Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, August 31, 2023

🍁 Hallmark's October "FALL INTO LOVE" 2023 Movie Schedule is Here - Plus, "When Calls the Heart" and New Mysteries πŸ‚πŸƒ SEE DETAILS:



Hey, Y'all! 
More movies are coming This Fall!

Hallmark sent me this afternoon their latest press release which includes details of their *Fall Into Love* movie lineup for October, Mysteries, and much more!

Plus, it's official, Lisa Durupt returns to the Hannah Swensen Mysteries in her well-loved role as Hannah's delightful sister, Andrea! This must be due to all of the fans who requested her return to the series. Well done, sleuthers!

Also, When Calls the Heart's 10th Season will come to an end in October. It appears the season will not end with a wedding for Elizabeth and Lucas but an election.

Check out all of the details below...



PREMIERING IN OCTOBER
on the Hallmark Channel:





When Calls The Heart Season 10 Episode 10
"All Dressed Up"
Sunday, October 1 (9 p.m. ET/PT)

The town prepares for the Governor's black-tie ball. While still reeling from the true intentions of Union City Holdings, Lucas decides to try to sway the Governor to their side.

See more details and images for When Calls The Heart Season 10 - here!



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁



3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost
Saturday, October 7 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Julie Gonzalo, Chris McNally, Madeleine Arthur

A ghost from the 1920s refuses to leave the home just listed by Anna, a new real estate agent. Worse, the spirit is convinced she cannot "pass over" until she gets Anna back together with her ex.

Movie Reviews:

🍁 I thoroughly enjoyed Hallmark’s ‘3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost’ – family-friendly and fun. Casting Madeleine Arthur as the 100-year old ghost, Ruby, was pure genius. Her hair, make-up and wardrobe are all spot-on to create the quintessential 1920’s socialite and flapper, who now in 2023 longs to cross over and be with her true love. Ruby’s story of unfulfilled love parallels that of the realtor (Julie Gonzalo) who is attempting to stage the spooky mansion for sale, while cautiously reconciling her relationship with her ex-fiance. The interaction between Anna and Ruby keeps the story moving towards a two-for-one romantic ending. Loved it! ~MPT

🍁 I just watched 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost, and I thought it was cute and family-friendly. I know the "ghost" will make it a no for some, but there wasn't anything occultic in the story. It wasn't frightening, either, and I'm a huge wimp about scary stuff! The only part close to scary comes at the beginning. Ruby, the ghost, is used to scaring people away from buying the house with tricks. When Anna first comes to the house, Ruby slams some doors and then stand in the hallway with a white sheet or something over her. Anna isn't scared at all, thinking it's a co-worker pranking her. She pulls the sheet off and asks Ruby who she is. Ruby is surprised that Anna can see her. That's the extent of the "haunting" type of stuff.

🍁 The movie is more about Ruby and Anna helping one another and eventually becoming friends. Ruby sees that Anna and her ex still have feelings for each other and believes if she helps them, she can move on and be with her lost love, Charlie. I know everyone has different convictions about this kind of stuff in movies, so I hope that helps people make a decision. Our family doesn't celebrate Halloween or read/watch Harry Potter, and I still felt this movie was innocent. So, I hope my review helps! ~melnewlife

🍁 I watched "3 bed, 2 bath, 1 ghost" today and, at least for me, it would have been better without the ghost. I found her personality annoying (pushy, know-it-all etc.) it was driving me crazy throughout the whole movie. Chris was his usual self - charming, cute, kind. I not a big fan of Julia but i liked her here. ~Anonymous

🍁 I did watch 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 ghost. It was really good. I saved it. I liked it a lot. I do not know if they ever said what Ruby died of, but it seems she died in 1923 as it was 100 years later and she said she died in 1923. So she must have died right after they showed her alive.

🍁 I liked JG and CM together, they really sparkle, love that they are a real life couple as well. The house was pretty, Ruby was THE BEST in the movie. That actress was so good. The movie was really good and I loved it. There were parallels with Anna and Ruby in that they both loved boys that their fathers didn't approve of. I know that was a bigger deal in 1923 than 2023, most of the younger crowd still live with parents barely working and that's ok. I liked that Anna told her dad she wanted a relationship with him, but she was going to be herself. ~Sabrina

🍁 I have not watched a Hallmark movie in over a year because every movie they sneak in woke messages. I decided to watch 3 Bed 2 Bath 1 Ghost. It was a good movie. No sneaky surprises. I will be give a few Christmas movies a chance but I already saw so that I will not go anywhere near. ~Ken

