Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, February 19, 2018

INTERVIEW: Actress CINDY BUSBY of Hallmark's "Royal Hearts," "When Calls the Heart," "Unleashing Mr. Darcy," and More!



Today, here at "It's a Wonderful Movie," it's my delight to share with you all my interview with the lovely actress- Cindy Busby! We are discussing her upcoming Hallmark movie and the possibility of another one down the road... (stay tuned for news on that!) Through the years Cindy has starred in some of our favorite shows and TV movies, and I sure hope you'll enjoy this preview of her latest!

Cindy Busby image via: cindybusby.com publicity photos

A ray of sunshine is exactly how I would describe actress Cindy Busby... she illuminates our screens with her grace and beauty, as the likable dog lover, Lizzie, in "Unleashing Mr. Darcy," the charming, yet mischievous, Ashley Stanton from "Heartland," and now she's the rancher's pragmatic daughter in Hallmark Channel's "Royal Hearts," who has a brush with royalty that may change absolutely everything!

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

It was such a blessing, for me personally, to connect with Cindy and arrange our interview (below) to discuss her upcoming Hallmark movie. What a genuine, sweet person she is; I was instantly touched by her warm kindness and friendliness. In our chat we talk about her extensive work in family TV drama, such as the beloved Hallmark series "When Calls the Heart," the UP series "Date My Dad," as well as Cindy's days on the popular ranch Canadian television series "Heartland," and most certainly we discuss her Hallmark movie projects and what it was like to film Hallmark Channel's upcoming royalty-themed movie "Royal Hearts" overseas.

I hope you will enjoy our interview *chat* below...

---------------------------------

Interview

Actress Cindy Busby

---------------------------------


"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Welcome Cindy to ‘It’s a Wonderful Movie,’ where we chat about family friendly movies on TV! Congratulations on your role in the Hallmark Channel Original Movie “Royal Hearts!”

Cindy Busby: Thank you so much!

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: From the feedback I receive, viewers always enjoy watching you, Cindy, because you have such a natural, down to earth quality about you that is quite endearing. Please tell us about your character, Kelly Pavlic, in “Royal Hearts”. Is she anything like you?

Cindy Busby: I appreciate you saying that. I really enjoy when the audience can relate to the characters I play or the experiences they encounter. I play Kelly Pavlic, an English Literature Professor, who's left her life on the ranch with her father to pursue her dreams in the big city. Kelly and I are very similar, she follows her heart, which requires strength and tenacity, she's a dreamer, funny, and head strong. She's not afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes, even if it means doing so with her father Hank, who happens to also share the same traits. Haha! I love this character so much, it's an incredible privilege to play empowered women on television.

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: What was it like to film the movie “Royal Hearts” in Romania last summer, along with your cast members? I’m sure it was an incredible setting for this film.

Cindy Busby: Believe it or not, I had never been to Europe before, so everything about this movie from the moment I stepped off the plane, to seeing the city of Bucharest and Sinia (where we shot), to working with the incredible cast and crew was beyond magical. We shot a lot of the movie in real castles and prestigious homes, so every bit of intricacy is original, historic, and rich, which adds so much to the story. We got to shoot in the mountains of Romania and Transylvania and it was breathtaking.

The cast for this movie was primarily from England, Romania, and the States. The Brits, as I like to call them, (Andrew Cooper, Glynis Barber, Lachlan Nieboer, Martin Wimbush, Howard Crossley and Jeremy Colton) and I got along so well. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my entire life. I loved every moment I got to spend with them on and off screen and, of course, there's James Brolin, I mean, how do you begin to describe working with the legend himself?! He is as talented and funny as you can imagine. Not only does he play my father, but he also directed the movie. I learned from him every day and I'm very grateful for that experience. Needless to say, I'm so thankful for this movie. I know you'll all be blown away.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Oh... To have the opportunity to film this movie with such a grand background of castles and homes sounds spectacular. I remember when practicing for plays, there was always something so different about simply rehearsing lines and then that moment when you step out on stage. Everything changes then, and you instantly become "that character" in "that setting". It will be so intriguing to watch you portray Kelly Pavlic, the rancher's daughter, from the country to a castle! Viewers will certainly be taken by all the grandeur!

