Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Thursday, March 3, 2022

It's TIME for 2 Christmas Movies this week! ⏰πŸŽ„


The two Christmas movies airing this week on Hallmark received some mixed reviews from followers here. Check out details on these movies, plus the many wonderful reviews shared. If you aren't one of these reviewers, you can still share your thoughts on these films in comments below. We would all love to hear your take, too!


*********************


Christmas Thursdays...

March 3, 2022:





During the holidays, a woman with amnesia catches a ride with her handsome nurse to investigate the only clue to her identity: a newspaper clipping for a Christmas Festival with a cryptic invitation.

See an encore of
Thursday, March 3, 2022
at 7pm/6c. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries


Movie Reviews:

πŸŽ„"Time for them to come home for Christmas is family friendly and in my opinion one of the better movies so far. Glad to finally be able watch one all the way through." Sarah B

πŸŽ„"Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas" is a beautiful and emotional story with a great theme of family and forgiveness (and completely family-friendly). There's a fun cameo from 2019's "Time for You to Come Home for Christmas" too! I definitely recommend." ~Amy Lama

πŸŽ„"Happy to say that Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas is family friendly. Overall it was a good movie but not the best in this series in my opinion. Chemistry is good between the leads. Certainly worth watching more than once!" ~Joyce in Carolina

πŸŽ„"Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas--This has been the best movie all season on either channel, probably best all year and in past years. i adore Jessie Schram and she is just so good with Brendon Penny. A really wonderful, family friendly (and I was worried cause this was Blake Shelton who i have been on the fence about for a while now, but he did not disappoint). I loved the mystery thru the whole movie. Loved all the places they stopped, loved the hard to think of subjects in this movie, things that are hard for everyone to deal with and this was such a great movie. Loved the Allison Sweeney in the movie and a tidbit on her family from Time for You to come home." ~Sabrina

πŸŽ„"Time For Them To Come Home For Christmas" is family-friendly! I enjoyed it, even if it's not one I'll watch over and over. Grief and loss are dealt with, leading me more to sweet, quiet personal reflection than Christmas cheeriness. There's a surprising cameo--I won't ruin it." :-) ~Alicia

πŸŽ„"I watched Time For Them To Come Home For Christmas!! It is family friendly and amazing!!!! Jessy Schran and Brendan Penny were perfect together! Quite possibly my favorite one this year, not sure if anything else will top it, but hopefully I will be surprised :) Even though hallmark has sadly dissapointed several times this year, i am so thankful that I have found many this year that are sweet, fun Christmas movies!" -brother in Christ

πŸŽ„"Been going through my DVR this weekend and I want to say that Time For Them to Come Home for Christmas, Making Spirits Bright and Angel Falls Christmas are all family friendly and that old style feel-good we know and love." ~Anonymous

πŸŽ„"Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas is family friendly. (Review contains SPOILERS) Rebecca’s monogram is RB on her luggage. Her Brother in Law named Mark wants to come to Charleston Christmas Tree Trimming Lighting with his Family; Rebecca’s Sister; Annie & her Niece; Ava. Rebecca orders cherry pie & coffee at the cafe. She lost her memories since the car lost control in the middle of the night. She ends up at the Hospital & she doesn’t know her name & goes the name Jane as in Jane Doe. The dog is lost as Jane & Paul follow the dog its owner: Katherine, Jack, & Will. Alison Sweeney made a cameo as Katherine from Time for You to Come Home for Christmas is in the movie & Katherine married to Jack & bring 3 Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream. Katherine hands a gift box of Winter Cookies. Jane regains her memories that she’s Rebecca. The lady hands a gift bag of Journal with North Star. Mark calls out Rebecca when Rebecca regains her memories when Annie is her Sister. Rebecca & Annie could make up for now. Rebecca asks Paul to join her for Christmas party at her Sister’s place." ~Anonymous

πŸŽ„"I absolutely loved Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas. I watched because of everyone here saying it was family friendly and thanks so much for that! Jesse and Brennan had great chemistry, the storyline had complex family issues, and there is an absolutely lovely scene in a church with a choir. I did not care for last year's version with Lacey Chabert and Stephen Husar (spelling?) and I have yet to see the other two, but I will be on the look out for them now. Merry Christmas!" ~Savvy Girl

