Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hallmark Publishing launches with Candace Cameron Bure's Christmas Movie!


Now You can READ Hallmark Movies, too!
There's even more to the story...

HALLMARK PUBLISHING,

A DIVISION OF CROWN MEDIA
FAMILY NETWORKS,

ANNOUNCES RELEASE DATES
FOR FIRST FOUR E-BOOKS
FOR HOLIDAY 2017


Press Release via Hallmark:

STUDIO CITY, CA – October 17, 2017 – Hallmark Publishing, a division of Crown Media Family Networks, announces the release of the division’s first four eBooks for Holiday 2017.

From author Leigh Duncan, Journey Back to Christmas, a novelization of Hallmark Channel’s highest-rated movie last year, releases today.

Christmas in Homestead, written by Kara Tate, releases October 24. The novel is an expansion of Hallmark Channel’s highly-rated 2016 holiday movie.


Love You Like Christmas, from author Keri F. Sweet, releases October 30.


From author Rhonda Merwarth, A Heavenly Christmas, a novelization of the Hallmark Hall of Fame original movie, releases November 7.

Hallmark Publishing is currently accepting author submissions for original manuscripts in the categories of wholesome romance and cozy mysteries with a focus on stories that celebrate relationships and life-affirming moments. A novel published by Hallmark Publishing may receive a greenlight to become a new original movie or series for Crown Media Family Networks’ three linear television services: Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries or Hallmark Drama, or original screenplays may be novelized to create expanded content for consumers who want more of the story.

“Novelizations of the most beloved Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original movies allows us to expand the story and lean into every viewer’s yearning question, ‘What happened after the kiss?’,” said Stacey Donovan, Editor, Hallmark Publishing.

“We are also tremendously excited about the sheer volume of original works coming in from authors that will have dual potential to be bestselling eBooks, and also become original content for any one of Crown Media Family Networks’ three linear services, or the new streaming service, Hallmark Movies Now. The opportunities are endless,” Donovan concluded.

*Press Release via: Pam Slay, Senior Vice President, Network Program Publicity & Social Content.


ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS

Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies, scripted series, annual specials, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show. Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,” featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a 24-hour cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas”. Hallmark Drama showcases the rich legacy of the Hallmark Hall of Fame library and with zero duplication, spotlights movies and series from Crown Media’s collection of original dramatic content. Crown Media Family Networks is also home to Hallmark Movies Now, the company’s SVOD service, which offers wholly distinct content from each network and is available on iOS, Android, Roku and Amazon Fire, among other devices. Crown Media Family Networks’ digital publishing extension, Hallmark Publishing, is an eBook division that creates novelizations of previously aired original movie favorites. It also accepts author submissions for original, on-brand manuscripts that can be greenlit as a new movie or series for one of the company’s three linear networks.



My *Quick* Take:

For all of us who love cozying up to Hallmark Movies... I just know we are going to love the addition of these books which gives a unique insight even deeper to the characters we first fell in love with - in these Hallmark Original Movies!

If you enjoyed Candace Cameron Bure's role as Hanna in "Journey Back to Christmas," be sure to check out the new e-book which expands on Hanna's love story that brings her mysteriously to the future!

This is just the beginning of a whole line of books based upon the Hallmark premiere movies we enjoy on a Saturday or Sunday night!

Choosing amongst the four movies launching with this new Hallmark service... Journey Back to Christmas, Christmas in Homestead, Love You Like Christmas, and A Heavenly Christmas... which of these stories would you be most interested in reading this Holiday season, perhaps by the warm fireplace on a cold winter's day?

I'm intrigued by them all, but "Love You Like Christmas" with Brennan Elliott and Bonnie Somerville - really tug at my heartstrings last year, and I would love to know more about Maddie and Kevin's story in Christmas Valley!

Please share your thoughts in comments below! Blessings on your day, Net

20 comments:

  1. this is awesome, I most definitely will be checking these out! I love what hallmark is doing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news, so these books will be what happens after the movies? Or are they just the book version of the movie?

    My favorite Hallmark movie is October Kiss, and I always wonder how Poppy and the Larson clan are doing after Poppy returned and Ryan went to go find her with his Knight and Tin Foil costume. I imagine them having such wonderful holidays together and also getting together with Poppy's nephews who were close to the same age and them just being happy.

    And are these stories something anyone can write? Because honestly all the people who love these Hallmark movies probably have the very best ideas of what happens next and I would love to read what my fellow Hallmark lovers think. This is super exciting, as many times I go back and listen thru Audible of my favorite Hallmark movies that were books BEFORE movies such as The Bridge, Trading Christmas and all the Chesapeake Shores Books. But this I will get to see how they continue falling in love after.