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Now that we know the setting, do you have a favorite scene or memorable filming moment in “Royal Hearts”?

Cindy Busby: The entire movie will be memorable. I can't give too much away, but the audience can look forward to me shooting a bow and arrow, horses, a dog, over 200 sheep on a rustic mountain road, a ballroom waltz, some exquisite castles, James Brolin at his finest, some cowboys, a charming King, a BBQ party, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Sounds fantastic... I love every detail! Cowboys. Castles. Such an intriguing combination!

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: I read in your biography that you have always had a love for the theater and performed in many school plays growing up! (By the way, I was always in Drama, too, and loved it!) Whether it be a starring role or small part, does any character still stick out for you, since then?

Cindy Busby: I feel very close to the all the characters I've played. They represent specific moments in my life on and off screen. The people I've met along the way have helped shape the person I am today. Getting to play the role of Ashley Stanton on "Heartland" was a monumental experience for me because I got to create a character over several years with so much depth and humanity, and the cast and crew became a second family to me. Getting to work with Steve Martin in "The Big Year" was a jaw dropping moment, as well as getting to act with my best friend Sarah Smyth in "Cedar Cove" and, of course, "Unleashing Mr. Darcy" was a life changing opportunity for me. It came into my life at the perfect time. Every character has given me, Cindy, wisdom throughout the years and I look forward to what's to come.

"Unleashing Mr. Darcy" - Hallmark Crown Media

"Heartland" - CBC

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Speaking of "Heartland," many viewers, myself included, were first introduced to you on the Canadian television series, “Heartland.” Please share what it was like to work on this incredible family series as your character, Ashley Stanton, who was a sweet teenage girl, sometimes, and the rich, (dare I say?) impetuous snooty girl, other times?

Cindy Busby: When you work on a series like that, you learn so much professionally and personally. I feel like a grew up on that show on and off screen through Ashley Stanton. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to be on such an iconic Canadian show that is now seen all over the world. I'm asked a lot if I miss 'Heartland' and I do, and playing Ashley because she was such a spitfire, but I think that the longevity of my character was perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes you just have to move onto the next chapter of you life. Take a leap, despite how scary it is, but the unknown is always worth it.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: That is so true. We grow in each phase of our lives as we change course. Thankfully, on "Heartland" as they all got a little older, Ashley transitioned, like a butterfly, into a quite likeable character, and eventually became everyone's friend. While she was certainly a dynamic character to portray, it's also wonderful to watch you take on the challenge of new roles.

"Unleashing Mr. Darcy" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: One of your most popular TV movies, to date, on the Hallmark Channel is your starring role as Elizabeth "Lizzie" Scott in “Unleashing Mr. Darcy”! Please share what it was like to film that movie, alongside actor Ryan Paevey! Fans want to know, is there any possibility of a sequel?

Cindy Busby: First of all, Ryan Paevey is as smart, funny, and friendly, as he is handsome, so it was such a pleasure working with him as well as becoming his friend. "Unleashing Mr Darcy"'s success was not a surprise to me, it was the perfect formula of romance, puppies, chemistry, drama, laughs, and fantasy, not to mention one of the greatest casts I've had the pleasure of working with. David Winning, the director, was an absolute delight from beginning to end and he made every moment of the process easy. A sequel has definitely been a topic of discussion, but I can't say much more than that.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Oh, yes, we've been hearing "buzz" about "talks" via social media. Hope everything works out and Hallmark can eventually announce "it's official"!


***************

*UPDATE - March, 2018: Hallmark has officially announced - "Marrying Mr. Darcy" starring Cindy Busby and Ryan Paevey is, indeed, in the works! It will be seen during Hallmark's "June Weddings" block of movies!

***************


Cindy Busby & Ryan Paevey at Hallmark's TCA event
via Hallmark Instagram

Cindy Busby on set of “Unleashing Mr. Darcy”
image via: Pinterest

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: The ball gown you wore in “Unleashing Mr. Darcy” was quite stunning, along with the bridal gown you wore in “Runaway Christmas Bride!” Do you also wear an evening dress, or any sophisticated royal type clothing in “Royal Hearts?” How fun is it to get all fixed up, and primped, like a princess in these movies?

