Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, December 3, 2020

πŸŽ„20 GIFTS & SPECIAL THINGS for CHRISTMAS 2020!πŸŽ„ #ChristmasGifts #GiftIdeas #2020Christmas SEE HERE:

A lot has changed this year in 2020, and Christmas is unfortunately one of them. Sadly, many have had to deal with sickness and loss this year - and please know, my heart continually goes out to each of them. I completely understand that loss and how it becomes even deeper now during the holiday season.

On a lighter note, even though our local Christmas parade has been cancelled and Santa won't be in our town square this year, we will still find ways to bring peace to others and spread Christmas cheer!

Here's a list of 20 things below you may need to make this Christmas extra merry & bright!



*Please Note: I am an affilate with Amazon, Walmart, DaySpring and Macy's. When you click on my links or pictures below and make a purchase this may result in this site earning a commission. Thank you! 


1. Christmas Cards

Sending a Christmas card this year may be even more meaningful, especially if you are not able to be with your dearest family and friends this Christmas season. For those who are staying close to home receiving your card may be a very special gift. 


King of Kings - 6 Premium Christmas Boxed Ornament Cards, KJV






2. Christmas Lights

If you can't go and visit loved ones or neighbors, at least you can light up your home and make it festive for those who drive by or live close. I just love when we all get in the SUV and take a drive around town looking at the beautiful lights - all lit up to celebrate the joy of Christmas! Did you know Walmart even offers Christmas Lights Installation - 1 story home? To see details - click here










3. Christmas Gift Bags

If you plan to leave a gift on someone's porch - a beautiful Christmas gift bag makes a nice presentaion and an easy way to tuck in some sweet goodies! 



Peanuts Christmas - For Unto You Is Born This Day - Large Christmas Gift Bag

The Shepherd On The Search - Extra Large Christmas Gift Bag







4. Christmas Print Face Mask

Whether you wear a mask to protect yourself or out of respect for others, it's nice to have cute face masks. During the Christmas season, you can share your love for the Holidays with a festive Christmas print mask. 







5. Santa Suit

Let's face it, taking a picture with Santa behind plexiglass isn't really the nostalgic Christmas picture we envision. I imagine most parents will still want that traditional picture and experience for their children. So what's the next best option? It's having someone in your immediate family dress up as Santa. Of course, in order to do that, you'll need to get your own Santa Suit! There are some great options at both Amazon and Walmart. 








6. Christmas Pajamas

For those who are working from home this Christmas, being comfortable is always nice. Plus, even if you can't be with all of your loved ones on Christmas day- you can still all wear the same Christmas jammies, take pictures and share with one another. Here's some fun family matching Christmas Pajamas... 








7. Give to others

This has been a tough year in a lot of ways for families and finances may be low this year. Giving to a local Toy Drive, fullfilling a wish from an Angel tree, or partcipating in Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child which fills shoeboxes with gifts for children - are many ways you can give back. You can even fill a virtual shoebox with toys, gifts and essential needs online - here! As the scripture tells us... "It is more blessed to give, than receive." ~ Acts 20:35





8. Christmas DVDs

While spending more time at home, this is the perfect time to enjoy some of your favorite Christmas classics on DVD, like It's a Wonderful Life (which is now available in an awesome enhanced version in a collector steel book) and A Charlie Brown Christmas (which isn't playing as much as it used to on TV during the holday season.)





9. Baking Goods & Supplies

This is the perfect Christmas to try that recipe you've been wanting to fix, you know the one your Grandmother, Mother or Aunt So & So made each Christmas when you were a child. Delivering Christmas cookies, yule log, pies and other goodies to family and friends - would be such a yummy treat.








10. Disposable Christmas Party Plates

To protect ourselves and others from spreading germs, disposbale dinner wear is the way to go and they make such beautiful options these days. Here's a sampling... 


There's nothing quite like sipping Hot Apple Cider, Hot Chocolate, or Egg Nog while sitting next to the Christmas tree. Tis the taste of Christmas! Our family also enjoys Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice (which is NON-alcoholic and perfect for all ages) on New Years Eve! 






12. Christmas Craft or Project

If you have more time on your hands this Christmas, due to many holiday activities being cancelled, this is the perfect year to try a Christmas craft or create a gingerbread house. Both Amazon & Walmart have lots of fun Christmas Craft ideas for all ages!







13. Board Games

With everyone at home more, this is the perfect time to gather everyone around for some family fun. You can play Christmas themed games or good old traditional board games like Monopoly and Clue.








