Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

When Calls the Heart Season 9 Premiere Date + My Take!



See premiere news direct from Hallmark's press release on When Calls the Heart season 9, plus my take on the new season below...


Hallmark Channel press release:

HALLMARK CHANNEL ANNOUNCES
THE SEASON NINE PREMIERE DATE
OF THE NETWORK'S HIGHLY RATED
AND LONGEST-RUNNING ORIGINAL SERIES
"WHEN CALLS THE HEART"

STUDIO CITY, CA - January 5, 2022 - Season nine of Hallmark Channel's beloved primetime drama series, "When Calls the Heart," will make its compelling return with more romance and drama in store for the residents of Hope Valley, premiering on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 9pm/8c with 12 all-new episodes!

Hope Valley is in a state of growth, with the foundry's progress and the evolution of key relationships. The Mayoral race has the town buzzing with a few members of the town running against one another. Elizabeth and Lucas focus on their relationship beyond courtship, and as she gets to know Lucas better, she learns about his past which gives Elizabeth pause about their future.

"'When Calls the Heart' is a cherished series that continues to grow in the ratings annually. It continues to gain fans and is a tent pole of our network's storytelling, said Lisa Hamilton Daly, Executive Vice President, Programming, Crown Media Family Networks. "We are thrilled to showcase a new season from the talented writers and amazing cast. Continuing with original stories of romance, drama and friendship, we are thrilled for viewers to tune in to the new season."


The hit drama "When Calls the Heart" ended its eighth season on a high, with this season's final episode (8012) ranking as the most-watched episode of the series in Households (2.9 million) and among Total Viewers (3.6 million) on a Live+3 basis. In fact, season 8 became the most watched of the series in Households, and among Total Viewers and Women 18+, with the program delivering 2.7 million Households, 3.3 million Total Viewers, and 2.4 million Women 18+. The program also ranked as the #1 original scripted series on ad-supported cable in 2021-to-date among Households and Women 18+. However, among Women 18+, the program was also this year's #1 original series (including reality) on ad-supported cable in 2021-to-date.

With its 12 episodes, the season reached 9.5 million unduplicated Total Viewers.

Source: Nielsen, Season 8 (2/21-5/9/21), Live+3 Days. Original scripted series ranker excludes news, sports & repeats, and they reflect rank standings at time of air, thru 5/9/21 only.


--------------------------- End of Press Release ---------------------------


My Take:

I know there are differing views on When Calls the Heart. Some are pleased with the way Season 8 ended and some are not happy at all with Elizabeth's (Erin Krakow) choice, while others, I'm sure, don't care at all, either way. I'm somewhere between the latter two. While I love the heartwarming stories in WCTH, season 8 did leave me feeling indifferent toward the beloved characters I once loved and first became acquainted with through Janette Oke's books.

I do plan to watch the new season, but seeing these new promos and previews makes the characters seem, somehow, even more unfamiliar to me. Clara (Eva Bourne), Jesse (Aren Buchholz), and Dr. Carson Shepherd (Paul Greene) are all gone now from Hope Valley, there's a new little boy playing young Jack (Hyland Goodrich), and there's even a new woman in town (Mei Sou) who seems to quickly catch Mountie Nathan Grant's (Kevin McGarry) attention. While I want Nathan to find his own true love, I hope they don't rush this storyline in order to try and appease fans who were disappointed with season 8's ending. There's certain to be a lot of drama, either way, on and off (social media) the screen.

However, instead of all of the drama, I personally hope there are more inspiring moments of faith with the new Pastor, Joseph Canfield (Viv Leacock) and touching scenes that pull the community together, as they did in the earlier seasons. That is my hope for When Calls the Heart season 9.

Please share your thoughts in comments below. Do you plan to watch?

Blessings! Net


19 comments:

  1. Will there be a Christmas movie of When Calls the Heart in December 2022?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris, it doesn't look like there will be a Christmas film, but there was a festive scene in the first look clip on the Hallmark website. I'm guessing it's Easter, since the season starts early March.

      Delete
    2. I am talking about a When Calls the Heart Christmas movie in December 2022 which probably starts maybe the2023 season.

      Delete
  2. Aww Net, you said that sooo well. I feel kinda similar. I was disappointed when she picked Lucas, but I am now warming up to him. I feel like I have to give the writers and Brian Bird a chance. It always worked out before, perhaps it will again.

