Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Friday, May 15, 2020

πŸŽ„ Lifetime CHRISTMAS Movie News - 2020! πŸŽ„


image via: Lifetime / Hartbreak Films

If you're in the mood for some Holiday news, Lifetime recently released details on THREE upcoming Christmas movie projects.

Here are the details...


Excerpt from Lifetime Press Release:

Later this year, Lifetime will once again be the ultimate 24/7 destination for holidays beginning late October through Christmas for a star studded It's a Wonderful Lifetime slate. Providing over 100 original holiday movies for the past 20 years, Lifetime is the #1 holiday movie destination; with over 80.1 million Total Viewers3, reaching more viewers with its original holiday movie telecasts than any other network. During the holiday season, Lifetime ranked as a top 5 entertainment cable network with Women across total day and prime4, with more original movies than any other network in 2019.


  • National treasure Betty White joins the Lifetime holiday family for an untitled Christmas movie in which she helps whip would-be Santa's into shape, spreading the true meaning of Christmas and leading everyone to wonder: is she secretly be Mrs. Claus?
  • ❄❄❄
  • Kelly Rowland returns to executive produce and star in a sequel to her 2019 hit movie Merry Liddle Christmas, with Merry Liddle Christmas Wedding.
  • ❄❄❄
  • Melissa Joan Hart jumps on the sleigh to direct Feliz NaviDad (working title), reuniting her with Mario Lopez, who is set to executive produce and star as a single dad whose daughter tries to help him find the holiday spirit after the passing of his wife. The holiday movies are currently in various stages of production.


It certainly is fun to hear Christmas movie news once again! With all that is going on in the world, I certainly hope they are able to resume filming - soon!

Please note: At this point, we don't know, yet, which holiday movies will be family-friendly. If I learn there is something of concern, I will be sure to post details on it. In the meantime, I'm hopeful we will still see many wholesome Christmas movies in 2020!

Joyful Blessings! Net



18 comments:

  1. I really hate to be negative in the circumstances but this news can't get me excited.

    Although they improved as the Christmas season progressed last year Lifetime were a poor second to Hallmark.

    Sorry, but Merry Liddle Christmas wasn't a Movie on our re-watch list.

    Let's hope Hallmark has a few Christmas movies already completed for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your concern. In fact, I was actually hesitant in sharing this news that came out a few days ago. I don't know what to expect this year from Lifetime's Christmas movies. If any of these films are not family-friendly, I will be certain to share that news, and I'm hoping others who visit my site, will also feel free to share that news here, as many did last year.

      Hallmark does have a few movies filmed, but I know they have a lot more plans in the works. While I am typically drawn mostly to Hallmark's Christmas movies, Lifetime's "A Gift Wrapped Christmas" will forever be one of my favorites; therefore, I'm hopeful they'll continue to make more like that!

      Delete
  2. I am hoping Hallmark will announce Christmas in july soon. I don't see any reason they cant have Christmas on all 3 channels for the entire month of july. with them having so little movies filmed to show, and they couldn't even start on Chesapeake shores, then please give us Christmas 24/7 for all of july!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that idea, Sabrina! Bring on the Christmas!

      And, if they can't do it for a Full Month on ALL three networks, why not split it up between the 3, and make everyday Christmas on one of the Hallmark networks- every day in July! Plus, I love the 24/7 idea... that's one of the things I love best about Christmastime!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Betty White was in Lost Valentine & Annie’s Point - Hall of Fame. I’d like to see her more movies & even Christmas movies on Hallmark if she’ll portrayed Mrs. Claus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like, from the plot description, that Betty White will have a key starring role in this upcoming Lifetime Christmas movie. At first I thought, due to her age and all, it might just be a cameo role or smaller part, kind of like Marie Osmond in "The Road Home for Christmas," but it sounds like it will be (maybe) a bigger role than that.

