Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

πŸŽƒ PERFECT PICKS from the PATCH... πŸŽƒ PUMPKIN PIE WARS and MORE HALLMARK MOVIES - NEW on DVD for SEPTEMBER!!!


Pumpkin Pie Wars


HALLMARK DVD RELEASES
FOR SEPTEMBER INCLUDE:

September 11, 2018
At Home in Mitford



September 14, 2018
Hallmark Holiday DVD:
Winter’s Dream / The Perfect Catch / One Winter’s Weekend




September 18, 2018
The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler
(Hallmark Hall of Fame, re-release)



September 25, 2018
Pumpkin Pie Wars


There are many good movies to choose from this month on DVD, like the powerful real life story of Irena Sendler (Anna Paquin), a Polish social worker who saved nearly 2500 Jewish children from being deported to death camps during World War II by placing them with Polish families and in convents. See her impactful story in the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler. (this is a DVD re-release.)

For those of you who are familiar with the Mitford book series (like myself), I know we were a bit disappointed by the movie, At Home in Mitford, based (loosely) on the Jan Karon novels-πŸ“–. The stories and physical characteristics were so different in the movie, then what we readers had ever anticipated, or imagined, for Father Tim and Cynthia. In contrast, the responses I received from those who had never read the books, was more positive. To my knowledge, Hallmark only aired this movie one time on TV, and I'm wondering if that was due to the mixed feedback received afterwards. Because of my great love for the books, I must say this movie was a miss for me personally. Was this movie a hit, or miss, for you?

Also available this month on DVD, are THREE fantastic Hallmark movies in ONE DVD collection featuring sports... "Winter’s Dream," "The Perfect Catch," and "One Winter’s Weekend." Skiing🎿 is THE Winter sport featured in "Winter's Dream," with Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson, while baseball⚾ is a hit in "The Perfect Catch," with Andrew W. Walker and Nikki DeLoach; and in "One Winter's Weekend" you'll find Taylor Cole and Jack Turner snowboardingπŸ‚ and possibly falling... not only on the slopes, but for one another! All these movies are truly delightful Hallmark rom-com family-friendly movies!

Pumpkin Pie Wars... πŸŽƒ is another great Hallmark romantic comedy... it's a "Fall Harvest" story featuring Casey (Julie Gonzalo) and Sam (Eric Aragon), who are set to carry on their families' bakery rivalry as they compete in the local pumpkin pie contest. The only problem is... these two competitors just may be "FALL"ing in LOVE! This feel good film would make a wonderful addition to any DVD collection! A true delicious treat... Pumpkin Pie Wars is THE Perfect Pick!


For more Hallmark Movies
- please be sure to visit my list of...

A very special thank you to everyone who clicks on my links to order. I am truly grateful for your support.

Have a Wonderful, Blessed Day! Net

9 comments:

  1. I like both the book and the movie. We all imagine our own characters from the book. I enjoyed however the warmth that both Cameron and Andie brought to their roles. I liked both experiences. The movie is on Hallmark Movies Now app for anyone who wants to re-watch it. So is the rarely seen Love on the Air with Allison Sweeney (a really fun movie.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the books in the series and was excited to see a movie being done about them...but with that being said...the movie was such a disappointment to me...nothing like the books. I so wanted to see some of my favorite characters brought to life in a movie and they were not even included. Midford is a town of many colorful beloved characters and not to include them made the movie just ordinary and not as lovely as they are in the books.That might be why Hallmark only aired it once and debut it on a odd time and night...knowing the devoted fans of Midford were not please of how the books were portrayed and they would be right! Someone needs to make a movie out these books that actually portrays the true characters. I won't be buying this one...but I might have to snatch up Pumpkin Pie Wars...that was a cute one! Thanks Net for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, both, for your responses! It is interesting to see everyone's varied take on this movie.

      I'm with you, NK... "Pumpkin Pie Wars" is my pick, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Midford was a miss for me. I have never read the books but I didn't like Andie & Cameron together at all. Total miss match to me.

    I will be getting the new 3 movie addition....love all the movies on that dvd. Thanks for the update.

    Love the fact that someone mentioned Love On The Air is showing on HMN. I have that and have enjoyed that movie several times. One of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joyce, for your comment. The "Mitford" movie seemed to be one people either liked, or didn't like at all. I wanted to love it so much, but... like you, I just couldn't see the chemistry between Andie MacDowell & Cameron Mathison. And, oh my goodness, if you had read the books, it would have been nearly impossible to imagine Cameron as a middle-aged, slightly overweight, balding man... plus, there were many other main characteristics left out. I expected differences, of course, from book to movie, but this was pretty extreme. Anyway, the DVD is available for those who liked it.

      Hope you enjoy the DVD with the 3 films! I would really love to see Hallmark do more DVD collection sets like that! :)

      Delete
  3. I am excited for the trio movies! I didn't watch the Midford movie. I recall there was some audio book/radio series of the book? It was very well done.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the "At Home in Mitford" audio/radio version is absolutely fantastic! That's exactly how I was first introduced to the series, and I just fell in love with it from there. Jan Karon's books are truly wonderful.

      Glad to hear you are excited to get the DVD set with the 3 movies! I like that one too! :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved the Midford books by Jan Karon.
    I would love to see the books become a series --
    maybe like Signed sealed Delivered
    I actually cried when the series was over--
    now I imagine what will happen with all of the people and the future.

    I did watch the movie and I rather liked it. I have read many book series Hallmark has turned into shows
    Now for my thinking-- ALL of them are not like the books
    Cedar Cove, When calls the Heart and Chesapeake Shores went way off the message of the books.
    They are different but for some reason I still like the plots ans characters
    As a side bar I appreciate the way you keep us update us on the NEWS of Hallmark
    I get excited to see a new book or new movie
    Thank you so much


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice, for your response. I'm so happy to hear you enjoy your visits here and seeing which Hallmark movies are coming up next!

      Blessings, Net

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net