Cindy Busby: Hahaha, it seems to be a prerequisite for me now doesn't it? When I was a kid I used to wrap blankets around my waist with a belt and walk around my house like I was a princess or at the Oscars. I dress casually in my day to day life, but I love dressing up for shows, especially when you have professionals beautifying you on set. You can expect to see multiple royal looks in "Royal Hearts". The dresses were handmade, and tailored to my body.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Oh, I love that story of when you were a little girl... how sweet! (I always loved playing dress-up, too!) And, now you have professionals helping you do it - how fun!

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: “Date My Dad,” starring Barry Watson, Matty Finochio, and Yourself… was such a popular weekly television series last year on UP! Fans were definitely smitten with the show, and so happy to see your character, Stephanie, and Barry’s character, Ricky, finally kiss in the first season finale episode! Any word, yet, on a Season 2?

Cindy Busby: Working on "Date My Dad" was one of the most entertaining things I've ever worked on. It was hard not to crack up during every take especially when working with Barry and Matty. They are just so talented and together we formed quite the trio. Despite the show's success and hilarious cast and crew, I still have no idea if there will be a second season, but what I can tell you is no matter what, I am so proud to have been a part of this life changing experience. It'll always have a special place in my heart.

"Date My Dad" - via UP-TV

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Also, in 2017, you had a special part as Marlise Bennett in the Hallmark Channel weekly series, “When Calls the Heart.” What was it like to step back in time, join this incredibly popular show and dress in the prairie-style clothing?

Cindy Busby: I feel like 2017 was a big bucket list check off year for me, haha. I'd always wanted to work on a period piece show, and there I was working on "When Calls the Heart". Marlise Bennett, really stirred things up in Hope Valley, and I love playing antagonist characters. From the moment you step on the set you can't help but feel like you've stepped out of a time machine. From the background actors dressed up, the church in the field, to the unpaved road, it just feels authentic. The cast and crew was very welcoming too. I would love to come back some time.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: Oh, I'm sure fans (Hearties) would love to welcome Marlise back to Hope Valley, especially since she had a change of heart and forgave her brother-n-law, Carson Shepherd (Paul Greene). That was an immensely important, meaningful moment in Season 4... the power of forgiveness and letting go of the past.

“When Calls the Heart” on set picture via @cindy_busby Twitter

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: A common theme for you, Cindy... you also portray a country girl in “Autumn Stables,” which you filmed last summer with actor Kevin McGarry (“Heartland,” “A Song for Christmas”)! Any word, yet, on where this movie will be seen?

Cindy Busby: "Autumn Stables" is about my character, Autumn Carlisle, who struggles to find a way to maintain and keep her ranch after the devastating sudden loss of her husband. It's a story of love, healing, and second chances. This is another movie you won't want to miss. A perfect family movie and one especially for all you horse lovers out there. I had never met Kevin McGarry before because he joined Heartland after I'd left, but we got along like to peas in a pod. He's hilarious and super talented. I'd work with him again in a heart beat. I'm not sure when the release will be, but you can be sure that I'll be posting any updates on my social media.

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: We'll look forward to hearing!

Autumn Stables - image via Marvista

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie: What does it mean to you, personally – to create movies that families can watch together?

Cindy Busby: I don't think I set out to make family friendly content, but my career trajectory so far has led me in that direction and I'm very grateful. I do love knowing that the material I work on entertains all demographics. A lot of my friends have kids now and when they send me a video of their children watching and enjoying 'Aunt Buzz' on television there's nothing more fulfilling. Movies and TV shows were such an integral part of my childhood and it's something I was able to share with my family. Affecting people through story is very important to me, and I'm happy to promote respect, love, lesson, and triumphs to all ages.

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Net, It's a Wonderful Movie:  What do you hope viewers will take away from watching your Hallmark Channel movie “Royal Hearts”?

Cindy Busby: This modern fairy tale and father/daughter story will bring people together. It will make the audience dream, laugh, cry, cringe, and be carried away on a magical adventure. "Royal Hearts" is truly a Hallmark masterpiece! Enjoy :)

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Thank you, Cindy, for this terrific interview; it was wonderful to have this opportunity to talk with you about your Hallmark movie, "Royal Hearts." I truly appreciate your time and graciousness. Your warmth, and positive, joyful personality radiates through each project you do! Blessings to you... in all your future acting endeavors!