    It looks like they are focusing on Lucas and little Jack, finally!! I think that will soften a lot of Nathan fans. We need to see some bonding between the two and hopefully it will make Elizabeth more open to the idea of marriage. It took her and Jack 5 seasons to get married. I really hope it's shorter this time.

    Aww yeah, they did replace the twins, Lincoln and Gunner. I'm guessing they were too shy or maybe their parents had other plans for them. I will miss them. They were very precious.
    The new little toddler(Hyland Goodrich) does seem very sweet and he seems to have a playful happiness to him. Maybe he'll be a better actor for the show. The other little Jack never spoke, I noticed. I also noticed he has the same coloring of the former little Jacks, so I feel like they did a good job with the casting....And that picture of the three of them, Elizabeth and Lucas, Jack in his arms. That's just what I wanted to see. The happy little family.

    I was sad to see Clara and Jesse leaving too. They will be missed as well. Maybe they will be back for future visits. The writers do a good job of leaving doors open for the former WCTH family actors. Like Carson and Abigail( & Cody)

    I loved seeing Joseph Canfield last season. Hope Valley hasn't had a real pastor since Frank left. It's so good to see more wonderful, strong faith coming back to the show. He has a sweet family too! WCTH can never have enough children.

    I love Minnie's addition to the show. I kinda feel like she is a replacement of Abigail. A good married, family woman that shows lots of wisdom in her character and she bakes.
    My sister and I were curious about this, let me know if any of you felt the same.

    My Q.s for Season 9.

    •What will happen with Elizabeth in the school board concerning the blind student?

    •Who is this new woman in Nathan's life and what is her reason for coming to Hope Valley?

    •Will we see romance between Bill and Mollie? And Fiona and Hickem?

    •Who will become Mayor. Hope it is Lee.

    •What is the mystery concerning the Canfields old cabin?

    •Will we see a proposal, and even cuter, will we see Lucas and little Jack doing it together?? And will she say yes??! I hope she does, because my wish is to see Lucas holding little Jack on his lap, cuddling his new baby sister. Wouldn't that be adorable!❤

    Hope all my friends here have a happy and healthy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, Loved reading all of your thoughts and questions on Season 9! I sure hope they address them all. The one I’m wondering might be left out is the mystery surrounding the cabin. Sometimes, they seem to present a story, then they let it go.

      As for Elizabeth and Lucas, my main objection is because he’s the saloon owner. Historically, I don’t think a teacher of that time period would have had any association with a man in his line of work. If she did, it would have been deemed improper and she would’ve been let go.

      Also, Elizabeth left her life in Hamilton because she wanted to do something important, give back to others. Her desire was to live a more simple life and help those who are impoverished. Since she’s been with Lucas, it’s like she’s reverted back to that lavish lifestyle.

      I read in the new season, Elizabeth will learn more about Lucas’ past and have doubts about continuing their relationship. That should be interesting.

      It will be very empty in the town without Clara and Jesse; I sure hope we see them return- one day!

      Blessings & Happy New Year to you, too!!!

      Delete
  3. I’m very excited for season 9! I love Lucas and Elizabeth together and can’t wait to see their romance continue. I personally never got on board with Nathan from the moment he arrived in town. He was rude and quick to judge Lucas when he, as it turns out, was keeping quite a secret of his own. I’m glad he’s getting a new love interest but he’s just not very appealing to me. I’m very disappointed that Clara and Jesse aren’t coming back. I loved watching their story over the years with the exception of the pettiness of season 8. I expected Paul Greene to not return so it’s not as much of a shock. But I love the Canfields and can’t wait to see more of them and the Christianity and faith element that has returned to the show after a long absence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree... it's very nice to see faith have a more prominent role in the WCTH series. I, too, hope that carries over to season 9!

      Delete
  4. I’m one that wasn’t thrilled with the ending of season 8. And overall, I just didn’t like the season. Elizabeth’s character really grated on me. The one bright spot was my favorite couple of Lee and Rosemary. I’m hoping this season is better and agree that having Nathan jump into another romance would be a little quick. I’m thinking the mayor race could be a fun storyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer R, You and I agree 100%! It was sad to see the fans divided over Season 8 and so many left disappointed over the finale. I know just what you mean about Elizabeth; it was hard to watch the way she treated Rosemary, especially. I sure hope they don't go down that road again in any way.

      I'm also very curious to see what they will do with the mayor race. I'm thinking it will be Fiona, but we'll see.

