Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Movie Reviews and More!

As I write, there are 20 Days until Christmas! To me, it is “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – and I do my very best to soak it all in.... all the sights and sounds... and Christmas Movies, too – old and new, and it is such a joy to share them with all of you!

Over the weekend, our family attended our local Christmas Parade and Christmas Tree Lighting in the Courthouse Square... it was all Memorable and Beautiful... a cherished event and time... and I hope you and your family will have special moments like this, too!

I had the opportunity to watch some of the new movies over the weekend, but nothing compared to watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” on Saturday night. It truly is the best Christmas Movie ever, in my opinion, and I get misty eyes every time I see George Bailey say – “I want to live again!” No other Christmas Movie could ever compare to this truly beautiful Christmas Classic.

I’ve enjoyed reading some of your responses about the New Movie Premieres....

As for “A Bride for Christmas”... most of you thought it was kind of dull, boring, and predictable. I thought it was an okay romantic comedy, but not a Hallmark favorite for me.

“A Star for Christmas” was liked by some, while others, including myself, thought it was terribly cheesy, immoral, unrealistic, and completely lacking. I highly suggest skipping this one!

“A Christmas Wedding Date” was one of those movies where the characters must re-live Christmas Eve over and over again, until they get it right. All in all, this romantic comedy was alright – just not very Christmassy!

I didn’t get a chance to see “Christmas Heart”, but I’ve heard from several people who said it was very inspirational. I plan to watch it over the weekend, when the Hallmark Channel re-airs it.

I saw bits and pieces of “A Fairly Odd Christmas”... and it did seem rather odd to me. Maybe some younger kids will like it; however, it just wasn’t for me.

As for “Finding Mrs. Claus”, I haven’t seen this one, yet. If you have, please let me know what you thought of it. I will caution you; though, some of these New Lifetime Movies are not for young children – so please check ratings!

I’ve also been busy updating the schedule with Christmas Movies, Cartoons, Music Specials, and more... ! Please, be sure to check the Christmas TV Schedule for your favorites!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you, wholeheartedly. It's THE best Christmas movie. I have to see it every December...in fact I already have. I'll be watching again since it was so early in the season. I mean I have the whole thing memorized. Hotdog!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that Christmas movies are the ultimate way of getting in touch with your inner child.

    Have done a Christmas movie list for those who find it interesting:)

    http://whaam.com/Bohm/linklists/1141

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these I know, and some I don't, but either way, my family LOVES Christmas movies. I'll be using the ol' DVR quite a bit, as daddy accidentally misplaced the box of Xmas movies when we moved earlier this year :(. I got the Hopper from DISH however, and with over 2,000 hours of storage space, I'll be able to DVR as many holiday classics as I can find. They're going to be doing 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family, and a DISH coworker also told me they would have a fair few on the big four networks. My Hopper's PrimeTime Anytime feature automatically records every primetime show from all four networks, so I'll be able to come home, have them stored neatly, and save them as long as the family wants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding Mrs Claus is a typical Lifetime Christmas movie. Don't bother watching it!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net