14. Christmas Books

Whether you are reading the Bible, a devotional, novel, or children's book, there's nothing like reading next to the Christmas tree or fire place during the Holidays. And if you'd like something new to read this Christmas, you'll find many wonderful options at Amazon and Walmart.









15. Christmas Candy

Nothing else tastes quite like Christmas than a Candy Cane, M&M's or Hershey Kisses Chocolates!









16. Christmas decor

What a perfect time it is to add extra Christmas decor to your home - inside and out!








17. Christmas apparel

Even if you have to hide your beautiful smile behind a mask, you can still spread Christmas spirit by wearing a fun, festive Christmas Sweater!
















18. White Elephant Gift

If you're able to have a family get together, an office party or any sort of gathering that recquires a gift for anyone under a certain amount, here are some good options... 

 









19. Camera and Digital Card for Camera / Video Camera

You'll want to cherish and remember each precious moment this Christmas season with those you are able to be with. Both Amazon and Walmart have some great camera deals you'll want to check out!






20. Christmas Gifts

Whether you are giving your gift in person, sending it via the mail, or leaving it on their doorstep, you'll still want to find special gifts for your loved ones. 


Hopefully you found something fun here to mark off your Christmas list! I'm always searching for unique gifts for my loved ones, so if you have any suggestions or special gifts you've done before or something special you're doing this year, I would love to hear any ideas in comments below.

Merry Christmas to You All! 

God Bless Us, Everyone! Net


25 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the book above, "The Christmas Table" by Donna VanLiere. Such a sweet Christmas story and a very inspirational story of faith and the power of prayer. Two different families decades apart share love, the warmth of holidays as well as recipes when the second family buys the first family's dining table. It heals them and brings them together in a time when they need it the most. I just loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed this new book. Donna VanLiere is such a wonderful Christian writer - I've enjoyed her previous stories, including The Christmas Secret, that inspired the movie. All of her stories are so beautiful - hope they make this one a Christmas movie too!

      Delete
  2. I was worried about Christmas this year as it is my favorite Holiday. A family member just had heart surgery so they and their spouse is in quarantine for three months. No family, no children or their grand children allowed in their home, doctor’s orders. We have no family Christmas party this year and I am a bachelor during mid life crisis and covid 19, missing family this year, so what do I do to recover from a total yucky thanksgiving? I cozy up to some Hallmark Lacey chabert and Danica mckellar christmas movies. Also some traditional holiday movies like home alone 1 and 2, miracle on 34th street 1994, elf, while you were sleeping, etc... and some Christmas music by earphones on MP3 player, and Christmas tree filled with Star Wars hallmark figurines. And lights around my desk in front of my tv. I drink a cup of stephen’s raspberry hot chocolate and go to this web site to read about safe hallmark movies to watch, thanks for that, and call family and friends on the phone with a Christmas bell and give out a very merry ho, ho ho Santa loved you message and to stay safe and keep warm. I get lonely this year, no one to see in person really, so the best thing I can do is read scripture and pray every night for those who are suffering and wish them happiness and healing and love from Jesus. I have done this non stop since March 25TH 2020. Still going strong... getting closer to God and here’s wishing to the whole world... peace, love and choicest blessings. Stay safe everyone, physically, spiritually and mentally. The scriptures is a good way to do it. My favorite scripture this year as I read it several times along with the New Testament, Luke chapter two when hope came to our world. The birth of Jesus, the real reason for this season. And now I am half way finished with genesis in the Old Testament. I plan to finish it next year. Love to all, happy holidays 2020 and a blessed new year 2021 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, What a heartfelt comment. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so glad YOU are a part of this It's a Wonderful Movie family - you are always welcome to visit and chat along with us! The door is always open.

      I think throughout 2020 we've all gained a new perspective on life and what is important. I value the times I'm able to be with family, although gatherings are not as often as they used to be and we do our best to be most careful.

      I'm so glad you have your faith, Jason, to lean on during all of this; I personally cannot imagine what life would be like without knowing our Savior and the ultimate hope we have in Him.

      Merry Christmas! Stay strong... God Bless You!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like we are in the same boat Jason. I have a very similar story. I am also reaching out to God so much more. Sounds like you are much stronger than I am though. Great message you sent.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for sharing, Jason. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year, and this will be the first time in my 35 years of life that I will not be spending Christmas with my parents and five siblings, as they are all many states away and I decided traveling was not wise this year.