    Net, I fell in love with Love You Like Christmas during July and I am so looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabrina!!!

      Yes, they are book versions of the movie, so you get all their inner thoughts and feelings. Information on their past and basically what events shaped the characters into who they are. I just did an interview with Home/Family discussing the line and my book--Love You Like Christmas. this may answer your questions on what to expect: https://www.facebook.com/kerifsweet/posts/746243442225400

      I'm not sure on the novelizations in the future (I know my fingers are crossed that many more will be coming!!). I think we're in holding to see how well they go over, but anyone can submit an original story to be considered. there is more information here: http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/hallmark-publishing/write-for-us

      I hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. How sweet of you, Keri, to stop by and share this news! We are so grateful to have your insight into the new e-books!

      They all look wonderful and I, personally, just love the "Love You Like Christmas" story!

      Thank you so much, Keri!!!
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
    3. I'm happy I stumbled over the blog!!!

      Delete
    4. Oh Keri, thank you so much for this info. I downloaded the kindle app and will be checking your book out. It is wonderful to have this to continue sharing our love of the movies and your love as the author as well.

      Delete
    5. I just came across this thread (better late than never, right?) and I'm happy to tell you, Sabrina, that there WILL be a book version of October Kiss! I'm working on it now and it will be out later this year. I'm so excited to be working on this story--everyone who has seen it seems to have loved it (myself included!) I hope you'll keep watching for it to come out later this year and will pick up a copy! <3

      Delete
    6. Oh my goodness, Kristin!!! Thank you so much for sharing this exciting news!!! I'm absolutely so thrilled for you! Wow! You are creating a book version for the movie "October Kiss"! That's incredible! Amazing! We all just fell in love with Ashley Williams as the nanny, Poppy, who was uncertain where she belonged, until she met the Lawson family and became temporarily theirs! I can't wait to see where you take their story next! Thank you, again, for sharing this wonderful news with all of us!!! Happy writing!!! :)

      Many Blessings!!! Net

      Delete
    7. Kristen, this is great news, thank you so much for doing this and letting us know. Definitely one of my favorite Hallmark movies, I watch it a lot and my husband is always like "Poppy again?" and I am like "yes!!!!!!!". That was Hallmark's first October Fest, I also love Autumn Dreams and Harvest Moon. Thank you a million times for this info and I will be sure to get the book.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read "Love you like Christmas" as I couldn't get through the movie. I love Brennan Elliott, especially with Lacey Chabert, but am not a fan at all of Bonnie Somerville.
    I am curious as to how Hallmark will vet these books. I recently read a book by Marina Adara, who is the author of the Autumn in the Vineyard series, and it wasn't at all Hallmark (G-rated) friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallmark indicated the books will be like their movies.

      Misty

      Delete
    2. Hi Annon!!

      I can't answer all your questions, but I can confirm Love You Like Christmas is as sweet and g-rated as the movie. All the books coming from the Hallmark Publishing line are slated to be just as sweet as well. The director of the line has worked for Hallmark for many years and the books are working hard to really nail that adorable feeling we all cherish so much from the movies.

      Delete
  5. You can see the announcement about this on the Hallmark Channel's youtube channel! There will be books based on the movies, but in 2018, there will be books not based on the movies.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED Journey Back to Christmas!!! Candice was wonderful in the role. I can see that this would make an awesome holiday book!!!

    Thanks for the heads up about the new books!!!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Net, seems like Hallmark is exploding with all these great ideas and advancements and I'm loving it!! Who doesn't want to know more details after watching some of our movie favorites?? I, do, and would begin with "Journey Back to Christmas".

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, thanks for sharing and helping to spread that news!! As Maddie says, "get that buzz going!"

    you'll absolutely get to know more about Maddie and Kevin and who they are as a person. Even a bit more on Jo too!!! I'm excited and we're just a couple weeks until my book releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keri, for sharing news on your story with us! I just fell in love with Maddie & Kevin, and it will be such a treat to see where their story leads...

      Congrats on all your success with this book!

      Blessings! Net :)

      Delete
  9. I have already purchased the three e books --one loaded and two ready to become available.
    Hallmark has got me reading so many different authors as Woods and Macomber and Kingsbury and etc. Now I will get to read Hallmark books--maybe I might even try to write one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this idea, I happen to enjoy reading novelizations of movies. I picked up that habit as a kid and never looked back. If this is successful I hope they do some of their older films, like A Princess for Christmas or Crown for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net