🍁 We loved Hallmark’s “3 Beds, 2 Baths, 1 Ghost.” It was a fun and family-friendly light-hearted movie with great costumes from the 1920s. The character of Ruby, the “ghost” from the 1920s was the highlight of the movie. We liked how it is different from typical Hallmark movies and find that we enjoy the multiple historical time period movies the best. ~Laurie

🍁 MPT, I completely agree with your review! I love it when a movie can incorporate the "old days" without resorting to time travel, and this one is very original in having a ghost from the '20's be a major part of the movie. It was nice to see how she and Anna bonded after the initial "scare". And yes, Madeleine Arthur - who I was not familiar with before this movie - is just perfect as the flapper ghost. I can't imagine anybody better to play this part than her. That said, I think a better plot would have been to have this as a murder mystery - have Ruby killed in the '20's and she and Anna work together to determine who was the killer. Still, this is a very original movie and if you don't mind the ghost aspect, it is at least worthy of a one-time watch. ~Mark 25

🍁 And although I am not a fan of ghost movies but ‘3 bed, 2 bath and 1 ghost’ was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it way more than expected. It had reconciliations, character growth, exquisite clothing from the 1920’s, romance, and heartfelt emotion. I am not someone who cries easily but both my husband and I were moved to tears at the end of the movie. The friendship between Ruby and Anna was sweet and Anna and Elliot were lovely. It was nice seeing two actors together who are married in real life have strong onscreen chemistry. Sometimes real-life love doesn’t carry over well to movies. Anyway, the movie was all and all a magical and engaging experience. ~Joan



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁





When Calls The Heart
Season 10 Episode 11 "Long Time Running"
Sunday, October 8 (9 p.m. ET/PT)

Lucas is the talk of Hope Valley. Elizabeth and the whole town rally around him, but everyone still worries it won't be enough to stop the Governor.



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁







Field Day
Saturday, October 14 (8 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Rachel Boston, Benjamin Ayres, Shannon Chan-Kent, Carmel Amit

Jen (Boston), Marissa (Amit) and Kelly (Chan-Kent) are moms from different backgrounds who are thrown together to plan the annual Field Day at their kids' school. Along the way, they navigate a myriad of obstacles, including an unsupportive head of the PTO. New to town and still trying to move on following the loss of her husband, Jen is thankful to have the encouragement of Dan (Ayres), the school's PE teacher who is becoming a good friend…or could this be the start of something more? As the planning continues, Jen, Marissa and Kelly bond as friends who will stop at nothing to make sure their kids are happy, with each of them finding their own path as their friendship grows stronger.

Movie Reviews:

🍁 Field Day was a great, clean movie. It was fun too! ~Grace

🍁 Field Day was a good, family friendly movie about three very different moms learning to appreciate one another and then becoming friends, which I thought was a good message. Marissa (the workaholic mom) and Kelly (the influencer mom) got on my nerves at first, but there was character growth in both of them as the movie went on. Both of them learn to put down their phones and be present with their families. Jen, the third mom, really helps them put things in perspective as she lost her husband two years previously and knows how important it is to be present in the moment. The friendship that grew between these moms really moved me and was the best part of the story! The romance was more of a side plot, and while I enjoyed their chemistry and flirty banter, the way they couldn't make up their minds the second half of the movie started to get annoying. They kind of dragged that on too long, in my opinion. There was a touching moment that made me cry when Jen watches a video left for her by her deceased husband. Overall, a great movie with nothing questionable! ~melnewlife

🍁 Okay I’m slowly getting through my recordings. I watched Field Day and it was great. Family friendly, the supporting cast were good, her parents were sweet, Rachel and Benjamin had really good chemistry. Unfortunately it will be a one time watch for me just because it was so sad. I teared up throughout the movie, I could just feel her grief and pain. Just a personal preference, but I prefer the lighter classic hallmark storylines. I’m sure a lot of people will enjoy this movie but it was just focused a lot on her moving on past her husbands death which I wasn’t aware of until I started watching it….I think we all pray we never have to go through losing a spouse and that’s why I typically avoid these types of sad movies. Side note: I loved the video the husband made for her before he passed and how he said “Heaven is amazing” I thought that was so nice that they included that 😊 ~Paula