      I have been keenly feeling the loss of time with family and our traditional Christmas, and your comment was a great reminder to me that I'm never truly alone because Jesus is always with me and that one of the best ways to stop feeling sorry for myself is to get my focus off myself and pray for others who are hurting or struggling far more than I am.

      Delete
    4. You are stronger than you think, Jim. Just by mentioning your willingness to reach out to God shows it. My friend had another friend on the phone the other day. His wife left him, took the children and he is going through a rough time. He was questioning his faith and asking why a lot. Since I don’t know him or his circumstance I did not say anything. But I prayed for him last night, and here is one for you Jim. It’s a different kind of prayer, it’s a message of peace. God so loved the world that he gave his own begotten son Jesus Christ to free us all from sin. How could we not be thankful? Whatever you are going through, we are all in it together. So here’s to you Jim, and a cup of raspberry stephens hot chocolate. This pandemic has put a lot of fear into me, I used to read social media everyday panicked. When I went to the store and seen a lot of shelves empty and watching young mother cry as they had nothing to give to their children. People were tired, stressed out and I wanted to get out of that store. I paid for what little I took so others could have some too. People smiled at me, even though under duress of stress, they smiled. That was a bad/good day. Good, because somebody tried to make my worry seem softer. I hope to never see that again. That was awful. Then it happened, religions combined started fasting for our world and I did too. I started reading scriptures every day and stopped reading social media on corona virus, and HOU know what? That is my secret, I gave my time to God instead of fear. Merry Christmas, happy New Years, and here is to a better 2021.

      Thank you net, for your kind words. I appreciate it very much. I hope I wasn’t too much on the message above to Jim, and to you all. And you net, merry Christmas.

      One more thing, last year for Christmas, I got to be Santa for my whole family and their little children, it touched my heart and I will always hold onto that memory. I felt their love for Santa and uncle Jason, some even knew it was me. They said I am the best Santa they had ever seen, That comment was special, not because of me being Santa, it was even though I already knew it, I felt loved. Everyone is loved, not just by family and friends alone, never alone... but God loves all unconditionally.

      Delete
    5. I can vouch for Jason's comments. I thank Jason for introducing me to It's a Wonderful Movie. It saddens me that Hallmark is introducing non-family-friendly movies; therefore, thank you, Net, for providing this service! I have quite a few favorite Hallmark Christmas movies, but the ones I'll mention are A Christmas Love Story, Christmas Town, Christmas Under the Stars, Let It Snow, and A Veteran's Christmas (watching now).

      Delete
    6. Welcome, Doug! I'm so glad Jason invited you! I know a lot of visitors share with family and friends, and I'm so grateful! It's nice you share our values here. Please feel free to share a review any time.

      Your list of favorites includes many that are on my list, too, especially "A Veteran's Christmas." In fact, I watched it last night, too!

      Thank you so much for commenting! Merry Christmas to you! :)

      Delete
    7. Jason, that is such a sweet memory about playing Santa. It's wonderful to have those moments to look back on - and perhaps, hopefully, something to look forward to next year! I'm sure your family will miss you playing Santa this Christmas as much as you do; it sounds like it was such a special time.

      Also, I thought your prayer was very touching. I believe as you do - giving thanks through prayer has the power to turn our anxiety into peace and sadness into joy!

      God bless you and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
    8. Hey net, I notice from time to time, non hallmark movies pop up on here, so here are some really good family movies I am fond of, and they are well done.

      1- Dreamer Kurt Russell Dakota fanning Elizabeth shue
      2- life and times of grizzly Adam’s once upon a starry night (great Christmas movie and ends with grizzly Adam’s telling of Jesus birth.) Dan haggerty and Denver Pyle
      3- Savannah Smiles (a runaway girl from neglect ends up in two criminals car and she touches their heart and they become changed men and want nothing more but to get her safely back to her parents, but her dad is a messed up politician who cares only about himself and his image.) stars brigette Anderson, Mark Miller, Donovan Scott and pat Morita.

      Just to name a few, and thank you for your nice comments... hey, welcome Doug.

