Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Net's Movie Reviews - God's Not Dead: We the People and The Clue to Love! See Here:




Today I want to share with you all my take on two movies I watched with my family through the Christian streaming service Pureflix.

The first movie is "God's Not Dead: We the People." When Pureflix had a limited viewing of this movie last year in November, I was able to watch then, but with all the excitement around Christmas, I didn’t get a chance to share a review. However, I recently noticed, the movie returned this March to Pureflix, so I gave it a re-watch and decided this was a great time to finally share my thoughts.

"God's Not Dead: We the People"


Before I share my review (below), if you don’t have Pureflix, you’ll be happy to know that "God's Not Dead: We the People" is available to watch through Prime Video, and it's also available on DVD at Amazon, Walmart, etc…

You can also find this movie in a 4 movie DVD collection, which includes all of the "God's Not Dead" films. (By the way, the second movie in the series stars Melissa Joan Hart ("Mistletoe in Montana," "Dear Christmas") and Jesse Metcalfe ("Martha's Vineyard Mysteries," "Harmony from the Heart"), and it is an excellent, uplifting story!)

In addition to "God's Not Dead: We the People," I recently viewed another movie on Pureflix that might be of interest to many of you. The movie is a lighthearted rom-com titled "The Clue to Love". It’s from the production company Reel One Entertainment, which is where UPtv acquires many of their new movie premieres. Hopefully, they will acquire this one day, but until then, "The Clue to Love" is available to stream through Pureflix and Prime Video; plus, it is available on DVD, as well, at Amazon, Walmart, etc…

"The Clue to Love"


*********************

*Please Note: As an Amazon and Walmart affiliate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases when you click on my links. This will not change the price for you in any way. Thank you for supporting *It's a Wonderful Movie*!

*********************




See my reviews for both of these movies below…


"God's Not Dead: We the People"


God’s Not Dead: We the People - Movie Review

Intense! Powerful! Uplifting! “God’s Not Dead: We the People” (the fourth film in the “God’s Not Dead” series) is an inspirational Christian film about standing up for our religious rights. Specifically in this film, homeschool parents are targeted for teaching the Bible in their homes and not the standard curriculum taught in public schools. It was incredibly moving to see this group of parents and their pastor, Reverend David Hill, (portrayed by actor/producer, David A.R. White) stand up for their beliefs and take their case all the way to Washington, D.C. I believe this movie will embolden you in your faith, encourage you in your commitment to stand on God’s Word, and invigorate you in your strength to fight for your freedom, no matter the cost.

The movie also had a wonderful cast, with Christian singer, Francesca Battistelli, as Rebecca McKinnon, one of the main homeschool parents, actor Antonio Sabato Jr., as Rebecca’s incredibly supportive husband, actor Isaiah Washington, as Congressman Daryl Smith, who helps to defend religious liberties, and Fox News host, Judge Jeanine Pirro was truly dynamic as Judge Neely, whose role was pivotal to the entire film.

Another beautiful touch to this impactful film, were the meaningful and heartwarming flashbacks to previous “God’s Not Dead” movies. The moral of the story is... how far are you willing to go to stand up for your beliefs? “God’s Not Dead: We the People” is family friendly – a perfect movie for believers, churches, homeschool families, youth groups, etc... This film is a perfect reminder of how fragile our freedoms are, and that message is even more meaningful in the world we live in today.

~Net, It's a Wonderful Movie  



Where you can see...

Stream through: Pureflix or Prime Video
DVD: Amazon or Walmart



*********************






The Clue to Love - Movie Review
(Note: I watched "The Clue to Love" through Pureflix)

Extra! Extra! Read All About It! "The Clue to Love" is such a cute family friendly rom-com with charming banter that revolves around a newspaper business and stars Rachel Bles (“Cooking Up Love”) as Audrey Harper and Travis Milne (who I just loved as Charlie Baker in “A Gift Wrapped Christmas”) as Morgan Cooper. Both are newspaper reporters; however, Audrey is learning to write her stories with a little more heart, as Morgan, the Editor in Chief, has shown in his award winning articles. As Audrey shadows Morgan at the Hope Cove Beacon Newspaper, she discovers the identity of the person who writes the infamous local advice column, Ask Aunt Hope, is a secret and she is determined to figure out who the person is. Morgan and Audrey have wonderful chemistry together, and there’s some interesting tension at the newspaper on whether or not Morgan’s father will sell the family business. Plus, Morgan is beginning to wonder if he can trust Audrey, since she is connected with the big city newspaper that wants to purchase Hope Cove’s small town paper.

Overall, here’s my exclusive scoop… "The Clue to Love" is a very sweet story, with a little bit of mystery and heartfelt moments. I hope to see it on UPtv some day!

~Net, It's a Wonderful Movie 

 


Where you can see...

Stream through: Pureflix or Prime Video
DVD: Amazon or Walmart


Note: I noticed Amazon has this movie rated as TV-14 and I can't imagine why. I personally didn't see any content that required this rating when I watched this movie through Pureflix, and to my knowledge, the movie was not edited in any way. In fact, I checked the time on the DVD versus the time of the movie at Pureflix, and it was actually a few minutes longer at Pureflix. So, that rating makes no sense to me at all. What I saw was a decent, lighthearted movie.


