Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Christmas Under the Stars - a Hallmark Channel "Countdown to Christmas" Movie starring Jesse Metcalfe and Autumn Reeser!


MOVIE REVIEW

Movie: Christmas Under the Stars

Network: Hallmark Channel

Original Air Date: November 16, 2019










CAST:

Jesse Metcalfe ... Nick Bellwith
Autumn Reeser ... Julie Gibbons
Clarke Peters ... Clem Marshwell
Anthony Bolognese ... Matt Gibbons
Yoshiรฉ Bancroft ... Kate
Matthew Clarke ... Dave Voss
Zoriah Wong ... Mia Knowles
Michael Kopsa ... Sydney Bellwith
Ken Camroux-Taylor ... George Eckland
Chad Riley ... Reg
Jocelyn Gauthier ... Emily Kane
Brandy Le ... Nick’s Assistant
David Stuart ... Lead Board Member
Kharytia Bilash ... Vivian
Moneca Delain ... Rae Knowles
Samantha Ferris ... Ellen Wardstone
Sean Millington ... Field Manager
Richard Meen ... Lieutenant
Gordon Cormier ... Wise Man
Eric Pollins ... City Councilman






PLOT:

Storyline via Hallmark: When Nick, a career-focused investment banker, is fired from his high-powered firm at Christmastime, he takes a job at a Christmas tree lot owned by a warmhearted, elderly man. There, he meets Julie, an astronomy teacher who’s always looked to the stars for hope. As the Christmas spirit washes over him — and he begins falling for Julie — the once self-centered Nick discovers the joy of helping others. When he learns that Julie and the tree lot owner are facing hard times, Nick strives to end their troubles in time for them all to share a Christmas under the stars.




Movie Review:

Coming...


See or Skip:

Coming...


--
*images via: Hallmark Crown Media Family Networks

11 comments:

  1. two of my favorite Hallmark stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn Reeser & Jesse Metcalfe reunited their first Christmas movie together: “Christmas Under the Stars” since they worked together: “ A Country Wedding”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the movie I was most looking forward to this weekend, because Autumn and Jesse are two of my favs and we already know they're great together. Well, it exceeded my expectations. I LOVED it!! It's my favorite from Hallmark so far this year.

    I was expecting it to be fun and enjoyable to watch, which it was, but I was surprised at how moving it was also. It was a bit more than just a light romance. In fact, the romance wasn't really the focus of the story. I must say, I'm really loving this year's batch of movies on the regular Hallmark Channel. There hasn't been a single dud or "just okay" one for me so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really like this as much as I thought I would. There wasn't much going on. And I feel like they they talked about her dad and Clem's wife who passed away way too much. I understand if you want to mention it once or twice, but it seemed to come up in every scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the movie and would love to know where to find Autumn Reeser's pink down coat. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this was a cute movie. Jesse Metcalfe and Autumn Reeser were a winning combination. The Christmas tree lot and Clem was such an engaging set/storyline. It had a simplicity and a 90's charm. This was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was hoping for more chemistry because of Jesse & Autumn's past success with "A Country Wedding" but this was just okay for me. I do love the story as a whole. I think it's so touching that she's a foster mom and that they all pulled through for Clem and sort of adopted each other, being there for each other like a family. I love it when Nick's Dad showed up and had a heart to heart conversation with him. Definitely lots of family related storyline and not so much romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echo these views.

      Sometimes you put two favourite actors together and it doesn't work quite as well as expected.

      Overall I did enjoy this but it needed just a bit more oomph.

      Delete
  8. I love this movie!! Hallmark Hall of Fame worthy in my opinion. Different formula than the usual story line on Hallmark movies. Surprised it is airing on there instead of HMM. So many "stories" within the story. So much caring and love!! Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED IT!!! I'm gradually making my way through all the Christmas movies on my dvr and, so far, for me, this one is definitely top ten (probably top five). It felt like it had a little more depth to it than some of the other "fluff" movies. Don't get me wrong, I love the fluff movies but sometimes it's nice to have something a bit more substantial than instalove derived from a warm tingly feeling caused by accidentally bumping into a stranger. Also, I appreciated that this movie was a bit different from all the others, in that it conveyed the warmth of Christmas without feeling like the Hallmark elves had puked excess holiday cheer EVERYWHERE.

    I've been living in a bubble so I'm perhaps not as familiar with Jesse Metcalfe as other viewers. But I'm now a fan; I thought he and Autumn Reeser, along with all the other cast members, were great.

    ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net