🍁 Field Day. A fun, entertaining movie. Made me laugh and made me tear up. Rachel Boston can get on my nerves when her movies are all about romance and she’s all silly and giggly and overly perky, but I think she shines in movies like this one where the focus is more about everyday life and friendships. There were still plenty of silly and unrealistic bits to the movie that had me rolling my eyes, but, for the most part, it was quite enjoyable. I’d definitely watch it again in a year or two simply for the great chemistry and fun between the three moms as they forged a new friendship (absolutely loved all three actresses!!). The romance was secondary to the friendships between the moms. I thought Rachel and Ben had good chemistry but the on-again, off-again nature of their romance dragged on way too long (it was always “should we or shouldn’t we go on a date?” and that just got boring for me). Family friendly. {**Mild Spoiler Alert: I was glad the obligatory kiss at the end was partially interrupted by the fun friends and also that it was more of a peck than a full-on lip lock. That made more sense since they had only been on one sort of “non” date and were only just building a friendship after each had experienced loss. However, it felt yuck when the leadup to that kiss was him telling her how much he loved her (so soon??) and whispering how sexy she was. Blech! That totally did not fit the story.} ~~Jane

🍁 Field Day – This family-friendly movie starts off rather sweet and funny, but for me, it was kind of slow moving. The romance was rather lackluster, and the agony of trying to put together Field Day was drawn out way too long for three PTA moms who accidentally get roped into doing it. While it was nice to see Rachel Boston’s character, Jen Davis, meet new friends, there was another catty woman, who totally reminds you of those high school clique days. Ugh! She was awful. Then, the scene (small spoiler) later in the movie, where Jen receives a message (via video) from her deceased husband is rather sad and heavy for the typical Hallmark Channel rom-com. Wish we could’ve seen Benjamin Ayres character, Dan Alridge, more in the movie; he seemed to only pop in for brief segments. Overall, Field Day was fun, too, at times, but just an okay one-time watch for me. ~Net



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁





When Calls the Heart
Season 10 Episode 12 – "Starry Night"
Sunday, October 15 (9 p.m. ET/PT)

With Elizabeth at his side, Election Day has the entire town supporting Lucas, hoping he will be the one to save Hope Valley. Meanwhile, Rosemary and Lee discuss who should be their baby's godfather.



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁



PREMIERING IN OCTOBER
on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Premieres:




A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
Friday, October 6 (9 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison, Barbara Niven, Tess Atkins, Mike Dopud, Lisa Durupt

They say the real estate business is deadly, but no one is more surprised than Hannah Swensen (Sweeney) when her mother, Delores (Niven), discovers the dead body of the homeowner – and regular customer of The Cookie Jar – while house-hunting for her sister Michelle (Atkins).

Hannah is determined to get to the bottom of the mystery and is convinced that the prime suspect Mike (Mathison) and the Sheriff (Dopud) are focusing on isn't the culprit. Hannah's sleuthing becomes a family affair when Delores, Michelle and even her sister Andrea (Lisa Durupt) – who pays an unexpected visit – take part in the investigation. As Hannah uncovers clues she slowly rules out suspects and is led to the shocking truth about the killer's identity.

Movie Reviews:

🍁 The Hannah Swenson Mystery was good. I was almost jumping up and down in my seat when Andrea showed up. And I loved how in the ending when the two(Mike and Hannah) make up, Andrea says,"Turn me around, " because she was on FaceTime. Disappointed Hannah didn't ask for the ring back. Only accepted to start over. Hopefully we will see more of these. As as I LOVE Norman.(I was pro Norman, similar to the WCTH's Nathan/love triangle ;) I was grateful he wasn't in this episode. I feel like we needed the love triangles to finally be over. Doesn't mean I don't want him back, but as an already happily taken man. ~Abigail

🍁 As far as the new Hannah Swensen movie goes, let me just say, I am very happy! It was a good movie and my heart swelled at the end of the movie. Enough said for all of us who LOVE Mike and Hannah! 😊 😊 I wish Andrea had a bigger role because I feel like it was a wasted opportunity. I was beyond excited to see her again, but I feel she was underutilized. I do hope she returns if they do more movies but with more scenes. ~Joan

🍁 A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery – This was the best (so far!) movie for the Hannah Swensen series! It truly felt like the Murder, She Baked good ole days. While I missed seeing Norman (Gabriel Hogan) in this one, I loved having Andrea (Lisa Durupt) come home again, and I liked how Hannah (Alison Sweeney) and Mike (Cameron Mathison) focused more on each other, even though their relationship is a bit strained. Hannah’s mom, Delores (played by the incredible, Barbara Niven), was so funny throughout the movie; I especially enjoyed her actually trying to help solve this mystery this time, instead of her usual complaints over Hannah’s involvement. She and Andrea always add some delightful comedy to the story. It was also nice to see Hannah’s cat, Moishe, make an adorable appearance, as well. The mystery portion had me guessing until nearly the end, which is good because I can typically spot these suspects a mile away. I’m certainly hoping we will see more in the Hannah Swensen mystery series soon! ~Net