πŸŽ„"I also just couldn't get into last years Time for Us with Lacey and SH. I tried a few times but I just couldn't get into it. I saw the 1st 2 movies, the 1st was really good, not a re-watcher for me though. the 2nd one was very boring to me, love Ali Sweeney, but it was blah boring. But Time for Them, it had mystery, i was waiting and waiting to see when she would remember, and the little clues along the way, to me, weren't so over the top hit you in the face. I kind of figured she might have been a writer. But all the rest I was surprised and was so happy that Mark was not a love she was running from. This is just my opinion and not anything to be mean, but Jessy Schram was perfect in this role cause she is someone that can wear very little make-up and she is just so beautiful. and she is apparently not afraid to be filmed in less make-up, like many other actresses that go to bed in full on false eyelashes and lipstick and wake up with the make up perfect. It made it so much more real to me that Jessy looked so natural and like someone in the hospital and that was dealing with a trauma. So just an aside there that other movie makers and actors and actresses could learn from. Since we have so much inclusivity nowadays, maybe we could have some inclusivity of people who dont sleep in mascara, false lashes and their hair done. I loved the mystery and the different people along the way. Really would watch a follow up movie with Jessy/Brendan and his cousin his wife and family. And, I just the other day, realized that the message he listened to in the beginning, was his brother before he passed. it all of a sudden hit me the other day, and i had some tears in my eyes. I think I thought of it again cause the brothers voice on the vm was Peter Benson's (the director) voice. when I first watched I was like, is Peter Benson in the movie too? I didnt even realize til a few days ago he was his brother. Fantastic movie!!!!!!" ~Sabrina

πŸŽ„"Time For Them To Come Home for Christmas" was sweet" ~Namegirl

πŸŽ„"Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas Another great entry in this amazing movie series! While I prefer the 3rd movie better, this one wasn't bad. I'd give it a 7/10." -Maria

πŸŽ„"TIME FOR THEM TO COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS Family friendly. Trigger topic: grief/loss of loved one. I would say this is definitely my favorite "Time for ... to Come Home" sequel. Some tough scenes acted really well by Brendan Penny. Could really feel his grief and sadness. Love his chemistry with Jessy Schram. Alison Sweeney cameo was a nice surprise." ~CH Mom

πŸŽ„"Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas is a wonderful, family friendly Christmas mystery. There are some beautiful elements of faith in this movie, as well, which really touched my heart. When Jessy Schram’s character is on a mission to regain her memory, she meets a lovely woman at a B&B who reminds her to “Stay strong. Keep your chin up. God gives the strongest soldiers the toughest battles.” I loved that line – it is a very encouraging message of hope and strength. Throughout the movie, it was interesting to watch both Jane (Jessy Schram) and Paul (Brendan Penny) deal with their individual issues – Jane was struggling to regain her memories, while Paul was struggling with his own personal memories and past regret. When their car broke down and they weren’t sure where to turn, they heard lovely Christmas carols being sung by a choir in a church and they both, without saying a word, walked there together, sat down in a pew and listened to the words being sung… “Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices - Oh, night divine - Oh, night when Christ was born - Oh, night divine, oh, night, oh, night divine…” Just like the song says, the choir truly sounded like angels and I loved the message of falling on our knees in the time of uncertainty. This was such a beautiful film – filled with powerful emotion. It was a delightful surprise to see Alison Sweeney (from the second film in the series, “Time for You to Come Home for Christmas”) make a brief cameo appearance in this movie, as well, and I loved how they squeezed in a little update on her character. “Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas” is a definite keeper for me, I enjoyed watching Jessy Schram and Brendan Penny together, and I look forward to watching it time and time again!" ~Net



*********************


Christmas Fridays...

March 4, 2022:

 


Cat lovers Zachary and Marilee are thrown back together at Christmas when they're tasked with finding homes for a litter of adorable kittens.