      Delete
    2. I hope Betty White will portrayed as Grandma again or Mrs Claus on Hallmark in the future

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update and it will be wonderful to see Betty White in a Christmas movie. I agree she is a national treasure!

    I was not a fan of Merry Liddle Christmas but Lifetime had several new movies last year that I really enjoyed and will be happy to see again!! Five of their movies were especially wonderful and I would them if they become available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I agree... there were some movies I really enjoyed on Lifetime last year, too. Like you, I sure hope they decide to release more of their Christmas movies on DVD.

      Glad to hear you are looking forward to the new Betty White Christmas movie. Wouldn't it be cute if they could somehow incorporate "Golden" in to the title - as a tribute to the "Golden Girls?"

      Delete
  5. Merry liddle xmas was a cute movie I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lifetime's Mistletoe And Menorahs and Grounded For Christmas were two of my favourite Christmas Movies last year.

    Somehow though I find that more often than not I just don't feel a lot of chemistry between the leads in their offerings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean. I had the same vibe last year from several of the Lifetime Christmas movies. In the first few minutes you kind of know if a movie is going to be good or if it has potential based on the interaction of the lead couple, and a couple times it was kind of cringe-worthy. I'm not naming names or movies, but I have a feeling we would agree, because I also enjoyed the two movies you mentioned - "Mistletoe And Menorahs" and "Grounded For Christmas!" Those two were very sweet. Plus, I also liked "Sweet Mountain Christmas" and "A Very Vintage Christmas."

      Delete
    2. I think liked grounded for Christmas, Chrustmas al la mode, staging Christmas, but I think the best 2 were A Storybook Christmas and Christmas love letter. but so many others were really, really bad. I wanted so bad to like Random Acts of Christmas but it was just bad, and I couldn't even finish it. Always & Forever Christmas, I can never get back the time I spent watching that movie just hoping it would get better, it didn't. I kept thinking of Sharing Christmas on Hallmark, it was similar with a 24/7 Christmas store, but it was really really bad and dumb.

      Delete
    3. Love that, Sabrina... "I can never get back the time I spent watching that movie." You made me laugh out loud when I read that. I've been saying the very same thing a lot more often lately. I must admit, I felt the very same way about "Always & Forever Christmas." It just wasn't one that I liked either.

      Delete
  7. I've come across a Movie called Mistletoe Magic starring Stephen Huazar which was premiered on a channel called Super Channel Heart & Home (which I have never heard of) last Christmas.

    The trailer looks promising.

    I don't think many would have seen it so if Lifetime or Hallmark are short on Movies for the 2020 Christmas season perhaps this is one they could ship in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that movie looks cute! As you said, it premiered in 2019 on the Canadian station: Super Channel Heart & Home. (They also air "When Calls the Heart" and lots of Hallmark movies on that channel.)

      And... we have good news in the U.S. - the director, Andrew Cymek, shared on Twitter last year that we would see "Mistletoe Magic" here in America this year. He didn't say where, yet, but at least we know it's coming!!!

      By the way, "Mistletoe Magic" also stars Jessica Sipos, who plays Brendan Penny's wife on "Chesapeake Shores."

      And, of course, also starring in this movie (as you mentioned) is Stephen Huszar, who is also well known on Hallmark from the "Ruby Herring" movies, "A Homecoming for the Holidays," "Return to Christmas Creek", etc...

      I'm hoping their Christmas movie will end up on Hallmark, too, but we'll see!

      See the trailer here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SgIMMJbNDg

      Delete
  8. My family liked several 2019 Christmas movies from Lifetime. We loved "Christmas Reservations" with Melissa Joan Hart & Michael Gross. We also really enjoyed "Christmas Stars" with J. T. Hodges, "The Road Home for Christmas" with Marie Osmond, "A Christmas Winter Song", "Twinkle All the Way", "Mistletoe & Menorahs", "Sweet Mountain Christmas" and there were a couple of others that were pretty good as well. There were some stinkers but I think Hallmark has a few each year too. Excited for the new line-up!

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net