🍁 I also watched the Hannah move Zest for Death. I liked this one the best of the new rebranded Hannah Swenson series. I did not find the sister Michelle annoying at all, and loved having Andrea for a visit. I was ok with Hannah and Mike breaking up in the last movie cause it brings more drama, and is realistic that 2 people have problems in the relationship. I figured they would find their way back to each other, and I hope we get more movies to show them finally get married. This movie felt more like the original movies in that it just got back to the basics of Hannah trying to solve the crime. Love that Dolores got involved too. It was funny and a great movie. I hope there are more. ~Sabrina



🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁




Curious Caterer: Fatal Vows
Friday, October 13 (9 p.m. ET/PT)
Starring: Nikki DeLoach, Andrew Walker

In the franchise's third installment, professional caterer and amateur detective Goldy Berry (DeLoach) is hired to cater for a big wedding. The bride, Jessamyn Cole (Amanda Khan, Superman and Lois) is the ex-wife of Goldy's current romantic interest, detective Tom Schultz (Walker).

The town is shocked when they find the groom, Sterling Clearwater (Kareem Malcolm, The Flash) dead and Jessamyn missing. To complicate matters, a new detective (Brock Morgan, Dangerous) with a vendetta against Tom is hired to oversee the case. Forced to take matters into their own hands, Goldy and Tom must find Jessamyn before she meets Sterling's fate.

Movie Review:

The Curious Caterer: Fatal Vows... I thought this was their best mystery of the 3 so far. I really love it when the detective and the amateur sleuth work together. My favorite.. His question... What's the most important thing, she says Pastry Puff. I truly loved all of those little funny moments! ~Abigail




🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁



Please share which shows/movies appeal to you this October in comments below. I'm personally looking forward to the last episodes of When Calls the Heart's Season 10; it's especially nice already knowing a new season will come next year!

As for the movies, I'm especially looking forward to the Mysteries!!! I'm so giddy that Andrea is coming home (to Eden Lake or Lake Eden, whatever you want to call it!) and will be part of this all-new mystery. I'm also hoping Mike and Hannah will get back together.

And... for the rom-coms, Field Day is my pick. I'm not into movies about ghosts, so 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost will be a skip for me.

Countdown to Christmas will also be coming at the end of October; Hallmark has not released official details, yet, but it won't be long now!!!

Happy movie-watching!
Net



Shop Walmart's Fall Pumpkins, Signs, Wreaths, and More - Porch Decor


Fall Movie favorites on DVD/Streaming:




42 comments:

  1. I'm saddened their won't be a WCTH wedding. I guess now we know why they told us about S11 early on.

    Over the moon excited about Andrea!!!!! They make it sound like someone we know dies, I hope it's not Norman or some of the gossip older ladies. I hope the couple gets back together too Net, I didn't think that was fair of Hannah.

    I'll watch the other mystery. I'm not to much a fan of the series, always about someone's ex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1 word to describe this schedule outside of WCTH:

    Bleeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Calls the Heart Season 10

    SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

    Honest opinion here. Season 10 has been a bit of a disappointment to me so far only with the exception of the Coulters’ baby arriving.

    Firstly, Faith and Nathan. I actually really liked the idea of them together last year because I didn’t really get on board with the Mei/Nathan thing but this year it feels quite forced and doesn’t seem very natural.

    Secondly, Elizabeth and Lucas. Elizabeth is really starting to fall back into her old ways of selfishness, to me. Admitting that she’s avoided talking about Jack with Lucas is great, and could have been a great opener, but alas, she still didn’t talk about him! They’re engaged and all he knows of her first husband is that he was a mountie and a good man. Regarding the house he wanted to build, I personally found it to be quite selfish and unfair of Elizabeth to shut Lucas down about the house. If she doesn’t want a mansion or a grand home, that’s ok, and she has every right to express that. But to say “this is my home” about the rowhouse and not give him an alternative was too selfish for my taste. I know this isn’t a popular opinion amongst people today, but isn’t her home wherever her husband is? For the time period, it was common for the man to plan and build a home for his new wife, just as Jack planned to do for her, even though it never came to fruition. Besides Hope Valley is not what I would call a large town. Very likely she would see everyone every day even if they did move to the edge of town. Which leads me to the clinginess between Elizabeth and Rosemary. It’s a little too in your face this year. She’s her best friend, true. But that relationship should not be more important than the one with her fiancΓ©. Basically giving Lucas a low-key ultimatum about their home was disappointing and not respectful of his opinion. Obviously there’s always going to be the memory of Jack in their lives but Lucas may not want to live in a house that she shared with Jack. I keep wanting him to stand up to her about something but he never does. He’s mild mannered typically and gentle, but sometimes he needs to assert himself. But that doesn’t fit in with the generally feminist direction of the show, I know.