UPDATE - Another Movie Review:

"The Clue to Love that was shown in Canada had a man making a comment about his Husband not letting him see their baby. It was fairly close to the beginning when Rachel Bles is having a meeting with the people at the newspaper. It shows the guy answering his cell phone talking about the surrogate about to have the baby and then he makes the comment about his husband. The US version must have removed that comment." ~Anonymous

*Note #2: I spoke to Pureflix and they said some of the movies are edited by the companies before they are submitted to Pureflix. So... the version I watched must have been edited. Please know, I'm not sure what is on the DVD.



I sincerely hope you enjoyed reading my reviews for both of these movies.

Blessings to you all, Net




19 comments:

  1. I watched the God's Not Dead Movie last year on UP TV, and I rented the next 2 out on DVD later on, loved them all! I'll be renting the new one in the next few days, looking forward to seeing it! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews, Net. I would really like to see The Clue to Love on UP-TV, too. Thought I would put that out there in case someone in their programming department might be listening.

    Travis Milne is also my favorite, since seeing him in “A Gift Wrapped Christmas”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie B, It's definitely a possibility that UP could play "The Clue to Love" one day, but it's hard to know how long that might be.

      Glad to know you enjoy “A Gift Wrapped Christmas,” too! I think Travis is so perfect as Charlie Baker!!! And even though "Gift Wrapped" is still my top fave of his, he's just as cute in "The Clue to Love."

      Delete
  3. Ordered The Clue To Love DVD yesterday. I have all the DVDS of God's Not Dead movies and loved them all; especially God's Not Dead 2 with Jesse Metcalfe. Have not found the time to watch We The People but hoping to soon. After reading Net's review, I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat, Oh, I sure hope you will enjoy both of these movies as much as I did, especially "God's Not Dead: We The People." Since we both really enjoyed the 2nd movie in the series, I have a feeling you will like this one, too!

      Delete
  4. Anyone heard as to whether there will be any more Mystery 101's? Also, does anyone know if they are ever going to put the rest of the Mystery Woman shows on dvd? Still hoping for other movies like Return to Christmas Creek, Love in Paradise, Christmas Bow, Eight Gifts of Hanukkah and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are rumors and talk that another one may be coming, but nothing has been officially announced, yet, by Hallmark! We do know the next script is written, so hopefully, since ratings have been high for previous Mystery 101 movies, this one will officially get the green light!

      Delete
  5. Surprised to hear The Clue To Love is available on DVD.

    It's some while since I saw this but from what I remember it was above average.

    I think it was a bit slow to start and Travis Milne was slightly dull at first but he developed as the movie progressed, he grew on me and I think the two leads went well together.

    I liked Rachel Bles much better in this than in Cooking Up Love.

    I'll have to root this out at some stage and re-watch it.

    It would be unfair to rate it until I have done so - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, Yeah, this movie was really cute. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it even more after your second viewing. I believe "Cooking Up Love" was the first time I had ever seen Rachel Bes in a movie, and I immediately liked her bubbly personality. Hope we see her in more movies on UP; I believe I caught her name attached to another new movie recently.

      Delete
  6. That would be Styled With Love co-starring Dennis Andres.

    This is one I really hope UPtv picks up as Dennis has become a favourite of mine after UP aired a couple of great movies of his last year - Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence, Yes!!! That's the one I was referring to! It looks rather cute, and I hope UP decides to air it sometime soon.

      By the way, I think Dennis Andres is great, too! He totally cracked me up in "Blueprint to the Heart," and I really liked his role as the brother in "An Autumn Romance."

      Delete
  7. Watched We the People today on DVD, and I really loved it!! -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed “God’s Not Dead: We the People!” It is a very passionate film.

      Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete
  8. The Clue to Love that was shown in Canada had a man making a comment about his Husband not letting him see their baby. It was fairly close to the beginning when Rachel Bles is having a meeting with the people at the newspaper. It shows the guy answering his cell phone talking about the surrogate about to have the baby and then he makes the comment about his husband. The US version must have removed that comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting. I just re-watched that scene through Pureflix, and it's definitely not there in that version. I'll be sure to add your review above so others will know. I really appreciate you informing us.

      Delete
    2. Net, I sure hope I bought the Pureflix version DVD. If not, Clue To Love will be in the garbage.

      Delete
    3. kitkat, I sure hope it doesn't. The screening on Pureflix made no mention of being edited. I reached out to Pureflix to ask them about this and they said sometimes it is mentioned that a movie is edited and other times, it does not. So, I guess we can't trust it's the complete movie there. I'm sooooo very, very sorry. Maybe, if you contact Amazon through their customer service chat, they will let you ship it back for free and you can get your money back. They've been very helpful to me with various issues in the past.

      Delete
    4. Thank you Net! It might be okay so I will try to watch it and see which version I have. It wasn't a lot of money so no worries. It won't be the first movie I have tossed!

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net