Over *52 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for visiting It's a Wonderful Movie today!

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

As If! The ’90s Are Back with Melissa Joan Hart, Joey Lawrence & More in ‘Totally ’90s House’ Tonight


( image credit: HGTV / click to enlarge )  


Hey, everybody! The ’90s are officially making a comeback, and this time, they’re taking over the world of home renovation!

I just wanted to send a quick reminder to anyone who might be interested in checking out the new competitive home renovation series, Totally ’90s House, which premieres TONIGHT.

If you watched some of the biggest TV shows of the ’90s (live or in reruns), you’re definitely going to recognize quite a few familiar faces!

Plus, many of these actors have also appeared in plenty of TV movies over the years.

Hosted by Jaleel White, yes, Urkel from Family Matters, this six-episode series brings back all kinds of ’90s nostalgia while giving it a serious home makeover twist. Two teams of beloved ’90s stars will go head-to-head as they transform outdated homes into modern masterpieces, while still working a little retro ’90s charm into their designs.

Here’s how the teams are divided:

Team 1:
• Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210)
• Beverley Mitchell (7th Heaven)
• Jodie Sweetin (Full House)

Team 2:
• Melissa Joan Hart (Clarissa Explains It All, Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
• Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show)
• Matthew Lawrence (Boy Meets World)
• Joey Lawrence (Blossom)

The winning team will receive $25,000 for the charity of their choice.

The stars will also get some help along the way from HGTV design experts Carter Oosterhouse and Sabrina Soto.

So, if you’re ready to take a little trip back to the ’90s... CDs, scrunchies, sitcom stars and all... Totally ’90s House premieres Wednesday, August 26th at 9pm/8c on HGTV. The new series will also be available to stream the following day on HBO Max.

I have a feeling this one is going to be totally rad!!! (couldn't resist!)


Happy Watching,
Net


7 comments:

  1. I am excited for this. I have been watching all the season 1 House Hunters they have been playing for 90's week on HGTV. Its so funny to go back and see how they did that show in season 1. I loved the theme song with the doorbell, and Suzanne Whang as host.

    They have also been playing older shows like Curb appeal and Decorating Cents. Those shows, they were so slow. I can see why the formats changed to what they are today. I always say I have had enough of the Property Brothers, but those old shows, they were so slow and bad. One show all they did was paint the kitchen and put up wallpaper as back splash, then just moved furniture around in a room.

    I have enjoyed the back to the 90's shows and that good old doorbell sound to know House Hunters was on. I never even remember when they changed it.

    I wish I could find a place to watch old episodes of Trading Spaces from TLC. That show was insane.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, Hope you enjoyed watching this. I've only seen the first 30 minutes, so far, and it was so fun to see everyone again. I remember all the shows, but 7th Heaven and Full House were always are top favorites!!!!

      I was hoping they would be doing home makeovers on homes that actually needed help, but some of these homes were like mansions. I'm sure these people could afford their own designer. Other than that, it was great to see everyone and I am looking forward to seeing what they do!

      And... I've also caught some of the old House Hunters... those were good, and yes, I remember Trading Spaces!!!! I'm not sure anyone was really ever truly happy with the results but it was crazy fun to watch!!! I still remember when one of the designers glued straw to a wall. I bet that was fun to remove.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes Net, that was classic Trading Spaces. Home owners were afraid if they got Doug or Hildi as their designers.

      I have always loved HGTV and loved some of the shows back in the day. I didn't mind Property Brothers til they were everywhere, and they seem to get rid of Scott McGilvry and Bryan Baumler for a little while. I loved all Bryans old shows like Disaster DIY and House of Bryan. Then he was gone for many years and it seemed it was HGTV and not him. Loved Income Property with Scott McGilvry.

      Was such a huge fan of Mike Holmes and all those Holmes on Homes shows. He just did so much good for so many people.

      Nowadays I only watch some of the special shows like Renovation Island, Renovation Resort Showdown (get Bryan and Scott), Vacation House rules (love Deb on there) , this 90's house show, and of course, House Hunters. I like the girl that moved from CA to Utah too, Jasmine. Her show is good. Her little family is so sweet too.

      I am so happy you know some of the shows too. It was a better time back then on HGTV.

      Sabrina

      Delete
    3. Sabrina - Oh yesssss... Doug & Hildi.... those were the TWO!!! They were soooo bad! And if you told Doug not to do something - that's just when he did it.

      I finished Totally ’90s House over the weekend - and now I'm totally hooked!!! I love the people both teams chose so much - and I think they both really deserve help with their homes. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch!!! And I love that Joey & Matthew will be working together when Melissa Joan Hart has to leave briefly. The Lawrence brothers are so sweet in the way they love & support each other.

      For anyone else curious - the first show of Totally ’90s House repeats Wednesday at 3pm EST on HGTV, and the new episode airs that night at 9pm.

      Delete
    4. Net, I did really enjoy the show too. I like that Brian Austin Green and Matthew Lawrence also have some experience in DIY. I just adore Beverly Mitchell. I can tolerate Jodie S, and was sad to see Melissa Joan Hart will leave. I wonder why? Maybe she had another commitment. But who doesn't want to see Joey Lawrence. I do like the houses and kind of liked how they were, and hope they do not do too much to them and make too modern. It was nostalgic to see those 90's houses.

      Sabrina

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to comment on the new 12 movie dvd hallmark released. Why 12? Most of us have probably gotten what they want that's on this dvd. The only one I really want, and have been waiting for a long time for, is Return To Christmas Creek. I really want this movie, but not enough to pay $50. for one movie. Why can't they put 2 or 3 on a dvd and possibly increase sales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean. It's awful to have to pay so much for a bunch of movies you either already have or simply don't want - just to get the one movie you do. I feel exactly the same way.

      And by the way... I've always loved the movie Return to Christmas Creek, too!!!

      Delete

Please comment and share your thoughts on movies and more! I always enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net