    Finally, why all the conversations with Nathan about life? Season 9 did a great job of showing how you can move on from a relationship and still be nice to each other but all these shared conversations about things, especially regarding Little Jack asking about his dad, that should involve the man who is about to become his step-father not the local mountie who used to be in love with her.

    Sorry to anyone who actually read this all the way through! I know there’s a good bit of negativity in my review and I’m hoping things improve but I’ve been wanting to put my thoughts down after watching the most recent episode. These are strictly my opinions and not meant to attack any of the actors, writers, producers, etc

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it hasn't gone woke, that's the main plus. Boring can be good in some scenarios, especially on a network like this. -Maria

      Delete
    2. Rebecca, that was well said. When Calls the Heart has always been my favorite and still is, but I do think Elizabeth has been unfair to Lucas. And way to clingy to Rosemary. I think it's the new writer.
      Have you ever seen the Lucabeth Lounge Podcast on YouTube?? Run by Jillian and Div. I've been watching it since last year and enjoying their conversations. They said very similar things like what you said. I think you would like watching it.

      Delete
    3. Rebecca, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts on the latest WCTH drama.

      I so agree with your take on Nathan and Faith! At first, I wanted them to be together, but something just doesn't seem right. I think I still long for Faith and Carson to reunite; those feelings seem unresolved to me.

      As for Elizabeth and Lucas, there is an underlying tense feeling between the two that seems to pull them more apart in each episode. The whole house debacle was just the tip of the iceberg. Lucas seems to want a different life, while Elizabeth is content right where she is, and whatever she wants is what matters most. Lucas must succumb to her every pleasure. I agree, Rebecca, the way that talk was handled was completely one-sided and all about what Elizabeth wanted. She doesn't seem all that interested in building a home with Lucas. There was no room for compromise. And the way she spoke about him to Rosemary was disrespectful.

      Also, I agree, the flirtatious between Elizabeth and Nathan really surprised me, as well as their carefree conversations about parenting. I think the writers are just teasing us again, but this episode was truly a weak moment in the Elizabeth and Lucas (Lucabeth) love saga.

      Erin Krakow did say this season would be a roller coaster!

      Thank you again, Rebecca, for sharing your take with us!
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    4. Maria-Definitely true! I’m glad to see they haven’t included any offensive storylines thus far.

      Rebecca

      Delete
    5. Abigail, I have listened to a couple of the Lucabeth Lounge’s podcasts and have enjoyed them very much!

      I have wondered too if the new writers and show runner have had an effect on the way the characters are being portrayed in season 10. I’m sure it does take some time to get comfortable writing for characters that you haven’t before.

      Delete
    6. Net- I do agree about Faith and Carson! I am curious if Paul Greene ever plans to make a return to Hope Valley. I hope, before the show comes to an actual end, that he comes back and the two characters can reconcile, assuming that she isn’t married to Nathan by then.

      Also, thank you for the reminder about this season being a rollercoaster! There are 7 episodes remaining right? So plenty of time for things to even out again even if there isn’t going to be a wedding.

      Return

      Delete
    7. Sorry, typo. I meant Rebecca, not Return lol

      Delete
    8. Sorry, but it's rightfully unpopular opinion. It was true in times when bride has moved from her father's house to her husband's (or husband's family) house. Not in times when bride is living on her own, in her own place/house. Lucas is selfish because it's little Jack's home. And he said he wanted to build that house for Elizabeth and if she does not want that he should respect that. He has always admired Elizabeth's independence. But if he wanted a bride who would follow him everywhere he should have chosen some young virgin bride instead. I truly respect your opinion but i probably don't understand you. Especially since your idea of compromise is that everything should be according Lucas's wishes. And it would not be fair either.

      Delete
    9. I appreciate the response and I respect your opinion as well. 😊However, I can’t say that my opinion is a “rightfully unpopular one”. I certainly never said that everything should be according to Lucas’ wishes, nor did I imply it. But I do think there should have been a discussion not simply laying down the law by Elizabeth. Little Jack is around 5 years old I believe. He would most certainly adapt to a new home very quickly. Lucas responded that he understood so I don’t think there is an issue with him not respecting what she said. I don’t understand it, but he did haha πŸ˜‚ Also, I don’t think that it matters whether she lived on her own or not. I still believe that, for the time period, it was normal and accepted for a man to build a house for his wife, regardless of whether she was widowed or single. From what I’ve learned of that time in history, whether she was a young bride or not really wouldn’t have come in to play. Lucas lives on his own also but he doesn’t seem to expect her to move where he is now. He’s also never given the indication that he expected her to follow him wherever he went, especially after this season’s second episode when he made it very clear that and Elizabeth would be making their home in Hope Valley.

