Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, October 18, 2021

My Thoughts on Christmas Movie Previews, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" & More! #POstables #GACFamFans #Hallmarkies *SEE HERE:




There was a lot of new content to watch over the weekend – with the Christmas movie previews, the puzzling Chesapeake Shores finale and the beautiful Signed, Sealed, Delivered wedding…; therefore, there is a lot to discuss today.

I’ll cover each topic and share my thoughts, and I would love to know your opinion, too. Please share your thoughts in comments below.

Let’s go…


GAC Family’s Great American Christmas Preview Special
vs.
Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas Sneak Peek




First, GAC Family’s Christmas Preview Show was everything you expect a preview show to be and then some! We were given titles, dates, cast details and so much more! Hosts Debbie Matenopoulos & Cameron Mathison were enthusiastic and festive – standing on the porch of a beautiful home all decked out with lights, trees, and garlands for the Christmas season! Their joyful optimism was infectious and truly filled you with the holiday spirit!

Throughout the 2 hour program, they highlighted 12 all new original Christmas movies (see here!) + the “When Hope Calls” Christmas special. We even got to see a clip of Lori Loughlin with her adopted son, Cody, standing next to a Christmas tree. It warmed my Hearties heart to see her portray Abigail Stanton again; redemption, love and forgiveness is a beautiful thing, the very essence of the season!


In case you missed GAC Family’s Christmas Preview Show,
here are some encore presentations…
Sat. 10/23 at 2pmET/11amPT
Sun. 10/24 at 8pmET/5PT
Sun. 10/24 at 10pmET/7PT





As for Hallmark’s Christmas Preview, they promoted it as… “Join stars Tamera Mowry-Housley and Danica McKellar during the premiere of "Advice to Love By" for sneak peeks of all-new holiday movies.” Okay – the line “sneak peeks of holiday movies” stuck out to me, and I anticipated we might see somewhere between 6-10movies, maybe. Wrong. I mean I wasn’t expecting over 40, but half a dozen, at least, would have been nice. I recorded the program and looked for each segment during commercial breaks. There ended up being only 2 promotions – Danica shared a clip from her movie and Tamera did the same and they both said a little something quickly about how fun their movie was to make and so on…, but it seemed very rushed. And that was it. I was stunned. Remember that old Wendy’s commercial, “Where’s the beef?” I felt just like that. Anyway, suffice to say, if you didn’t catch this, you missed very little.

I would, however, highly recommend watching an encore showing of the GAC Family Christmas Special, if you didn’t see it the first go around. I loved the clips with Jill Wagner, Jen Lilley, Susie Abromeit, Trevor Donovan, Cindy Busby (from the set) and so much more!


**********************






GAC Family – Daily Movies:

You might have also noticed over the weekend that GAC Family will now be playing daily movies, mostly beginning at 8pm/7c. These are uplifting family films, such as: An Hour Behind, Home Sweet Home, The Office Mix Up, Autumn Stables and more! You’ll want to be sure and keep a close eye for any movie you might like to see.



**********************





Chesapeake Shores – (Warning: Spoilers!)

Season 5’s finale episode of Chesapeake Shores left us with more questions than answers! I can’t believe they ended the season like that! Mick and Megan’s relationship is still full of questions and up in the air – as they need to face issues from the past with her leaving Mick and the children; Connor’s health is in question - as he collapsed with a heart attack at the very end of the show; Abby is finally opening herself up to love again, but who did she choose to call – Jay or Evan? Kevin and Sarah will be okay, but they need time to heal after losing their baby; Bree and Luke are in a happier place, although things are still uncertain with him on parole; and Jess is still coming to terms with her Mother and her past abandonment; while David’s father is now on the run for possible embezzlement and in trouble with the law. Even with so many problems and life struggles – it was beautiful to watch the family members be there for one another in the trying times – carrying one another’s burdens and lifting each other up. Even with all the ups and downs – I enjoyed this season with the O’Brien family. With so many questions at the end of this season left unanswered, we definitely need a Season 6 to answer them all!