      Delete
  3. My favorite top ten hallmark Christmas movies are...
    1. Most wonderful time of the year, starring Henry winkler, Brooke burns and warren Christie.
    2. Sweetest Christmas starring Lacey Chabert
    3. A royal Christmas, with Lacey chabert and Jayne Seymour
    4. Dashing through the snow
    5. A December bride
    6. My Christmas dream starring Danica mckellar
    7. Operation Christmas
    8. Finding, engaging and marrying Father Christmas trilogy
    9. Coming home for Christmas Danica mckellar
    10. A bride for Christmas starring Arielle kebbel and crown for Christmas Danica mckellar

    Just to name a few.., and dean cain in broadcasting Christmas if fun too.
    A wish for Christmas and Christmas melody with Lacey chabert is good too, and Christmas in Rome. Just to name a few more... merry Christmas 2020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, I love many of your favorite Christmas movies, too... especially "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "Dashing through the Snow!" I think "Dashing" gets overlooked a lot on most favorite lists, and that's too bad because it is truly excellent - a more original story.

      Do you have any favorite movie with Candace? I think Moonlight & Mistletoe (minus Tom Arnold) will always be my favorite.

      Delete
    2. My favorite two of hers is Journey Back to Christmas, and Let it Snow. Christmas under wraps is good too but I like the other two better. My friend told me that a Danica mckellar movie, Christmas she wrote is one to avoid. I am saddened by this, I like her movies and Lacey, please, time for us to come home for Christmas, please don’t be one of those. Good to heat Christmas waltz is good. Who is the girl in dashing through the snow, she is very likable. I want to see more of her in hallmark movies.

      Delete
    3. Jason, The lead actress in "Dashing Through the Snow" is Meghan Ory, of "Chesapeake Shores."

      I have pics & info on the movie - here. It first premiered in 2015.

      Delete
  4. Another thing we have in common Jason. As Net knows, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is my favorite Hallmark movie also..."Let it Snow" is a close second for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Operation Christmas, give that a try, tell me what you think.

      Delete
  5. Question for net, you mentioned somewhere that time for us to come home for Christmas is a third installment in the series featuring Lacey chabert. Could you tell me the other two movies so I might be able to catch up on the other two, and who are the stars in them? I don’t think it’s Lacey, I follow her movies faithfully unless I somehow missed something through the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, That's correct, Lacey did not star in the first two.

      Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas
      (Josh Henderson, Megan Park)
      - Premiered in 2018

      See pics & details - here!


      Time for You to Come Home for Christmas
      (Alison Sweeney and Lucas Bryant)
      - premiered in 2019

      See pics & details - here!

      Hope this info helps! I won't give any thing away, but both of these previous movies are absolutely wonderful!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, do I have to watch the other two for this new one? And... I never seen or heard of moonlight and mistletoe, tell me about it. I don’t have hallmark channel since I don’t have cable or satellite, I stream movies from Vudu and movies anywhere, I have my own digital collection.

      Delete
    3. Jason, Actually, you don't have to watch the other two for the new one, they are all separate stories. But the first two are very good, so you may want to look into them.

      "Moonlight & Mistletoe" is Candace's first Hallmark Christmas movie.

      See details here:
      https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2009/09/moonlight-and-mistletoe.html

      Delete
  6. I began watching Christmas in Evergreen: Bells Are Ringing and it is not family friendly. A man mentions that his relationship with "Oliver" did not work out. It was clear the guy was not talking about a business relationship. He and Oliver were gay. I stopped watching and deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas Star on Winter Solstice

    Technically, the two largest planets in our solar system will still be hundreds of millions of miles apart. But Dec. 21, from our vantage point, they’ll look like they’re nearly touching, creating a radiant point of light that’s being dubbed the Christmas Star, or Star of Bethlehem, for obvious reasons.

    Gotta love the symbolism.
    “A little bit of cosmic perspective,” said Justin Mason, director of Old Dominion University’s Pretlow Planetarium.
    Not to mention spiritual — a page out of the Bible, telling of an unusual star that led the wise men to the baby Jesus.
    Astronomers have long theorized that the nativity star might have really been an alignment, known as a conjunction. Mason says a rare conjunction of Jupiter, Venus and a bright star named Regulus occurred around 2 B.C.

    On Dec. 21, Jupiter and Saturn will appear to be no more than a dime’s width apart in the night sky. The last time that could be seen was in 1226.

    CHRISTMAS STAR' WILL APPEAR ON DEC 21ST AS JUPITER AND SATURN ALIGN
    It's been almost 800 years since they appeared this visibly close to one another -- within 0.1 degree -- in the night sky.

    After sunset on the 2020 winter solstice, many eyes will be looking up to see a 'Christmas Star.'

    Both Jupiter and Saturn will get visibly closer to one another throughout December, with their closest alignment expected just after sunset on Monday, December 2st.

    On Dec. 21 – We’ll see something not seen in nearly 800 years – the “Christmas Star”

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net