      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. Additional thought: Seriously? No wedding on WCTH?!! Outrageous. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curious Caterer is about the only mystery which I really like on Hallmark at the minute (although most of the others are one-offs) so I'm looking forward to it - Andrew and Nikki are a great pairing.

    I'm a big fan of Chris McNally and 3 Bed 2 Bath 1 Ghost sounds like fun although many here won't like the idea of a ghost.

    Nothing else really appeals.

    There was some talk here last week that HMM might not be airing any Christmas movies but I was reading that Nikki DeLoach's X'mas offering with Lucas Bryant is on HMM so it looks like they will be.

    Wikipedia is already listing the first two Christmas movies on Hallmark - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence,

      If HMM doesnt air Christmas movies, then I likely won't watch any Hallmark. I only watch the HMM channel during Christmas cause they actually play older movies. HM plays woke, new movies and they pish certain movies down the viewers throats, like the Mahogany, or the movies that star their pet actors, all the actors that are NOT Candace Cameron Bure. Those movies get played over and over, even if the ratings were bad. I know that happnes on HMM too, just that they play the movies I like and they play a lot of older movies.

      Here is an example, they are playing A Maple Valley Christmas AGAIN on Christmas Thursdays. I dont have my notebook with me but they have literally played that move 4 or 5 times across Thursday and Friday Christmas. I mean they have hundreds of movies, but that movie gets played over and over? The movie wasn't even good. But it will be played yet again on Oct 12th. I get it has Andrew Walker, and he is in Fatal Vows, but there are many other Andrew Walker they can play, like Christmas Tree Lane, Merry & Bright, Dashing Thru the Snow, A Bride for Christmas, but they keep pushing this Maple Valley movie.

      So I do hope HMM plays Christmas otherwise I will be on GAF the entire time. I loved the ONE year the Drama channel played Christmas, cause i watched it all the time as they played the older movies.

      Sabrina

      Delete
  6. Hi all!

    I am so excited about the news Lisa is coming back! I miss her being on with Alison. OMG they better get Mike and Hannah back together or I am going to be so mad. I am also looking forward to all of the other mystery and 'Field Day'. I am ready for Autumn. It has been so hot in KY this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Joan-
      I was born and raised in the Bluegrass area of Kentucky. It is a beautiful state and so lovely in the fall.
      -Gabe’s Mom
      In regard to the upcoming movies on Hallmark, I am happy to see the Curious Caterer and H.S. Mystery. The H.S. storyline has been less interesting as of late. Hallmark is at a crossroads of either presenting their favored movies and themes or stumble along and lose fans. Time will tell.
      Have a good weekend all. πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚

      Delete
    2. Joan, you make me laugh! You sound so much like me! I need to see Bill with Andrea, and of course Hannah should get back together with Mike. We should meet up some day and watch one together(we're just an hour apart right?) but we'd probably talk so much we'd miss some...I remember you saying you talk to the TV(so do I.) -LOL ;)

      Oh yeah! It has been hot, but weren't those last do days great! It was enjoyable here in Owensboro. I was able to go outside and read, and I have my mom's red head skin so I don't do well wth heat or humidity. Was it the same in Louisville?? But now it's 90 again. I guess we are going through the season back and forth change.

      Have a blessed Lords day tomorrow!❤

      Delete
    3. Hi Gabe's Mom!

      That is so cool to hear you were born and raised in KY! I do agree with you. I think KY is lovely in the autumn. I have enjoyed the Curious Caterer so far and I hope the latest one is good. And, I do agree with you on the H.S. storyline. Honestly, I enjoyed the Murder She Baked movies more.

      Delete
    4. Hi Abigail!

      You make me laugh too! We are so much alike! I would love to meet up someday. I would agree with you we would talk so much we would miss some of the movie. Yes, I do talk to the TV. :-) I believe we would get along very well. :-)

      We did enjoy some lovely weather recently as well in Louisville. But, yes we are back to hot weather again here. I did hear it is going to cool off in the next few days. You know, if you don't like the weather, in KY, don't worry because it will change soon. LOL

      On another note, I see we are similar in our skin tone too. I am very fair so I always wear sunscreen.