**********************






Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Vows We Have Made –

I’ll begin my review by saying… “Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Vows We Have Made” was pure perfection! The importance of spirituality, the feelings of uncertainty, the closeness of friends, like family, the flashbacks to previous “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” movies… all of these precious moments touched my heart – over and over again!

(Warning: Spoilers below!)


Each scene in “The Vows We Have Made” was incredible… I loved Shane’s mother and the way she was instrumental in figuring out the child’s drawing with the letter. Her scene with Oliver at the end was so powerful – in the way she asked him to be his mother, and then Shane asking her mother to help her with her wedding dress because the zipper could be tricky – it was all so touching! We knew the underlying meaning. She simply wanted her mother to be there with her - on this very special, momentous day.

Days before the wedding, however, it was obvious Oliver was dealing with troubling emotions. Oliver’s face had doubt written all over it; however, it was deeply moving to watch Shane erase all that away - by expressing to Oliver, repeatedly, that she would never leave him… and then they kissed and danced “the dance” in the DLO! It was so beautiful!

The wedding ceremony was beautiful, sacred, and spiritual! I was so blessed by the vows Shane and Oliver exchanged – repeating phrases from Ruth in the Bible – “Your people shall be my people and your God will be my God…” Once again, I was moved to tears!

In many ways it felt like they summed up this series with this movie – all of our POstables happily walking off together down the road with another mystery letter in hand, but I pray it is not the end. They could make these movies FOREVER (the simple word engraved on Shane’s new necklace), and honestly, I would still want more – as each story is so deeply moving in the way these character’s lives and these lost letters are interwoven together. If more “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” movies are made one day, that would be truly wonderful, but until then, we will just have to “trust the timing”!

Thank you to creator Martha Williamson and this amazing cast – Eric Mabius, Kristin Booth, Crystal Lowe, Geoff Gustafson, and Gregory Harrison - for this wonderful gift!



I would love to hear your thoughts, too! Please be sure to share in comments below.

Blessings! Net


27 comments:

  1. Was Shane's mother played by the same actress that played Lacey Chabert 's mother in Pride, Prejudice and Mistletoe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, Yes, she sure is! The actress is Sherry Miller and she was also Maggie Lawson's mother in the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries movie "Christmas Encore."

      My first remembrance of her is in a sweet little movie called "Rent-a-Kid." It is based around Thanksgiving day and her character and her husband are desperately wanting to have a family - so they adopt (or rent) these three children for a weekend. It is such a cute movie - filled with comedy & heartfelt moments, too. If you can find it somewhere, I highly recommend it!

      Delete
    2. Net, I know that Lacey Chabert, Candace Cameron Bure and Danica McKellar are mothers in real life, Is Sherry Miller a mother in real life?

      Delete
    3. Chris, I'm sorry, but I don't know if Sherry is a mother or not in real life. She was wonderful, however, as Shane's mother.

      Delete
    4. Imdb says "She divorced her husband and raised her three children alone" - Florence

      Delete
  2. A few of my thoughts on GAC's Great American Christmas...

    Overall, I enjoyed it, but I do wish it had been 90 minutes instead of 120. I think they could have left out some of the non-film parts (such as the tree trimming). But I get it, they were trying to replicate Home and Family. I just don't think this was the time or place for it.

    The clips of most of the movies whetted my appetite enough that I will watch them, but none of them made me go, "Oh wow, I can't wait for that one to premier!" Or maybe I'm just getting too picky...

    Finally, if someone is in need of a fun game, try counting how many times the super-enthusiastic Cameron either clapped his hands together once or put his clenched hand into his other. Just sayin'...! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark 25 - Thank you for sharing! I totally get what you mean. You simply wanted less decorating, etc... and more movie info! That's why I always record these things... so I can fast-forward through a little quicker.

      It's so fun to see these Christmas movie scenes, even if we don't quite understand their meanings. I though Jill & Nick were adorable decorating the snowman with the other couple looking out from the window, and Jen Lilley looked so pretty in her red dress. I can't wait to see her in a royal movie! Maybe you'll enjoy each scene even more in the actual Christmas movie.

