Over *30 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, February 1, 2024

πŸ”Ž Hallmark Announces New Mystery "One Bad Apple: A Hannah Swensen Mystery" with Shocking Casting News! - SEE HERE:




Actor Victor Webster to replace Cameron Mathison in the new Hannah Swensen Mystery!

According to the new TVInsider article, Webster will replace Mathison as Alison Sweeney's crime-solving co-star; however, based on the plot given below, Victor will be portraying an all-new character and not Detective Mike Kingston.

The storyline via TVInsider... "The new installment is based on the novel Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke, in which Hannah has been asked to teach a baking class at the college in town. When a colleague ends up dead, Hannah begins to put together the puzzle of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the murder. During the investigation, Hannah meets a different side of law and order when Lake Eden’s prosecuting attorney, Chad Norton (Webster), enters her life."

Other casting news for the fourth movie in the Hannah Swensen series includes the returns of Gabriel Hogan (Norman), Barbara Niven (Delores), Tess Atkins (Michelle), and Lisa Durupt (Andrea).

Alison Sweeney not only stars in One Bad Apple: A Hannah Swensen Mystery with her Wedding Veil co-star, Victor Webster, she also produced and wrote this new Hannah Swensen mystery, which will premiere later this year on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.


My Quick Take:

Wow! I'm truly in shock over this casting news. I never dreamed they would replace Cameron Mathison in the Hannah Swensen Mysteries. I know Cameron has signed with Great American Family to do films for their network, but I did not think his contract would be exclusive, giving him the flexibility to possibly make movies for Hallmark, as well. But apparently, that's not the case. How interesting.

I'm wondering how this will go over with Hannah Swensen fans. To be honest, I'm not crazy about this turn of events. For so long, we waited for Hannah and Mike to be together, and now this. When the series switched from Murder, She Baked to Hannah Swensen, there were already some subtle changes... a new movie title, the town's name, new policemen, Hannah's sister Andrea left (initially) along with her husband, Bill, and then, there was the arrival of a new sister, Michelle, and so on...

I think fans took most of those changes in stride, except for Andrea's leaving. I believe it was the viewers endlessly requesting for her to come back - is why they brought her back in the last installment, and it is good to see Andrea will be back again in this next Hannah Swensen Mysteries, but I can't help but wonder if that is only to attempt to soothe it over with viewers the fact that former cast regular Cameron Mathison is no longer in the series.

Should be interesting to see viewer reaction.


Keep on Sleuthing,
Net


23 comments:

  1. I love Victor Webster but I am not happy about this news. Not real happy with the Hannah Swenson Mysteries anyway. Too many changes from the start. They don't have the same "feel good" vibe that was on Murder She Baked. I wonder how they will write Mike Kingston out and will there be another triangle between Norman and Chad?? So many questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree Joyce, doesn’t have that cozy vibe anymore, even in the newer movies she’s in that new industrial looking bakery, I miss the old cozy warm small town bakery from the Murder She Baked old movies.

      ~Paula

      Delete
    2. My mom's been saying the same thing Joyce. Feels like it's a different writer or director. And I miss the old ladies at their regular table at the Cookie Jar.

      Delete
  2. I quit this series after the 1st movie after the title switch, and I'm really glad I did. Because this sounds really awful, and yet another thing Hallmark has now ruined! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think it's Hellmark's fault.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Hallmark's

      Delete
  3. I am sooo tired of my years long happy memories with this network being tainted in some vicious ways. Ever since 2020, it's been 1 thing after the other:

    1st gays and liberal politics started making their way into some of their movies, now it's at a point where you can't 100% trust a movie to be clean no matter now nice it looks. Then all the good mystery series that I and everyone loved were all cancelled on cliffhangers or unanswered questions, then Good Witch went woke in it's final Season, then there was WCTH with it's horrible stunt, and now the only remaining mystery series I actually watched at 1 point is now tainted as well.

    Call me too depressed if you want, but I'm just a fed up viewer who is tired of this so called 'family friendly' network betraying it's fans in several different ways and trying to ruin ongoing fan favorite series. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said and I agree totally. No Hannah for me that’s for sure.

