelandic tour guide to get the girl!

    I hadn't realised that Colin Donnell was married to one of the secondary actresses so it might be possible that there were some strange vibes which I unknowingly picked up!

    If it follows the usual Hallmark pattern you'd expect there to be some personal interaction between the leads so maybe the same situation could occur.

    Just have to wait and see.





    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to finally see Nathalie again. I loved her on the Beauty and the Baker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I am over new murder movies/series. I don't know why we cant have another kind of mystery. They don't even finish up some of the murder series they already have, they just simply end.

    Yeah what did happen to Nikki and Andrew mystery? they haven't been very active with hallmark as of this year. I am just not into the new murder mystery shows. I love Mystery 101 and Aurora and Chronicle, but I never started crossword or matchmaker cause its just not really fun anymore.

    I saw a survey recently about yet another new murder series or movie, all the titles they want you to choose from had murder in them. I said none of the titles would make me watch. I don't think it was this one, it was something like a girl comes back to her hometown and there is a murder and the police guy and her bump heads, wash rinse and repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds intriguing, but it is interesting that there isn't a bigger Hallmark name attached to it. Every other mystery franchise has at least one if not both of the leads as Hallmark regulars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think I will skip this! I thought Nikki and Andrew were promised a mystery series at one time. Am I wrong about this? Heard Andrew is getting ready to film again in Canada. True or false? Can anyone answer this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things seem to be in flux at Hallmark recently.

      Many of their former actors seem to be making films for other sources now.

      They seem to be chopping and changing with the Mystery Movies - you never know when you might have seen the last in the series.

      I was astonsihed to discover recently that Nikki and Andrew's Sweet Autumn movie actually originated from Reel One Entertainment so that would be in line with Andrew filmoing in Canada now.

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net