      Thanks so much for the lovely words at the end of your message. I wish the same for you always! ❤

      Delete
  7. I can’t believe Elizabeth and Lucas aren’t getting married this season. They seem to be drawing this out and with the fiasco last week with Lucas offering to build Elizabeth a big house, I can’t help but wonder if trouble is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember how excited she was when jack was going to build her a home large enough for the Thorton Clan, but now she can't do the same for Lucas(and she has the land!!)

      Delete
    2. Abigail, That is so true! I remember how much Elizabeth looked forward to her dream home with Jack. At that time, Rosemary wasn't even considered. It seems she still has issues with holding onto the past, but those issues most likely won't be explored any further in future episodes.

      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  8. So excited for fall movies. I'm decorating for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! I'm doing the same!! I can't wait to stick my hand inside of a pumpkin!🍁

      Delete
  9. I totally thought of the group of gossip ladies as well!
    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so great! For sure I’ll be watching Field Day and Hannah Swenson and Curious Caterer. I’m also confused about the Lake Eden but more so for me I miss the Murder She Baked title, sounded warmer to me. I will also be skipping the ghost movie Net, I’m bummed because I really wanted to see Julie and Chris in another movie together.

    —Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Bill will be on too. Andrea and Bill were the best. Or at least talk about Bill.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This channel does have a history of ending a series when the couple is broken up, like Mystery 101. So I wouldnt put it past HM to break up hannah and mike, and end the series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for getting Andrea back!!! Come to think of it, I never even watched the last movie--didn't feel exited because who knows when they'll cancel a series on a cliffhanger, right? πŸ™„ Now I have double to enjoy watching, assuming they straighten out the romance in this new Swensen mystery. 😊

    I agree Abigail, Curious Caterer is almost dizzying with how so many of the characters have been married to each other! I'm finding it a bit wearisome, especially in the last movie, and it doesn't look like this one will depart that pattern. Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised.... :-)

    I can't believe it's already September, friends!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Lisa Durupt is back! About time! Let someone just hope it’s family-friendly and we can enjoy and watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear that Lisa Durupt is back. Andrea and Bill kind of made the movies for me. As for the comments of Hannah needs to get back together with Mike. I've got to say that she didn't end up with him in the books, that was a diversion that Hallmark added to the movies.

    Also looking forward to seeing Chris McNally and Julie Gonzalo in a movie together. It'll be great to see them in another movie and especially now that they're together in real life
    .
    And I for one still love when calls the heart. Interesting to see what happened between Nathan and Faith and where they're going to go with it. I think we just have to be patient and remember that there's, what? Seven more episodes left this season. Anything can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna is a new real estate agent. She just listed a home, however, she has a problem.
    A ghost from the 1920s lives in the home. Moreover, she refuses to leave the house unless Anna does one thing. The ghost insists that Anna reunite with her ex-boyfriend so that she can “pass over,” and leave the home.

    The premiere of 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghostpremieres on Saturday, October 7, at 8 p.m., Eastern, on the Hallmark Channel. This movie will be available on Peacock up to 72 hours after the premiere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallmark’s Field Day is the final non-holiday movie of 2023. Moreover, this is one of the most highly anticipated movies of the season. That is because it was previewed at Christmas Con back in June, and everyone who saw it raved. Viewers have said this is the movie that has all you want out of a fall movie, and Rachel Boston to boot.
    Jen, Marissa, and Kelly are all moms who are planning the annual Field Day for their kids. Although they are all from different backgrounds, they find a lot of common ground with each other. Unfortunately, that is not true about the PTO

    However, the PE teacher is there for her. Dan is happy to help out Jen as a friend and as a teacher. This entire experience is helping Jen who is new to town, and still getting over the death of her husband.
    Besides Dan, Jen is really enjoying her time with Marissa and Kelly. They are working hard for their kids, but have found a strong bond with each other.

    The premiere of Field Day is on Saturday, October 14, at 8 p.m., Eastern, on the Hallmark Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They changed back from Haven’t Met Yet to One Perfect Match on September 16, 2023

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost promo trailer

    The house that Anna, a new real estate agent, has listed has a spirit from the 1920s that won't go. Even worse, the ghost is afraid she won't be able to "pass over" unless she reconciles Anna with her ex named Elliott

    The female ghost dressed Great Gatsby in 1920s in her house who refused to leave the house. Anna is selling this house & she is like ahhhh when she says a ghost.