Cindy Busby image via: cindybusby.com publicity photos

Also, thank you to everyone who visits here and reads our interview. I'm sure many of us viewers will look forward to this new Hallmark movie and, hopefully, many more films to come with Cindy Busby!

"Royal Hearts" - Hallmark Crown Media

Be sure to watch the premiere of "Royal Hearts" February 24, 2018 – Saturday at 9pm/8c. on the Hallmark Channel. From the ranch... to the mountains of Romania... this is one adventure you don't want to miss! 

Blessings to you all, Net


"Royal Hearts" is available to order on DVD -
in a 3 Hallmark Movie Collection!

28 comments:

  1. I have been looking forward to Royal Hearts since I first heard about it so I am super excited for Saturday night!!!! I love Cindy, I hope we get the Darcy sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, I'm so glad you are looking forward to seeing Cindy in "Royal Hearts"! I know many of us were excited the moment we saw this movie appear on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc... It's incredible that they filmed this last summer! As we both know, that's a much longer span between filming and premiering for the typical Hallmark movie!

      Enjoy the premiere and I, too, am hoping along with you, that our "Darcy" sequel happens!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  2. Great job as always, Net! Glad to have read this interview with Cindy (I just finished my fourth interview with her--Yikes--a couple of weeks ago and will be posting soon myself). This one was comprehensive, and the bubbly excitment that is Cindy radiates throughout. Thanks for doing this for us fans, and I am very excited to see her in Royal Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's wonderful, Ruth! I found Cindy to be so friendly and engaging, I'm so happy to know you had the opportunity to talk with her again! I will definitely look forward to stopping by your site to see your chat!

      Thank you so much, Ruth, for sharing your enthusiasm and tremendous support!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  3. Sweet interview! I cannot wait to see Royal Hearts! And Autumn Stables looks pretty great too!!! Hope we will be able to see it in the coming months. Thanks Net!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry, Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed this interview. I was delighted to have the opportunity to chat with Cindy and share it with all of you. She is definitely very sweet, genuinely warm and friendly.

      Glad you are looking forward to this movie, too! I'm also hoping we will get to see "Autumn Stables" one day. Kind of looks and sounds perfect for a "Fall Harvest" movie, but we will have to wait and see.

      Appreciate you sharing! Blessings! Net

      Delete
  4. Oh Wow great interview! Can't wait to see this movie...it sounds really fun and romantic! I really enjoyed The Wedding March 3 and of course WCTH this last weekend. It is so nice to have clean family friendly movies to watch! Thanks Net for keeping us updated as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our interview + family friendly films! That's why I do what I do, I love sharing these wholesome movies that are perfect for family movie night! "When Calls the Heart" is one of Hallmark's finest shows, I'm so glad you enjoy it. My family & I look forward each Sunday night to watching it together. Plus, Cindy was a wonderful addition to it's Season 4. Enjoy "Royal Hearts" Saturday night!

      Thank you, again, for your sweet message! Blessings! Net

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to "Royal Hearts" and also "Autumn Stables" as I have enjoyed every movie Cindy does, she is a great actress and Hallmark knows a jewel when they see it. Looking forward to seeing her in many more movies for Hallmark. Loved her in "A Puppy for Christmas" and watch everything with her, Lacey Chabert, Marla Sokoloff, and Holly Robinson Peete!
    Thank you Cindy for this interview for your many fans. (and Net for getting the great Cindy Busby for an interview for your site).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zee, for this lovely message to Cindy and myself. Cindy is definitely, as you mentioned, one of Hallmark's "jewels"! That description is truly perfect for a "royal" movie, in which Cindy will portray a princess!

      I appreciate you sharing all the things you love about Cindy and Hallmark!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  6. thanks Net !

    * idve asked Cindy her favorite perfumes though !!! *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Katy Lynn... it was most fun! Hope you enjoy the movie!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  7. Very good interview but was a little disappointed to see that they are releasing Royal Hearts with 2 other movies that have already been released.
    Wish Hallmark would release other movies than ones that have been previously released. They have so many goods ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I, too, was rather surprised (at first) that they didn't release this movie, "Royal Hearts," on DVD with other upcoming Hallmark "Royal" movies.