      Delete
  5. I can’t watch WCTH: season 9 anymore; I’d stop watching because I never watch WCTH: Season 1-5 before I watch the part Elizabeth search out Carson to operate Cody. Carson’s Sister in Law; Marlise Bennett frustration with him because she lost her older Sister; Catherine. Jack & Elizabeth got married. Jack left in the middle of the Night. Elizabeth was pregnant with Jack’s baby. Mountie came to Hope Valley to Elizabeth a note from Jack when she was with Elizabeth when she cried & says he’s sorry. Lucas & Constable Nathan came to Hope Valley & also, there’s Nathan’s Niece; Allie.. The viewers didn’t like WCTH: Season 8 & they will stop watching WCTH: Season 9.


    WCTH books are always about the Teacher & the Mountie. Elizabeth & Jack have 2 children: a boy & a girl. In Series, since Jack passed away offscreen in Season 5. It could be Nathan, Elizabeth, Allie, & Jack Jr..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Net,
    As someone who fell in love with the books as a teenager, I watched this show from day one. Season one was outstanding but feel it went downhill after that. I continued to watch though and was devastated when they killed off Jack. They got me hooked again with Nathan and I kept waiting last season for the payoff. That last episode made no sense to me. I turned it off and haven’t even had a desire to rewatch any of the seasons. In my opinion, they made Elizabeth totally unlikeable. I won’t be watching the new season but I will be looking forward to the return of When Hope Calls on GAC Family. Thanks for all you do Net and gave a blessed year!
    Becky F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky F - I agree with everything you said! I, too, began reading Janette Oke's books as a teenager, I was devastated when Jack died, but like you, hooked back in with Mountie Nathan. As I read your comment, I was amazed on how much we think alike, even with our thoughts towards Elizabeth's unbecoming behavior in season 8.

      I know season 9 will be different then what I had hoped for or anticipated, but I'm just to curious to stop here. I have to see what happens next, especially with Rosemary and Lee. Their relationship is the one that most intrigues me, and as I mentioned above, I'm hoping Joseph Canfield will have a bigger role in developing the spiritual community in Hope Valley.

      Also, like you, Becky... I'm very much looking forward to a new season of When Hope Calls. I'm hoping there will be less romantic drama with this show and instead, more heartwarming moments.

      God's blessings to you in the New Year, as well!!! Net

      Delete
  7. I am hoping Rosemary gets pregnant this season. She's been aching for this since season 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail, I would love to see that, too. I especially think it would be nice to see them adopt a child - of any age. I was hoping for that when they visited the When Hope Calls show a few seasons back, but nothing ever came of that. I was sure Rosemary's heart would urge her to adopt after visiting the orphanage. I've often felt that was a huge storyline missed.

      Delete
    2. Aww, I had the same thoughts. Rosemary and Lee have so much(Love) to offer. It would be wonderful to see them become parents, to a orphan or of their own.

      And I think they deserve twins.

      Delete
  8. Please, Mountie Nathan, shave off the mustache and thingy under your bottom lip.

    I, too, was disappointed the way Elizabeth treated Rosemary. Maybe that relationship will be healed this season.

    I looked at the Hallmark Channel WCTH webpage and watched a video where Lucas was going to play with Jack and his toy sailboat. I noticed that the boy was bigger than the twins and seemed more ready to interact with Lucas.

    I hope Lee is chosen mayor which is a perfect fit for him. Well, whoever is chosen mayor is going to be very busy with the jobs that they already have.

    I am so happy that the Canfield's are back this season! I'm pleased that WCTH is bringing back faith into the show. And I agree with you, Net, about developing a spiritual community in Hope Valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namegirl, Totally agree on the mustache! Although, it probably is in keeping with the time period, I also prefer Nathan clean shaven. From various previews we’ve been given, I’m hearing it shouldn’t last the whole season - thank goodness!!!

      I would also love to see Lee chosen as the new mayor. He is my pick, but I have a feeling they will choose Fiona. It seems they often try to place women in these roles to prove a point. I simply think the person who can do the best job is the person who should be chosen, no matter their gender.

      So glad to hear how much you enjoy the Canfield's, too! Can’t wait to see the impact they will each have this season.

      Delete
    2. Ohh! That mustache! Take it off. I agree Net, I'm guessing it will only last a episode or two for new time periods and for humor scenes.

      I hope Lee gets to be Mayor as well. If Abigail hadn't been Mayor already, I would guess it would be Fiona, but they already went through that change.

      Delete
  9. I think I will have better things to do than watch When Calls the Heart.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net