      Delete
  3. Home Sweet Home was airing on GAC Family on GAC Family at 8pm ET/5pm PT on October 18, 2021

    Starring Natasha Bure & Ben Elliott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! GAC Family is playing a bunch of movies that have been popular in the streaming world. I really like the movie, "Home Sweet Home." Natasha Bure is wonderful in it. It also aired on the Christian channel TCT in July.

      It looks like GAC Family will have several first time premieres on TV coming up, including "Autumn Stables," with Kevin McGarry and Cindy Busby - on Friday! I've seen this movie through streaming and really enjoyed it, but I'm so happy to finally see it on TV!

      Delete
  4. I wrote about the POstables on another post, but I truly loved it from the bottom of my heart. I cried so many tears, I loved it so much.

    I am glad i didnt invest any time in CS this season. I saw the commercial for this past week and kept seeing Abby and Bree saying who did you call, and told my husband likely they would leave as a cliffhanger and the fans wouldnt know for 2 years or so or whenever they get around to making another season. When they took 2 years to make this season happen, i was like why even bother anymore. This network only ever cared about WCTH and all the other shows were cast aside. So I am glad I didnt watch this season.

    I knew it was a ploy to get the ratings up on Advice to love By, cause as much as they try, that movie was going to tank in the ratings. it looked awful, it wasn't fall and it is not hallmark demographics. So to only have 2 movie previews for a total of a few mins doesn't surprise me at all.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, Yeah, the Chesapeake Shores finale was rather frustrating with all the puzzle pieces left scattered about. If they don't make a Season 6, then this season will be a terrible way to leave the series, in my opinion. Other than Trace’s exit, I really enjoyed most of the stories this season, after all, which surprised me.

      SPOILERS ahead!!!

      While it was very sad that Sarah lost her baby early in her pregnancy, I thought it was good in the way she and Kevin both seriously grieved for this little life that they lost. I thought that was a powerful message. Kevin’s parents also shared in their sadness and spoke of a child they also lost many years ago.

      As for Abby's relationships... well, they can seem a little high school-ish, at times, especially the way she and Bree discuss each guy. And, the funniest thing - I mean, I was actually laughing out loud - Jay (the teacher) actually told Abby he was kind of interested in another teacher or something at the school and she was interested in him, too, but if Abby was interested in him, he would like to pursue that. I think I yelled back at the TV... What??? Are you serious??? I can't imagine any worse way to ask someone out and she, of course, was still trying to decide between them. Oh, the drama! It was worth a good laugh.

      There were other family moments that were heartwarming, though. I just love the way they are always there for one another, so fiercely bonded and connected.

      But, nothing, absolutely nothing, I agree, tops the emotion and feel of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." It can never be beaten - unless Martha Williamson creates another series. Glad you loved it, too! :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the Christmas special on GACfamilyTV. And, I was watching Hallmark simultaneously expecting the same thing you were, as were other bloggers (I'm not a blogger, but I do provide review content to a faith-based lifestyle blog). We were all disappointed in the way the wording was misleading as to how many movies they were going to showcase.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, Glad to hear you all felt the same way. It was disappointing to make us think there would be more and it was just those two. I kind of wondered how they were going to fit it in with only 2 extra minutes added to the show, but I thought they might just cut out some of the other commercials. Anyway, it was very odd, I agree!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed watching the GAC preview show and seeing something about all 12 movies. It maybe was a bit too long, but I get why they did it. CS was definitely frustrating, the have to have a season 6! I haven't watched SSD yet, but hope to in the next couple of days. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, Oh, I sure hope you enjoy the latest SSD movie - be sure to let us know! :)

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed the GAC preview! I missed all of Hallmark's! I thought it was it's own show, but it wasn't?

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, You didn't miss a thing on Hallmark! I promise. It was just 2 clips of You, Me & Christmas Trees AND Santa Stakeout - that are probably on YouTube now. That's it! It was a HUGE disappointment.