      However...

      I'm sure they included the Hallmark movies "Dater's Handbook" and "When Sparks Fly" because they both star Meghan Markle, who has a real-life royal connection, she is marrying Prince Harry.

      Perhaps, "Royal Hearts" will also be released on DVD individually or with other "royal" movies that are yet to premiere on Hallmark this Spring! Let's hope! :)

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  8. Oh, Net, she is quite the Princess, Isn't she?? I fell in love with her and Ryan in "Unleashing Mr. Darcy and can't wait to see "Royal Hearts". Another great interview, Net, and I loved the detailed questions that showed us what a sweetheart she really is! Yes, yes, yes to a sequel of UMD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Cindy is a wonderful actress. I first saw Cindy in Unleashing Mr Darcy. Sure hope we can get the sequel.

      Delete
    2. How sweet, Linda, thank you! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our interview! She is most definitely a sweetheart, one of Hallmark's darlings! I, too, hope we see Cindy in lots & lots of Hallmark movies to come, especially a "Darcy" sequel and maybe, hopefully, Christmas, too!!! :)

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Judy, for your thoughtful response. I know so many of us are hoping for a sequel to "Unleashing Mr. Darcy." There are certainly lots of talks and rumors buzzing about on a follow up movie, currently titled "Marrying Mr. Darcy," but we shall have to wait and see! Many are hoping right along with ya!

      Hope you enjoy seeing Cindy in "Royal Hearts" Saturday night!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  9. Ashley, Heartland fanTuesday, February 20, 2018

    I remember first seeing Cindy Busby on Heartland, too. My name is Ashley, like her character on the show. Loved her with the cute cowboy Caleb. When she left, the show was still good, but I miss her carefree spirit on there. It would be great if she returned one day to Heartland, at least for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, It's always great to hear from fans of "Heartland." I, too, have been watching the show since the start. It's one of my favorites, even if we have to wait just a little longer to get the new episodes here in the U.S. In fact, we are getting new eps (Season 11!) next week (February 28th!) on UP!

      I, too, always loved Cindy Busby on the show as Ashley Stanton. It would be wonderful to see her return, again, one day!

      Hope you enjoy watching Cindy in "Royal Hearts" this weekend!

      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  10. I just watched Cindy on Home & Family. She shared the same sweet story she shared with you, Net, about wrapping blankets around herself and pretending to be a princess.

    As for Marrying Mr. Darcy, which I'm still hoping for, I thought they might mention it or announce it on Home & Family, but it wasn't brought up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw that, too! I love that sweet childhood story of playing dress up. That's what makes Cindy so endearing, her dreams were so similar to our own. So many of us ladies, as little girls, did the very same thing... we dreamed of being a princess! And now, Cindy actually gets to be one... in a movie!

      Hope you enjoy "Royal Hearts"!
      Blessings! Net

      Delete
  11. Thank you, girls! I always get giddy about the royal movies on Hallmark! ๐Ÿ‘‘ ๐Ÿ‘‘

    xoxoxo, Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I know just what you mean, Em! How sweet! I'm sure you are going to love "Royal Hearts" then!
      Blessings, Net

      Delete
  12. I really enjoyed the interview and just want to take the opportunity to thank you again, Net, for all you do here keeping us up to date on Hallmark news. My dad and I both really appreciate it and visit often!

    Best wishes,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Laura! I'm so happy to hear that both you and your father enjoy visiting here! Thank you for sharing that- it truly means so much to me, especially knowing how special movies are to you, as well!

      So glad you also enjoyed my interview here with Cindy! It was such fun to do and share with all of you.

      Thank you for your sweet, thoughtful comment here today! Blessings, Net

      Delete
  13. Great interview! Is Marrying Mr. Darcy in the works now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! The Hallmark Channel has finally announced... (via a promo at the bottom of the screen during a re-airing of "Unleashing Mr. Darcy") "Marrying Mr. Darcy" is coming in June! I know so many fans of this movie are very excited! Myself included! :)

      Delete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net