Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Hallmark Announces New Movie: The Road Ahead




Hallmark has revealed via ET that has production has begun on a new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries film titled: The Road Ahead, starring Holly Robinson-Peete ("Morning Show Mystery") and Kaylee Bryant ("The Real O'Neals"). There were already some details revealed via social media and other sources, but since it's official now, I thought I would share.

ET gives this story synopsis: "The upcoming HM&M movie follows Madeline (Peete), a famous Hollywood actress, and Sarah (Bryant), a wilderness expert, who embark on a cross-country trip together. The road trip has a rocky start, but as the two get to know one another they soon discover some common ground and unexpectedly help each other face their past mistakes through support and unconditional love."

Basically, it's about the growing bond of female friendship, as this unlikely pair takes this journey together. I don't know Kaylee Bryant, so she's completely new to me, but I've enjoyed seeing Holly Robinson-Peete in a number of Hallmark movies, including Christmas in Evergreen, The Christmas Doctor, and Morning Show Mysteries.

I think the storyline for this movie could be an interesting scenario, depending on where their stories go. What do you think? Please share your thoughts in comments below.

Blessings, Net


image: Holly Robinson-Peete - Crown Media

14 comments:

  1. I don't know about this one...the "unconditional love" comment makes me wonder what kind of a relationship these two leads will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we sure we know where this is going?

    The description "unconditional love" makes me feel uneasy.

    Waiting to see exactly what this movie is about - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm gonna skip this one. Smells like a great place for more gay couples.

    Also, Aimee Teagarden signed a deal with Hallmark today. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if anyone over at Hallmark is weighing how many viewers are gained vs how many are lost in their effort to cater to less than 2% of the population. What ever happened to "Family Values"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there's some misunderstanding about the definition of unconditional love and friendship. It sounds like two women bonding as friends on a road trip, and their friendship helps each other deal with things in their personal lives, nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your favorite Holly Robinson Pete movies that you have seen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one seems like a fun one, HRP is one of my favorites, and the last Dramas have been really good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly's movies are some of my favorites, so I will be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I do not care to watch movies about "movie stars." That said, maybe if was about a mother/daughter bonding movie, I might be interested, but this sounds just strange, so I will stay away. The "unconditional love" is a huge red flat for me. I haven't watched a new HM movie since the Wedding Veils, and I was not at all impressed with those. I've been sticking with books! Thanks, Net, for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope this isn’t a duplicate. I didn’t get to hit publish before it took me back to regular screen. Hopefully this is like Gods unconditional love as he seeks the lost. Hopefully Holly hadn’t gone over to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope it is not a gay movie cause i can only tolerate the HMM channel. I dont watch the HM channel at all. But HMM they havent snuck the gay into yet. I love watching Monk in the Am's. I am just hoping this isnt the beginning of them pushing that on this channel.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first read the "unconditional love", I was a little skeptical but then I stopped and thought wait! After my divorce I was praying for someone to love and love me back, of course thinking of a man. A year or so later I realized that God brought a lady into my life who had become my Best Friend. She taught me to laugh again and I helped her find her way back to God...she was married and so it was nothing more than a very special "unconditional love" Best Friends relationship. So, after that said, I will give this a try. I like Holly so definitely will watch it before I discard it without giving it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don’t know if there has been a more recent post since the above that shares this disturbing news. On Monday, 6/20, I saw Holly on “The Talk”. One of the things they discussed was this movie. It sounded like the relationship between the two was more mentor/mentee. HOWEVER, she talked about what a great thing it was to be part of this movie with the other actress playing a queer who was struggling to come out!!!! She indicates how wonderful it is for Hallmark to be more inclusive. It was so hard to listen to as I don’t want this inappropriate lifestyle to continue to be part of Hallmark! It was also hard because I have always liked HRP (am sure I have forgotten about another immoral movie/TV show) not only as an actress but as a person. As a person with a physical disability, I appreciate her using her platform to bring awareness to autism and Parkinson’s. However, now she is using her job and platform to promote this inappropriate lifestyle! :(. I tried to summarize her feelings as well as I could, but I really think people should find the interview on “The Talk” website. I watch “The Talk” at times, and if they have something inappropriate, I fast-forward it. I knew HRP was going to be on it so was looking forward to it and never thought I would be exposed to that content with her! She and Hallmark knew exactly what they were doing as she had been a host of the show previously, so I think they thought they would reach a different group of people with this news who were just watching because they sometimes watch the show (remember when she was a host) or are HRP fans! All of this is so VERY DISTURBING and SAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you sharing this information with us. I wondered if that might be the direction of this story and the inner-struggle this character was dealing with.

      I'm so disappointed to hear this, but I'm grateful you took the time to share your heart and concern with us.

      Thank you so much for alerting us to this.

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net