      Delete
  4. As much as I love Victor Webster, I will definitely miss Cameron! If his deal with GAC is exclusive like you mentioned Net, then this is something we’ll have to get used to….But what does this mean, are Hannah and Norman going to rekindle what they had in the past? Excited to see!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Net,

    Wow is all I can say! I was not expecting to hear this news especially since Mike and Hannah worked things out in the last movie. I will still watch because I am a fan of Victor and Lisa is coming back again (YAY) but I am saddened to read Cameron will not be in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My “you gotta be kidding” came with a new sister! Should’ve been a niece or cousin or….phantom sister hard to believe
    Will see how plot explains Mike’s disappearance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I always enjoy Victor Webster's acting, but losing Cameron seems like too much for the series to survive. I wonder if there's any hope for his return....

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Grief!!
    I Love VictorπŸ’ž He and Allie are great together, but
    Hannah and Mike were suppose to be endgame.

    I'm with most of you, it's shocking, disappointing and the last two have underwhelmed, I've only watched each Once, that's it.

    Not sure if I will care to watch?

    New Mystery premieres tonight(2-2-24)- I ❤️ Victorian era, will there be more, who knows?

    This new regime at Hallmark doesn't seem to put as much stock in ratings, just push their agenda, low ratings
    "Oh Well"- talk about how groundbreaking and Important it isπŸ™„

    As always Net, Thank you for informing us.
    God Bless everyone, stay safeπŸ™πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say I'm surprised. Look at Aurora Teagarden, first she dates and kisses the minister, then the same with Robin Daniels, long time boyfriend Martin and talks about having children with him, then Nick who became the best handsdown!!! Back to Murder She Baked... I was more in favor of Norman anyway. And I believe in the books she dates Mike but marries someone named Rick of Ross. Don't remember but it started with a R. ;) But, I am sorry for the fans who did like Mike. I hope the adjustment will go smoothly. We did love them in the Wedding Veil movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Aurora books, she does date the minister, then robin, then she meets Martin and they have a great love, then something happens. But the way the did the Aurora was following the books, til Nick came in. But she did end up with someone else other than Martin anyway.

      I think it was too hard for the actor who played martin to do Aurora, as he does another long term show, is it Murdoch Mysteries, I cant remember. But it has a lot of episodes and I think he does directing and producing on it too. They kept him way longer in the movies than he is in the books. I think the murdoch was a lot more of a commitment, similar to how they had Jake Russell die in the Good Witch show, cause Chris Potter was in Heartland and that was a show that used to go like 20 or more 1 hour long episodes a season. And they filmed in Calgary, and Good Witch was in toronto.

      I miss Martin, but did like Nick.

      Delete
    2. I always root for Norman. Never liked the Mike character.

      Delete
  10. Could we all just missing something. Maybe Cameron did not want to do this series anymore. Could the reason he signed with Great American Family be he is unhappy with hallmark? He would do two or three movies a year in addition to working on Home and Family which was having it best viewership ever when it was canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am disappointed wanted to see Mike and Hannah together. Your take on his contract being exclusive is interesting. In the fan groups on Facebook all they say is the ones who signed with Great American Family do not have exclusive contracts because it has it been reported by anyone. How because of that they can work for who they want. My take on the contracts is this the ones who signed as well as the ones who are making movies for Great American Family and not signed are doing it because of Bill and their loyalty to him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOOOOooooo!!!’ This is NOT okay! I’m not buying that it’s Cameron’s fault either. they are saying they are following the books now all of the sudden. No mention was even made on contacts. And I think Cameron is still doing General Hospital, so his contact has to be flexible as Net said with Great American Family.

    Also, Cameron has been bouncing back between Hallmark and GAF for awhile with no problem. I don’t know, it just seems personal to me.

    I used to love this mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, I just read the post a few days late. Sorry, I will be skipping the movie Hallmark has “baked” up.
    -Gabe’s Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am terribly disappointed that Mathison is not returning in the new movie and am no longer interested in watching this series. I do not like all of the changes and feel that this one just ruined the entire series. I am happy that they brought Andrea back but losing Mike just lost my interest. I will not be watching anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please give Gabriel Hogan more of a place in the show. Norman is the best guy!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net