      Delete
  8. Really puzzling why Hallmark didn't have a real Christmas movie preview this year and their schedule is still not complete thru November 7th? Certainly is odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I totally agree! It's so unusual to have so little information on the Christmas movies. I remember when many of them used to be announced at the Summer TCA event. We are certainly far from that now.

      Delete
    2. More than odd, Kathy.

      I personally think there's something serious going behind the scenes at Hallmark - they're bound to more or less know by now what they're airing.

      I'm just so sad and disappointed - can't believe that the Christmas movies begin tomoorow and there's still only four revealed for Movies & Mysteries.

      I usually have a big spread sheet made out with all the movies in chronological order so that we can plan our viewing in advance.

      We've still to get anything from ION and possibly BYUtv too - Florence

      Delete
  9. My comments pertain mostly to Chesapeake Shores. Although a huge Jesse Metcalfe fan, I didn't have much hope for CS after his departure, but I continued to watch, and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this season. While I do think there are too many storylines in just about 40 minutes, I was still intrigued by Ian and Abby, and all the other new couples, especially Megan and Mick. The ending leads me to believe there will be another season, but from what I understand, the ratings for this season were their lowest. HM cancelled Cedar Cove, while leaving a huge cliffhanger, which was a huge disappointment, so they could do this for CS as well. Moving on to Christmas, in my humble opinion, this year's movies look disappointing and I'm wondering how it works that most of the HM stars are in GAC movies, which look very enjoyable, and I think we won't have to worry about these not being family friendly. Thanks again, Net, and all everyone else. I so enjoy this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savvy Girl, Thank you for your sweet comment! I am so glad to have you here - contributing to this site. You are such a wonderful contributor to the Movie Reviews for Christmas last year and lots of movies this year, too - and I hope you'll be able to share again this Christmas!

      I've been wondering the same thing about Chesapeake Shores. Your comparison to Cedar Cove is spot on. I really wonder what they plan to do, but we probably won't know anything until next year after Christmas.

      Thank you for also sharing your thoughts regarding Christmas... I've been feeling the same way. I do wonder how things will go. I'm planning to watch every GAC Family movie, but I'll most likely skip several from Hallmark, unless some are given great reviews. We'll see. This should be an interesting season.

      Delete
    2. Cedar Cove finished me with watching Hallmark "soaps".

      I can understand programmes being pulled because of low ratings but I felt I was cheated when they left a lot of strings untied and they could have made a one-off "movie" to finish it.

      After that I just refused to invest my time in getting involved with any of these and I don't regret it - Florence

      Delete
  10. So, now that it is over, was this season of Chesapeake Shores family-friendly? I’ve been waiting until the entire season was through before watching any of it. Didn’t want to get into it and be disturbed or disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This season of Chesapeake Shores was family friendly. There was some casual drinking, like there has been in previous seasons at The Bridge, etc... Other than that, I don't recall any issues.

      Delete
  11. Jim, I love your message here. You are so right, the SSD movies and this movie in particular are some of the best out there. I just love how they bring up things from the past movies, storylines, they dont just think the viewers wont remember something or think we dont know they made something up. I always loved that they would talk about things from the shows to the movies 6 years later. I love how the stories weave together. I love that they took the time to build a love story that i know will stand the test of time.

    I too loved when Shane told Oliver over and over "I will never leave you". And those were not just words, she tried to leave the DLO and Oliver twice and she kept coming back cause i think she knew there was something bigger there for her. I always loved when she was looking in the window at Holly and Oliver in From Paris with Love and she was begging Oliver "Don't kiss her". Even back then, she knew Oliver was something special. I loved their vows, how they did them. I loved Shane's relationship with Joe, how he was always in her corner for oliver. This movie was easily the best Hallmark movie in a few years. I watched it over many times already.

    Thank you Jim for such an uplifting message.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jim, I loved your review! Think about all of us watching SSD and bawling like babies at the same time! The Holy Spirit places within us a tender, loving heart. When we are so touched by a movie, I am sure God is smiling. Feeling His presence is beyond explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net