    Looks like similarity Casper the Friendly Ghost & The Canterville Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just watched 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Ghost, and I thought it was cute and family-friendly. I know the "ghost" will make it a no for some, but there wasn't anything occultic in the story. It wasn't frightening, either, and I'm a huge wimp about scary stuff! The only part close to scary comes at the beginning. Ruby, the ghost, is used to scaring people away from buying the house with tricks. When Anna first comes to the house, Ruby slams some doors and then stand in the hallway with a white sheet or something over her. Anna isn't scared at all, thinking it's a co-worker pranking her. She pulls the sheet off and asks Ruby who she is. Ruby is surprised that Anna can see her. That's the extent of the "haunting" type of stuff.

    The movie is more about Ruby and Anna helping one another and eventually becoming friends. Ruby sees that Anna and her ex still have feelings for each other and believes if she helps them, she can move on and be with her lost love, Charlie. I know everyone has different convictions about this kind of stuff in movies, so I hope that helps people make a decision. Our family doesn't celebrate Halloween or read/watch Harry Potter, and I still felt this movie was innocent. So, I hope my review helps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Field Day was a good, family friendly movie about three very different moms learning to appreciate one another and then becoming friends, which I thought was a good message. Marissa (the workaholic mom) and Kelly (the influencer mom) got on my nerves at first, but there was character growth in both of them as the movie went on. Both of them learn to put down their phones and be present with their families. Jen, the third mom, really helps them put things in perspective as she lost her husband two years previously and knows how important it is to be present in the moment. The friendship that grew between these moms really moved me and was the best part of the story! The romance was more of a side plot, and while I enjoyed their chemistry and flirty banter, the way they couldn't make up their minds the second half of the movie started to get annoying. They kind of dragged that on too long, in my opinion. There was a touching moment that made me cry when Jen watches a video left for her by her deceased husband. Overall, a great movie with nothing questionable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Movie Review - Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

    A Zest for Death: A Hannah Swensen Mystery – This was the best (so far!) movie for the Hannah Swensen series! It truly felt like the Murder, She Baked good ole days. While I missed seeing Norman (Gabriel Hogan) in this one, I loved having Andrea (Lisa Durupt) come home again, and I liked how Hannah (Alison Sweeney) and Mike (Cameron Mathison) focused more on each other, even though their relationship is a bit strained. Hannah’s mom, Delores (played by the incredible, Barbara Niven), was so funny throughout the movie; I especially enjoyed her actually trying to help solve this mystery this time, instead of her usual complaints over Hannah’s involvement. She and Andrea always add some delightful comedy to the story. It was also nice to see Hannah’s cat, Moishe, make an adorable appearance, as well. The mystery portion had me guessing until nearly the end, which is good because I can typically spot these suspects a mile away. I’m certainly hoping we will see more in the Hannah Swensen mystery series soon! ~Net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Field Day. A fun, entertaining movie. Made me laugh and made me tear up. Rachel Boston can get on my nerves when her movies are all about romance and she’s all silly and giggly and overly perky, but I think she shines in movies like this one where the focus is more about everyday life and friendships. There were still plenty of silly and unrealistic bits to the movie that had me rolling my eyes, but, for the most part, it was quite enjoyable. I’d definitely watch it again in a year or two simply for the great chemistry and fun between the three moms as they forged a new friendship (absolutely loved all three actresses!!). The romance was secondary to the friendships between the moms. I thought Rachel and Ben had good chemistry but the on-again, off-again nature of their romance dragged on way too long (it was always “should we or shouldn’t we go on a date?” and that just got boring for me). Family friendly. {**Mild Spoiler Alert: I was glad the obligatory kiss at the end was partially interrupted by the fun friends and also that it was more of a peck than a full-on lip lock. That made more sense since they had only been on one sort of “non” date and were only just building a friendship after each had experienced loss. However, it felt yuck when the leadup to that kiss was him telling her how much he loved her (so soon??) and whispering how sexy she was. Blech! That totally did not fit the story.} ~~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Field Day – This family-friendly movie starts off rather sweet and funny, but for me, it was kind of slow moving. The romance was rather lackluster, and the agony of trying to put together Field Day was drawn out way too long for three PTA moms who accidentally get roped into doing it. While it was nice to see Rachel Boston’s character, Jen Davis, meet new friends, there was another catty woman, who totally reminds you of those high school clique days. Ugh! She was awful. Then, the scene (small spoiler) later in the movie, where Jen receives a message (via video) from her deceased husband is rather sad and heavy for the typical Hallmark Channel rom-com. Wish we could’ve seen Benjamin Ayres character, Dan Alridge, more in the movie; he seemed to only pop in for brief segments. Overall, Field Day was fun, too, at times, but just an okay one-time watch for me. ~Net

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net