Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

My thoughts on the 2017 Christmas TV Schedule!




Here we are... days away from those wonderful Christmas Movies starting once again on our TV's! Hallmark kicks off the holiday season on Friday, October 27th! Can you feel the excitement? It's an annual tradition I know so many of us wait eagerly all year for! There is always a different feeling in the air- because it's a Magical, Miraculous Time of Year! It's a season of making memories and reliving memories from our own childhood. And, part of those special memories, are the wonderful Christmas movies we gather around the TV each year to see, old and new!

Each year, I also look forward to putting together and planning what will be included on the Christmas TV Schedule here on It's a Wonderful Movie! The first most important criteria is Family-Friendly! That's a must! With nearly or perhaps over 50 NEW CHRISTMAS TV MOVIES coming this year (we don't have the complete total from all the various networks, yet!) - I must inform you that I have not personally previewed each film, so I rely upon ratings, plot summaries, a network's previous reputation, and instinct. I'm sure that's how many of you also decide what to watch during the holidays with your families.

Hallmark continues to have a stellar, well-deserved reputation on the family-friendly front! Through the years we know we can trust them for family entertainment... from "The Christmas Card," "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year," "Mrs. Miracle," "North Pole," to "When Calls the Heart Christmas," and more!!! The Hallmark Channel is well-known for it's lighthearted whimsical, love story Christmas films, while Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Christmas films often evoke a bit more emotion and drama. With over 30 NEW Christmas Movies airing collectively on both channels... whichever one you choose, I'm certain just about any Hallmark holiday movie is sure to entertain your family, of all ages!

"When Calls the Heart Christmas"

The channel INSP is also well known for it's family fare, often receiving the approval of the Parents Research Council, for their daily wholesome programming! They, too, will be gifting us viewers a new Christmas movie this year, "Christmas on the Coast"! (*More details to come!!!*) With shows, like The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, INSP is a channel you can always be comfortable to welcome into your home!

The UP channel has also had many delightful Christmas movies, over the years, the family can enjoy together... such as: "Christmas for a Dollar," "Paper Angels," "A Christmas Tree Miracle," "The Rooftop Christmas Tree," "Falling for Christmas," and more! I look forward to sharing more of their movies, like these, this year!

And, when it comes to the Christmas TV movie viewing season, Lifetime usually comes around and surprises us viewers with some fun, very family-friendly movies, like, say... "A Gift Wrapped Christmas," "Becoming Santa," and "Last Chance for Christmas," from 2015! Let's hope there will be more gems like these- this year!

"A Gift Wrapped Christmas"

Freeform, formerly ABC family's "25 Days of Christmas" will typically air those beloved Christmas cartoon classics, we love, year after year after year... such as: "Twas the Night Before Christmas," "Little Drummer Boy," "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," and so on... but, I do want to caution you, their new movie "Angry Angel" does not look family friendly, whatsoever, and frankly, I have been disappointed with several of their new so-called holiday films recently. Please know, I will share the beloved cartoon classics and family Christmas movies airing on their station, but I will not be promoting any of their non-family-friendly films, past or present. Please visit my page *here* to see my take on "Angry Angel."'

ION network has announced 5 new Christmas movies for their channel this year. Past movies will also air as part of their "Very Merry" holiday season, including one of last year's favorites "A Cinderella Christmas!" I say... the more the merrier!!!

“Snowmance”

When most of us think of treasured Christmas movies, the first movies that come to mind might be... "It's a Wonderful Life," "White Christmas," "Miracle on 34th Street," "Home Alone," "The Santa Clause," etc... and I will, of course, be adding each of these movies to the schedule and other movies very similar to these! Plus, you will find cartoons, like: "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "Frosty the Snowman," and much more!!!

 "It's a Wonderful Life"

As time permits me, I will be adding to and updating the Christmas TV Schedule throughout the entire Christmas Season! I just love this time of year! As for the schedule, I really don't recommend printing it, because anything may change or be added, at any given moment. For the most part, Hallmark's new movies will probably remain the same, but titles or other small changes may still occur. Anything is possible! Recently "Baby's it's Cold Outside" changed to "Christmas Getaway" and "Mr. Christmas" was updated to "The Perfect Christmas Present," etc... Changes are always a possibility along the way. I have added some of Hallmark's daytime and nighttime Christmas movie schedule to the list, and I will do my best to update it if (and when!) there are changes, and there are bound to be changes!

So... please bookmark the Christmas TV Schedule page, add it to your Favorites, and be sure to check back for any additions and changes! Also, if you haven't already, you can sign up for e-mail alerts below this post, or near the top right, for all the latest news and reminders!!!

Thank you ALL for your continued support each year! This is the BIGGEST year, yet, for NEW Christmas TV Movies and I will be here all along the way - updating and posting reminders on which each new movie premiere is coming over the weekend or throughout the week!

God Bless Us, Everyone!!! Net

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you do! It's greatly appreciated! So many movies!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Misty! I appreciate all of your support & fun feedback! It's such a busy time of year for us all, so I hope this helps a bit - to have the Christmas movies all listed in one place.

      Thank you for always leaving such thoughtfully sweet comments!
      Blessings, Net :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad I found your website! I love Christmas movies and I am very thankful for your hard work keeping us informed! I am so ready for the movies to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Looking forward to watching the new movies this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Net,
    Just sitting here remembering when I first discovered your site years ago. I only had broadcast TV, and you helped me know when my old faves would be on.
    Tuen I upgraded to broadband internet and could use streaming sites and your reviews were so helpful.
    Now I have cable and can watch both Hallmark channels and still rely on your site to make sure I don't miss my favorites (a Season for Miracles, for example).

    Just a long way to say thanks for being part of my holiday tradition!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Net. You always find a way of touching my heart. Getting so excited now. I know you are like me in that you love the anticipation also. I love when it's real close but not here yet. It's close enough that you can already feel the magic yet it's fun knowing every part of it is still ahead. No part of it has completed yet. I know that may sound weird to some but I get such a kick out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We see the Lord's work through your wonderful site. He has gifted you beyond belief as we all see how advanced your blog has become. Your beautiful insight, talent and hard work shows in all you do. Thanks so much for bringing us joy throughout all the seasons especially Christmas!! Truly, one day you will hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant"!!......Peace, Net!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are THE BEST resource out there for family movie entertainment!!! I especially LOVE the Christmas Schedule you put together every year. I personally rely on this. THANK YOU Net for all you do!!!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for doing this Net! I love that you have everything set up here and makes for easy access so we know what is coming! I'm so excited for this years slate of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Christmas movies on Hallmark and others and enjoy getting your look at them. But I wish they'd wait till after Halloween for the 12 days or whatever of Christmas movies. I get bent out of shape at any store except a craft store that does Christmas before Halloween is over (to be honest, Thanksgiving would be OK -- but then I'd probably miss something so maybe not so good!). (Craft stores get a pass because people NEED to start early!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your site. And I love the way you're not afraid to stand up for your beliefs. Good for you!! It is a blessing to many of us! Your site is a great resource to me for family friendly viewing and all the Christmas movies (I especially love Hallmark). Thank you for all you do Net!!!

    I'm also excited to see that Hallmark's new streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now) is up and running today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel that Freeform lets me down during the Christmas season each year. I remember back, maybe when it was ABC Family or Fox Family, that they showed more from the catalog of Rankin and Bass which I absolutely love. They would show a lot of classic cartoons for the whole family to enjoy. I had my daughters watching the The First Christmas: The Story of the First Christmas Snow and they LOVED it. Also, classics like Pinocchio's Christmas. Freeform, in my opinion, just tries to be way too trendy.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net