See an encore of
Friday, February 11, 2022
at 8pm/7c. on the Hallmark Channel



Movie Reviews:

πŸŽ„"Watching 'The Nine Kittens of Christmas" and near the 40 minute mark a reference is made to a same sex marriage. So far nothing has been shown, but nonetheless I am very disappointed" ~Sarah B

πŸŽ„"The Nine Kittens of Christmas was totally family friendly but in my opinion it was nowhere near as good as the first one(The Nine Lives of Christmas-2014). Maybe worth one watch if you really like the first one, but not good enough for repeat watching." ~Anna

UPDATE: Thanks, I read the other review of the movie and I totally missed the reference Sarah B. mentioned. I thought character said Becket or something like that. I went back and watched the part again and it sounds like she actually said Becca. Sorry for not being more thorough." ~Anna

πŸŽ„"I noticed two different reviews for the Nine Kittens of Christmas...one saying family friendly and one mentioning a same sex relationship comment. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is in fact a quick same sex comment in the movie. The one firefighter says "Becca's wife". I probably would have missed it because it was so fast, except I was specifically looking for it." ~Karen

πŸŽ„"I agree with everybody else, the nine Kittens of Christmas was very disappointing. Like someone else on here said, for all we know they broke up the very next day lol we really like the first one too, we will probably just pretend this one doesn't exist" -brother in Christ



*********************



So... that's the two Christmas movie choices this week. Will you be watching one or both? I especially wanted to include the reviews for The Nine Kittens of Christmas to be sure you all were aware of the brief comment. Based on what I have heard, it is a very easy line to miss when watching the movie and that was the only mention.

I also wanted to say, I'm so thankful for all of your comments. Thank you! Thank you! While I watched Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas, I kept thinking of what Sabrina said about Jessy Schram being "someone that can wear very little make-up and she is just so beautiful." That is so true! She is a natural beauty and that went so well with her hospital scenes, especially. It made it seem much more authentic that she wasn't overly made up. That was an excellent point!


Hope you all enjoy watching a little Christmas this week.

Praying for the world...
the Peace of Christmas!

Blessings, Net



11 comments:

  1. The first time I watched Time For Them To Come Home, I loved it but failed to record it. Thanks to you Net, my DVR is on for this one.

    After talking with a friend yesterday, I realize many of us are spending a lot of time in prayer for people everywhere. There isn't enough love in this world. May God grant us his peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kitkat, Thank you for sharing! Good to hear you enjoyed this Christmas movie.

      Also, I know many of us here - are also praying hard for peace. When events like this happen, the world doesn't seem as big... we are all connected in some way. My heart goes out to the innocent victims and those leaving their homes with just some simple possessions in their luggage or plastic bag. I heard on the news that many in Poland and Romania are opening their homes to the refugees, which is such a giving thing to do.

      It makes me think of the scripture Hebrews 13:2...

      "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

      Delete
  2. Time for Them was 1 of a very few HMM Christmas movies that I enjoyed from last year. :) It's quite good. -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first watched it, I really enjoyed Nine Kittens, thought it was very cute. Then I found this site and heard of the quick reference comment (which I had zero idea was even in it). Very disappointing. :( -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope there’s another Tine for You to Come for Christmas franchise is Tine for Y’all to come home for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallmark movie 'Ghost of Christmas Always' filming in Hartford


    In a synopsis of the film provided by McCue, the film provides a new take on the classic, "A Christmas Carol." The film tells the story of Katherine Marley, a ghost who is "spending her afterlife working for the Department of Restoring Christmas Spirit as a Ghost of Christmas Present." Marley's job is to visit earth every Christmas to help a soul rekindle its love of Christmas. When she is assigned to help a man named Peter, Marley cannot figure out why his Christmas spirit needs help. What Marley does discover that she and Peter "just might be fated for each other."

    https://www.ctinsider.com/entertainment/article/Hallmark-movie-Ghost-of-Christmas-Always-hartford-16968847.php

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this article, too. While this is not an official press release from Hallmark, it appears to be a good source. Looks like this movie will be coming this Christmas to Hallmark.

      Not sure I'm overly crazy about this sort of "A Christmas Carol" theme with one of the ghosts falling in love with a human. Almost sounds like the first "Angels Falls" movie, only she was an angel and not a ghost.

      Delete
  6. Be interesting to hear what others make of A Bridesmaid In Love - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas

    Katherine married to Jack. Will & their dog

    I wonder if Katherine & Jack have children on their own beside Will

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard that Jessy Schram got married to her long-time boyfriend this past weekend. Congratulations, Jessy! (I absolutely adored her in Time for Them to Come Home for Christmas - definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies from 2021.)

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net